• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom naruto «« reset ooc

Oh yeah I was one of those. Forgot to and didn't think to add certain minor details like Height, weight, blood type and classification like the wiki adds and others here have included. Plus adding a antidote as a carried item/weapon that would be prior prepped by his mother or other more experienced Yamanaka clan ninja since he'd be using poison based from flowers.
I wouldn't say bloodtype is all too important, but if you want to add it then go ahead! That being said, was there supposed to be an image on your CS? if there was, it's not showing up... (for me)

As seen above Hitomu is reminiscent of his clan in the way he's lightly skinned with a clean complexion, while his eyes and blonde hair easily point toward him being a Yamanaka...

Hi!

I wouldn't say bloodtype is all too important, but if you want to add it then go ahead! That being said, was there supposed to be an image on your CS? if there was, it's not showing up... (for me)

Hi!
Oh? I thought that copy from the workshop and paste went too easy. Haha. it showed up for me there for I thought it worked smoothly, even hit preview to double check. I'll fix the image issue now. ^^"

Also true, I noticed it wasn't necessary just thought I'd add more detail in the CS.

Edit:
Does it show now? yxnie yxnie

Oh? I thought that copy from the workshop and paste went too easy. Haha. it showed up for me there for I thought it worked smoothly, even hit preview to double check. I'll fix the image issue now. ^^"

Also true, I noticed it wasn't necessary just thought I'd add more detail in the CS.

Edit:
Does it show now? yxnie yxnie
Yeah, you're good!

Speaking of pictures... I found faceclaims for my other three characters. When will I finish their sheets? I'm not sure, but... Tenma'll be up sometime soon. ;D

Yeah, you're good!

Speaking of pictures... I found faceclaims for my other three characters. When will I finish their sheets? I'm not sure, but... Tenma'll be up sometime soon. ;D
Sweet! I'm hyped to try out my first Yamanaka OC. Oh also.... hyped for the Rp too of course.

Awesome! FC's are sometimes tough to find especially for anime Rps like naruto imo. ^^

Sweet! I'm hyped to try out my first Yamanaka OC. Oh also.... hyped for the Rp too of course.

Awesome! FC's are sometimes tough to find especially for anime Rps like naruto imo. ^^
I try to find FCs based on the personality I have planned out for them? Which usually leads me to having FCs of characters from other anime. In Yoko's case I chose her FC since I actually decided, "huh. black hair and pink eyes. where to find that..." first, haha.

I try to find FCs based on the personality I have planned out for them? Which usually leads me to having FCs of characters from other anime. In Yoko's case I chose her FC since I actually decided, "huh. black hair and pink eyes. where to find that..." first, haha.
Oh really? Haha. Hmm.. I haven't tried that route. I usually have too much of a type in mind and try to look for that kind of FC especially if canon clan based. Like My Yamanaka OC I tried for a OC that is blond and if their eyes match close enough went with it. Also presence of a Tanto or with my OC in Kiyoko's naruto Rp where my guy is a Tenten style character I aimed for a OC with scrolls if it were possible. Which luckily I found some. Idk why... small details like that come to mind with me and villages like canon villages, konoha, suna, Kumo, iwaga, Kiri and Takirigakure/waterfall I also try for ocs with those markers too.

Least when it comes to naruto Rps. But I should try something like your way and open my mind more to other FC types.

I felt a strong connection to the picture I found. Mostly his scythe. Then I thought “no one has true telekinesis in Naruto huh?”
Literally as I’m writing it up I think.

I just made kankuro without puppets.

Oh really? Haha. Hmm.. I haven't tried that route. I usually have too much of a type in mind and try to look for that kind of FC especially if canon clan based. Like My Yamanaka OC I tried for a OC that is blond and if their eyes match close enough went with it. Also presence of a Tanto or with my OC in Kiyoko's naruto Rp where my guy is a Tenten style character I aimed for a OC with scrolls if it were possible. Which luckily I found some. Idk why... small details like that come to mind with me and villages like canon villages, konoha, suna, Kumo, iwaga, Kiri and Takirigakure/waterfall I also try for ocs with those markers too.

Least when it comes to naruto Rps. But I should try something like your way and open my mind more to other FC types.
That's one way to go about it! Typically I either make my own clan or avoid having my character be in a major clan at all, but sometimes I keep that in mind as well. Actually, Tenma's supposedly a Senju as well, but rather than going with brown hair I went with blonde (tbh a friend picked out that FC, it's one of the ones that are based off personality lmao) since I figured, he's probably not a direct decedent, y'know? If I try to be too specific then finding FCs will take me way too long.

I can completely understand that bit about small details though, since I have found some FCs that way.

I felt a strong connection to the picture I found. Mostly his scythe. Then I thought “no one has true telekinesis in Naruto huh?”
Literally as I’m writing it up I think.

I just made kankuro without puppets.
Kankuro without puppets, nice! He was another awesome character in naruto. But yeah definitely fitting a comparison, similar style but without the wooden presence of puppets.

But cool! Nice connection there. Can't say I've experienced too many like that one you experienced.

That's one way to go about it! Typically I either make my own clan or avoid having my character be in a major clan at all, but sometimes I keep that in mind as well. Actually, Tenma's supposedly a Senju as well, but rather than going with brown hair I went with blonde (tbh a friend picked out that FC, it's one of the ones that are based off personality lmao) since I figured, he's probably not a direct decedent, y'know? If I try to be too specific then finding FCs will take me way too long.

I can completely understand that bit about small details though, since I have found some FCs that way.
I vary in regards to clan, it's usually a tough call especially depending on the village. Though I usually don't go major clans as I've never done a Hyuuga, Uzumaki, Uchiha or Senju clan OC. I've ocs from Sarutobi (Favorite clan) Akimichi (Serious fun there imo) and a descendent (indirect) of the third kazekage. But that's been it so far for me, though clans like inuzuka, Nara, Aburame and Kamizuru (Bee clan case spelling is wrong or name incorrect) would be fun too. As I'd imagine others would be too like the major ones.

But yeah, I'm too set on certain details when searching though I really shouldn't as a lot of epic FC's exist out there.

That's awesome though! Going in less specific would be great and time saving. Perfectionist saving too. Cool that you've got a friend to find some FC's for you too.

I'm usually more of a civilian person when it comes to Naruto rps, only because I feel it allows for more character development and outside character motivation. Even if it puts you behind a ton and there really are no civilian-born prodigies lol

but going for something different this time ha though I still might go back to a civi type

I'm usually more of a civilian person when it comes to Naruto rps, only because I feel it allows for more character development and outside character motivation. Even if it puts you behind a ton and there really are no civilian-born prodigies lol

but going for something different this time ha though I still might go back to a civi type
Maybe a civilian who has some unnatural genjutsu potential. Like being able to whistle and subconsciously they add chakra to it etc etc

ahh maybe
i just usually go down the sakura route and say either good chakra control and potential medic

Kankuro without puppets, nice! He was another awesome character in naruto. But yeah definitely fitting a comparison, similar style but without the wooden presence of puppets.

But cool! Nice connection there. Can't say I've experienced too many like that one you experienced.

I vary in regards to clan, it's usually a tough call especially depending on the village. Though I usually don't go major clans as I've never done a Hyuuga, Uzumaki, Uchiha or Senju clan OC. I've ocs from Sarutobi (Favorite clan) Akimichi (Serious fun there imo) and a descendent (indirect) of the third kazekage. But that's been it so far for me, though clans like inuzuka, Nara, Aburame and Kamizuru (Bee clan case spelling is wrong or name incorrect) would be fun too. As I'd imagine others would be too like the major ones.

But yeah, I'm too set on certain details when searching though I really shouldn't as a lot of epic FC's exist out there.

That's awesome though! Going in less specific would be great and time saving. Perfectionist saving too. Cool that you've got a friend to find some FC's for you too.
The only major clan I've really done was Senju, I don't believe I've ever touched a Hyuuga or an Uchiha and if I ever played an Uzumaki it was on the down low–in other words, I see where you're getting at. In any case, when making a Naruto OC in particular, I'll figure out their personality, then background... After that would be their abilities. That's usually when clan stuff comes in, too.

That may be true, but it's also good in some ways! It can be really satisfying when you can make a character exactly how you imagined them to be, yeah? My friend and I both help each other out when it comes down to things like that. In fact, she's actually planning on joining this RP!

I can definitely relate to this sometimes. However, if I start with a "below-average" character, I'll find a way to show they have a lot of potential and will probably get stronger later on. I'll admit though, there are also times where I make glasscannon characters too. Very strong but sooo many weaknesses. I guess it just depends on the RP ^ ^

The only major clan I've really done was Senju, I don't believe I've ever touched a Hyuuga or an Uchiha and if I ever played an Uzumaki it was on the down low–in other words, I see where you're getting at. In any case, when making a Naruto OC in particular, I'll figure out their personality, then background... After that would be their abilities. That's usually when clan stuff comes in, too.

That may be true, but it's also good in some ways! It can be really satisfying when you can make a character exactly how you imagined them to be, yeah? My friend and I both help each other out when it comes down to things like that. In fact, she's actually planning on joining this RP!

I can definitely relate to this sometimes. However, if I start with a "below-average" character, I'll find a way to show they have a lot of potential and will probably get stronger later on. I'll admit though, there are also times where I make glasscannon characters too. Very strong but sooo many weaknesses. I guess it just depends on the RP ^ ^
Oh? Cool! A Senju could be fun too. I'm not against major clans I just have limited to few ideas for them, plus and besides the popularity of those clans, i also try not to appear or be OP, and Sharingan while cool can easily become OP and as the series progresses becomes pretty much broken imo. Haha. Also my hate for Sasuke and dislike of him since the start spoiled my opinion of them, though I've always like Shisui quite a bit and was curious of other lesser known uchiha. Also after some YouTube vids by Saiyan I've begun liking Fugaku more (Epic looking MS too and awesome moniker) anyways, between uchiha popularity, Rps who outlaw them and OP potential I haven't yet tried one OC though I'd like too.

Uzumaki, I just never have any ideas for except maybe a fuinjutsu/summoning type. But idk. Just can't seem to come up with much there.

Hyuuga, I love the clan and feel bad for them now after how little they got in comparison to the Rinnegan and sharingan Users and other doujutsu. But also can never come up with OC idea for them either. Also I've never really done a doujutsu user so that contributes too.

Senju & others similar reasons. So I often choose clans less chosen by what I've seen or a original OC. I know I'm rambling haha.....

Hmm.. cool, I'm kinda similar though personality is usually last and minor or other details come to mind first. Just pends on the Rp and what's available to choose from and room to get creative and feels. But I see your point, it's good indeed! Just haha stressful in a non serious way too. But it does feel great indeed!

Also awesome on both counts, friend assists and also joining the Rp!

Foxagon Foxagon
That is a great way too!

Edit: In a non important but related note, my favorite OC of all time and build I loved most was my Puppetmaster OC from my early years of Rp. I absolutely love the puppetry techniques / fighting style

Oh? Cool! A Senju could be fun too. I'm not against major clans I just have limited to few ideas for them, plus and besides the popularity of those clans, i also try not to appear or be OP, and Sharingan while cool can easily become OP and as the series progresses becomes pretty much broken imo. Haha. Also my hate for Sasuke and dislike of him since the start spoiled my opinion of them, though I've always like Shisui quite a bit and was curious of other lesser known uchiha. Also after some YouTube vids by Saiyan I've begun liking Fugaku more (Epic looking MS too and awesome moniker) anyways, between uchiha popularity, Rps who outlaw them and OP potential I haven't yet tried one OC though I'd like too.

Uzumaki, I just never have any ideas for except maybe a fuinjutsu/summoning type. But idk. Just can't seem to come up with much there.

Hyuuga, I love the clan and feel bad for them now after how little they got in comparison to the Rinnegan and sharingan Users and other doujutsu. But also can never come up with OC idea for them either. Also I've never really done a doujutsu user so that contributes too.

Senju & others similar reasons. So I often choose clans less chosen by what I've seen or a original OC. I know I'm rambling haha.....

Hmm.. cool, I'm kinda similar though personality is usually last and minor or other details come to mind first. Just pends on the Rp and what's available to choose from and room to get creative and feels. But I see your point, it's good indeed! Just haha stressful in a non serious way too. But it does feel great indeed!

Also awesome on both counts, friend assists and also joining the Rp!

Foxagon Foxagon
That is a great way too!

Edit: In a non important but related note, my favorite OC of all time and build I loved most was my Puppetmaster OC from my early years of Rp. I absolutely love the puppetry techniques / fighting style
You're so right about the byakugan not getting enough in comparison to other dōjutsu... I mean yeah, there's like a slight chance of someone being able to make it into a Tenseigan, but even when that happens it just turns into a completely different ability. Speaking of that, I'm not sure how far people with Sharingan will be able to go in this RP, since EM is pretty broken? Unless a lot of people get to that point and are able to counter it with their own abilities... I dunno, man. We'll see how things go.

Anyways, I can see why one would focus on personality last. I just make it one of the first things I decide since I feel like a lot of things rely on it, like fighting style, etc... I'm also a huge sucker for character development and usually I try to think of ways my character will change over the RP's course (especially if I'm GMing it, seeing as I know the direction I want to take it). speaking of character development i try to think of how my characters would think of others... which applies more to this RP, with them all graduating from the same class?

personality and biography are the most important to me as without proper character development naruto just isnt naruto to me, and the other rps i've been in of this type just don't focus enough on characters
its all about "oh my sharigan just one hit killed your character" or "btw can i have the rasengan"

personality and biography are the most important to me as without proper character development naruto just isnt naruto to me, and the other rps i've been in of this type just don't focus enough on characters
its all about "oh my sharigan just one hit killed your character" or "btw can i have the rasengan"
That too. The way I intend for this RP to go is the storyline changing the characters' views and personalities over time due to the things that happen and the experience they get. I find that those are my favorite kinds of RPs to take part in as well, since you can look back and see how someone was at the beginning in comparison to the end!

I see where ya coming from. I'm kinda intentionally making my two characters based on failing on the two most popular aspects of Naruto's abilities. My first OC can't do a rasengan. While my other can't create clones. So they both get their techniques from failed attempts at both and make use of those.

You're so right about the byakugan not getting enough in comparison to other dōjutsu... I mean yeah, there's like a slight chance of someone being able to make it into a Tenseigan, but even when that happens it just turns into a completely different ability. Speaking of that, I'm not sure how far people with Sharingan will be able to go in this RP, since EM is pretty broken? Unless a lot of people get to that point and are able to counter it with their own abilities... I dunno, man. We'll see how things go.

Anyways, I can see why one would focus on personality last. I just make it one of the first things I decide since I feel like a lot of things rely on it, like fighting style, etc... I'm also a huge sucker for character development and usually I try to think of ways my character will change over the RP's course (especially if I'm GMing it, seeing as I know the direction I want to take it). speaking of character development i try to think of how my characters would think of others... which applies more to this RP, with them all graduating from the same class?
I know right? Byakugan was incredibly unique and giving it tenseigan evolution just takes away from it. Original was the best imo of naruto. Rank, kages, individuality and clans got more respect and value back then even though we were dying to know more about other characters and groups, etc. Hyuuga I recall were considered on the same level as the Uchiha (which was partly why I so badly wanted a Chunin exams battle between Sasuke & Neji instead of what we got) but Shipuuden and forward killed all that imo. Single characters solo'd entire villages and Kages with ease. Alliances too during the broken war arc (I gave up on the series shortly after the Kage summit arc. ) but yeah, they were so awesome and unique but fell severely behind all other doujutsus. I think Hiruzen got messed with too compared to Madara, Hashi (who's DNA and uniqueness got spammed like sharingan imo) and other characters. But I digress....

I agree with you though! Character development is way important and I look forward to seeing it play out. I just struggle with backgrounds unless I'm really inspired and feeling the OC like no other before it. Xd. Otherwise I'm better at ic reveals then background writing in CS. Imo anyway. But they are important indeed. While I agree with you on Sharingan too. Idk where you'd want to limit things, but I trust it won't be Kamui/izanagi combo level or worse like with Madara's level of power and ems. I mean there are some cool traits and unique abilities with the Sharingan outside of the OP stuff that seems broken level. But it's a difficult kg too just cause of the slippery slope it can turn into even you try to avoid it.

Same here. I'm curious how it all will go. I've only skimmed a few ocs while focusing on my CS and the CS info sheet. Yet still a lot of interesting stuff to see with development and reveals. But agreed.

True. Before RPN I started off on a largely naruto based forum, where power scales and victories, one shots were more important to people over characters and development. So I understand what you mean, the history and personality indeed are important.

Are teams decided like the anime ahaha
“Sasuke got the highest score, and you Naruto got the lowest..”

Really should be based on our roleplay time. So that no one is holding up anyone else. We should all post our roleplay availability.
Well as long as super speed doesn't happen. I'm currently capable of keeping up with a OC. Other Rps I'm in kinda vary on speed, but usually stay between slow and average pace so based on that and my Rl schedule... I'll be able to keep active so long as super speed doesn't hit.

Same here, I can't be on 24/7 because school and other shit but there are somedays I'm too lazy to go out and would rather write

Users who are viewing this thread

Back