• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Naruto universe RP

What kind of roleplay suits you best / are you interested in?

• Developing storyline. (Story develops / characters develops by the time)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Static storyline. (Story doesn't develop / characters develops by the time)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Static characters. (Story develops / characters doesn't develop by the time)

• Free (Story doesn't develop / characters doesn't develop by the time)

• LOL! / wat is naruto??? / ME WANT COOKIE!!!

• Total voters

WaffleDog

Ordinary Madman
image.jpg

Role:

Cooler older brother

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd definitely be interested! Having run a couple of Naruto RPs in the past, I'd prefer it if character types were limited (so that not everyone has Kekkei Genkai/Mary Sues), but I'll roll with whatever you go for.

this looks awesome

I don't know a lot about Naruto but I know about the school and the fox

I stopped watching Naruto before Shippudden; that being said, I had a very successful Naruto RP in high school. It would be interesting to get those characters up and running again! I would just need to brush up. Also, I like characters and plot developing as we go! Maybe we could make a squad, and then roll with it from the beginning or so.

I do have a few plot ideas, so let me know if this takes off and I can share them with you :D They're mainly character backgrounds, but could add side plot and missions.

Ive watched all of the Naruto original and Naruto Shippuden, so I have a good understanding of it I think. But still, this will be my first Naruto rp.. Also, will OCs be allowed? :)

I tried a Naruto role play on another forum, it fell apart due to bad planning and story telling. Of course, the cliched and over powered Mary/Gary Sue contributed to the role plays demise. If I were to host or take part of a Naruto Role Play, I'd hope it would have the following;

Freedom to make a character how I want to. I don't want to be forced into the role of let's say a Hyuuga when I'd rather play a shinobi from Kumogakure. But at the same time there should be restrictions at first, so people can't have some Sage Mode or Rinnegan - level abilities, but rather develop into them, if they so desired.

A certain level of maturity and realism, the manga was decent for a long time, up until the War Arc. Realism went down, it turned into a piss poor morality fight between essentially child soldiers. I'd want a gritty and descriptive world that these assassins live in. Sun shine and rainbows does not fit.

A story that has possible directions and plot twists/points it can develop into, but the character(s) should always help shape the specific events that occur or even push the story in new directions or skew it as they too develop and their actions change what one might expect.

And obviously, somewhat literate people who can type a sentence, won't go overboard with fighting or just try to be an exact copy from the show. View 99% of Fanfiction.net stories on how to not do this, basically. Just my input on what would make a Naruto role play work, at least, work really well.

For first, thank you for feedback. I realy appreciate your effort and since we have 6 interested players, I think we can start the roleplay and discuss the rest in OOC section.

@GalaxyGirl , I was also thinking about making squads, as it would be much easier and smoother to communicate and story would be more varied. Also, I think if each squad had their own section to post in, it would be less complicated. Oh, and any plots and mission suggestions are good to go, as long as others agrees with them.

OC will of course be enabled in both OOC section and IC sections. But it has to be separeted in IC, so others can clearly see which part is IC and which is OC.

I think we can all agree with @TheAncientCenturion . Also, great feedback.

P.S.: I'll post link of the roleplay thread later. Also, I'm glad that we all have about the same point of view.

Here it is!

Why not cute ninjas doing cute ninja stuff?

Instead of stupid DBZ power inflation and MUH DARKNESS and other shonen cliches?

I'd definitely be interested in something like this. I agree with everyone else that it probably is best to make sure powers are pretty limited, so things don't got overboard though.

Go ahead then and join us in the thread I've posted. We are currently debating about it in OOC chat so don't miss it. ( ;) )

Would we be playing only OC's in this, or do we have the ability to choose a canon character? I have one that I've role played since 2006, so I really have a feel for him. He's not a major character in the series. PM me, or let me know what you think!

Well, to be honest @Loki Laevatein, you can and also can't. If you would at least change your character's name a bit, then it would be ok. It also depends on what rank is your character, because we don't really have a team for another genin (but this may change, because one of our players is not responding, so you could possibly replace him).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back