• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic NCQuest: Mecha-flavor tactical action in an after-apocalyptic future

Quick question about this that I hope makes sense: will most of the roleplaying be as the Linkers, and we just switch to the NC's point of view when we're "on the job"? Or is the roleplaying going to be more like we're androids because we're going to be "on the job" all the time? The reason I ask because on the mecha side I'd love to join! I have a novel I've written from the POV of an alien mech with her pilot, and I've roleplaying plenty of robots. Problem is the human side of it: I haven't a clue what to do with that. XD Even with the story I wrote, the mech is the main character, and her pilot a secondary main. I'm also a huge fan of customization and I'm not sure how far I can go with that as the plot progresses (more humanoid versus less humanoid? Where's that line). So I can't decide if this roleplay would be for me or not (although even if it isn't I might still stalk the IC thread. Good mech stories are hard to find nowadays)... If you don't really have an answer for this that's fine too, as long as signups will remain open even after the RP starts, because then I can gauge what's expected of me by looking at other peoples' posts.

Thank you so much for the interest! To answer your inquiries; I'm hoping to accommodate a variety of specific styles and I'm willing to make things work for each individual according to their tastes and what they want to write.

The current plan is that the RP will be divided into 'Episodes', once or twice a month, and each 'Episode' will feature either the Linkers handling something in their lives, or an operation, or abstained if their player is busy and we can assume theyre doing 'boring stuff' in the background. Different characters would be able to be doing their own things an 'Episode' but for simplicity sake I hope to use gm bullshit powers so that everyone are doing things that are at least somewhat related.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of giving people limitations so I can watch them find ways to circumvent or break them cleverly and in tasteful ways. I imagine that distinctly inhumanoid NCs are the hardest to naturally control using the Linker implant method but obviously offer more unique features and variety.

Sadly, I have to admit I'm on the verge of being overwhelmed at the moment and I don't think I can consider any more people at the start of the RP at this time. I'd still love to have you around for now and hope to figure something out for you ad soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and showing interest even if only as an observer, I hope to maintain your interest and have you discuss things with us.

Ah, okay! That clears things up a bit.
That's fine, since you mentioned wanting a small group of people, and it sounds like you'll be managing the plot progression quite a bit so you wouldn't want a lot going on anyway. I shall continue lurking, and maybe in the future I'll have a character idea nicely timed with an opening! XD Who knows though. Have fun with the RP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back