Anime & Manga Need help finding an anime for someone

katybug1314

Elder Member
So I have a bit of an issue. My brother in-law' s sister inlaw wants me to find an anime for her daughter and it can not have andof the following (seriously this woman gave me a list)

No sex
No magic
No worship of any gods or goddess cause they are Christian
No monsters
No violence
No cross dressing
No homosexuality
No ghosts or demon
And already suggested Pokemon and Digimon and it didn't work out .

Really at a loss here

Like to give an idea of what I am working with the girl who I am working to find anime for got grounded for watching Hocus pocus cause you witches are part of the devil. And her mom said of she watches or reads Harry potter she will become possessed.

Oregairu
Nounai
Golden time
Mayo chiki
Netoge
Yowamushi pedal
Haikyu
Prince of tennis
Dfrag
Kurokuro no basket
Ace no diamond or whatever that baseball anime was
Watomote

This is one of the cleanest anime lists I've ever made. Most of it is either sports anime or slice of life. No magic. No religious undertones. Low on fan service. e.e So many good shows I couldn't recommend that are clean by normal standards..but they have magic or involve comedy violence.

but I do think you should try harder and give them the recommendations of

Assassination classroom
No game no life
The world only god knows

It would be a disservice as an anime fan in a position to give recommendations, if you didn't try any of these last three.

Oregairu
Nounai
Golden time
Mayo chiki
Netoge
Yowamushi pedal
Haikyu
Prince of tennis
Dfrag
Kurokuro no basket
Ace no diamond or whatever that baseball anime was
Watomote

This is one of the cleanest anime lists I've ever made. Most of it is either sports anime or slice of life. No magic. No religious undertones. Low on fan service. e.e So many good shows I couldn't recommend that are clean by normal standards..but they have magic or involve comedy violence.

but I do think you should try harder and give them the recommendations of

Assassination classroom
No game no life
The world only god knows

It would be a disservice as an anime fan in a position to give recommendations, if you didn't try any of these last three.
Thanks really it was hard for me to think of anyone off hand. I'll have to sit and see if these would be ok by her mom's kinda crazy standards.

Thanks really it was hard for me to think of anyone off hand. I'll have to sit and see if these would be ok by her mom's kinda crazy standards.
Nounai,netoge, and mayo chiki are anime rom coms that have slight waifu fanservice in them. So they'd be the *dirtiest* shows of the bunch.

And no problem, it was weird trying to come up with a list that was both interesting while not having any of the pg-13 stuff in most anime.

Nounai,netoge, and mayo chiki are anime rom coms that have slight waifu fanservice in them. So they'd be the *dirtiest* shows of the bunch.

And no problem, it was weird trying to come up with a list that was both interesting while not having any of the pg-13 stuff in most anime.

That was my problem that and the girl I was asked to look for she has simliar interests as I did when I was 13 and it's like i know some she would love like D.N.Angel and Fruits Basket but her mom would say no.

That was my problem that and the girl I was asked to look for she has simliar interests as I did when I was 13 and it's like i know some she would love like D.N.Angel and Fruits Basket but her mom would say no.
Dang that sucks lol. Fruits basket looks pretty tame by all rights. >.> I've never encountered a parent like this before,but as a fellow weeb I wish you good luck. If you need more I can scrounge s'more stuff when I'm not posting after staying up all night.

banner_3355.jpg

Its a slice of life anime that follows musical prodigy Kosei Arima as he starts to reenter the music world with the help of some friends. The music is beautiful, and the animation is quite nice.
Although I guess there is a bit of violence, mostly through flashbacks of abuse in the past that isn't there in the current chain of events.

Well just as Bacon is Fluffy stated, your best bet will be with slice of life and sports anime. However if the brief flashbacks of abuse can slide past the non-violence rule, I think Your Lie in April is a pretty good anime.

DAAAMN those parents fucking suck! XDD

Okay so, the cleanest anime that I personally know is;

Saint Oniisan which is LITERALLY religious figures, including Jesus and Buddha, in a comedy anime. Don't know if they'll find offence to Jesus walking around kinda low key making fun of the idea of anime but...XDD I found it really funny as a Catholic.

And then there's Romeo and the Black Brothers. It's a historical, sweet little anime with no violence (?) but you may want to double check. It's very clean.

Also, go through some Studio GHIBLI movies as well. A lot of them are incredibly tame and are meant for all audiences.

DAAAMN those parents fucking suck! XDD

Okay so, the cleanest anime that I personally know is;

Saint Oniisan which is LITERALLY religious figures, including Jesus and Buddha, in a comedy anime. Don't know if they'll find offence to Jesus walking around kinda low key making fun of the idea of anime but...XDD I found it really funny as a Catholic.

And then there's Romeo and the Black Brothers. It's a historical, sweet little anime with no violence (?) but you may want to double check. It's very clean.

Also, go through some Studio GHIBLI movies as well. A lot of them are incredibly tame and are meant for all audiences.
They do suck they lived with us for about 4 months and it was hell can't so studio GHIBLI just knowing how they are they would be pissed if I suggested it I mean this 13 old has been grounded fo watching Hocus pocus and reading Harry potter I can't imagine what they would do if they caught her watching Howls moving castle or Kiki

Yikes. Can't recommend anything now, mania-stricken parents will get what's coming to them when she eventually leaves and has her own freedom. If it were me, i'd just pretend to practice spell-casting and say that i'm attempting to summon "The Great ones."

Yikes. Can't recommend anything now, mania-stricken parents will get what's coming to them when she eventually leaves and has her own freedom. If it were me, i'd just pretend to practice spell-casting and say that i'm attempting to summon "The Great ones."
Dude her parents would try to do an exorcism. They don't want her in my room because I have statues of Egyptian gods and goddesses

Dude her parents would try to do an exorcism. They don't want her in my room because I have statues of Egyptian gods and goddesses
That's hilarious. I've never seen people so insane in my entire life, to be honest i believed the idea of even strict religious parents would allow someone to watch Harry potter or have something with monsters in it.

Unfortunately for them they don't realize that even humans can be monsters. They're setting up their child for disaster, the open-world isn't exactly friendly..

That's hilarious. I've never seen people so insane in my entire life, to be honest i believed the idea of even strict religious parents would allow someone to watch Harry potter or have something with monsters in it.

Unfortunately for them they don't realize that even humans can be monsters. They're setting up their child for disaster, the open-world isn't exactly friendly..

When they lived with us it was the longest 4 months. In my area which is the bible belt you get use to fairly religious people but they take it to a scary. They have openly said if any of their kids are gay they would send them to one of those conversion camps or disown them. Which if that happens I will be the first one there to protect those kids.

When they lived with us it was the longest 4 months. In my area which is the bible belt you get use to fairly religious people but they take it to a scary. They have openly said if any of their kids are gay they would send them to one of those conversion camps or disown them. Which if that happens I will be the first one there to protect those kids.

There are some people in life who shouldn't be parents.

They do suck they lived with us for about 4 months and it was hell can't so studio GHIBLI just knowing how they are they would be pissed if I suggested it I mean this 13 old has been grounded fo watching Hocus pocus and reading Harry potter I can't imagine what they would do if they caught her watching Howls moving castle or Kiki

How about the Secret World of Arrietty? No magic, no violence, no monsters, and it's rated G. : P

Never realized how many anime have magic and cross dressing and homosexual undertones until now. Even the tame ones like Fruits Basket and Ouran High that I usually recommend for kids or strict parents are vetoed here. :neutralteeth:

I can't remember exactly whether this one might work, but there's an anime called Happy Lesson. About this orphan kid, and all his teachers decide to move in and be his "mom" because he's living all alone and what not. It's a comedy! Was a long ass time ago though so I don't recall the finer points.

Um~ Man, trying so hard not to be hardcore judgmental of people I don't even know, but what a terrible childhood... Ugh. I can't-this is so much more frustrating than it should be, gahhhh.

Never realized how many anime have magic and cross dressing and homosexual undertones until now. Even the tame ones like Fruits Basket and Ouran High that I usually recommend for kids or strict parents are vetoed here. :neutralteeth:

I can't remember exactly whether this one might work, but there's an anime called Happy Lesson. About this orphan kid, and all his teachers decide to move in and be his "mom" because he's living all alone and what not. It's a comedy! Was a long ass time ago though so I don't recall the finer points.

Um~ Man, trying so hard not to be hardcore judgmental of people I don't even know, but what a terrible childhood... Ugh. I can't-this is so much more frustrating than it should be, gahhhh.
I know like it was really hard for me just becuase when I was growing up my parents pushed for me to read Harry Potter and when I got into anime and manga to them I was opening my world to other cultures and to think someone can't enjoy something I know they will. I mean I know this girl would love Fruits Basket but I know it won't make the cut.

I'd recommend Love live, it's about high school girls trying to become school idols (you can explain to her parents they don't mean idols that are "worshipped" like christians say worship celebrities and its a japanese term) to make their school popular and save it from shutting down.

The only problems I can think of with it are one or two jokes about how short their costumes are and someone says the phrase "sexual harassment" as a joke at one point.

Definitely just go with the first series because the second one has a girl who pretends she's a fallen angel and thats obviously ungodly.

Actually now that I think about it, Nozomi in the first series is into fortune-telling with tarot cards. :| so that's probably not an option ugh.

Yeah, as someone with parents like those, super strict conservative Christians won't be happy with any show you find unless it's a christian show and I can't think of any christian anime....

So I have a bit of an issue. My brother in-law' s sister inlaw wants me to find an anime for her daughter and it can not have andof the following (seriously this woman gave me a list)

No sex
No magic
No monsters
No violence
No cross dressing
No homosexuality
No ghosts or demon

Really at a loss here

Like to give an idea of what I am working with the girl who I am working to find anime for got grounded for watching Hocus pocus cause you witches are part of the devil. And her mom said of she watches or reads Harry potter she will become possessed.

I'd recommend anime about jobs like Bakuman or Space brothers.
They are both very good despite being about working (Bakuman is about writing manga and Space brothers is about becoming an astronaught)
Bakuman is 75 eps in 3 seasons
Space Brothers is 99 eps in 1 season

No sex
No magic
No monsters
No violence
No cross dressing
No homosexuality
No ghosts or demon

Really at a loss here

I just wonder one thing. Why she wants you to find anime? From what you stated out in this thread this person was so conservative I am amazed she even knows what anime is so I just got curious how the term came up. Moving to point ugh it is really hard to find an anime that does not contain at least one of these things you listed. Even in school drama ones there is either worship of certain gods, crossdressing, homosexuality or sex (I assume by sex this includes ecchi as well especially if she is really that conservative)

Pokemon and digimon has violence and ofcurse in same regard the card-game genre is also out since whole point of them is two or more person are fighting each other.

I didn't watch this one myself so it is just a pure suggestion based on what I know about it from first couple of episodes i fast forwarded but hibike no euphonium supposedly about a school orchestra but like I said i didn't watch it (tame anime is not my forte) so can't say anything specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back