• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Natural Selection (Fantasy/Open)

Choir concert is gonna start soon, so I'll respond to RPs and such later.

*nervously typing an email to a professor* shit shit shit. I give up. I'm going to be a hobo on the streets. This is too much.

then you will hate marching band xD

Working on my post atm, but am also working on making my other characters ;-;, so it might be a while

crying_animation.gif

Hello, Dr. ******,

My name is ******* and I am a freshman majoring in Computer Science. I am in this program called the Grand Challenge Scholars Program. The challenge theme I want to research in is Security but more specifically cyber security. I wanted to talk with you because I have heard of your lab, SEFCOM. Also, ******* came to our Grand Challenge Summer Institute talking about cyber security. I want to know more about your work and SEFCOM's current research. I've have taken an interest in mobile security and I saw that you are currently looking into making mobile payments more secure which I'm very curious on how that works. I am completely coming into this new and I want to know where should I begin in my research. I have a couple of questions and would love to meet up with you somewhere around this week or next week, if you have time. Thanks!

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE ANYONE OMG I DONT WANT TO SEND IT YEEEEETTT AHHHHHHHHHHH

Hello, Dr. ******,

My name is ******* and I am a freshman majoring in Computer Science, I'm in this program called the Grand Challenge Scholars Program. The challenge theme I want to research in is Security but more specifically cyber security. I wanted to talk with you because I have heard of your lab, SEFCOM, and additionally, ******* came to our Grand Challenge Summer Institute talking about cyber security. I want to know more about your work and SEFCOM's current research, I've have taken an interest in mobile security and I saw that you are currently looking into making mobile payments more secure which I'm very curious on how that works; I was hoping that perhaps there was a way to meet up with you and ask you a few questions as I am completely new in this field and would love to have the wisdom to guide me of someone of your status. I would like to thank your time and if there is any questions, comments, concerns, etc..., then please fill free to contact me back at any given time. My contact information is *enter your contact information here). Thanks!

Sincerest regards,

P.S. I would like to thank you for the time it took you to read my letter, and any time you may offer me in the future, and I would be honored to have you even consider my request; let alone grant it.

*Italics is the parts I changed*

Perhaps this is something along the lines?

Last edited by a moderator:
my changes? they have none of that :P

Also this is just a suggestion lol, I ain't too good with tis but i know sucking up to the person is a great way to get on there good side ^_^

Hello, Dr. ******,

My name is ******* and I am a freshman majoring in Computer Science. I'm in a program called the Grand Challenge Scholars Program, and we are required to choose a challenge theme (for some assignment? Idk state your assignment here.). The challenge theme I want to research in is Security, but more specifically, cyber security. I wanted to talk with you regarding this topic because I have heard of your lab, SEFCOM. Another professional, *******, came to our Grand Challenge Summer Institute talking about cyber security, and it intrigued me greatly. I want to know more about your work and SEFCOM's current research, since I've have taken an interest in mobile security and I saw that you are currently looking into making mobile payments more secure. I'm very curious on how that works, and was hoping that perhaps there was a way to meet up with you and ask you a few questions since I am completely new in this field and would love to have the aid of someone with your professional capabilities. I would like to thank you for your time and if there are any questions, comments, concerns, etc., that you have about my request, then please feel free to contact me at any given time. My contact information is *enter your contact information here).Thank you.

Sincerest regards,

P.S. I would like to thank you for the time it took
for you to read my letter, and any time you may offer me in the future.

Bold is what I edited~

Sucking up too much would seem desperate. You don't want that. I write a lot of formal letter type stuff because of IB, so I hope this helps, @AnimusLight

please re-read that lol

Federoff said:
Hello, Dr. ******,
My name is ******* and I am a freshman majoring in Computer Science, I'm in this program called the Grand Challenge Scholars Program. The challenge theme I want to research in is Security but more specifically cyber security. I wanted to talk with you because I have heard of your lab, SEFCOM, and additionally, ******* came to our Grand Challenge Summer Institute talking about cyber security. I want to know more about your work and SEFCOM's current research, I've have taken an interest in mobile security and I saw that you are currently looking into making mobile payments more secure which I'm very curious on how that works; I was hoping that perhaps there was a way to meet up with you and ask you a few questions as I am completely new in this field and would love to have the wisdom to guide me of someone of your status. I would like to thank your time and if there is any questions, comments, concerns, etc..., then please fill free to contact me back at any given time. My contact information is *enter your contact information here). Thanks!

Sincerest regards,

P.S. I would like to thank you for the time it took you to read my letter, and any time you may offer me in the future, and I would be honored to have you even consider my request; let alone grant it.

*Italics is the parts I changed*

Perhaps this is something along the lines?
It seems to be a comma, not a period xD I admit I accidentally capitolized the and but there is a comma there. :P

Guys you made me spit out my ice coffee all over the monitor. Wow damn alright thank you so much. I have no talent in making a good-looking essay or email so this is a lot of help. Thankk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

LOL. That's what you get for trying to drink. Apparently you have had a drinking problem. *snicker snicker*

np, always glad to help a friend :D (Btw, I understand, I am about a B student in English xD ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-;_

xD I have a C but I'm so good at grammar people yell at me for it xD ;-;

OMG I JUST DIED

I HEARD THE ADVERTISEMENT "PEANUTS MOVIE" WRONG ON ACCIDENT

Federoff said:
perhaps your a bit... NUTZ! xD

I'll go stand in the corner now ;-;
Oh gods. xD ROFL *joins you because shame*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back