Anime & Manga Need help finding an anime for someone

I just wonder one thing. Why she wants you to find anime? From what you stated out in this thread this person was so conservative I am amazed she even knows what anime is so I just got curious how the term came up. Moving to point ugh it is really hard to find an anime that does not contain at least one of these things you listed. Even in school drama ones there is either worship of certain gods, crossdressing, homosexuality or sex (I assume by sex this includes ecchi as well especially if she is really that conservative)

Pokemon and digimon has violence and ofcurse in same regard the card-game genre is also out since whole point of them is two or more person are fighting each other.

I didn't watch this one myself so it is just a pure suggestion based on what I know about it from first couple of episodes i fast forwarded but hibike no euphonium supposedly about a school orchestra but like I said i didn't watch it (tame anime is not my forte) so can't say anything specific.
Well I think it's a control think. She knows her daughter wants to watch it and wants to have some say and than she somewhat wants to make me look bad for not trying.

Studio Ghibi is a no go. Witches, demons, spirits etc are big no nos to this woman.
Not everything they made has supernatural elements.

Here's a few that are one of those few.

Hope some of these trailer might be okay for them.

Here's some other trailers of anime

(this is a chistmas seson film)

Umm there is more, but i ran out of time for now. If you like what you see, I'll post you some more later.

I can't remember for sure on some of the elements but Shirobako might be a good fit. It's a workplace slice of life show about an anime studio and the plot revolves around the anime making process so there's no supernatural stuff involved.

There is stuff like characters meeting together at a bar after work so if alcohol is a no go it won't work. Also now that I remember one of the gags in the series revolves around a poorly animated fanservice scene of a woman in a bikini but it's very brief. So maybe it's not the best fit after all but it's a damn good show.

I'd definitely second the people mentioning sports and slice of life anime but most of the ones I can think of have at least one element from the no go list so I can't help a ton there.

EDIT: Actually I just remembered the World Masterpiece Theater shows! I haven't watched them myself but they're all adaptations of old children's literature (well mostly, I think one of the shows is based off Les Miserables).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Masterpiece_Theater Might be worth a shot!

"lol she wants to control what her daughter wants what a fucking asshole"

Why am I still on this site? I wish my parents gave a fuck what I watched.

So I have a bit of an issue. My brother in-law' s sister inlaw wants me to find an anime for her daughter and it can not have andof the following (seriously this woman gave me a list)

No sex
No magic
No worship of any gods or goddess cause they are Christian
No monsters
No violence
No cross dressing
No homosexuality
No ghosts or demon
And already suggested Pokemon and Digimon and it didn't work out .

Really at a loss here

Like to give an idea of what I am working with the girl who I am working to find anime for got grounded for watching Hocus pocus cause you witches are part of the devil. And her mom said of she watches or reads Harry potter she will become possessed.

Haikyuu would probably be ok to.

How old is her daughter? Because, seriously like 98% of anime involves this to some extent and you need to show kids these things sometime otherwise they'll learn them the hard way. It's not good parenting.

Haikyuu would probably be ok to.

How old is her daughter? Because, seriously like 98% of anime involves this to some extent and you need to show kids these things sometime otherwise they'll learn them the hard way. It's not good parenting.
13 will be 14 in May

It occurred to me does this mom lets (forces :P) her daughter to read bible? Because I might be mistaken since I am not christian (or the religious type for that matter) but from my experience with holy books (granted it is limited but lets say I read some passages from a various of them) they are not quiet fit for the list you provided themselves either to begin with you can't say something wrong without actually mentioning that something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back