• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Negative Zone's Miscellaneous Fandom Search

Pardon the mess, this is my first time playing with bbcode and the like. Lately I've been in a rare mood where I'm actually interested in more than one rather specific roleplay. I don't know how long this mood will last but I've been trying to get a little bit more social so it doesn't hurt to throw some ideas around, right?

• 20s (closer to 30 than 20, to my occasional dismay). Any pronouns. Mental illness + autism spectrum. That's about all the personal info I feel comfortable divulging. I might open up more over the course of an RP but I can't make any guarantees. I consider myself a casual RPer. To me this means I don't strive for any particular post length, and just work with what my inspiration and the content of a scene gives me. In practice I tend to post anywhere between one to five paragraphs. I do enjoy detail but I find after a certain point I'm just forcing myself to write more for the sake of hitting a quota, but there are outliers if I'm feeling particularly verbose.

Guidelines

• Be at least 18. This is kind of arbitrary and I always have a hard time explaining why, but I just feel more comfortable playing with adults. I understand 18 isn't a 'magic age of maturity' so this miiight be negotiable but I don't know how well we'd click as partners. 16 and 17 maybe, 15 and below is probably a total no go. (Note that I will play in groups with folks younger than 18 I just feel more comfortable with this guideline when it comes to 1x1s.)
    • Be chill. Yeah, this is something that's extremely subjective and very difficult to quantify but I don't want to feel any pressure here. At the same time I won't pressure you. I might pop in if I haven't heard from you in a while and inquire, but that's it.
    • Post however much and however often you feel comfortable with. Try to aim for at least a paragraph if you can! I have a hard time responding to one-liners sustained over a long period but seeing them once in a while isn't an instant death sentence. Writers block happens and some scenes are more suited for short posts.
    • Be willing to play any gender (or at least both male and female), multiple characters in an RP, as well as help contribute to the brainstorming, plotting, and worldbuilding.
    • There are things I'd just rather not RP about. Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, incest, slavery, abusive relationships... none of these things are fun for me to write about in detail. If we do a setting or storyline where these elements would occur I'd rather minimize the time we spend on them.
    • Third person perspective prose only. First person RP never clicked for me, and I'm not really interested in the old asterisk *walks into the room* or script style of RP anymore. I'm also not really in tune with the poetry style of RP that I see here and there.
    • I prefer to do 1x1 RPs over PMs but threads are OK too, just not my first choice.

Other important stuff

• I dislike the term Mary Sue and find that it has some pretty gross connotations and plays into a lot of nasty double standards. So I'm not going to scrutinize any potential OCs on that front.
    • I've never been much of a shipper, and this plays into my RP preferences too. Romance isn't a priority or something I'm really looking for, but if it develops or feels right I'll still play it out. However I will say if you absolutely require romance in your RPs I'm proooobably not going to be the best fit for you.
    • I'm only interested in fandom-based play. Pretty much the entirety of my RP output throughout the years has had at least a small anchor in fandom. Fandom and RP have become pretty synonymous in my mind. I miiiiiight be willing to make an exception if you're interested in a plotline or setting heavily inspired by a given work of fiction. The chance is very low, though.
    • I love AUs but I'm not a fan of modern domestic/slice-of-life AUs. Usually there has to be some sort of fantastical twist to the setting or story to hook me in as I've never been that much into school or workplace drama.
    • If the fandom isn't listed here I'm probably not interested in doing an RP based on it. I find unless I'm super invested in a given roleplay that I'll very quickly have difficulty making posts, and my interests are often very focused. However you can always ask, like for example if you've seen me gush over some series or another in the other forums and think I might be into an RP based on it... the idea could intrigue me!
    • Crossovers are great and aren't necessarily limited to the fandoms listed here so feel free to make suggestions.

Use the tabs to see everything. If you're interested or have questions please PM me or leave a post here if your account isn't PM enabled yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to do some kind of Fantastic Four RP with you. I know you said you weren't on much of a Marvel kick at the moment so don't worry if not, but PM me if you're interested. :)

MistahJ said:
I'd love to do some kind of Fantastic Four RP with you. I know you said you weren't on much of a Marvel kick at the moment so don't worry if not, but PM me if you're interested. :)
I'll give it a good think and see if it interests me. :D

As for everyone else, I've finally seen The Force Awakens so I'll edit my first post accordingly...

Really interested in doing something Star Warsy, maybe set around the same general time as TFA... but any era (prequel, OT, Old Republic, something else entirely) is still good by me.

Bump again. I have a bit of an idea based on the Hunger Games series but it's a pretty big AU that basically rebuilds the setting from the ground up. Still interested in anything else on my list, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back