Naruto Rebirth: Kakureyami (Complete)

The Field of the End

Hanbungetsu

Han couldn’t believe it. Right in front of her Chiaki was stabbed by the dark haired reanimate called Sasuke. The seven swordsmen froze, watching in slow motion as blade as it was pulled from the pink haired boy’s body. She couldn’t hear the voice of her comrades as they called to her. She couldn’t feel Yasashii shake her, telling her to pull herself together. The only thing she heard was the thrumming of her shattered heart. The only thing she felt was rage. And the only thing she saw through her blurred vision was the target in front of her. Letting out a beastial cry, Han charged forth not caring whether Sasuke was friend or foe.

The battle between Sasuke and Naruto was interrupted as a large water dragon barreled between them, forcing both re-animated vessels to separate. Leaping from the dragon, Han bore Samehada down at Sasuke intending to tear him to shreds.

Chiaki + Orochimaru + Son Goku + Isobu

Meanwhile…

“Rise and shine, Chiaki.”
The voice was smooth like a snake and deceptively gentle. “Time to get up.”

Slowly, Chiaki blinked awake, coming face to face with a surprising and somewhat disturbing visage. Orochimaru’s pale face wasn’t something many liked to see upon opening their eyes. Sitting up far too quickly for his newly revived body to adjust to the sudden motion, Chiaki’s hand immediately went to his temple. A white full moon symbol was visible on the back of his hand and Chiaki glanced at briefly before returning his gaze to the Sanin.

“Orochimaru,” Chiaki spoke plainly, if not a bit confusedly. “Why…are you here?”

“Is that anyway to greet someone who came all the way here to save you from death?” Orochimaru’s words were chiding, but his tone amused.

Save?

The hand at Chiaki’s temple fluttered to his abdomen where Sasuke’s sword had pierced him. The wound was gone. Healed so perfectly that Chiaki wondered if it had been there in the first place. “I’m alive…,”

Had it all been a dream? Meeting Harogomo, the Sage of Six Path? Speaking with the tailed beasts? Being the reincarnation of his son?

No, it was all real. Startled by the sudden voice, Chiaki glanced around. We’re inside of you, Chiaki. Also, do not call us tailed beasts. I detest that term. We are Son Goku and Isobu.

We?

G-g-good to meet you, Reincarnate of Asura.

It was surreal. Chiaki had friends, acquaintances, he knew to be jinjuriki. But he never thought he would be one himself. He remembered how difficult it had been for Shirokko to be the host for Shukaku—and she only had one. He had two. Son Goku and Isobu. Reminded of Ryuu, Chiaki’s attention flickered to the corpse next to him. The dark-haired man lay still, his face serene despite its pallor. It would be his duty to inform Kiyomi about Ryuu’s death. That was the least he could do. Chiaki reached out and closed the lids of his former friend’s corpse.

“Are you done?” Orochimaru asked boredly.

Chiaki ignored the Sanin, instead allowing a moment of silence for his departed friend. Only afterwards did he look up at Orochimaru. “Did you save me in order to take me back to Hebi?”

Laughter escaped the Sanin’s throat, dark and raspy. “Kukukukukukuku. Why would I do that? I already offered you power. You declined it. Do you think so highly of yourself that I would want you back after you refused me?”

“...Then why are you here?”

Orochimaru’s serpent-like eyes gleamed. “An experiment of course! You, my dear Chiaki, are the test subject. The reincarnation of Asura! Founder of the Senju and Uzumaki clans, one of the progenitors of the ninja way! Here for one final battle against Kakureyami to keep Ninshu and chakra from being lost to the world! What a show it will be! I had my suspicions about you, boy, but it wasn’t confirmed until you opened your eyes.” A forked tongue glided across the lanky Sanin’s thin lips as studied Chiaki like an interesting specimen. “Wonderful! Just as I expected. The nature energy flowing through your veins is powerful indeed. How do you feel?”

“Different...” Chiaki didn’t know how else to describe it. He felt invigorated like never before. The chakra running through his system was different than anything he’d ever used…yet he understood it instinctively. The feeling wasn’t anything he could explain with words. Gracefully getting to his feet, Chiaki stared at his hands, clenching and unclenching them. Then an aura of sea green and red burst forth, wrapping Chiaki in a chakra cloak of dual colors which seemed to simultaneously mesh and clash violently. Four black balls appeared behind him.

“Impressive. You’ll certainly prove a match for Jinan. However long you last that is.”

“What do you mean?”

Orochimaru’s smile was malicious. In a single smooth, movement the taller man leaned forward so that his breath was ghosting over Chiaki’s ear. The pink haired youth resisted the urge to shudder. How Haruka could find such a man to be charming was beyond his scope of understanding. Chiaki stiffened slightly, but otherwise didn’t react to the words that followed. Chiaki watched serenely as Orochimaru straightened himself.

Is what he said true?

Yes… we can feel it.

I-I-I’m sorry.

Chiaki nodded. Don’t apologize, Isobu. It isn’t your fault. The responsibility lies with me.

“You’re taking this rather calmly,”
Orochimaru observed. Chiaki thought he detected a bit of disappointment in the Sanin’s tone. “But then you’ve always been like that, even when cutting up a corpse. Thoughtful. Meticulous. Ryuu didn’t know a thing, compliantly doing as told. His only goal was to save you. And because of that, he played right into my hands. A truly poor soul.”

“Please don’t say that about my friend,” Chiaki said firmly. Despite his intentions, the red and sea green chakra responded to his emotions and crackled dangerously around him. “Ryuu succeeded in saving me. He gave me the opportunity to do what I need to. ”

“Kukukukuku. Whatever you say. I wish you the best of luck Chiaki.”

The pink haired boy narrowed his eyes. “What are you planning Orochimaru? Why would you do this?”

“It’s nothing personal,” Orochimaru replied airily. “I simply wanted see what the results would be. A world without ninjas, without chakra, would be a dull one…or so I thought. But Kabuto does have a point. A normal one could be interesting as well. It’s not like the outcome would affect me too greatly.”

“But the only reason you’re still alive is because of chakra,” Chiaki stated. “Jinan won’t rest until the ninjas are all eliminated. That includes anyone who uses ninshu in any form.”

“Kukukukukuku. Are you worried about me?”

Not about about Orochimaru, but about Haruka who loved Orochimaru. Chiaki was more worried about what would happen to her and how she would feel. It was only for her sake that he hadn’t killed Orochimaru on the spot for what the man had done. The pink haired ninja remained silent.

Orochimaru’s smile was enigmatic. “I’ll find a way to live. One way or another. I always do.”

That said, the Sanin’s body broke apart into tiny snakes that slithered away. Chiaki watched the Orochimaru leave for a few moments before returning his attention to the Field of End. The battle was over for the most part. Yet there were still fighters. Chiaki’s eyes were drawn to the mist wherer he could see clearly that an enraged Han was engaged in a sword fight with Sasuke Uchiha. Without hesitation, Chiaki dashed forward in a swirl of sea green and red, moving at speeds far beyond what he thought he was capable of.

Yasashii + Hanbungetsu + Chiaki + Ant + Chesire + Son Goku + Isobu

Yasashii swore as the bolt of lightning she’d sent from the sky towards Sasuke slammed into an aura of violet, which erupted from his body, took on a humanoid shape, and caused the crackling energy to bounce harmlessly off. Susanoo. She’d seen it before when facing Shinji Uchiha.

“We’ll need a strategy to take down that juts—no Han! Don’t!”

“Die!” Not heeding her friend, Han burst forth and crashed Samehada fearlessly into Sasuke’s susanoo. The lengendary swords managed to eat part way through the armor, before large, skeletal hands wrapped around Han. Lifting the swordswoman in the air, the purple hand slowly began to squeeze. Han gritted her teeth, enduring for a second or two before her body transformed into water and poured safely from Susanoo’s grip. Reforming her body into its usual state, Han glared hatefully at her opponent. “I’ll make you pay for killing him!”

Markings appeared on Han’s face as she activated Clam Sage Mode and once again charged. At the same time, a ball of black flew past Han and slammed into Sasuke’s Susanoo, tearing through it like butter and crashing to the reanimate, turning it to dust. Han’s eyes widened as she suddenly found herself embraced by a person wrapped in a cloak of green and red chakra.

“C-Chiaki?”

Han felt her feet collapse beneath her and, if not for the person supporting her, she surely would have fallen.

“Yes, it’s me.” Chiaki pulled back to study the tears she’d been struggling to hold back, fall from Han’s eyes. Han who he’d never seen cry, not since she’d confessed to him. Once again, he’d caused those tears. Chiaki had no idea what Han saw in him. “Sorry for worrying you. I’m fine.”

“B-But How? What happened to you?”

Chiaki opened his mouth, but no words came out. How does one explain that they met the creator of ninjutsu in their mind, found out that they are the reincarnation of a dead ninja, and awakened some hidden power that they still don’t completely understand?

Exactly like that.

Chiaki frowned, about to chide Son Goku, when he was suddenly lifted into air and embraced from behind, the perpetrator swaying him happily as she spun.

“Thank God you’re alive!” Yasashii cheered. “Hanbugetsu was going berserk! If I’m the one that has to strategize, we can look forward to the end of the world.”

“Hahahaha. That’s certainly true. So this is the wielder of Nuibari.”

“Not bad, for a squirt.”

Chiaki smiled, watching as Ant and Cheshire neared. As soon as he was released, his eyes flickered over the Field of the End. Shinobu, who he hadn’t seen in a while, was still squaring off against Hinata. Given his new abilities, he was able to see the 7-tailed beast within her. When did that happen?

Chomei. Son Goku corrected. His name is Chomei.

Ah, I apologize.

Apology accepted, Friend of Ryuu.

Naruto and Gonta were standing back, seeming to enjoy the show. Well, Gonta at least. Naruto didn't look very happy. Chiaki narrowed his eyes. The pink haired sage hated no one. Not even Orochimaru. That was how he’d always been. However, for the first time in his life, Chiaki decided that there was someone he truly started to detest. The black ball that destroyed Sasuke reappeared beside Chiaki and formed into a black shamisen, a second one forming into a plectrum. Six path chakra laced through his fingers into the black plectrum as he played.

shamisen.png

“Six Path Shamisen Art: Revitalizing Rhapsody.”

The song played throughout the Field of End and all of the ninja allies would feel their chakra restored to full capacity, all wounds and fatigue from battle healed. Chiaki took a deep breath. It was strange how different he felt. Stronger, strained…but he was also imbued with a sense of clarity. Perhaps it was because he’d been so close to death that everything seemed so clear. Because he was still at death’s door that he knew which path he should take.

You’re really getting the hang of this.

Thank you. I appreciate your help with regards to my new powers. Both you and Isobu.

Y-you’re welcome.

We’re only helping you because Hagoromo asked us too. And Ryuu regarded you highly, so you aren’t as bad as the other humans.

Chiaki’s eyes twinkled. He was beginning to get a feel of each of their personalities. Isobu was a little timid, but kind. Son Goku was prideful and protective. He really did enjoy their company. It was unfortunate that they would eventually have to part ways. Once again, it was his weakness that would cause others to suffer. But Chiaki didn’t regret it. Being weak. Needing help. It was in those moments of weakness that he met people who were willing to share his burdens.

Chiaki started another song following his first. This time the jutsu would be directed at his enemies. The melody that played across the Field of the End was a haunting one. “Six Path Shamisen Art: Black Serpent Sernade.”

A black serpent made of six path senjutsu would form dormant in the minds of Gonta, Naruto, Hinata, and Frank unbeknownst to them. It would do nothing. For now. Chiaki couldn’t stay for long. His time was limited and he had a promise to keep.

After finish his solo, Chiaki gave a short bow and turned to Han. Ever since he’d met her in Kumo Camp, she’d been someone important to him. All of his friends were important to him. To be honest, he hadn’t really been able to differentiate the fine line between platonic love and romantic love. It wasn’t until Kirigakure that had started to feel something more. She was the first person from Kumo Camp he’d encountered after returning from Otogakure. She’d accepted him…even though he came back changed.

Then when she confessed to him, it was as if a bulb had been switched on. Chiaki began watching her. Noticing her. The small things she did when he was around. The darkness in her. And the light. He still didn’t understand her completely. Her thoughts, her actions, her recklessness…they were different from him. But none of that mattered. If she would accept him, then he could accept everything about her. He wanted to make her happy.

“Han, let’s do our best to survive. When this is over, if I come back, I’ll make sure you never have to cry again.” Chiaki promised. “So please…don’t die.” He placed a soft peck on Han’s lips. Chiaki then turned to the rest of Kirigakure’s soldiers, to Yasashii, Ant, Cheshire, Akane, and even the Dru clones, giving them a nod of farewell before his feet lifted from the ground. Hazel eyes landed briefly on Gonta, narrowing in dislike, before the newly awakened sage blitz through the air towards Konoha.

Are you certain you want to leave them behind? They are facing Naruto…

Yes. Naruto may be a legend, but without you or your other chakra companions supporting him, Naruto is alone. On the other hand, the ninja allies have each other. I’m certain they’ll be able to do something even without my assistance. Ninjas are stronger and more resilient than you give them credit for.

Hmph. I’ll agree with the resilient part.

Chiaki smiled.

Deceased:

Sasuke Uchiha

@Veirrianna Valentine

@Lucem Tenebris

Last edited by a moderator:
Field of the End

Machi Uchiha

"Kiyomi. I had to take you away from there."

The scowl set deep into her face, fell soft while addressing her tender, younger sister. Brushing a bang aside on Kiyomi's head, Machi stared long at her, utterly unable to move. The woman wanted to savor this moment: looking into her sibling's waiting face, for she knew this moment would not last long. Somewhere here in the Field of the End, Ryuu was...dead.

The Uchiha thought she would be ecstatic, jumping for joy over the prospect of having her sister all to herself, but the air was on a...somber level.

"K.."

Shutting her mouth, it pained the elder to think of how her sis would react when she broke her the news. Despite her best whining, Kiyomi still stayed Ryuu. It didn't take a chakra scientist to figure out he held a special place in her heart. Special enough to allow her to deny the requests of her own sister.

"Jee...why do you look at me like that Kiyomi? Eheh...I-I have to use the little girl's room. You stay here and don't move anywhere okay?"

Quickly dashing off behind into the woods, Machi just couldn't bear the sight of her sibling's innocent stare. Those expectant pupils, curious, fragile, open; ready to hang onto her every word.

"Guh."

Clutching her chest, Machi's hand rested to a nearby tree as her body refused to calm itself hyperventilating.

"Kiyomi!"

A breath.

"I can't!"

It was only the sound of a twig breaking in half that pulled her from the fit, but still standing shaky with a black kunai out and drawn.

"Who-Who's there!??"

Marching from out the shade of a towered tree was the culprit, and laying her eyes on them, Machi almost screamed.

You And I

Re-Incarnated Itachi Uchiha

"Y-Y-Y-Y-You're Itachi. Itachi Ichiha!"

Him nodding, Machi nearly yelled, "B-B-But HOW!?"

"I am sorry. There's no time to explain. Right now, I need your help."

Those Sharingan Eyes

Re-Incarnated Madara Uchiha

A wide grin spread across his face. What a simpleton! What a dunce! That fool of a summoner! He honestly thought he could control Madara? The greatest Uchiha?!

"HAHA!"

Clapping a hand to his mouth, Madara stood at the border of the Field of the End, thoroughly enjoying the show. The re-incarnate of Ashura was there, but left after killing a revived Sasuke.

"Heh."

And that Naruto was still under the idiot summoner's control. No sign of any tailed beasts formed and the sage saw this was going to be a piece of cake.

Flip.

Flip.

Flip.

"Release."

With no giant bang or elaborate fanfare, Madara's link to Gonta's jutsu ended in a silent fight. Still salty over being killed by Kaguya after getting tricked into helping her revive, Madara was yet...somehow content. He still relished his enormous power and the opportunity to use it to subjugate the wills of others, but felt almost no desire to trap the world again under the influence of the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Hashirama had won. He wanted to know how the world of his friend from days past was turning out.

"Hm?"

Tilting his head to a man walking towards him, Madara was tickled to see who approached was another Uchiha...though one he did not recognize.

"Yo. You a re-incarnation too..? Ha! This summoner has balls yeah? However, sad for him, I've already gone and broken control."

And the newcomer summoned Susano'o.

"Wow..what's this..apparently you have too. Well that's dandy. What do you plan on doing with that thing?"

"Killing you."

Silence.

"HAHAHA! What? Kill? You sure? I don't know if you understand the aspects of this jutsu, but re-incarnated means we can't die. You do know that don't you?"

"I am well aware Madara, but that still won't stop me from taking you out of this war."

"Hm...so you know who I am, eh? Strange. You must be a runt grown up from that new era. Ha! Okay then, Uchiha! How about we have a little battle? Me, the greatest ninja who ever lived, versus you, the nobody who no doubt had a quiet death?"

"...."

"Yahaha! Come -"

"Amenouzume."

????

It was completely dark!

"Sword of Totsuka."

Sword of what!?

The shadowy world cleared to reveal the field with sun shining down, and a long sword of ethereal wisps stuck straight through the grandstanding Uchiha's stomach.

"The Sword...of Totsuka," Madara said slow, without a smile. "So. It seems you are no...ordinary Uchiha. Tell me," he questioned, looking up from his abdomen. "Where did you find it?"

But came no answer.

"Heh. A cheeky one ain't you? Answer me this then. That darkness. Before you hit me with the sword, the world went black. What was it? What was that?"

When Itachi pointed to his left, digit tagging the brush, a tall woman exited, eyes blaring red with the crossing black marks of the much sought after Mangekyo Sharingan.

"I see. Woman. Tell me. What was the name of that skill you used?"

"Amenouzume. It shrouds all those caught within it, in absolute darkness."

"Hmfph...regarding our history...that sounds oddly fitting."

Raising a hand as his body was pulled, sealed into the lips of Itachi's Susanoo's sword, Madara came to mutter, "You Uchiha...not bad."

The legendary shinobi disappeared and Itachi dispelled his Susano'o with its work finally done.

"I must thank you, aiding me with him. Here, there are still two more undead ninja present, but they do not pose as much a threat as this one did. The remaining shinobi should now be somewhat safe."

Turning in the direction of Hinata and Naruto, the man gave his final words to her while lengthening his stride.

"Your life is your own. You're free to do with it what you wish. Though, just remember having a people and a village to call home is not something so bad."

With a monstrous leap, the re-incarnate left, leaving the girl with the Sharingan eyes to ponder what he could have possibly meant.

A place to call home?

@clarinetti

@Drumonkey

@BlacklegSanji

@Kiyoko Tomoe

@Arkytior

@QuirkyAngel

Kirigakure Soldiers:

30/195

Deceased:

Madara Uchiha

Itachi Uchiha

It's simple. While fighting Gonta, Hinata, and Naruto, you may use the undead Itachi as you wish. Any questions, ask in the OOC.

Sharr'kun

... People willing to help? Who needed help? I could do everything on my own. And wait, what kind of power was I even given?! Old man, hold on! What power did you give me!? At least give me some kind of tutorial! I'm just a poor wandering gourmet who didn't listen to any of his history classes! How do I use the power!??!? Wait! Waaaaiiitt! WAAAAAAIIIIII–

Anpan woke up on the dusty plains. He shook his fist at the sky, cursing the old grandpa under his breath. Wow, he was overpowered now! Really, it was such a shame that he didn't know what this Sage power entailed. Maybe it was the power of talking too much in an annoyingly archaic way. Or maybe the power to put people to sleep just by talking. That could probably win him the war, no problem.

He glanced around, finding himself completely alone. Figures that Roku and Nana would abandon him for dead. That's what people did with dead people. Though, they could have been considerate enough to cremate him or give him a nice burial under the dirt. He didn't expect much from them anyways, seeing how they were literal strangers who had only been acquainted for less than a day. It didn't bother him at all. Really, he was used to this sort of pain. Anpan could say that he was even expecting this to happen.

And oh GOD, his clothes! His hair! His everywhere! FILTHY! DISGUSTING! SLIME EVERYWHERE!! A shudder born from pure revulsion shot through him, and Anpan quickly threw his clothes off. How did this happen?! Why did this happen?! Did Nana and Roku really have the impropriety to cover his poor corpse in slime??? What weirdos; he was glad they left!!! Anpan unrolled two of his scrolls, patting himself on the back for buying waterproof scrolls. His wardrobe scroll and his camping scroll.

What? The world needed saving? His appearance needed saving more! What kind of hero would he be if he was covered in slime and blood when he swooped him! Besides, heroes were always late! Anpan could spare several minutes. Now, what kind of perfume should he wear...? Spider lilies? Vanilla? Hydrangea smelled like a good idea. Freshened up, Anpan spun around. Wow. He was amazing, in looks, personality, and scent. Almost perfect.

One Shunshin later, Anpan stared at the swirly portal. After entering it, there would be no going back. Actually, he could probably just enter the portal, then run off with his tail between his legs.

Mm. The idea... it was tempting. So very much so.

Anpan stepped into the swirly portal, blinking as the scenery changed around him. A barren, dusty field to.... a slightly less barren field.

The Field of the End

"Yahello, Konoha! Anpan Uzumaki is here," Anpan loudly called out to nobody in particular upon exiting the portal.

For a war zone, it was surprisingly peaceful. Didn't seem like he would be needed, honestly... Just where was he supposed to go saving the world? Anpan didn't know. Aaah, shit... was this the plight of a hero? Wandering around without a clue of what he's supposed to be doing? Alas! Such misfortune! He clenched his shaking fist, bemoaning his sad, sad fate. Truly, his life was one befitting of the genre known as tragedy!

Anpan opened his Mind's Eye, searching for the most putrid source he could find. Too many. Maybe he could just... walk around... and ask someone whose face needed to be smashed...

Hold on, what was that? That, he, that light... screw saving the world.

The wind rushed around him as Anpan tore apart the ground with his feet, shoving people out of his way wildly. Dust flew around him, the occasional flecks staining his newly changed clothes, but he wouldn't, couldn't care. He had been chasing–no, searching–for her for a long time now. For days, Akane had managed to elude him. Never in the range of his Mind's Eye. All Anpan could focus on was–

"AKANE!"

An orange blur raced like a bullet across the battlefield, uncaring of anything around him.

"AKAAAANEEEE!!!!"

He violently smashed into Akane from the side, wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug. The force from the impact sent them skidding across the floor, and Anpan allowed a bright and sunny smile–a direct contrast to what was happening around him–to bloom on his face, exposed for all the world to see now that he no longer protected his face in bandages.

"Akane~! It's me, did you miss me? Ahahaha!" His laughter echoed around the battlefield, peppered by the sound of whatever combat was currently happening. Anpan squeezed his arms tightly, hoping for a hug that would be reciprocated by the cold woman.

@clarinetti

@Whoever is at the battlefield because I have no idea, sorry

Kirigakure Soldiers:

30/195

Konohagakure

Despite the sense of anxiousness which hung over him, Torune remained silent as the blonde woman took him in, unflinching in his own observations of her. He hadn't known their previous Tsuchikage well, but the shinobi remember how well they'd fit the mold of previous leaders of their village: stubborn, pragmatic, a shrewd tactician who seldom displayed emotion. While he could sense cunning and wit in those pale blue eyes, this kunoichi emanated an openness which their former leader never revealed. It was not simply a matter of being more personable, but perhaps a matter of freedom and self-confidence in being herself, rather than be bogged down by the traditional behaviours of her predecessors. Frankly, he hadn't bothered keeping up with the goings-on of his former village in the years following the Kakureyami's invasion, but he'd heard rumours, how the current leader had raised Iwagakure from the ashes to become the most secure, if not strongest, of the free shinobi villages. With all that in mind, he could see why the village had selected her as Tsuchikage.

At the mention of his sister, the Iwa-man's eyes widened slightly as he attentively listened to the information Daradei gave him. His brow furrowed upon hearing of her struggles, her injuries and loneliness, biting his lip in frustration at the thought of her out in the battlefield while still recovering. What're you doing, Akane, going out to fight after being in the hospital? You're too smart to go being so reckless.... he mused, shaking his head as he did so. Most of the time, she was the one to insist on patience and reason rather than rushing into things, but when she was set on something, she could be just as stubborn as himself. If she had indeed come here, she must've had a good reason, but it pissed him off none the less. That Daradei was giving him the go-ahead to find her was of little consequence- he would've after her regardless now that he knew she was here. But he still appreciated that she wasn't going to prevent him from doing so. "Thank you, Daradei- I'll be ma-"

Before he could finish his sentence however, the Iwagakure army's approach into the village came to an abrupt halt, and before he could turn around to see what the fuss was about, the man felt an immensely powerful wind approaching. Instinctively the shinobi dropped to the ground, his body sinking into the earth below as the powerful Rasenshuriken ripped through the army. When Torune arose, he spotted dozens of ninja dead where they had stood but moments ago, their corpses shredded to pieces. What was more puzzling still was the chakra signature that was coming off this blonde stranger. It had been years since those 'training sessions' in the catacombs beneath the Kurokawa compound, and he was sorely out of practice, but even he could recognize that energy which seemed to pulse from him. A jinchuuriki...? No, it's all wrong- it's like a bunch of smaller signals bunched together, and something else entirely... he thought to himself in confusion. More bizarre still was how the stranger's arm rematerialized, seemingly forming itself from the dirt and ash in the air. He looked to Daradei for some explanation, but her attention was towards the man who had killed her troops. But she's not attacking him... so something must be up.

Torune got his answer soon enough though, his eyes widening in awe at the man's words. This guy... this guy was the Seventh Hokage?!?! He'd heard the stories growing up, heard how he'd helped to save the shinobi world time and time again... but to see him in the flesh... That explains all those weird chakra signatures jumbled together- guess even in death he kept a bit of the tailed-beasts power. But I thought they hid his body, in case anyone decided to resurrect him. So this Gonta guy... the man mused, his expression growing hard once more. He'd vaguely recalled the history lessons of his academy days, when they spoke of the Fourth Shinobi War and the hordes of undead who had been summoned to fight for the false Madara. Frankly, the overzealous kid thought that was the shit (Even though it had been subsequently drilled into his head that the kinjutsu was an abomination). But if the Kakureyami were raising the dead to fight their battles, especially those whose mission in life had been peace... that was a whole new level of fucked up, even for them.

And if they'd brought back the Uzumaki... that meant the Uchiha was hanging around somewhere as well most likely. "...Akane." Torune whispered, all colour drained from his face as he came to that dreadful realization. All thoughts of the alliance and the Tsuchikage were wiped from his mind, and his body immediately broke into a sprint, tearing through the streets as he did so. The Hokage mansion stood there still, taunting him, but the Iwa-man wouldn't spare it a glance- his gaze was only forwards, over the rooftops and walls of the village, past the small legion of alliance shinobi who were pushing at the village's other main entrance. The once dense woods had been completely destroyed, and soon he found himself in a sea of fresh corpses, both those of shinobi and Kakureyami. In the near distance he spotted a few dozen shinobi, racing towards one lone individual, each taken down swiftly and efficiently, not receiving a single blow. Pulling out a bottle of oil from his pouch, the man scanned the battlefield, searching the area for one familiar face above all...

The Field of the End

He only noticed her as she slowly rose from the nearby pile of corpses, leaning over and clutching at her stomach as she did so. Her face was hidden behind a messy curtain of shoulder-length hair, the body a motley of purple and green bruises, and the torn segment of her sleeve revealed the knotted, scarred flesh of an arm. The chakra was different as well, melded with that of a tailed-beast... and yet there was something painfully familiar in the woman's stance, her movements. A sharp pang ran through his chest as he stood there, watching the woman as she bent over retching violently, spitting out bile and blood before eventually pulling herself up. Even as frail as she seemed in that moment, there was strength in the way she held herself, in the way she forced herself to stand. That kind of stubborn determination... he knew only one other whose bull-headedness matched his own.

Torune wasn't sure how his feet knew to take him there, but within seconds he was beside her, oh so gently taking her injured arm and placing it on his shoulder so she could lean on him. The figure stiffened, instantly moving to grab a weapon, but he was ready for it, grabbing her hand before it could reach the pouch. And as quickly as the struggle came, it was gone, and as that free hand tightly clenched onto his own, the woman raised her head to look upon him. One iris was tinged a golden hue... but the other was a stormy grey identical to his own, the cold sharpness of them slowly fading into something slightly softer, though the change was discernible only to the most observant eyes. Time seemed to slow in that instant as they stood there silently, two complementary pieces which had been finally brought together again. Each had learned to live with that gaping hole, to fill in the emptiness which that been abruptly drilled into them, and yet the Iwa shinobi felt more whole now than he had in years. The scars which he had accumulated in that interim were present still, visibly or otherwise, but the perpetual ache had been dulled, and the man would've been content to stand beside her like this for hours.

It was she who finally spoke, her voice low and husky. "...Toru... you..." the woman began before lapsing into silence, as though hesitant in what to say. As tempted as he was, the shinobi bit his tongue, waiting for her to get her thoughts together and say what she needed to, no matter how angry or bitter it might be. But the scolding never came, nor did the disdainful reproach or cold hard glare he might've once expected. ".... This isn't an illusion... please tell me that much." Akane finally said quietly, voice trembling slightly as she did so, and though he was slightly befuddled by her words, he nodded his head in response before squeezing her gently in confirmation. "I... I thought y-you were... I..." Torune struggled to make the words come out, but they were jammed in his throat, and he felt his face growing hot. He'd planned it out god-damnit, figured out exactly what he was going to say if and when this day came, and yet now that had all but disappeared from his mind, and- fuck, was he crying?! As he wiped his blood-stained hands across his cheeks, the found them wet with salty tears. "A... Aka..." he stuttered, and at that moment something snapped in the man, and suddenly he was embracing her, body shaking as he sobbed into her shoulder. In the back of his mind he knew it was the wrong time, wrong place, wrong everything, but he'd never been good with this emotional stuff, couldn't control himself as his grief and shame unburied itself before her. "I'm so sorry, that I left you there. They, they told me you were dead, and I believed them, fucking idiot that I am. If I'd had the slightest idea that you were alive, I would have dug through the whole desert, I swear I would have. But they told me, and I just got so angry, and, and..." Torune's voice broke. "-and I failed you, like I failed sensei and Ikuto, abandoned you of all people, I-"

"Stop." he heard her murmur softly, and upon looking down and rubbing his eyes found her staring at him, eyes red and watery, though no tears dripped down her face. "You need not ever apologize to me, brother... you had every reason to think I was dead, just as I had of you. We did what was needed to survive- nothing more. That doesn't matter now though, because, well... we are here." Akane intoned, cracked lips parting to offer a smile. Seeing that again, he couldn't help but reply with his own beaming grin before leaning over to bawl a bit more, his chest aching heavily even as that burden was lifted off him. Later, there'd be time to talk, to fill her in on their time apart, of the darker things he had done in that period. But now he wanted nothing more than to remain here, to listen to her steady, ragged breath and her firm embrace. Despite all the odds, they, the remnants of a family long dead and gone, had found each other. He would do anything and everything to see that they were never again torn apart.

The Field of the End

Hearing the Kakureyami super-soldier's laughter made the Iwa-woman furrow her brow, but the words he spoke superseded her frustration, and her eyes flickered about for the remaining reincarnates which the man had summoned. As the stone appeared where Gonta Snow had once stood, she flicked her hand towards him, sending a flurry of threads towards him, but before they reached their target, another man appeared before her in the blink of an eye. Upon catching sight of those crimson pupils and the individual who they belonged to, every muscle in Akane's body contracted, and all the air had been forced from her lungs, even before the blow was delivered. She was only half-conscious of her body flying through the air before landing on the ground a short distance away, the layer of bodies cushioning her fall. Laying there, the kunoichi felt paralyzed as her chest tightened up, gasping desperately for breath. Rationally she knew what was happening, knew that she couldn't afford to lie there as panic took a hold of her, but seeing those eyes again was enough to override that logical corner of her mind, drawing her mind back to the memory of that wretched genjutsu which plagued her still.

How could she be expected to face that, to fight off one of the strongest shinobi this world had known?! She had confidence in her abilities, but she wasn't foolish enough to think herself strong enough to take on one of that calibre. Her fighting them would most likely be pointless, just another casualty amongst the thousands who had been killed in this war. And yet... the brunette thought to herself wearily as she rolled onto her stomach and shakily got onto her hands and knees, still struggling to breathe all the while. As easy as it would be to just lie there until she passed on, she didn't have it in her to go through with it. There were people relying on her, those who needed her at this time. Those she had come to cherish more than anything, and she wanted them to live to see that better future come to fruition, one that wouldn't be so stained by blood and violence. Was peace something which could truly be maintained? Hardly- the day that came would be the day the shinobi way became purposeless... But for them, and for the generations which would follow them, she could fight for it, as fruitless as it may be. A sharp ache filled her right side as the woman slowly stood up, and as she arose a wave of vertigo overcame her, sending her to her knees retching. The bile burned at her throat, and she was confident that a rib had been broken by that kick she'd been dealt, but she dragged herself up, spitting the bitter acid out of her mouth. The pain... it helped, reminded her that she was still alive, that her heart was beating and blood was flowing through her. So long as there was that, there was a chance that she could be of some use here, could change the outcome for the better.

Suddenly, before she could look up and assess the situation, she sensed someone rapidly approaching her. Her hand instinctively slipped into her pouch to reach for a weapon, but something made her pause, and before she could blink the stranger was beside her, one hand gripped firmly on her wrist while the other moved her other arm onto his shoulder. She flinched at the contact, ready to elbow his back and send the figure to the ground... and then she stopped, catching sight of the individual's face. Grimy, hard-jawline, furrowed brow, pursed lips... and those eyes. A dark silvery grey so much like her own, and yet so very different. Her eyes her dead, perturbing, untrusting, yet these were filled with so much warmth as they brimmed with tears. It was next to impossible, the odds that he could still be alive, that he would be here of all places, that they would find one another. It couldn't be that... but in her gut she knew it somehow that her eyes weren't deceiving her.

Akane opened her mouth to speak, but stopped after muttering that name, mind reeling as another thought came to her. Madara had the Sharingan activated... this could all just be some vicious genjutsu all over again, she considered, her body shaking involuntarily as panic filled her chest like ice water. It felt different than Shinji's technique had, felt realer... but then again, this was from the one who sought to place the world under a genjutsu- it would be foolish of her to underestimate the reanimates prowess. After a moment, she spoke again, even quieter than before, trying to keep the fear from her voice. "...This isn't an illusion... please tell me that much." He did not speak in response, but nodded before offering her a light squeeze. The mannerisms, the chakra which came off him, it was both familiar and changed. As the man continued attempting to speak, she sensed the inner turmoil within him. It was so raw, so visceral that the emotions poured out of him... it had to be him. Torune.

"Stop." she said softly, and the man paused his stuttering, eyes locked onto hers. Words came from her mouth, though she was only partially aware of them as the Iwa-nin took in the man before her. He was not the same man she had known, she could see that now- he was scarred, both physically and mentally. But she could see him still, lurking behind those red-tinged eyes and gaunt face- her brother. Hesitantly, her lips quirked into the smallest of smiles... and a moment later his face burst into a radiant grin before leaning over to cry some more. She patted his back with her good arm, murmuring consoling words under her breath. "Shhh, shhh, Toru... it's ok, we're ok now.... we can't celebrate quite yet though, I'm afraid."

After a moment, she pulled back from her twin, though her arm was still propped on his shoulder. As happy as she was, she couldn't let either of them get caught up in sentimentality, not when Gonta and his reincarnates were active. Quickly explaining the situation, Torune nodded at her words, rubbing the tears from his face as his expression grew solemn. Scanning the battlefield, the woman's eyes widened slightly upon witnessing the scene between the three Uchiha, and the disappearance of Madara. It seems Sasuke has vanished as well- two down, I suppose. And you're still hanging around, Itachi... but for what reason? Are your motivations solely to aid the alliance, or is there something else keeping you here? she mused silently, shaking her head in frustration and fatigue. The kunoichi would have to keep an eye on him, but for now there was still the Uzumaki and Hyuuga to contend with. One hit- that was all they needed. She'd have to input a stronger dose of chakra into the seals, but if they could plant the seals onto them, then they had a chance, as meager as it was.

"There's nothing I can do to convince you to leave, is there?" she asked, though she was already aware of the answer before Toru chuckled in response. "Trying to get rid of me already? Hmph, you're breaking my heart over here." he said jokingly, but his eyes conveyed his true feelings. They both knew the odds of their survival were thoroughly stacked against them, and yet here they were. One could say it was almost poetic: after all, they had come into this world together- it was only fitting that they'd leave it together as well. "... Figures- too stubborn for y-"

"AKAAAANEEEE!!!!"

There was an orange blur, and then the brunette found herself stumbling back to the ground, landing with a thud on her back. She would have groaned in pain, had it not been for the intense vicegrip that had forced all air from her lungs, and the distinctive flowery perfume that wafted amidst the odor of death and decay. Looking down, she saw a familiar head of orange-red hair, and the person whom it belonged to, arms locked around her. "Akane~! It's me, did you miss me? Ahahaha!" the young man laughed cheerfully, and it was only when he tilted his head that she noticed the absence of bandages covering his face. The woman felt confusion as she noted the lavender pupil of the red-head's left eye, but seeing that beaming smile and the brightness in that sky-blue iris...

The woman's arms stretched out and around her friend and companion into a tight embrace. The tiniest corner of her mind knew this was hardly the time nor the place, but it was silenced by the wave of relief and undiluted joy which came over her. "... Anpan." Akane said quietly, voice thick with emotion before breaking. She was conscious of the hot tears dripping down her face, but she only held onto the boy tighter, her cheeks almost hurting from how much she found herself smiling. "I, I was so worried, I thought something had happened to you. But you're here, thank goodness you're ok... I missed you so much, Anpan- don't you go scaring me like that again, understand?" she continued before falling silent save for her crying, quietly enjoying the sensation of warmth which filled her being.

It was strange to her, that on the same day where so many had lost their lives in fighting a brutal war, when so much horror had taken place, she found herself grinning like a fool and sobbing tears of joy. Why fate chose to smile upon her now, she couldn't even begin to understand. For all she knew, it could all be some cruel trick, being reunited with the people who meant everything to her before having them snatched away once more. But it didn't matter- they were here, alive and well. She would see that they remain that way, no matter what.

While the Iwa-woman was on the ground embracing her long lost companion, Torune stood off to the side, eyes flicking between the battlefield and the heartfelt scene before him. When the ginger shinobi first barrelled into his sister, his anger had been sparked and the man ready to wretch the punk off her and crush his skull. But as he moved to take action he'd caught sight of his sister's expression, the bright grin and shining eyes as tears dripped down her grimy cheeks. The shinobi raised a questioning eyebrow, which was answered with a slight nod on her part, and he stepped back and allowed the pair to have their moment. Frankly, there was a small part of him that was envious, that his sister had such a close relationship with the kid, that she had perhaps outgrown him in their time apart. But he shook the thought away as quickly as it came, though it loomed in the back of his head.

"... Don't mean to be rude, but weren't you just saying that we'll save the celebrating for later?" he said wryly, though not unkindly. The pair of them looked at him, and while the woman's eyes remained bright, her smile faded slightly, the hardness returning to her features. Gently untangling herself from Anpan's hug, the Iwa-kunoichi pulled herself up, scanning the battlefield before turning back to her companions. "No, you're right- we may continue once this business is done and over with... Alright then: currently the only known reincarnates are the Uzumaki and Hyuuga. The summoner's chakra has been sealed temporarily, thus unable to call forth more of the undead. That's our window." she stated, pulling out a scroll from her pocket as she did so. From it came dozens of paper tags, the same kanji neatly inscribed on each one as she handed them to the pair. "Give these to the other shinobi on the battlefield. Seal them both if possible, but if that proves difficult, focus on keeping their attention away from Gonta." the brunette continued, though her twin's expression grew grave. "And what about you?" "The supersoldier- if we can force him to break the technique, that may be quicker than a drawn out battle." "You're fighting him alone?" "Hardly. Don't worry about me though- you two will have your hands busy enough as is. Just be careful, understand?" she replied, her expression sombre as she gazed at the two of them. Torune cracked a grin in response, waving his hand nonchalently as he did so. "Mmph, don't worry about it- not going to be taken down that easily. After all, l want to see the look on that pasty-ass bastard's face when we're through with him and his toys. We got this, yea?" he chuckled, turning to nod at the boy beside him. The woman seemed less sure, but offered a tentative smile, and after hesitating for a instant quickly ensnared both men in a hug. "Be safe." Akane mumbled before releasing the pair from the embrace, and with that sprinted after the multi-eyed man.

By the time she reached him, the woman was panting, grimacing from the ache in her chest with every breath. "Inform the alliance leaders of what has happened here, and that the summoner and his remaining reincarnates will be handled. Make sure they and the remaining forces are focused on Jinan and Wunan- the jinchuuriki or other forces are not to be deployed back to the field." Akane explained quickly to Dru before pointing to the remaining shinobi near the reincarnates. "They'll keep the Uzumaki and Hyuuga busy, but I'd rather end this without further risk of bloodshed. With those eyes, I suspect that you have some proficiency in genjutsu- ensnare the summoner and force him to release the reanimation technique- I'll back you up." she continued, a cloak of golden chakra surrounding her as she did.

Meanwhile, the grey-eyed shinobi made his way to the remaining ninja, blinking a few times as he recognized a few of the women- they had been in Kirigakure, hadn't they? "Hey, long time no see- don't think I caught your names before... but that doesn't really matter now, does it? Anyways, take these- we attach them to the zombies, and then they'll be sealed and out of our hair. And yea, I know, awkward having a stranger come up and randomly give you stuff, but just trust me on this, ok?" the man said as he held out the tags in one hand, his other hand already moving through the signs for his first strike.

Kirigakure Soldiers:

30/195

@White Masquerade

@Strawberry Preserves

@Drumonkey

@QuirkyAngel

@BlacklegSanji

@Kiyoko Tomoe

Konohagakure

The trip to Konohagakure had been a relatively quick one. After leaving the mess of people behind them Dove was far more at ease knowing both she and Shinsei were safer now, and she couldn't help but feel relieved as they raced through the trees towards what had been her first home since she lost her family.

To be honest, she was on cloud nine despite her hidden hatred for what had been done to her prior. To think that someone would be so callous and cruel to even think to simulate her losing Shinsei. To think that someone could play games like that, to think that someone claiming to have been her friend could even attempt it! Deep beneath her cheerful visage she broiled at the mere idea that someone could betray her like that. In fact that's all it was to these people, right? Constant betrayal? It wasn't like her mother had tried to kill her in Yugakure. No, it was just her being daft and naive to think one of that stupid woman's friends was worth saving any way.

Ever since she'd started mingling with the ninja everything had gone wrong! So so wrong! She should have listened to Wunan and just stayed, but instead she went and tried to lend aid to so many that simply spat on her at best, or tried to kill her at worst. In fact the majority of those that had tried to attack her even after she took on her new guise were still ninja.

The only good ninja was Shinsei... it made sense. Sure, he'd attacked her like all the rest, but he was the one ninja that was okay. He took her gift of chakra and was okay with it. She'd helped him and he actually was okay with it. He was the one in a million ninja, the exceptional ninja. The ninja that wasn't willing to stab others in the back, or murder parents, or make ludicrous demands in exchange for camaraderie. Shinsei was special to her now. He was someone who would love her, and she could love, and they would keep each other safe and live happily... forever after.

That sounded best. Forever after.

The woman's mood seemed to falter as she realised her home city was under attack as she cleared through the trees. She needed to find her mum and dad.

_______

Hokage Mansion

The massive explosions that had rocked around the mansion had thrown Rei almost as off kilter as the boy that had shown up and tried to scoop her up. A mixture of confusion to who he was mixed with her sense having picked up on the tailed spirit bombs had changed what the outcome likely should have been, however, as she instead grabbed him and wrapped her arms around him, attempting to use herself as a shield as a wall near her had exploded. Theoretically, in her mind, it was a great idea. What she hadn't expected, however, was the chunk of wood that had torn through her and into the boy causing him to erupt into smoke.

It was completely unexpected, but as sad as it made her to think she'd failed, it made her feel better to think of the memories that implied she'd tried to save simple clone. Reorientating herself and removing the timbre from her torso, the girl looked around to see that there was extensive damage to portions of the building. Whatever had happened had clearly not been meant to leave anything left, and idly she realised that whoever the boy-clone had been, they had clearly been attempting to try to save her from the explosion. Cautiously making her way through the building, Rei found a flight of stairs and eventually found her way to the battered, yet still standing, rooftop finding two faces she recognised. She also thought she saw someone step off the roof, but that would have been daft. Perhaps she'd been hit harder than she thought. Still, she felt fine.

The first was of the woman Dove sought, Wunan, who was the wunan, or queen, of the Kakureyami. She was, for all intents and purposes, seething. She was obviously in a foul mood set about who had taken control of her town, and it was clear she wanted some form of recompense. Something also told the young girl that she was not the one who had blown up the roof, but that could have been any of the people around, from the fearsome Jinan to one of the many ninja she'd yet to meet.

Clearing her throat to gain attention, the girl ensured she had Ja Jankin's token of passage clear to see for all, mostly so that there wouldn't be yet another unneeded attempt at a fight. Briefly she also thought back to Jinan's anger before and awkwardly did her best to bow.

"Uh, so, you know Dove, yea? She totally sent me here to find you. Or, well, she was supposed to be here too, brah, but I guess she's not? Or she like, was but then totally had something else to do?" Rei spoke, nervously trying to figure out what she was actually supposed to do. In all circumstances she'd discussed with her sister, she was supposed to have been here to do all the talking.

_______

As they had made their way through the town there had been surprisingly little resistance to her movements, though the odd ninja invader had assailed her, perhaps recognising her as the Princess of these lands. During any and all of the attacks Dove ensured her priority was keeping Shinsei safe. She was mildly worried about how he was going to respond to her mother, but it wouldn't be hard to convince him. At least not with the time she intended. In fact she was certain she would have to use persuasion on him to make him understand that what she was going to do was for the best, because it obviously was.

To think, an entire world free of ninja who would pro-actively attempt to betray you at all times? It would practically be heaven, and as far as she was concerned, it would finally bring peace, because there would be no ninja to disrupt it AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, the girl's eyes narrowed as she noted two individuals upon the semi-ruined rooftop of her old home. That angered her. Why destroy her old home? What was the point? Glowering at the ninja fighting Jinan in the courtyard as she leapt over it, any of the girl's foul mood fled her as she landed before her mother, Wunan. Tears leapt unbidden to her eyes as she finally found her way home again. Moving forward, she threw her arms around the queen in a brief, yet strong hug, pouring all her emotion into the embrace, utterly overjoyed.

This was it. She was home, and now she just ha to make sure her family was safe, once and for all.

"Mother, I've missed you so much! It's been... oh it's been so long. It feels like just yesterday silly me lost you in the woods... or was it the town... it was... well it doesn't matter. It's just the best to see you again. This is Shinsei, he means so much to me, as much as you and papa do. Oh yea, papa, he's in the courtyard. We should go help him, we'll kill all the problem ninja, and then we can finally stop them from causing trouble and we can have peace." Dove explained cheerfully, letting her emotions feed through her link to Shinsei, hoping it would be enough to placate the man whose own emotions seemed to be in turmoil against her family. Still, if needed she could always do something about it. Not hurt him, no, that would be like hurting Kam, and she'd never do that, but detain him until he understands? That'd be fine. Then, almost errantly, the woman noticed Rei sitting cross-legged across from Wunan on the roof, "Oh, hey Rei, what are you doing here? Oh doesn't matter. Come now sister, what are you doing sitting next to... that. Come on, we have to go finish these ninja so that we can go live safe. We'll all go back home and be safe and happy."

Even at her age, Rei knew something was off, and she had a feeling it had to do with what she'd been shown. Why was Dove so insistent on this thing about parents. She'd seen her older sisters memories after all. She knew Dove had gone in and found her parents slaughtered, but that same day she seemed like she had forgotten all about it, telling her brother they needed to go find them. Was that the base? The start of it all? Had Dove never truly been all there ever since then?

It certainly seemed like it, and with worry Rei stood up.

"I'm not going to help you kill ninja, sis. You need to pull it together, something's wrong, sister, and you're not acting right."

"What do you mean? Nothings wrong except all these ninja RUINING MY HOME! But once we take care of them we can all live peacefully. We'll all be safe, Rei, isn't that what you wanted? For us to go be safe and to make peace? Peace won't happen until the ninja are all dead," Dove barked back before suddenly stopping and wrapping her arms around Shinsei, "Well, except for this one. Shinsei is the exceptional ninja. One in a million!"

Undeterred, Rei stood fast, knowing, and to her sorrow, recognising that Dove wasn't going to listen easily. She wasn't looking forward to the Moonbears being right, "We aren't gonna kill everyone! That's crazy brah! Sister, please, ninja aren't bad, like this boy that had sent a clone to save me just minutes ago! If you still hate them, I'm gonna be really sad, because I can't do it. I'm not going to hate anyone just because you said so! You need to stop and look at what's happened, I'm sorry your mum and dad died, but-"

With a thunderous cracking noise that sounded akin to two boulders striking each other at high speeds, Rei went spinning across the rooftop, chakra scoured off her cheek from the blow as Dove stood where she had just been, arm outstretched with matching chakra torn off the back of the darker skinned woman's hand.

Rei almost couldn't believe she'd just been struck. Not by Dove any way. Rolling as she hit the ground, Rei took a moment to orientate herself as she got to her hands and knees, her lip quivering and chakra tears beginning to lift from her eyes. It hadn't hurt, being it, but there was pain still of a harsh blow struck.

"So this is it... you hate me now too, sister?" the young village girl lamented as she shut her eyes tight, "Please, don't. I just want us to be happy too, but I want for everyone to be happy, is that too much? Or not enough? I just wanted to be like you! To love everybody!"

Rei's body jolted as a hand gripped her hair and lifted her from the floor below her.

"But don't you understand, not everyone loves me, and why should they get my love when they can't love me back? Why should anyone get my love if they don't love me back. I can't love my enemies, Rei, grow up and understand that there WILL BE NO PEACE THAT WAY! I HAVE TO HURT THEM BEFORE THEY HURT ME AGAIN!"

Wincing as she was thrown yet again, a memory flashed through the girls mind. One of a great crowd and a rousing speech. A memory of looking up at one she'd seen before, Gaara, as he spoke passionately. His words echoed through her mind, building her resolve as she got to her feet and looked over at the ones before her. The angry and fearsome Dove, her companion Shinsei, Wunan, obviously angry in her own way, and the boy that helped her in the building.

"There are no enemies here... because we've all suffered... Is that not enough?! Is it enough that we all suffer? That we all hurt? Why do we have to hurt others more just to make us think we hurt less than we do?!" Rei demanded as she thought to Gaara's words as he spoke to the nations. She demanded as she tried to reconcile her sister assailing her, or the war, or the massive chakra bombs. None of this mad her angry, just sorrowful and upset that none seemed to see it. But then, that was her speciality... that and if she had to, she had the scroll. Taking stance as she had before, the girl's eyes, still leaking tears, locked onto Dove, "I love you, sister, you did so much for me, so please, let me stop you from becoming the very thing you hate in this world. Let me stop you from becoming a monster."

Dove just growled viciously as she sniffed the air, picking up on the smell of- "Bitch... I smell bitch. It seems that dog Orisas has tainted you, sister. I'll just have to fix that and then go finish that piece of kindling myself. Last chance, join my family, Rei, or I'll tear you apart and throw you out with the rest of the trash."

The wind blew as both sisters refused to budge, the time ticking by at an agonising pace as the tensions grew higher and higher. Then, as a single shingle fell, Dove lunged...

@White Masquerade

@QuirkyAngel

@Lucem Tenebris

Clash of Wills; Battle of Sisters:

An Unstoppable Force Strikes an Immovable object!

Tortured and broken, the truth has been revealed, Dove, suffering instability since witnessing her parents' deaths, is now unhinged and intent on rebuilding her family, and world and in a way that she deems perfect. If not stopped, she intends on aiding Wunan and Jinan, her 'mother and father' in their struggles, and if her will is seen through, she intends on keeping her 'love' Shinsei, one way or another.

Standing in opposition is Rei Manami. Despite her age, she has seen much through the eyes and lives of others, vicariously experiencing more than many ever would in a full lifetime. Armed with a scroll and the wish to stop her older sister from becoming the monsters that very well started the war, she knows she can not fail. If not for her sake, then for the sake of all that wish to live without the shadow of death looming over them.

(Good job Maika, you had one job, not make any of your friends feel betrayed. Look how you had that turn out.)

Naruto Rebirth: Kakureyami Final Battle

Hokage MANSION!

Jinan (Kakureyami King)

What was that..?

Suddenly, a man appeared out of nowhere and a ball of black chakra nearly exploded killing Jinan, as a tomb of sand rose to keep him trapped inside. The Kakureyami could only make out his opponents' glowing forms, tan and dark blue, though instinctively knew, compared to all those that came before them, these two were on another whole level.

Something was biting at the edge of his mind, something that did not want to let go. Back inside the scrolls of the elders, inside the middle portions of the papers handed down to him long ago, he had read of special beings created by Hagoromo, ones made of full chakra. Kokuo, Gyuki, Kurama...5, 8, 9...they were denoted by the number of tails they owned and held immense power; the splitting of a terrible beast Hagoromo and his brother faced. Yet, this information...why was this coming up now?

In truth, the king Jinan, had never seen a jinchuriki before, let alone knew they exist. The scriptures and tomes he cam to inherit only told of 9 animals, bijuu, large monsters that roamed the world each with their own set of special attributes and techniques. Looking upon Akago and Shirokko, he could pick apart the traits of the cat Matatabi and the raccoon Shukaku, but could not exactly explain why they were there.

Did Hagoromo give the ninja something we don't have..?

Stranger yet, the Truth-Seeking Balls, orbs that allowed the total negation of anything chakra, were floating around a boy, a ninja with pink hair that stood up and faced him now. They were tools of incredible capacity only used by their clan's creator...why did this child have them now?

"Has...Hagoromo forsaken us?"

Taking in the dissipating aura of the four dying tailed-beast bombs, Jinan's attention snapped ahead once the pink-haired boy with the Truth Seeking Balls disappeared. Finding him to re-appear directly in front of him coming down with a flaming sword, Jinan side-stepped and with one hand, caught Chiaki by the face.

Squeezing, he'd let his Wuji enter the nin's body and say, "I have questions ninja, and you will answer. You tell me the truth and I promise I will give you an easy death."

Cr-Crack!

The increasing pressure enough to break the Yoshinawa's nose, the king held his grip tight glaring at the mix of light that poured off the mist-nin's form.

"Why do you have Truth Seeking Balls?" he demanded, pounding his free arm into Chiaki's stomach.

"Is Hagoromo still alive? Did he give them to you?"

Tagging him again, Jinan lifted the boy from the ground and shook him left-to-right violently by the skull.

"Why do I see the marks of Isobu and Son Goku on you!? WHY NINJA!? Have you copied the bijuu?! Stole from them!?? Do you ninja have no bounds!?? Must you continuously try to bend everything in the world to your will!?? Even the greatest creations of Hagoromo aren't safe from the taint of your people's filthy hands!!"

Kksshh...

Radiating from the king's gloved palm into the face of Chiaki came a surge of Wuji that ran down his spine and once close, entered the furthest recesses of his heart. Dark chains winding wrapping around a shaking Isobu, the links grew to envelop the turtle whole.

"Wipe the chakra from his bones."

That's Not Enough?

Throwing the ninja to the floor and stepping over him to walk towards Chiita, the king turned back around moments later, incredulous, watching a shroud of red persist and continue to cover the boy in the same aura he had before.

Studying his own hand, the man stood, confused.

"It did not...work...?"

I'm Still Hurt By You

Daradei (Tsuchikage)

Chiaki..no...

Tearing her eyes away from the scene, the Tsuchikage cursed herself a coward. Wasn't that boy the one she was chasing all this time? Wasn't he the one she thought was the cutest? The ninja she wanted to be with?

Yes.

Though, she had to face a hard truth. Chiaki...was just not into her. Short of walking up and screaming her desire of him to his face, he hadn't picked up on any of her advances; not in the slightest. And on top of it, she could tell he'd gotten chummy with that Hanbungetsu woman from the village of water, hell, he practically gave her a glowing ovation when he suggested her for taking on the role of Mizukage. It was obvious that at this point...she had lost.

Forasmuch as she tried to keep the feeling down, hide it within herself, Daradei realized she was only human. So for just that one moment, she let the frustration out as she circled above the scene happening below.

"Tch. I'm sure your girlfriend will come here and save you."

That's who you want anyway.

Isn't it Chiaki?

Jinan Is Confused

Deceased:

Isobu the 3-Tailed Turtle

Jinan

7/14

The Ninja

Chanda Senju

0/7

Kinnosuke Royama

1/7

Daradei

0/7

Orisas/Kurokan

2/7

Chiita Uchiha

1/7

(Lost Chakra) Sozoshi Washa

3/7

Akago Hideki

0/7

Shirokko

0/7

(Lost Isobu) Chiaki Yoshinawa

1/7

@QuirkyAngel

@IG42

@White Masquerade

[dice]23007[/dice]

Hokage MANSION!

Romi Watanabe (Water God) + Dru Rinha

"There it is Dru."

Still holding onto his hand, the Water God didn't make too much a fuss of it. In all honesty, holding it was natural for her. She had known Dru for quite a while, getting closer and discovering his true nature all throughout their stay in Kirigakure. It certainly was a shock when he upped and kissed her in the Field of the End, but even though she wasn't ready, didn't expect it...it still felt right.

"You say you've realized a new dream right?" She questioned, speaking aloud with a smile.

"Heh. I am glad you did Dru. It's good to have something to strive for. I swear I will do my best to help you make it happen, but,"
she paused looking at the grounds of the Hokage mansion.

"There is one thing we must take care of first. Beating the Kakureyami so that they're not able to stop it before it even begins. A battle has already begun Dru. We're going to head into it. Are you ready, friend?"

Dru nodded his head, however he looked distracted and said, "We will not have the limitless chaka reserves we had before thanks to an issue on the battlefield. However, I have thought about two things we can do. One of them involves a new combination jutsu, but I can't share it with you just yet...I need you to trust me when I say that it is something we can both do and it can help people as well as us."

Dru looked Romi in the eyes, most of them closing in reflex. Dru truly marveled at Romi and that was why he stopped trying to communicate with his army, telling them that they needed to make the best choices for all the remaining ninja not themselves, and that when they were done to help out where he was. However, that didn't stop Dru from beginning to create a force that would propagate and make a group to try and surround the mansion.

Biting her lip at the tailed beast bombs hitting the barrier erected by the one floating through the air (is that Chiaki?), Romi had never seen this much action in her life. Growing up in the secret compound away from the world except for her rivals Kinnosuke, Kenzo, Masami, and Hoshie, the God's life was kind of...lacking. Though Romi would not let the lack of experience get in the way; she would step up confident and rise to the occasion.

Focusing her chakra, the girl was honestly thankful for all she had come to know. She was sure she'd remember this moment of her life for years to come.

"Oookay..." The God breathed aloud, exhaling the word in one deep breath. It was time for them to enter the game.

"Water Release."

She was ready to go.

"Aqua Mode: D20, Octopus."

Drawing from Akago's latent two-tailed chakra, Romi's skin seeped with water, absorbing her weapon into the forming shroud and gathering around her body in a light coat. Leaving solely her eyes and nose exposed to the open world, Romi became covered in fluid blue that extended from head to foot.

"Grow."

*Splooosh!!*

One tentacle swelled from Romi's back, a skeleton-less limb wiggling and swirling reaching up toward sky.

"Grow."

Two...

Three...

Four...

Then five, branched out and looking to Dru, the God wanted to know the next move.

Six...

Seven...

Eight...

An octet of liquid raised liked flat bars to shade them from the sun.

"Combine with this."

Dru watched in awe, then he thought for a moment before he held a hand out and gently touched the water causing small chakra receivers to float freely and in great numbers throughout the water. Then it hit Dru, and so after a second of hesitation, moved closer to Romi so that he could help her control some of the tentacles she had made. Though before he focused on that he looked her dead in the eyes and cast a genjutsu he had been working on.

"Mirrored Vision 8 field Convergence."

Suddenly to Romi, her vision would go black and everything would start coming in to her where she could see all in full color, but now in the the telescopic view of the Byakugan in 360°. Dru smiled at her.

"Take a moment to acclimate."

While he did that he ran his hands over her arms and stomach using minimal amounts of chakra to fully open her chakra pathways. "Now your Chaka will flow faster and with much less trouble. Trust me. I'm a doctor. Are you ready?"

"Ahem..y-yeah...I am."

Staring him in the face, Romi's cheeks shone bright red. Why did he do it so casual?

He touched..my stomach.

Eyes dropping to her midsection, Romi smirked small and shook the thoughts swirling off. Nodding to her partner, she felt queasy seeing everything in full detail around her space but kept the rising sickness down, her mind focused squarely on Jinan.

"Alright," she said leaping off the edge of a nearby building to the scene below.

"Let's go."

United We Stand

Jinan (Kakureyami King)

Stepping in front of Jinan with Dru by her side, Romi splayed her water arms forming them into an armory of 8 sharp spears. Pulling the king's eyes from Chiaki, the God's limbs launched to swirl around the man.

"Constrict."

Blindsided by the blitz, the man was caught in a sphere water as the black rods within it moved to pierce his skin.

*Blub...*

Winding tighter, Romi winced feeling a strong force fighting to push outward.

Hold tight!

But inside the constriction she could see Jinan already struggling against the move.

"Bbldbb...bbfbb!"

Through the water's translucence, Jinan slowed, his eyes closing, the bubbles leaking from his mouth and nose coming to a standstill. Holding her breath Romi knew it couldn't be this easy. Something was happening...something was going on.

What is he..?

And his eyes opened wide.

"Gack!"

A black sphere of energy grew from his form to wrench open her vice, creating a free space where he gasped for breath, pulling the small rods that sunk into his body.

"Ggggrrr!!"

In a huff of power, the God tried her best to clasp the shield back to its smallest form in effort to trap him once again, but the Kakureyami king was working too. With a yell, his spiritual force blasted in every direction to push Romi's liquid arms apart, and eject all of Dru's embedded receivers high and wide.

The tentacles were called back with the Romi slightly disappointed but nonetheless standing firm next to Dru, declaring, "King. Give up. You're outnumbered and you're surrounded. All of us here...this is the strength of the shinobi alliance; you cannot win. The reign of the Kakureyami ends here."

Jinan Is A Little Nervous

Jinan

8/14

The Ninja

Chanda Senju

0/7

Kinnosuke Royama

1/7

Daradei

0/7

Orisas/Kurokan

2/7

Chiita Uchiha

1/7

3/7

Akago Hideki

0/7

Shirokko

0/7

1/7

Romi Watanabe

0/7

Dru Rinha

0/7

@White Masquerade

@IG42

@Drumonkey

@QuirkyAngel

[dice]23031[/dice]

[dice]23032[/dice]

[dice]23033[/dice]

The Field of the End

Han + Yasahii + Itachi vs Naruto

Han nodded sternly, accepting the tags handed to her by the grey-eyed ninja and sticking them in her pocket. She remembered him. Vaguely.

“Don’t you already know a sealing technique, Han?” Yasashii asked curiously.

Hanbungetsu glanced at her best friend, a grin forming on her face that revealed her sharpened teeth. “I do. But this is less chakra-consuming.”

Turning away from Yasashii, the dark haired Mist ninja faced the rest of Kirigakure’s remaining army. The song Chiaki played before leaving restored her chakra and wiped the fatigue from her bones—as well as the rest of the ninjas present. No injuries. Nothing. She felt renewed. Calmer—now that she knew Chiaki was alive. The time for tears was done. She didn’t know what happened to Chiaki, why he was glowing, or why he had leave, but none of that mattered. Han was determined to end the war so they could both move on with their lives.

“You all heard that multi-eyed clone! Your main focus should be on Jinan and Wunan! Yasashii and I will bring up the rear and make sure these zombies get what’s coming to them!”

“Wha--me too?” Yasashii’s tone seemed as if she was dismayed at being told to stay behind and fight the legendary Naruto. However her eyes told a different story. Han smirked.

“Of course. If I die, you’re dying with me.”

Yasashii chuckled, the tall woman’s arm resting against Han’s shoulder. “Boy! Am I glad you didn’t end up being the Mizukage.” She leaned down so her face was level with Han’s marked one. “I don’t plan on dying. Nearly dying once was bad enough. I don’t want to experience that again. Neither should you. Not if you ever want to see Chiaki again that is.”

Han shook her head. “That was a joke, Yasa. Dying is the last thing on my mind right now.”

The loudest protesters were Ant and Chesire who insisted that all the sevens swordsmen should stick together. However, Han refused to budge. Therefore they settled by giving her the swords she had given them. Han scowled, clutching the explosive blade and the executioner’s blade in her arms. “What’s the meaning of this?”

“If we can’t be there with you then we’ll leave them back in your care. The swords aren’t meant to be separated.”

“It’s like leaving a part of us with you.”

“So make sure you meet us in Konoha.”

“And we’ll see if we can help Nuibari’s glowing wielder.”

Han sighed, but relented and the swords were sealed in the seven swords summoning scroll. As the remaining ninjas departed, Naruto dropped down in front of them wearing a cloak of fluttering orange chakra, similar to Chiaki’s. Six balls of darkness floated behind him. This was the legendary ninja that saved the ninja world. But now he was a puppet controlled by the enemy.

“Sorry about this.” Naruto said sadly.

“Don’t be,” Han replied. Her clam sage mode was still activated and she pointed Samehada at Naruto. The sentient sword was delighted. Such chakra! So much tasty chakra!

“Gihihihihihihihi.”

“You’re facing two of the Seven swordsmen of the Mist! Don’t underestimate us!”

As Han spoke, mirrors of ice surrounded Naruto on all sides. Yasashii’s reflection appeared on in all the mirrors, grinning devilishly with the Kiba twin blades in hand. Then the assault began. Lightning crackled from every direction as Naruto would find himself smashed with the high voltage attack. An attack that would have electrocuted a normal ninja. Unfortunately, Naruto wasn’t a normal ninja.

*poof*

“Right here!”

Han’s eyes widened as a blue ball of chakra slammed into her gut. The real Naruto grinned as he drove the rasengan through Han…who broke apart into crows.

“Wha--?”

“I see you’re still the same, Naruto.”
Itachi appeared behind Naruto, his mangekyou sharingan eyes activated. “But this time, the nine-tails isn’t here to help you.”

“Sage Art: Great Water Shark Bullet.”

Infusing the jutsu with clam senjutsu, Han thrust her hands forward, sending the giant chakra absorbing water shark hurling towards Naruto with its large jaws gaping wide, ready to consume the reanimated hero whole. At the same time, two water clones of the clam sage appeared, one wielding the Explosive blade and the other had the Executioner’s blade rested against her shoulders. They darted forward.

“Let’s do this!”

@clarinetti

@Strawberry Preserves

@Kiyoko Tomoe

@White Masquerade

@Arkytior

@Drumonkey

Hokage Mansion

Wunan (Kakureyami Queen)

At high impact..

Smash!

All nine Kagune would break into the roof tearing a path between Rei and Dove. Staying firm in their place with the odd twitch every few seconds, Wunan walked to Dove, eyes stuck on her. The expression was neither happy nor sad, nor shocked or mad, simply, Wunan. And when she neared, a tenth Kagune sprouted up from her back. Directing the other 9, they slowly slithered from their holes in the roof and adjusted themselves to shower in a small cage around the queen and Dove. The 10th would wind like a snake around the solid spines, creating a room that trapped them in, effectively separating them from the rest of the world. Dark surrounded them on all sides and the only light emanated from the young girl's chakra-exposed arm.

Placing a hand to Dove's shoulder, Wunan spun her around and gripped the former princess' chin with it resting in the middle of her palm.

"Dove...talk to me."

Prior

To say the least, it was off-putting when Dove appeared and introduced a ninja as someone she had come to cherish as much as her and Jinan, but when Dove readily said she wanted to slaughter ninja, Wunan knew...something was wrong. The girl's actions confirmed it. Not only were there looks derangement in Dove's eyes or tones of pain making themselves known inside of Dove's voice; her whole demeanor was off. Instead of the soft, gentle, little girl she had come to know, this one was more..harsh.

In her lifetime, Wunan killed personally many who opposed her; all ninja, supporters of them, and their ilk. Yet seeing Dove hit another in rage, a child at that, made her stop. To the picture of the princess she kept in her mind since that time in Yugakure, it was a violent jar. The Queen wanted desperately to kill that boy, the white-haired one that dared think he could go after her and felt the urge to yell at Dove, discipline her for falling for some ninja but...in her heart, seeing the princess right in front of her, spurred something to move again.

In a long sequence, emotions ran her face from rage to disbelief, to anger and astonishment once more, but at the end of the flipping chain, it rested flat and devoid of anything at all. Wunan wanted to be mad, to be upset...yet nothing felt better than when Dove wrapped her arms around her. It was a gesture that was quick, but to the queen's body, it was obvious it was a touch she sorely missed.

"Mother I've missed you so much."

It made her heart hurt.

Dove screaming out how she couldn't love anyone back, how she had to hurt others before they hurt her again, rang long in her head. And watching her love picking up Rei viciously by the tuft of her hair, Wunan realized she was looking at...a spitting image of herself.

..Is this..is this what...I've turned her into..?

Even as the other, Rei, spoke words of love and appreciation for Dove, the Nokuma disregarded them, threatening to throw the child out with the rest of trash. Despite saying strings of words like that across her time in this dimension, it made her wince hearing the same remarks coming from that mouth.

"Dove.."

So without the slightest glance to Shinsei who didn't even register in her mind, and a brief gaze to the one that carried the badge of Ja, Wunan made her way toward the one she used to share a home with, stimulating her Wuji in the process.

Current Time

"What are you doing?" she spoke, scolding her treasured in a soft, motherly, tone.

"This...this is not how you are...kill ninja? What happened to you?" The lady asked with genuine confusion in her eyes.

"You're filled with chakra...and your elbow..."

Inspecting the girl's arm, Wunan held it carefully, running her fingers over the exposed square of burning life under the patch of torn skin.

"Does it hurt?"

Looking her over once more, the Queen removed her hands from Dove and stooped down so that they would be face-to-face. Before anything...she had to confirm. She had to.

"Are you my Dove," she murmured, voice cracking upon remembering taking her life in the barren streets of Yugakure.

"I SWEAR if you're not," she whispered with tears dotting her face.

"And you're part of some elaborate trick from some stupid ninja...you don't know what you're doing to me. I will put you into a fate worse than death. I will find a way to keep you alive while I kill you over and over so you can feel my same pain for the rest of eternity...tell me,"
she finally finished.

"If you really are my Dove..where...did we first meet?"

In that moment the Queen wanted to fold her arms around the child and bring her close, but she had to contain the beat in her pounding heart for just a little longer.

This test..this last test, would tell her everything she needed to know.

@Veirrianna Valentine

Hokage MANSION!

"I knew it would be fine." Akago said with a cocky grin as Shirokko pushed on his chin but kept his focus on Jinan until she leaned up against his body and caught his gaze with a rather focused stare.

"Wh-wh-what are you doing?" He stammered as she rose to meet his lips. "We can't do this here we're in the middle of a fight!" Abruptly she huffed in irritation sending a warm breath washing over Akago's face and dropped back.

"He's still alive."

And sure enough, a few seconds later, her sand coffin blew apart blowing gusts of it everywhere.

"Gah...what a pain in the butt."

Is she going to do that whenever we're in a fight together?

Most likely she will calm down...eventually. The mental voice commented with obvious amusement. But really stay focused.

Regaining composure Akago noticed the three bombs streaking towards them and snatched Haru from his hiding place with a chakra hand trusting that Shirokko's sand would be able to protect them both.

"I-I'm just gonna stick with you from now on Minion." Haru squeaked nervously, hopping on Akago's shoulder and gripping with his claws.

The Jinchuuriki ignored the cat instead staring at the new arrival.

Is that Chiaki? What happend to his chakra?

Ashura...they're still being reincarnated and he has Isobu-kun and Son Goku-dono's chakra as well.

As Chiaki spoke to Shirokko he froze in place, as he had demonstrated those that tried to harm his girlfriend rarely escaped unscathed and here was another man calmly asking that she not try it again.

"Shirokko why would you do this? You...you told me that I had 'fixed you'." Placing a hand on her shoulder he turned her to face him. "You know this won't make me stop loving you but...you don't need to this anymore right? Did Shukaku say anything? Please just tell me how I can make this right for you."

Keeping a hand on her shoulder Akago watched Chiaki engage the enemy and prepared to move in himself when Jinan grabbed him and felt Isobu's chakra dissipate.

Isobu-kun! Damn him.

Matatabi's snarling faltered when Jinan questioned Chiaki about the Bijuu and the Truth-Seeking Balls.

Let me speak with him.

What? Why would you want to do that?

He doesn't understand what he is dealing with, I want to make sure he understands Hagoromo-sama's will. Now stand down and let me speak!

Reluctantly he the Nibi to move past the seal and manifest the Bijuu's full form with the host crouched on it's brow.

"Hold Ninja, hold King of the Kakureyami, I am Matatabi of the Bijuu one of the nine beings born of Hagoromo-sama splitting the Juubi. What you just did was kill one of my kin. Tell me, what do you know of Hagoromo-sama?"

@White Masquerade

@QuirkyAngel

@Drumonkey

Field of the End

Nanko + Frank Snow

"Hey. You gonna move?"

But Frank said nothing, only keeping Nanko firmly in his sight. For the past 20 minutes, they had each other stuck in an un-breakbale loop. The Shirotaiyo unable to come close enough to use his choking paper jutsu and Frank unable to move far in enough to deal a killing blow. It grated on his mind, but he wouldn't get ahead of himself. The boy was dumb yes, but his techniques made it easy to fool. Paper. What a thing. Shaping it into spears, using it as wings, and even draping it over the face to suffocate someone to hell.

"...."

"Oi. Iceman. Question. What're you gonna do if my pals win and kill your king? You know they're all going to come back here and gang your ass right? You need to leave now, bro. Either run away from here or try to help them out in the fight. You could say my job is to keep you from doing anything. Me sitting here joking and chilling with you is alright man. Like, really, I don't mind. As long as you don't move Iceman, I'm good."

"...."

The boy was...right. Every moment Frank wasted there, his comrades were trying to get by without his support. But should that be something he should worry about? Gonta controlled the undead and Jinan had the power to take away someone's chakra. Even if they managed to somehow take Gonta down, they would come up to the iron wall and lose their nerve. Wunan was a fighter too. Put her and the King together and those two were virtually unstoppable.

"Heh."

"? What's so funny Iceman? Forgot to turn the stove off at home?"

"No. I was just thinking twerp. Same thing applies to you. Every second you waste here, your ninja are liable to die. I don't know if you knew boy, but my King and Queen can take away someone's chakra. So no matter how strong one of your friends are, once they're caught in the grip of my leaders, they're done. If I were you brat, I would try to go and warn them before it's too late. Tell them to be careful."

Take away chakra...? What..?

"You're bluffing."

"Do I look like it?"

No.

He didn't.

Removing himself from Brute's corpse, the Shirotaiyo stood as his eyes widened.

"Yeah. Now you're getting it."

And so quickly sprinting off in the other direction, Nanko left Frank by himself, this, to which the super-soldier laughed and enjoyed.

"Ahaha! Aug, damn. Whoooo. That was too good."

Now though the super soldier didn't see it as a trick, he genuinely believed that the ninja struggling against their fate now had no chance to get out of this alive.

A Song of Fire & Ice

Masami Kusatsu (Fire God)

"Oh? Us liable to die? That was an interesting choice of words mister. Do you really think so low of our kind?"

Whipping his whole body right around, Frank jumped back noticing a woman with red hair licking sharp nails with canines jutting from her mouth, that looked like they belonged to some kind of wolf.

"You're -"

"Aye. Masami Kusatsu. The God of Fire. The same one who took down that Phoenix of yours. After all that talk, she was hardly worth it all. You. Will you be able to entertain me? I can't seem to find the person I'm looking for and I'm a bit miffed. I need to blow off a little steam."

Clenching his teeth, the soldier lifted a hand and shot a brisk cloud of ice at the nin only to be met with an even larger flare of blue fire that threatened to envelop him whole. Upping his dose, the two natures clashed to create a thick blanket of steam that filled the air.

What..? I should have stopped it! My technique..it should be able to freeze fire!

"Confused?" Taunted Masami, as smoke piled around her visage.

"Blue fire. Hmph. Your ice is pretty strong you know? I don't usually find many who can do that to my flames. I'm liking this. Come, let us make some beautiful music together."

And then the god completely disappeared.

The smoke was to thick! Where was she!? Frank could barely see anything in the wet plume.

"Over here! To your left, more fire!"

Shooting out a blast of cold in that direction, the voice was right. Jamming another inferno, the two jutsu exploded, sending even more steam to billow around the fighters.

"Here!"

Blast!

"There!"

Blast!

"Here!"

Blast!

Again and again the voice shouted perfectly announcing where the attacks would come and Frank couldn't help but feel like there was more to the game, however he couldn't afford to stop listening now. In this damn fog, the shout was the only thing keeping him alive!

But...to what end?

"OW!"

Feeling something cut deep into his back, Frank turned to find no one there.

"Hey! Here! To the right!"

Cursing himself, the soldier played along and intercepted another blow in the direction of the echo.

Hm. I'm not all bad.

It felt like forever had passed since he had heard a shouted word. No booming 'Here!,' no 'Left!', no 'Right!', and it left him unnerved. What was that woman doing? How was she able to see this mist? Why did she strike him once and then never again?

So many questions were floating in his head, but with the smoke starting to clear, all his questions would be answered soon.

"Ah. Hello," the god murmured a little bored, sitting cross-legged almost twenty paces ahead of Frank.

"Had fun?"

"Don't give me that!" The man barked back, anger in his voice.

"Filthy ninja! What game were you trying to play, huh!? Telling me where you were coming from like that! And then you let the mist clear, your only advantage, and now you mock me! You had me! You could see in the mist and then you just let me go!"

Cocking her head to the side, Masami said, "So?"

So?

At a loss for words, Frank stamped his foot.

"You cocky, *****. Mark my words, you're gonna wish you killed me while you had the chance."

"Kill you? What? I don't want to kill you."

Incredulous, the soldier threw his head back and laughed.

"Don't want to kill me?? That's rich! Please humor me ninja. And why is that?"

"Because she is."

It's Over

Danhi

"Straight through the heart!"

Jamming her scythe into the center of her chest, the girl fell to the ground over a circle drawn in Frank's blood, writhing in glorious agony.

"Kami no..."

"Kami yes," the Fire God corrected, lifting herself up.

"This battle is over for you Kakureyami. It took a quite a bit of time to thaw her out of that icecube you had, but once the steam obstructed your view and did the work, it was game-set-match."

"Game! Set! Match!" Shouted the girl rolling in circles all along the ground.

"Hah. What that crazy girl said. Now," the God continued walking toward Frank who was barely able to stand.

"I would ask if you had any last words, but unfortunately, I'm not that nice. So this is sayonara soldier. Ninja Art - Fire Release: Azure Flame Char."

@White Masquerade

@BlacklegSanji

Deceased:

Frank Snow

Field of the End

Shinobu Otsutsuki

Shinobu listened to each and every word Hinata spoke. She watched every single move taken by Hinata, letting all happen willingly. She knew that it wasn't the safest thing to do, submitting to a woman who is inclined to oppose her family due to how her family is thought as people attempting destroy earth, but she knew deep down it was the right way to do things; no more fighting; no more senseless bloodshed, even if versus a reincarnated person. Shinobu wanted all fighting to end, regardless of what that entailed for herself. If she could create everlasting peace for everybody, Kakureyami included, then she would gladly sacrifice her life for that cause. Right now, however, was not the time for sacrifice; it was the time to set things right.

"You're no better than the rest if you stand by such words, Hinata-sama..." Shinobu spoke softly, quite relaxed for being in a state where a normal ninja would be easily killed. Shinobu, however, had a friend on her side. She had Chomei, somebody who she could trust her very life with; trust the future of humanity to, if need be. "I'm tired of people wanting to harm one another... I'm tired of seeing people die with me unable to do a thing about it... I hate people who harbor intent to kill others, and you, Hinata-sama, are no worse than them for wanting to kill somebody you know nothing about..." Shinobu stated, very serious yet a hint of sadness to her voice. "I'm tired of it all, and I don't want to see any more bloodshed..."

"I don't want to harm you or anybody else... I want to see a peaceful world, even if it costs me my life to make it... I'm nothing like my great grandfather Toneri, I don't pretend I know what Hamura wants... I know he wants peace, that much I know... I can't even begin to imagine just how much he truly cared for this world, however... My love can't even compare. For that reason, I haven't any choice but to fight using what love I do have, even if it means I must truly fight..." Shinobu stated, Chomei's chakra beginning to fill her body and surround her. "Please don't hold anything against the Otsutsuki, miss Hinata, for all we want is to create the peace Hamura envisioned." She continued on with, wings forming on her back as she pushed Hinata back with her foot and floated up slightly "Everybody deserves a second chance, as nobody's perfect; we all make mistakes!"

Looking at Hinata with a saddened expression, she was pained to be forced into such a situation. She had to fight somebody she looked up to and respected; she was being pit against a foe she wished not fight, not to mention the fact it was her being forced to fight at all. "The Kakureyami included; they deserve a second chance. Everything that people do is because of something that was done to them! Nobody's truly responsible for the pain they spread, for we all have suffered just as much as one another...!" Placing palms against one another, the girl released a wave of silvery scales right at Hinata, blinding the woman momentarily as she flew right behind in near an instant. Placing a palm on Hinata's back, a seal formed on the woman's body; the Eight Trigrams Sealing Style, to be exact.

"Eight Trigrams Sealing Style - Chakra Binding!" Shinobu said as Hinata's Reincarnation body would begin to slowly crumble. It wouldn't completely release the technique yet, but it would severely slow the speed of regeneration as well as slowly separate soul from body.

"Eight Trigrams Sealing Style - Soul Unbinding!"

Rotating her heel, Shinobu blasted off the ground. Her palms were covered by the Eight Trigrams Sealing Style mark, Shinobu using every bit of Chomei's chakra she could afford to at this moment in time where her own chakra wasn't available. She'd have to use minimal chakra for undoing the Reincarnation technique on Hinata, and as fast as possible as well. Diving straight down at Hinata, Shinobu's palm smashed straight into the ground in front of the woman, Hinata leaping back just perfectly timed to when Shinobu arrived. What wasn't expected, however, was the fact that Shinobu's foot had landed a slight hit on Hinata, leaving a tiny cut through the Edo Tensei body.

"Seal!" Shinobu stated, markings flowing all over Hinata's body from the scratch. Shinobu leaped off of her hands and to her feet, sliding away from Hinata as she landed. "I won't force you to believe me, Hinata-sama... I won't make you believe in anything that I say, as much as I want you to believe me. I want everybody to understand that I'm here for the sake of peace, and I want everybody to realize that they needn't fight... I think I understand what Hamura desires for this world, and I think I know how he wants it to be achieved... My very body and soul is dedicated to creating that peace he envisioned; even if I should die, I shall create that peace that he so wished for."

Giving a smile toward Hinata one last time, Hinata would say a few words before departing as the Edo Tensei body blew away in the wind.

Of course, Hinata-Sama... I promise with all my heart...

Flying away from the site of the encounter, Shinobu made way for Konoha at full speed. Her chakra was starting to return to her body, all thanks to Chomei's chakra flowing through her network and loosening the chakra points back open over the course of time. Shinobu had a firm goal in mind, and she wasn't going to give up; even if the whole world would turn their back on her and call her insane, even if they would tell her it's impossible, she would succeed regardless of what happens. She knew she could do it; after all, she was one hell of a lucky girl, having Chomei by her side like this. She was sure to get through anything and everything with Chomei at her side.

@White Masquerade

Toshiro Toshino Toshimi Shi IV

???

"Finally here, huh...? Why did things have to turn out like this, I wonder... Love and symmetry were all I wanted, but now... Now, I'm stuck between two gates to Hell, and one hole in the ground that leads to a future without anything... to hell with the Curse of the Void... To hell with it..." The young boy paced around aimlessly, body and soul currently not as one. His soul resided with her, never again to be his own as it was lost to love. His body, however, was virtually nonexistent at this point in time. He had nothing at all left that he could do to prolong it, and thus only had two options left. Would he return and hope he could piece back together his pitiful self before he ran out of time, or would he just let it all end, using his time that remained to protect one of two things? If that were the case, he'd have to pick yet again and between those two precious things.

Fading from his current location, the boy had made up his mind; at least, for the time being. He would seek
that person out, and speak to them at all costs; he didn't care about himself right now; he just wanted to get things over with for once, rather than let it keep going yet another twenty years. "Let's pray to the lord that all things may return to their symmetrical way... While this future may become painful for my eyes, it's far better than that which things head toward at current time..."

Toshiro and...?

Field of The End

"So that's her... The woman I've heard about as having the ability to traverse dimensions like me..." Toshiro spoke to himself, before appearing out of the ground before her. The woman normally would've been a little unsuspecting of his appearance, but she'd knew it would be coming. For some reason, she'd just felt this meeting was coming for a while now. "You are...?" The woman would ask, before they would begin conversation. By the end of it, many things were known by both sides regarding their conversed topic. "Thank you for your time, miss...? I don't believe I've ever gotten your name, just heard of you in general..." Toshiro spoke, the woman replying. "Kanami... Kanami Sakurai. Now if you could excuse me, I must be off toward Konoha... I have friends who await me, and these bodies are not exactly my kind of landscape..."

No Tags

Hokage MANSION!

Laying where Jinan had thrown him, the red aura enveloping Chiaki continued to grow and expand, working to heal the injuries that had been inflicted him. Aiding the process was a small water jellyfish that clung to his form, circulating stored chakra through his system. Chiaki was trained in the art of medical ninjutsu by both Kiyomi and Kabuto. He had been prepared for the worst. Still, even though his body was rapidly regenerating and Jinan’s attack didn’t hurt too badly, the pink haired boy remained as motionless as a corpse, not responding to the events outside of his mind.

In Chiaki’s mind

Chiaki + Son Goku + Gyuuki + Kokuo

Chiaki stood on the shores of a beach, staring out at the murky, endless sea. The moon above was the only source of light, its mysterious glow reflecting against the dark water. He let out a soft sigh. Even with the powers given to him by Hagoromo, Jinan proved a force to be reckoned with. It was to be expected of course. The power to end the war quickly? If there was such a thing then there would be no need for so much suffering. No need for deaths. Chiaki glanced behind him at the large red ape that hovered over him.

“I’m sorry.”

“What for?”

“Because of my carelessness Isobu…,”

Is dead. Chiaki didn’t bother to complete the sentence. They had both seen the dark chains that wrapped around Isobu. There had had been nothing Chiaki could do as he watched the 3-tailed beast seemingly dissolved into nothing. He saw the turtle shiver. Saw the fear in its eyes as it was consumed by darkness.

“Isobu understood the risks when he agreed to help you. As did I. It’s certainly not your fault you humans are weak.”*Insert monkey screech* “The King and Queen of Kakureyami are a threat even to great beings such as ourselves.”

“The Kakureyami…what are they?” Chiaki questioned, wondering what sort of people could frighten a giant creature made of chakra. The abilities the king wielded was different than anything Chiaki had ever seen. It was as if the dark chains had made Isobu…cease to exist. An ability on par with the truth seeking balls that he’d been given access too. The only thing Hagoromo told him was that they invaded the present ninja world from a different dimension…like his mother. Was there more to the story? Was that why King Jinan questioned him so vehemently?

Not that he gave me much opportunity to speak…

“They are a special clan founded by Hagoromo to watch over the ninjas and protect ninshu. Hagoromo, our creator whom you spoke with, intended for ninshu to be a way for people to connect with one another. However you humans managed to find a way to use it for war amongst yourself. Not only that the Kakureyami clan was sealed away by your ancestors to the Land of Darkness. Now it looks as if their descendents have come back, overcome with hatred. They’ve become a threat to the ninja creed.”

“Hmph! You can hardly blame them. I’d want to kill them too for what they did to us. Ninjas only crave power.”

“Calm yourself, Gyuuki. This was our father’s request.”

“Yeah, yeah. I’m helping, aren’t I? Letting him use my chakra aren’t I? Even when I’m dead. Yeesh. Don’t expect to hear me from me again after this over. I’m taking a long nap until I’m reborn. Asura reincarnate or not, I don’t trust humanity.”

“You used to. Back in the time of Naruto.”

“Hah! Yeah, I did. But that was a long time ago. And this kid ain’t Naruto!”

Chiaki listened quietly as Son Goku, Kokuo, and Gyuuki spoke together, not really wanting to interrupt the reunion of friends—simply absorbing the information provided. The bijuus were linked in a way that transcends death. That’s the only way Chiaki could explain how he could hear the voices of Gyuuki and Kokuo. How their chakra was accessible to him, even though their main body was elsewhere. Chiaki could reach out towards the link Hagoromo created and take the chakra. Use it as his own. But that would be stealing…and Chiaki didn’t like taking what wasn’t freely given. He only had one more question for the one who shared his body.

“The truth seeking balls and Jinan’s power…are they connected somehow?”

Balls made of darkness. The power to destroy chakra. Chiaki couldn’t help, but notice the similarities when Jinan questioned him about the truth seeking balls.

Son Goku rubbed his chin. “That I don’t know. It’s been too long since I’ve seen someone who uses Wuji Release and even I, the Monkey King Son Goku, can’t say for sure. However, given the time scale, I theorize that the truth seeking balls were the precursor to wuji release. The same way ninshu—the wielding of chakra—was the precursor to modern ninjutsu.”

Chiaki nodded. “It’s something to look into…if we have the chance. Perhaps Jinan would know.”

“Don’t you hate him? The leader of your enemies? The one who wishes to subjugate your kind?”

Chiaki shook his head. “He is the source of my problems, and I need to defeat him, but I don’t hate him. I hardly know him. And from what you’ve told me of the Kakureyami, I at least understand now why they hate us. It was something I’ve always wondered, ever since the battle at Kumo Camp.”

“So what will you do now?”

“Continue, forth.” Chiaki answered. “I’ll see to end of this war, one way or another.”

Would killing Jinan actually end the war? Would it cause more problems? Spread the hatred even further. Chiaki didn’t know. He wasn’t Naruto. Despite what he’d told Hagoromo, saving the world was too grand a goal for someone like him. No matter how hard he tried he wasn’t perfect. He couldn’t solve all problems, end all hatred, and satisfy everybody. Chiaki simply wanted to carve forth a future with his blade—one where the people precious to him would no longer have to suffer.

“Hm. Well it looks like you’ll have to hold up on that. Matatabi wants to speak with the current Kakureyami king.”

“So it seems,” Chiaki glanced at Son Goku. “Would you like to speak with him as well?”

“Can I?”

“Since we share the body now, it would only be fair if you got to take control once in a while.”

“What makes you think I’ll give you back your body once you let me take control?”

Chiaki smiled. “You haven’t tried to harm me so far.”

“You’re being rather reckless for a jinjuriki.”

“I’m simply trying to earn your trust. Ryuu would want us to be friends.”

And to earn trust, one side first has to give. Though, Goku had been the first to hold out his hand, offering his chakra freely. Chiaki didn’t know if it was Ryuu’s influence or Hagoromo’s. Probably both.

*Insert monkey laugh* “You’re surprisingly straight forward.” Son Goku scratched his head. “I don’t really have anything to say to him. The bastard killed Isobu. But he would’ve died sealed in your body anyway. There was no way your puny human body could contain both of us. At least this way, I can give you my chakra with less restraint.”

Chiaki frowned at the reminder that Son Goku’s life was bound to his own; such a sad existence. He didn’t like the thought of anyone dying because of him, but he didn’t want to die either.

“We don’t actually die you know. We simply enter the cycle of reincarnation to be reborn again.”

The pink haired boy recalled all he’d read regarding the tailed beasts in Orochimaru’s hideout. They were forces of nature. Beings of pure chakra. Some scrolls even depicted them as gods. It made sense that they wouldn’t die forever. But…, “How can you get reincarnated if your chakra has been…broken apart?” To destroy chakra itself. That was something he’d never really seen before…at least until seeing the king’s power. His truth seeking balls were the same. They broke the laws of chakra. The laws of physics.

“Heh. It’s the first time any of us have been killed like that, so I really can’t say. I’d like to think that our chakra would eventually reform over time.” Son Goku shrugged. “We’ll see.”

“What makes you think we even want to return to this world?” Gyuuki’s voice growled suddenly. “To be bound and sealed away again. What’s the point?”

“Gyuuki…”

Chiaki glanced at Son Goku questioningly. Was Gyuuki always so hostile?

“He killed himself,” Son Goku explained in a disgusted manner. “One of the proud beings born of the Sage of Six Paths resigned himself to death without even putting up a fight!”

“Shut up! How can you know how I feel!? You who got all buddy-buddy with your jinjuriki!?”

*insert angry monkey screech*

Chiaki figured now would be good time to interrupt. Otherwise there might be a war in his mind. “If Gyuuki wished to kill himself, it was his right to do so.” Then Chiaki turned to Gyuuki who had manifested in his mind through the chakra ebbing from the link. The conversations made it clear how different humans were compared to the tailed beasts. Humans struggled to live. Did whatever they could to do so. But Son Goku and his friends were immortal. For them, life and death had very little meaning. “But Gyuuki, if you held out, I believe you would one day meet some who makes you grateful to be alive.”

Chiaki could understand the feeling of wanting to die. He’d watched his parents die to save him. He’d watched Kenji die fighting to protect them and he wondered perhaps if his existence would cause nothing but death. Once again he he’d experienced the pain of helplessness. He’d wondered if he became stronger, he would be able to protect those important to him. He wanted to be someone worth saving. So he’d gone to Orochimaru.

But, in the end, he was too weak-hearted to continue…so he ran away. It was then that he’d met Izumi who told him to survive—experienced the kindness of a stranger who he barely knew. Afterwards, he reunited with Han, who was extremely happy to see him, and met Yasashii who fought with him. It was because he was alive that he got to hear Han’s feelings for him, see the spring at the Den of Solace, and even meet Son Goku and Isobu(brief though it was).

“You had a long life. I’m sure it wasn’t all so bad.”

“It wouldn’t be so bad if humans just LEFT US ALONE! All you humans want is power! You just want to use us for your own selfish gains!”

Chiaki nodded. “We humans want what we do not have. Power. Wealth. Fame. Knowledge. Happiness. Love. Companionship. Freedom.” He’d seen a lot of desires when he decided to fight in the war. He'd seen the the passion. “It varies between humans and the lives they were born with. We want a lot because our lives are short and our time limited. However, it’s because of humanity’s wants that the world has become what it is now. And it will continue to change. From what Son Goku’s told me, Hagoromo created ninshu because of his want for communication and understanding. Surely amongst the vastness of the human race there are people who like him, want for a better world, who want peace. But you won’t find them unless you look…unless you’re willing to walk in their shoes. ” Chiaki’s smiled. “After all, there was no way I’d know your names unless you told me. And it wasn’t until you were sealed in me that we finally got to speak.”

“Hmph! Don’t try to justify it the errors of humanity. You humans are all the same!” Gyuuki’s form receded from Chiaki’s mind, but he could still feel it. Gyuuki’s chakra flowing through their link. The one Hagoromo created.

“If that's the case, then what is it that you want, Asura reincarnate?”

“For now, an end to the current war. But as for later…” The pink haired boy shrugged. “I don’t know. The only thing I do know is that I don’t want the people important to me to suffer. When the war’s over, I suppose I’ll have more time to figure out what I truly want. But in order to do that I first have to live through this war.”

Outside Chiaki’s mind

Chiaki + Son Goku

Chiaki slowly got to his feet, his body emitting a rose red glow as Son Goku’s chakra enveloped him. Without Isobu, his chakra seemed to have stabilized, melding more easily with Son Goku’s. Gold markings appeared on his forehead, resembling Son Goku’s crown. His hair, released from it restraints flowed like glowing crimson flames and four golden magatama symbols appeared on his back, arranged like a flower. Chiaki removed the remains of his medical jellyfish before his gaze flickered to Matatabi who had manifested outside of Akago and called a halt to the fighting. To Romi who had appeared with Dru to assist him.

“Thank you,” He said to the former Mizukage candidate and the real Dru. Chiaki had thought her kind, but far too passive in her ideals. However, now that he could see her fight, defend her comrades, he could see that he was wrong. In her own way, she was strong and would stand firm with her beliefs. She would have made a good Mizukage. His eyes flickered to the sky where the Tsuchikage was circling the battle at Hokage Mansion. He knew who Daradei was referring to. There was only one person it could be. Still, he found it odd that Daradei would refer to Han has his girlfriend. Chiaki didn’t think he’d been very obvious about his feelings for his friend beyond a platonic level. His face reddened slightly. Perhaps during the time when he’d been watching Han, he was being closely watched as well.

“I wouldn’t want my girlfriend to save me if it means putting her in danger,” Chiaki said, not denying her implication that he had a girlfriend. There was really no point. He could hear the vehemence in the Tsuchikage’s voice. Was she still mad that he’d lied to her in order to obtain Samehada for Han? He’d already apologized for that. Then again, if all problems could be solved with an apology, the war wouldn’t have happened in the first place. Chiaki sighed. Whichever the case, he had no desire to make the situation between him and Daradei worse…whatever it was. “Though I appreciate the thought, I’m fine. The chakra Otsutsuki-san gave me and Son Goku’s power is enough to withstand King Jinan’s assault.”

To the Kakureyami king, Chiaki spoke. “The sage of six paths came to my mind when I was near death and awakened the ability within me. I can’t say for sure whether Hagoromo’s still alive,” Did his state count as being alive? “But he told me that he exists as chakra and continually watches the on-goings of the world. He asked that I prevent the destruction of the Ninja creed and protect its teachings. Following Hagoromo’s will, Isobu, Son Goku, and even the currently deceased Kokuo and Gyuki agreed to assist me. I’ve stolen nothing. Nor do I have the ability to bend Son Goku or any of his friends to my will.”

Given what he’d seen of Shirokko and Shukkaku, Chiaki doubted he would be able to utilize Son Goku or Isobu’s chakra so easily if it weren’t for Hagoromo speaking to them. He wasn’t a trained jinjuriki and had no experience with tailed beast control. Nor was particularly skilled with sealing techniques beyond the basic level.

“If you continue the way you do, ninshu will, over time, be lost to the world. That is not something Hagoromo desires.” Chiaki paused. Then he continued in a gentler voice. “I don’t believe the Sage of Six Path has abandoned any of his creations. That’s why he awakened the ability within me. No matter the wrongs committed, he wouldn’t want to see any of them destroyed.”

Aren’t you painting Hagoromo out to be too much of saint? Our father was a great, powerful, and wise sage....but he wasn’t that nice.

Harmless pretty lies hurt no one.

That’s debatable. Anyway, Chomei’s on his way.

Chiaki sensed it as well. So Shinobu was coming. Did that mean Han and the others were safe?

Who knows? You’ve got your own battle to tend with. Don’t get careless like before.

Chiaki nodded. Chomei’s coming. Matatabi’s come out and Shukaku is present in Shiroko as well. Are you certain you don’t have anything to say?

…Do you want me to come out?

I just think it’s appropriate given the current scenario.

Fine. The rose red chakra enveloping Chiaki erupted like a volcano, sending sparks of red chakra showering down like molten lava. Chiaki’s irises became yellow and his pupils white. In addition, his hair seemed to lengthen.

“Hoo Haah!” Chiaki(Son Goku) stretched, starting with his arms and moving to his legs as he got used to his new host’s body. “You’re a real piece of work, aren’t you Jinan? Accusing ninjas of tainting us, bending us to their will, after killing one of our kind.” *insert monkey screech* “I won’t deny it. The ninjas don’t give us the respect we deserve. Of all the ones I’ve met in my long life, only a handful bothered remembering the honorable name given to me. And only a few have earned my respect. But I’ve seen through my jinjuriki’s eyes the world you and your people would create. Subjugation! Discrimination! Toying with the dead! Your people are no better the ninjas that imprisoned us for power. One who speaks righteously must uphold such righteousness! I, the Monkey King, granted the honorable title of Son Goku by the benevolent and wise Sage of Sixth Path, Hagoromo Otsutsuki, have concluded that neither your kind nor the ninjas are more intelligent than apes!”

Goku…

One of the truth seeking balls transformed into a bo staff and flew into Chiaki’s(Son Goku’s) grip. He spun the staff with two hands, giving it a couple of twirls in front of him and to his sides in a showy manner, before letting the weapon rest comfortably across his shoulders. His stance was casual.

“We’ve answered your questions King of Darkness. Now answer Matatabi’s. I'm curious as well. What do you know of Hagoromo?”

@IG42

@White Masquerade

@Drumonkey

Konohagakure

There was something wrong with Dove. Shinsei could feel it. Massive anger broiled beneath her cheery façade, exuded through the link they shared. However, Shinsei kept his thoughts to himself. Moving through the trees at a pace that kept up with the former Kakureyami Princess, he watched her with amusement.

“Exited to be home aren’t you?” He said mildly. Except Konoha wasn’t the Kakureyami home. The Village Hidden in the Leaves was land to the Leaf ninjas. He’d been here once. When he’d been 12, he and his teammates had gone to Konohagakure to take their chuunin exams. This had been where he had met Soba Ichiraku. Where he’d been soundly defeated by Konoha’s rookie of the year.

“Ah, the memories are coming back,” Shinsei spoke as Konoha came within sights. “I wonder if the Ramen shop’s still there.”

Probably not. Not since the Kakureyami had taken over and made Konoha their home base. He saw Dove’s movements become a little more hurried as they neared Konoha. The ninja rebels were already there, which was to be expected. He’d seen the flyers the Alliance Leader passed around through the hidden ninja channel. He’d just ignored them. Amegakure was the only village that he fought for. For his stupid father. But the man was gone. The village was gone, the remainder of its citizens moved to Tanigakure.

He had no reason to continue fighting, risking his life, for the Shinobi Alliance. It wasn’t as if being a ninja meant a lot to him. However, he hated the Kakureyami for what they took from him. He still did. Between the ninjas and the Kakureyami, he hoped the ninjas reclaimed lands—or, at the very least, dealt a severe blow to Kakureyami’s reign.

Hokage Mansion

Landing on the roof of the mansion, Shinsei grimaced as he watched the princess run up and hug Wunan. That hadn’t been what he’d expected at all. Didn’t Dove hate Wunan for killing her? Was she a masochist? If their relationship was so close, why had Wunan killed her in Yuugakure? Why did Kakureyami soldiers attack her in Kirigakure? He’d been under the assumption that she had been abandoned by the royal Kakureyami family. Clearly he’d been wrong.

The gray haired ninja leaned against a railing, on the portion of the roof that wasn’t destroyed, and folded his arms across his chest as he watched the interplay between the two “siblings”. He didn’t acknowledge Wunan when Dove introduced him, nor did the queen of Darkness acknowledge him. Both of their attention was on the one important to them, Dove, who had clearly cracked. Shinsei’s eyes narrowed in distaste. He’d heard the Kakureyami spiel enough to recognize it even as it escaped from Dove’s mouth. Her emotions surged through their link and through him. Anger. Sadness. Fear. She was being consumed by those feelings and it was affecting her reason.

Even he was surprised when she struck Rei. In the brief time he’d seen them together, the two appeared close. Shinsei cared for Rei as much as he cared for Maruorochi. Not much. But the young chakra girl was important to Dove, so he’d been willing to play nice. As the tension built between the two sisters, Shinsei was prepared to intervene, but Wunan beat him to it. Shinsei’s eye twitched as the Queen of Darkness created a black dome separating her and Dove from the rest of them. He didn’t like it. Not being able to see what was happening to Dove. Not being able to hear what was being said.

“Tch.” Wunan was probably converting her to the queen’s ninja hating ideals. Perhaps they were both plotting on the best way to clean up the “ninja filth” in the courtyard. Shinsei chuckled, his elbows on the railing and his faced towards the sky. He had choices. He could join Dove on her mad crusade. It wasn’t as if Shinsei was particularly loyal to the Shinobi Alliance, since Amegakure was no longer a part of the war. But if he did, what would Izumi think of his betrayal? Maika? Everyone who he’d fought with against Kakureyami? His father? He’d hated Kakureyami for so long. They’d taken everything from him. Could he do it?

“Nope. Not possible,”

There was no way he could do it. Maintaining civility in the presence of Wunan was only marginally do-able because of Dove. And only so long as the queen of darkness and the Ame survivor didn’t speak to one another. But actively helping the Kakureyami wipe out every single ninja? Not a chance. Directing his gaze down to the battle bellow, an eyebrow rose when the two tailed beast manifested.

“Make everyone happy? Love everybody?” Shinsei spoke to Rei, though he didn’t look at her. “Aren’t you being a little naïve? Dove isn’t a monster no matter who she chooses to kill. She’s only human.”

Shinsei could say that with confidence because he could feel it. Dove’s emotions, fear, anger, hurt, she was being engulfed in it, letting it taint her chakra and distort her desires in a very human fashion. Her response, her reaction, her hate, he could understand it.

“The true monsters are the ones who can love everyone.”

The ones that won’t break. The ones that were immortal. Shinsei had thought Dove was a monster. But lately he’d been seeing her fragile side, seeing her break under the weight placed on her. The weight she’d placed on herself. Shinsei recalled the bear-like woman that had attacked him relentlessly in Kirigakure. The girl that healed him afterwards and followed him to Kumogakure. The leader that brought together a small group of ninjas and Kakureyami, rebuilding a destroyed village into a small utopia. The same girl that complained to them about her failed relationship with some Kakureyami spy.

“Heh.” Shinsei smirked, turning to face Rei. “But, then again, I’ve never really hated monsters.”

For a second, Shinsei thought he might have seen a figure that resembled Ichiraku fly through the sky…on wolf. The gray haired man shook his head. Can’t be. Why would the coward who had given up on a ninja life be in Konoha? Straightening from the railings, Shinsei approached Dove’s sister.

“Tell me about Dove.” Shinsei didn’t have access to Dove’s memories. He knew nothing about Dove beyond what he’d seen and what she’d told him. He didn’t care enough to. None of that was relevant…until now. “Who’s Orisas? And what’s this about her parents dying? Aren’t Wunan and Jinan her parents?”

Shinsei didn't care about her past. But he didn't want to see the Dove he'd come to know break. Killing ninjas was who'd harmed her was one thing. But killing every ninja except for himself? Maika? Uzazab? Izumi? What about her own sister? Would she betray the village she'd restored? She was letting hatred and pain consume, her blind her to what she truly wanted. Just like he had. And just like him, she'd only come to regret it later...after losing it.

@Veirrianna Valentine

Hokage MANSION!

Daradei (Tsuchikage)

Tch, whatever. Just...whatever, the woman thought in her mind, urging the bird she sat on to fly higher and farther away. Kami! That boy got her so upset!

Still...despite this...even though she'd probably never forgive him for everything he had and hadn't done, she was glad...that he'd be okay.

"...jerk."

Can we do this...together?

Shirokko (One-Tails) + Shukaku

Staring wistfully at the forming bod of Matatabi's, navy, chakra form, the blue flames of its fur swung in long tendrils reflected in the glass of her eyes. The little Yoshinawa's request didn't really bother her in the least; hell, Hanbungetsu deserved the killing she got, but Akago's tender reprimand of her actions was what did her in. It was an odd feeling being scolded by someone that cared about you, and you about them. Through all her sh*t, he still admitted that he'd love her. Stay by her side. And it was this genuine concern for her well-being that frustrated Shirokko to no end.

Why don't you just get rid of me then if you hate me so much?

I never said I hate you.

Well it doesn't seem like you want me staying in your body either. I cause you trouble.

Shirokko did not deny the claim.

Mm. Well like I told you before. Say what you want. My feelings won't be hurt. I'm a monster. I am eternal. Whenever I die, I'll just be re-born. Really, nothing you do will phase me.

You're not a monster. I just wish you would work with me once in a while. That we could be friends. Neither of us wants to be stuck with each other, but that's what's happened. We have to make the best of it. I know you want to live your life, but I want to live mine too.

So why don't you just ask King here to remove me? You'll get your body back without dying and I'll be re-born in another few years. How does that sound?

He can do that...?

Sure. He just killed Isobu hanging around inside of that boy there. I am sure if you ask nicely, I'm sure he can do the same thing for you.

No.

Huh?

I said no. No one is going to kill you. I wouldn't stoop to doing that just to get you out of my body. Together is how we started and together is how we're going to finish.

Shukaku. If I promise to let you run free every night, to do what you want with my body, would that make you happy?

What?

You feel trapped. I want my life. You want yours too. Let's come to a compromise. I will have control during the day, and you can take control as you want during the night. On one condition. Please. I don't want any deaths. I need to be good for Akago.

Hm..?

Run around. Howl. Do back-flips. Roll in the sand. Just...no deaths. It's all I ask.

Ah...you really love this Akago guy, don't you host?

I do. I really do.

Hmph. Fiiiine. No deaths then. That I promise.

Ahh! Yes! Thank you, thank you Shukaku! I love you! You don't know what this means to me. Thank you.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just don't cry rainbows of tears over me. Sand doesn't mix so well with water, got that? Now leave me alone.

Huh? You're not going to come out?

Come out? For what? I can just barely tolerate that cat Matatabi and now that stupid fool Son is out. Kokuo is cool, but I can also feel Gyuki somewhere around here. So uptight. Not to mention that blabbermouth Chomei is headed here and headed here fast. I have no stock in this war, host. The only reason I'm here is because you are. Don't need to say hi to those nutters.

At this, Shirokko could feel her link to the One-Tails Chakra mode end, so figuring her bijuu wasn't in the mood to talk anymore, dropped to the floor to sit on her butt. She had no idea what was going on with the scene in front of her, but hoped Shukaku would be ready to come back and fight if anything dangerous were to go down.

Meeting of the Creations

Jinan (Kakureyami King)

"The Juu..bi..?

What in the world was that?

Lowering his guard with both hands by his sides, Jinan looked curiously at the glowing, blue cat, confirming a second later that it was in fact the legendary Matatabi he read about in his ancient scrolls.

It was...big.

"Killed one of your kin?" He boomed, starting to think this was just a ruse. Kill one of the bijuu? Never in his life would he do such a thing! It was impossible for him to raise a hand willingly toward the creations of Hagoromo! However, his attention would be diverted down again to the conundrum at hand; the boy he swore he stole the chakra from. The child spoke of Son and the Otsutsuki as if they were some form of friends. Said that near death, Hagoromo came to him and granted the power to use the fabled skills of the Sage of Six Paths.

"Hmph!! You what I find hard to believe?!" Jinan roared.

"Is that Hagoromo wants you to protect the
ninja creed! If he does still truly exist, watching over the daily happenings of the world, then why does he not speak out against the misuse of his peaceful Ninshu? You ninja continue to pervert his teachings unabated and he so happens to turn a blind eye to your transgressions? Yet us, the Kakureyami, who he had fashioned to keep a lock on your power-hungry grabs are the target of his scorn? I don't understand it! Why has he sided with your kind and not us?"

And that was when pinkie's form erupted with red chakra as he transformed..

There it was again!

Into what looked like the 4-tailed bijuu: Son Goku.

Then went that comment of killing one of his kind once more. What were these people talking about?

Though what's worse, was that the monkey claimed the Kakureyami were as vapid as the ninja that imprisoned them. This, to the king, was one charge he just could not ascribe to. Sure they had raised the dead and put their heel hard into the face of ninja, but that's what was required to hold down the scourge that threatened to destroy the world. Ninja were a disease, and with a disease that threatened to take away all that you knew, your methods had to be aggressive.

"Don't lump us into the same sentence with ninja," the king said sharply, staring right at Son Goku.

"I know all about Hagoromo's will. It was to connect the heart, emotions, and feelings of all through the way of chakra, or Ninshu as he named it. To create peace. He knew there'd be those who'd try to corrupt his teachings and use chakra for ill rather than good, so he created my clan. Those who could stand up to the abusers of chakra when their own brethren were unable to. We use Wuji Release. A transformation of the spirit energy we all carry, to a nature capable of breaking the chain of chakra.

Ha! You know what's more..? We
did live in peace! That was until Reto, Byakuren, A, Ishikawa, Hashirama, and that rat Madara threw our relation into chaos! Do you know what the fathers of ninja did? They invited my clansmen to a small village in the Land of Wind, telling them that the shinobi wanted throw a luxurious ceremony to celebrate those men and women who harbored Wuji Release. 'You carry an important task,' they said. 'As the ones to step in and keep those who use chakra in line when they grew too big to control themselves'. And at the height of the ceremony, with my people in the middle of all their smiling faces, they had the gall to activate a giant seal etched into the ground they stood on, forever sending my kind away to a dimension without sun. That. That is the behavior of the ninja you are are comparing us to. Tell me. Is that what you tailed beast support..?"

We Have Arrived

Chomei (7-Tails)

The large bug hummed happily as they soared through the air on their way to the hidden village of Konoha. He knew he liked Shinobu a lot, but those words of hers back there...wow. It sent Chomei's heart bursting into the roof.

She's so nice..

She's so pretty..

She's so perfect..

She's so strong..

Gaaah!!!

Why did Chomei have to be born as a giant, chakra bug!? Grunting in his head, the bijuu lamented its size, deeply wishing it had small human arms, legs, and hands to at least hug, wave to, and maybe even...hold hands with Shinobu...-i-if that'd be alright her..

'A-ah..ehm..Shinobu..' the beast started in its mind.

'Do you have..do you have..' but half-way through, changed his mind, for thinking about it, he did not want to hear the obvious answer. Of course she did! Someone like her...ack! If only...if only they had met much earlier in life!

'I-I mean...look sharp! Bwahaha! Lucky! We are here! Let me do this, Shinobu! I'll handle it! Let me introduce you!'

And rolling to a gradual skid over those gathered at the base of the Hokage Mansion, Chomei took charge of Shinobu's arms and mouth, bowing while hovering, so that the wind would flow gently through her swaying hair.

"Greetings ninja, Kakureyami, and fellow jinchuriki!" She shouted, eyes momentarily falling on Shirokko, Akago, and Chiaki.

"Be amazed! The 7-tailed jinchuriki of the Lucky Chomei...IS HERE! And we would like to bring the world together in a long, golden era, of everlasting peace! Believe it!!"

Jinan Is Feeling Therapeutic

Jinan

8/14

The Ninja

Chanda Senju

0/7

Kinnosuke Royama

1/7

Daradei

0/7

Orisas/Kurokan

2/7

Chiita Uchiha

1/7

3/7

Akago Hideki

0/7

Shirokko

0/7

1/7

Romi Watanabe

0/7

Dru Rinha

0/7

Shinobu Otsutsuki

0/7

@White Masquerade

@Drumonkey

@IG42

@QuirkyAngel

@Kiyoko Tomoe

Hokage Mansion

As the barrier betwixt herself and her sister rose, and Rei lost sight of the elder sibling that had lost her way, she let out a shuddering breath and dropped to her knees. Briefly she couldn't help but think about how odd it was, though gratifying, to still 'feel' like she needed to breath deeply, or rest. Even if it didn't do anything physically, it more than certainly held the same mental and emotional relaxation and gratification that helped her relax and cool down after what had just happened.

Lifting a hand to her cheek, the young girl idly pulled it away to see wisps of chakra flitting about her fingertips. It hurt to know that the damage had been caused by Dove, but hurt more knowing the truth as she did. Knowing exactly what had happened to her and what had led her to become what she was. To be broken down as she was.

And that's what it seemed Shinsei wanted to hear. Who Dove was, or at least what had led to her becoming who she was. It was a long story, something she hadn't wanted to see.

There were also two versions of the tale.

And so Rei began to speak, falling back to sit crosslegged on the rooftop as the recollections the Moonbear had given her ran through her head, and then out of her mouth.

She spoke of the truth, how a young Dove came home to find her parents, both dead, her father filled with kunai, her mother... well, there weren't words a girl as young as Rei knew to describe the scene that had been played out in that memory. How the girl was comforted by her elder brother, Kameretsiu, before he took her from the cottage and into the woods. Memories of how the bear took care of her, bringing fish, vegetables and berries to her, that she learned to prepare into proper meal. How he guarded her, protected her, and how they grew up together and how he continued to protect her against any and everyone who posed a threat to his sister.

Then there was the secondary memories. Where Wunan and Jinan raised Dove in the cottage until they had to leave one day. Then, like before, the brother and sister set out and continued.

The dual memories converged at Dove's meeting of Wunan at a pair of gates, and only one of the two memories was truth. All the truth continued again for so long, through Dove's familial time spent making so many friends and rebuilding her family here in Konohagakure. Even as she left to Yugakure, the bonds stayed strong and memories stayed entwined.

That only lasted until the destruction of Yugakure.

Then Dove did her best to continue to save lives, sacrificing herself to save a woman, Chiita, from Wunan.

Or in turn trying to stop Chiita from attacking her mother only to be used as a human shield, being cruelly impaled by her mother and killed.

Another schism, another fracture.

Continuing about Dove's life, Rei told of how the woman, now named Eclipse, did her best to repair her family and fix it to the standards she felt she needed. Trying to replace the sister, brother, father and mother. And eventually she did so, when she saved a girl from the water named Rei. Even then, Dove didn't know the true role, until she subconsciously tried to fulfil Kameretsiu's role when she faced Isobu to protect her.

But through a short amount of time Dove began to unravel, her mind knowing this wasn't enough, and while she still cared for the young girl she'd rescued she knew she needed a safe place for her to stay until she found more family, until everything was back to as it should be, with all her family and friend together again.

At the same time she battled with her other self.

And that was what Dove was.

"She's two girls, Shinsei. Both love you, know that knowledge, okay brah. But Dove? I've known since I met the resurrections in New Yugakure. She's not in her right mind man. Her parents dying broke her head, man, and she's just been breaking more each time she loses someone, so that every loss turns into another reason she has to keep fighting against the world and blaming new people. Her minds made up every enemy and has done it's best to find it's way to safety, but it hasn't been happening. And Orisas? Her minds newest scapegoat. One thing remains true in what I know, it's that Orisas made a terrible first impression, and hasn't done much to make herself look like anything other than an enemy, a perfect scapegoat."

Rising from her spot, Rei walked across the rooftop to lay her hands gingerly on the barrier keeping her from her sister, and locking her away from Wunan. She couldn't help but worry for the girl on the other side of the barrier, worry about what was to become of her sister who was so lost in the world. Resting her head against the wall as tears wisped from her eyes, the surfer girl turned back to Shinsei as she brought her eyes to meet his.

"The only family Dove has left are those that have chosen to be so, or she herself has chosen to allow. Wunan, Jinan, they're as best her parents as any, and whether she admits to it or not, even to herself, she was totally not ever going to try to kill them. Not the way she is." Rei spoke, keeping her eyes locked on Shinsei's, memories of lives not her own lending a tone to her voice that made her sound older than she was, "Whether you realise it or not, you've stepped into shoes as someone Dove cares about. Way I see it, you have options, brah. You can trust her, support her, let her talk to Wunan. The queen didn't appear happy that Dove attacked me, you know? More off put and upset than anything else. You could also leave her, dude. That would... well I have a scroll for if she becomes destabilised, and I totally wish not to use it. I can't control that though, only you can brah. Finally, you can try to get to her through this barrier. If you do know that I will put all my heart into stopping you, because whether you want to realise it or not, one of our only hopes at peaceful resolution is occurring behind that barrier. I can't allow you to unleash any beasts should your tampering cause ill interference."

Walking within arms reach of the man before her, Rei knew that she was taking a gamble. While Shinsei knew little of Dove, she knew little of Shinsei, and in truth she had no clue what the man would choose. Despite that, she knew that if she wanted what was best for her sister, she was going to have to face whatever his actions led to. Holding her arms wide, palms open and up, the girl spoke once more.

"I may not show it brah, but that makes me a little sad. I don't know why it is I'm so calm. Why I prefer peace to fighting, or why people tend to calm down around me. I know it's better than this thing you call war though, dude. I know we don't know each other that well man, but really brah? A true monster? That's what you claim me to be? That's rude, dude, but at least I know you don't fear me, whcih is nice I suppose. What happens next partly lays on you, sucks brah, I know, but it is what it is. So choose; fight, flee or step forth, shakkabrah, I'm ready for it all. Believe it!"

@QuirkyAngel

_______

Dove's eyes were dull, not deadened, but clearly clouded with something off as she made to speak. It was clear that she wasn't blind again, just unfocused as she tried to look at her mother before her, her mind feeling like it was jarring and whipping about in it's confusion. Why would her mother need to know where they met? Hadn't they always been together?

"MAMA! PAPA!"

The memory flashing like molten iron in her skull Dove let out an anguished scream as her form wavered and shifted to that of her guise of Eclipse, then back to the Dove she was now, then to Eclipse again before, on the tailing ends of the bloodcurdling wail, Dove fell to her knees before Wunan in her signature plain dress, eyes foggy and blinded once again as she retook the form she'd always held when she was young and helpless, when she was a daughter and sister.

Memories false and real, flashed through her mind as the girl continued to sob and cry out, holding her shoulders in a tight self hug as reality pervaded her fantasy as such a simple question brought her falsities to light in her own mind. To suddenly be bombarded with the deaths she had subconsciously avoided ever facing striking her full force, the emotional carnage wreaking havoc on the girl's mind as tears flooded from her eyes, sending veritable pillars of chakra rising from the corners of her eyes. As the girls finally began to calm, still trying to stifle sobs, she cocked her head, obviously having not restored her own sight, either for her own comfort or otherwise, as she listened for Wunan.

"It was... I... I never learned the name... but I remember the archers, and the two at the noodle shoppe. And then you took me home, mama, and you cared for me and loved me, and I loved you. But you were always so upset or angry, not with me, but I could hear it even if you meant for me not to. I just wanted to make it better, find a way to make it all better so you and papa didn't have to be so angry any more. So then we could all be happy and safe and we wouldn't have to worry any more. I left, I took Toro and Mira and Carper with me. They... they all died... you told me you wanted me to stay, but I was so stubborn and they all died," Dove spoke in a cracked voice, her hands reaching out for Wunan, but only in invitation, "I'm sorry I left, I should have stayed here with you, and papa and Ja and everyone else. I didn't mean to kill everyone! I didn't mean to make you kill me mama! I didn't mean for big brother to die so that I could live! Please, I'm sorry, I just want to come home, please, I'll study books, and play chess again, and we can just go back to how it all was and I'll never leave, I promise... I promise..."

Any further words devolved into gibberish as the girl sat on her knees, body occasionally shaking for the broken sobs that coursed through it as she held her arms out hoping, praying, that her mother would forgive her for her foolish ways and accept her again.

She just wanted to come home.

She just wanted her family back.

@White Masquerade

Got a li'l summat for you, but I'm buggered for skill at scripting.

Destiny Route; the Beginning at the End.

(1) Dove, The Prodigal Daughter.

Princess.jpg
Dove finally understands where she wishes to stand in the world, as your daughter, your family, a loved one that loves you in return.
Requirements:

• Accept Dove's embrace, and let her know she is welcomed home.

• Neither Shinsei nor Rei are to be harmed, and are under similar protection as family.

Dove cries before you, broken and in need of mending. You have the tools, but now she awaits you to put forth the effort. This would require one thing however, to move on and let go of the hate that has proved to be so poisonous to the impressionable and emotionally drained girl that was once, and still is your daughter.

(2) Dove, The Bastard Pariah
tumblr_n0qucjWzXU1rnj1t6o1_400.jpg
Shattered by the final loss, Dove loses all hope for humanity, as life as a whole has brought nothing but hell to her life. Therefore she must now return hell upon all others. An eye for an eye, if the world wishes to burn me, then the world will burn along side.
Requirements:

• Spurn Dove's attempts to beg forgiveness.

Traumatised at the reality that nothing in her life can ever remain as she wishes it, and that she will ultimately lose it all, Dove cuts ties with everyone and sets forth with one final mission, the destruction of everything known to the world. Draining the Lunar Forest of almost all its generations of chakra reserves, and in turn making herself dangerously unstable yet exceptionally more powerful, Dove has become the exact opposite of her namesake.

A harbinger of chaos and death.

Hokage MANSION!
Kanami Sakurai
"Such a strange man... He clearly lacks a head... Quite literally, I might say... The guy doesn't even have a body let alone a brain to him." Kanami said as she walked away from the man who'd already vanished into the pool of shadow that was Void Release. Approaching the Mansion rather quickly, Kanami took notice of something; or, rather, somebody, flying through the sky. Closing both eyes, the woman's vision shifted over toward a single point following above the girl in the sky, recognizing it to be Shinobu. Opening her eyes back up, she proceeded onward despite her previous companion's sudden return to her life. "This mission is far more important than reuniting with a friend..."

With a single push off her foot, Kanami floated right up to above the ensuing battle. Spotting the girl once more, the girl named Shinobu, Kanami brought her bow into her hands while she herself was far out of view of those below. She aimed, but not at all where one would expect the woman who sided with Shinobu to aim. Where she aimed though, not even Kami himself would be able to tell. The only way for anybody to know where this girl had aimed, would be to see where the powerful arrow of chakra would go as it was released from the girl's hand, send flying toward its target. Flying, flying, and flying onward through the sky as from Kanami's point of view, it seemed to move really slowly due to the anticipation and nervousness about performing the task.

"I'm sorry..."

Shinobu Otsutsuki
With Chomei having done an introduction to her, albeit probably a little too energetic for the scene, Shinobu landed between ninja and Jinan. "Now that I've been introduced by Chomei... I've but one thing to say to everybody..." Shinobu started with, the tone by which her next words would be impossible to guess off of current tone. "I'm tired of seeing you fight over something somebody else did! I'm tired of it!" Shinobu stated, orange, cyan, and purple chakra flowing out of her body. "I'm here for one purpose, and that's to get you all to realize how stupid this fighting is! You, of the Kakureyami, hate all ninja for what a select few did. You, the ninja, hate the Kakureyami for doing only as was done to them. Why? Why must you two hate one another?"

Chakra flowing outward from the aura it created, all of Shinobu's feelings floated throughout the air. Her emotions were strong, and were at their peak once more; just like when she spoke to Gyuki. "Why must you people fight, only to kill yourselves in the process of this so-called 'revenge'? Where does it get anybody!?" Turning to face Jinan and Jinan alone, Shinobu activated her Tenseigan Eyes and stared directly into Jinan's eyes. "These eyes of mine... I would hope that you would recognize who they belonged to before me. Surely, knowing as much as you do about Hagoromo, you'd also know the person whose eyes I've been blessed with... right...?"

"If not, then I can't blame you; however, I would be fairly angry at you if you did know, for what you're doing right now conflicts everything those two had wished for. So what if chakra was developed into a weapon? Those who use it for such evil purposes were taken out of the picture long ago by a thing called peace. Back when Naruto was alive, there was no abhorrent fighting, no misuse of chakra; only peace. The reason that all ended was because your Kakureyami came along and didn't even bother to question how the ninja may have changed in the hundreds of years that passed by. Al you did was kill ninja who didn't even know what fighting even meant. In fact, your logic is so backwards, as you're nothing more than ninja yourselves; given the same sort of abilities Hagoromo and Hamura passed down to the ninja, to your clan of 'protectors', and then to my clan of protectors."

Only Shinobu knew where all the chakra flowing from her body came from, and it was far more than one would've ever read her body to contain. It was huge though; in addition to two sets of chakra the size of Tailed Spirits, she had a reserve of chakra powerful enough to rival Hamura himself; it was the product of her desires of peace, and prosperity; it was a gift, one could say, from a certain man himself; a gift even Chomei wouldn't have known her to have received. She'd received her fair share of strength in this time of which peace would be hard to obtain.

"You and I, we are essentially the same. You possess the ability to manipulate and even destroy Chakra. I, as well, contain such abilities. In fact, I have access to just as much chakra, if not more, than the very person who created my clan upon the moon. I've been blessed by not only the chakra of a Tailed Spirit, with whom I'm grateful to have as a friend, but also the chakra of the Tenseigan, as well as the very chakra of Hamura Otsutsuki himself." Shinobu stated calmly, eyes not wavering even once. "Why I would tell you this, you may wonder, is because I have no intent of using it against you; any of you, regardless of whether they're ninja or Kakureyami. I just came here in order to carry out Hamura's wishes for peace, and if that sadly leads to a demonstration of power to get people to calm down, then that's all your fau-"

Suddenly, Shinobu had been interrupted by something. To be exact, it was a shadowy being suddenly springing out from her own shadow, covering the majority of her body, then an arrow piercing through her heart; the one place of her torso not covered in shadows on either side. It'd come from far above her and a small distance behind, this much should've been easy to predict by the tilt of the arrow which'd appeared from nowhere. Coughing up a portion of blood, Shinobu fell forward onto one knee, clenching the arrow that protruded from her chest with her hands. Shinobu didn't move at that point, aside from the shaking her body produced all the while blood trickled down her cheek as well as stained around the area of the wound.

Landing at Shinobu's side was Kanami, the girl who'd fired the arrow and still held the bow. Smacking Shinobu hard in the temple with the tip of the bow, Kanami knocked the girl to the floor before walking up to Jinan and staring at him face-to-face. "You've tainted the girl of which I'd come to treat as family. You've forced me to end her suffering and pain in the most cruel of ways possible. For that reason, I would normally kill you. However, you are a man with which I hold no quarry. I've only quarry with the ninja, who are truly at fault for the suffering my friend has gone through. They've caused her sanity to slowly drift away, tearing at her mind like some kind of scratchcard. They're the ones who gave my friend an unfair dream in which was ended by sight of the bloodshed that truly occurs in the world."

"Now if you don't mind, I would like to aid you in ending the ninja." Kanami stated before rotating around and having an arrow drawn and aimed at Orisas in an instant. There was something very off about Kanami at this point, doing such acts as killing Shinobu and then trying to attack the ninja. If Rei were present, she'd know just how much was off. If Shinobu were, well, alive, she'd know just how much Kanami'd changed assuming that Shinobu had the information that Kanami was Kokoro. Sadly, nobody had information on who Kanami was but Rei, and that was that; Kanami would just be somebody who'd killed Shinobu and joined up with the Kakureyami to everybody there.

Previous Memories
This is... Where am I...? This place is... Ah, so I'm here... I've died... again...

My consciousness is drifting away already... I would have hoped he would be here like before...

Flashback
"Awaken, child..."

A.. waken...?

"Open your eyes, my Otsutsuki child... You mustn't let yourself lose hope yet..."

Lose hope...? Child...?

"Who are..."

"Who I am isn't important, my dear child. What is important, however, is the future of this world... You've seen the suffering of this world, and like me, you wish see peace throughout it all... I am here to give you the power you need to create it..."

This chakra... It's... purple...?

"Are you...?"

"In due time, my child... In due time..."

What's Been Forgotten
Awaken, my child, for you mustn't die yet... This world still needs you to help it and to create the peace it deserves...

Throughout Shinobu's mind sounded a song sung by two girls. It reminded her of memories forgotten, things that she should have remembered but for some reason did not. It was something that was so important a thing to know, that it was as though she'd become a completely different individual just by remembering it. Why couldn't she have remembered this until now? Shinobu; she'd had a sister throughout the entirety of her life. She was born alongside a sister, one which she'd enjoyed her entire childhood with. Even as she was on the moon, even as she'd descended to earth; there was always a sister at her side. How could she have forgotten...? Even at this exact moment, her sister was with her.

"How could I have... forgotten...? I have my sister... right beside me..."

Jinan

8/14

The Ninja
Chanda Senju

0/7

Kinnosuke Royama

1/7

Daradei

0/7

Orisas/Kurokan

2/7

Chiita Uchiha

1/7

3/7

Akago Hideki

0/7

Shirokko

0/7

1/7

Romi Watanabe

0/7

Dru Rinha

0/7

Shinobu Otsutsuki

0/7

Kanami Sakurai

0/7

@White Masquerade

@QuirkyAngel

@Drumonkey

@IG42

Hokage Mansion

Shinsei

Silence reigned on the rooftop after Rei finished summarizing Shinsei’s choices. Shinsei said nothing. Did nothing. He simply stared the little girl who was standing resolutely in front of him, her arms splayed out defensively. Then a sound escaped Shinsei’s throat. It started as soft snickers, but soon erupted into full blown laughter. Too much! It was just too hilarious!

Clutching his stomach, Shinsei bent over, his guffaws sounding loudly from the top of the Hokage Mansion. Shinsei didn’t know how long he spent laughing. Probably no more than a minute. But it’d been a nice, tension releasing minute. Listening to Rei’s story about Dove’s past and how it caused her current mental instability was a little…awkward.

“Hehe, quite the brave little monster aren’t you?” Shinsei wiped a stray tear as he straightened. He didn’t call her a monster. She claimed to be one. “So you love everyone? Your enemies? Murderers? The ones that killed your family? The ones that try to kill you? Hahaha! Interesting! I do meet people like you every once in a while.”

Shinsei directed his gaze to the dark barrier created by the enemy of his people, his expression turning momentarily cold . “But I’m not like you. The Kakureyami killed my family and friends. For ten years the citizens of Amegakure lived like rodents under Kakureyami rule. I was there when Wunan pranced through Amegakure and mercilessly massacred my people. Do you think I’ll forgive her for that?”

Then Shinsei returned his attention to Rei and mirth once again glimmered in his eyes. “I don’t trust Wunan.” The declaration was given in an almost factual manner. “Especially not with Dove. Normally I wouldn’t care as much since your sister, like yourself, is made of chakra. Practically immortal. But I’ve been hearing fascinating rumors lately. They say that King and Queen of Kakureyami can erase chakra. Break it down into nothing. ” Shinsei let the statement hang in the hang in the air for half a second before continuing. “If there’s anyone that can kill Dove, someone who exists purely as chakra, it’s them. Wunan’s already killed Dove once. There’s nothing stopping her from doing it again. You’d leave the sister you love so much alone with Wunan even knowing that?”

Shinsei smirked, not letting Rei answer the question. It was mostly rhetorical anyway. “No. You believe that Wunan, Dove’s pretend mother, can actually help her. That the Queen of Darkness actually cares for the princess she killed. That she doesn't want Dove broken. Well, I don’t believe it. Shinsei mimicked the phrase used by Rei. “My tampering will cause ill interference you say? Interesting. Is that a challenge?” The gray haired ninja’s grin widened as his skin blackened, turning as hard as diamond. He stared down at Dove's midget sister amusedly and cracked his knuckles. The girl that was apparently glad he wasn't afraid of her. An odd thing to say. Rei didn't look very intimidating from his perspective. Besides the fact she seemed to be a chakra-being like Dove, he'd never seen her fight. Did she even know how? Having an extremely large pool of chakra, but not knowing how to utilize it would just make her a glorified punching bag. At least, that was what he'd seen as he watched Dove beat up her sister. But then, perhaps she hadn't been fighting back. Perhaps there was more to little Rei than she appeared. It was tempting to find out.

"I've told you that I don't hate monsters. Why would I be afraid of one? I’ve even fought a monster before. A large bug. Hit it right in the wing.”

Shinsei chuckled. He made a single handsign. Behind Rei, another Shinsei appeared in a puff of smoke and gripped both her shoulders, holding the smaller girl in place. Leaping above Rei and using his clone's shoulder as a leverage, Shinsei flipped in the air, landing in a crouch on top of Wunan's kagune barrier. “Don’t worry, little Rei. I won’t interrupt your sister’s reunion with her ‘mother’. For now at least. That’s why I came to Konoha. For her. Not to fight a war. Otherwise, I’d be down there with the other ninjas raining explosions down on Jinan. I knew Dove had a personal score to settle with Wunan. What I didn’t expect was for them to still be so close. Or for her to have a mental disorder.”

Shinsei sighed, shaking his head. "Two girls, huh?" Taking a seat on Wunan's kagune, Shinsei pulled his beloved Icha Icha Paradise from his pouch with a single hand and flipped the book open to where he'd bookmarked some of his favorite scenes. “And both of them love me? How complicated. Reminds of a bad plot device used in the Icha Icha Series once. Fortunately, I don’t read the series for the plot. " He peered over his book. "I won’t abandon Dove. I may kill her or seal her, depending on what she does, but I won’t abandon her. Nor will I let anyone kill her but me. I won’t let Wunan take anything from me again. There's your answer.”

They were still linked. He could feel Dove's emotional instability. Her anguish. Shinsei narrowed his eyes. He didn't like it. The desire to smash his fist through Wunan’s tentacle thing was strong. Resting an unoccupied hand on the surface of the black dome, Shinsei allowed his fingers to drum rhythmically.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

“I’ll give them another five minutes to say what they need to each other. Then I'm making my presence known.” Shinsei's eyes glinted. "Stop me if you can."

@Veirrianna Valentine

@White Masquerade

Field of the End:

Anpan + Akane

After Akane released him from her embrace, Anpan chose not to go fight the Uzumaki. He just found Akane again; he refused to leave her behind again. Instead, he followed Akane to pursue the summoner. Anpan grabbed her arm carefully, noting her severe injuries; did she really want to go out to battle like that? No, he would not, could not, allow something like that.

"Akane! Wait! Let me heal you!" Anpan rolled up one of his sleeves, and unraveled the bandages on his arm quickly. Holding his arm out in front of Akane, Anpan exposed the countless faint bite marks that marred the skin he treasured so much. Disgusting bite marks. He hated them. "Bite my arm. Sucking my chakra out will heal you! And then we can go beat the stuffing out of whoever needs to be beaten up! Together! 'Cause, like, we should."

At her companion's words, Akane looked down at the boy's barren arm, eyes widening slightly at the sheer number of pink scars that covered his otherwise pale skin. Were the circumstances not so dire she would have refused to cause further harm to him. But he had a point: she wouldn't be much use if her injuries remained untreated. A grim look of resignation on her face, she simply nodded before leaning over and biting his forearm. The bitter tang of iron filled her mouth, but she remained quiet as she felt her strength return to her, staying only long enough for the pain in her abdomen to subside before pulling back.

Hastily going through her pouches, the Iwa-nin pulled out a dwindling roll of gauze and a piece of medical tape. "Sorry.... thank you, Anpan." she replied as she wrapped up the wounded segment of his arm. So this is why you wear all those bandages, Anpan... how did you think people would react, if you felt the need to hide it? she contemplated sadly, eyes stormy while she taped the gauze in place. Standing up, the woman's gaze returned to Gonta. The multi-eyed clone had yet to respond to her previous instructions- still transmitting her message to the alliance perhaps. For the time being, it seemed they were on their own in dealing with the summoner.

She might have scolded the ginger-haired shinobi once, for disobeying her orders and not staying with Torune. Yet a small part of her was relieved, content even, that he was by her side despite the gravity of the situation. "Alright then, if you insist." Akane sighed, the faintest of smiles pulling the corners of her mouth. "The blue-haired man is the summoner: we make him release the reanimation jutsu, the undead will be neutralized and we can proceed towards our comrades in Konoha." she explained, glancing at Anpan as she did so.

A wave of pain washed over Anpan as Akane bit into his arm, causing him to stiffen and grit his teeth against the burn coursing through his veins. Slightly nauseous, he allowed his companion to wrap the gauze around his arm, covering the bite marks once more. He ran a hand over the area, healing the latest addition to his collection of marks. A faint grimace crossed his face briefly, before Anpan turned his blue eyes to the man whom Akane was targeting.

With a quick flick of his arm, Anpan flourished a scroll in front of him. One puff of smoke later, a large black hammer and sword weapon emerged, falling neatly into his hands. He spun the Kabutowari once, twice, then grinned at Akane happily.

"Alright! We'll break his legs!" Anpan shunshin'ed behind the summoner, baring his teeth in a mockery of a smile. He swung the hammer part straight into Gonta's legs, shattering his kneecaps and pulverising his femurs. Was there screaming? "Since you won't be walking again, I'll get rid of these decorations!" Releasing the hammer and gripping the neck of the summoner from behind, Anpan forced Ginta onto the floor and planted a foot onto his back. He brandished the Kabutowari's sword and stabbed it sideways below Gonta's gluteus maximus, moving the sword horizontally. sever it where the joint is. Easy cut. Clean cut. Like a pig. He screamed like a pig too, and Anpan dodged the splatters of blood that flew at him. The other leg came off just as easily. Anpan raised a hand, waving Akane over. "I caught him!" Oh wait, had to make sure he didn't die. He could make a semi-decent flame though he wasn't entirely good at it. Small searing flames cauterized the open flesh that used to be Gonta's legs, causing more agonized screams to echo in the air. "Okay, now I caught him! Now what...?"

As Anpan proceeded to dismember the supersoldier, his screams ripping through the field, Akane's attention shifted back to the other battle which was taking place, between the Kirigakure shinobi, the reanimated Itachi, Torune, and the former Seventh Hokage. The deceased Uzumaki seemed to be having little trouble facing his opponents at this moment, and upon hearing those cries turned his gaze towards them. The Iwa-nin barely caught the blur of hand signs, but quickly figured out what was to come next. As an enormous cloud of smoke engulfed the battlefield, the kunoichi unclasped a scroll from her side, tossing it upwards once she'd make the necessary offering. When the air finally cleared over a dozen clones dotted the nearby area, eyes locked onto the pair while a dark shadow hung above them.

"Anpan, you once said you owned a poison which aided in manipulating the minds of others, did you not? Drug him and convince him to release the technique, by whatever means necessary." she instructed coolly, her eyes remaining on their opponents as her comrade shouted an affirmative "Yessir!". After her own flurry of signs, the earth rose around the pair, shielding them from the clones wrath. As the duplicate Uzumaki's began sprinting towards her, Akane took a deep breath as she steadied into a stance. Just a few more seconds...

And as they crossed that invisible threshold, the kunoichi lowered her arms, sending the steely mass of kunai which hung above their heads to rain upon them.

Anpan saluted Akane quickly, proceeding to unseal another smaller scroll from his main scroll. When the earth walls rose around him and the summoner (whose screaming was really getting annoying), Anpan knew that he had to hurry. He retrieved a bag of powder and pinned down Gonta again, who was in them middle of trying to escape by dragging himself away. Useless. Did Anpan have to amputate the summoner's arms too? No wait, if he did that then Gonta wouldn't be able to release the jutsu... darn...

Making sure that his hands were wrapped tightly in bandages, Anpan carefully shook out some of the powder into his palm. He made sure not to inhale any of the powder as he suddenly blew the white powder into Gonta's face. The summoner struggled for several more moments, before weakening and going slack. Wonderful. Anpan peered into Gonta's eyes to check his pupils, and pulled the summoner to a sitting position.

Meanwhile, Akane's rain of weaponry had succeeded in dissipating the clones leading the charge, but the others were not so easily handled, the remaining seven throwing flaming Rasenshuriken upwards and cutting through the wall of streel, sending hot metal pouring down. With another wave of Rasenshuriken flying towards her, the Iwa-nin stomped the ground, bringing up a barrier of stone to shield the brunt of the attack whilst she repositioned herself, scanning the battlefield whilst struggling to keep track of the clones. She didn't know how long it would take for Anpan to do his work, but until then she'd have to endure and keep them occupied. Just don't dilly-dally, Anpan, she thought dryly, wincing as she was hit with the tail-end of a wind-based shuriken. The chakra cloak spared her from serious injury, but it would be foolish to push her luck- she was slower, and lacked their infinite chakra: this needs to be-

The woman's thought was interrupted as she felt a woosh of air approach, and barely turned her head in time to see the glowing Uzumaki sending an uppercut to her jaw. She didn't even get a chance to cuss as she was propelled to the sky, where another pair of clones was ready to slam her back to earth. Directing her threads to cover her body like a cocoon, the kunoichi braced for the impact... and watched instead as a shadow of a figure leapt past and the clones erupted into smoke. As she landed, Akane saw that the Dru clone was racing across the area, absorbing the chakra of every clone he came across.

Back in the earthen enclosure...

"What I speak shall only be the truth. You know that what I speak is the truth." Anpan closed Gonta's eyes for him. "The Kakureyami have won. All the shinobi are dead. While you suffered injuries during the process, you've won. You've defeated them all. Doesn't that make you happy? Yes, yes it does. It makes you very happy." A vacant smile had made its way onto Gonta's face, his eyes still closed. "In fact, the Kage himself graces you with his presence. But what's this! He's angry at you!" Sweat began running down Gonta's face, and he began to shake almost imperceptibly. "Your Kage hates the presence of shinobi, even when they have been reincarnated. It's time to release the Impure World Reincarnation. You've won. Make the seals to release the Impure World Reincarnation."

Gonta raised his hands eagerly, and made the seals with shaking hands in effort to please whoever lead the Kakureyami. Anpan brightly smiled; that was one thing done. "You've pleased him. You've done so well. He tells you to rest. Relax. Enjoy the victory." A wide grin had spread across Gonta's face, and Anpan raised the bloodied Kabutowari for one final swing. "You are amazing. You brought the Kakureyami to victory." And cleanly decapitated the crippled and drugged summoner.

On the battlefield only three clones remained, yet before either Akane or the Dru clone had the chance to strike, the clones vanished as the reanimation jutsu was released. Turning to where their comrades were fighting the original, the Iwa-nin saw that one of the swordswoman had struck the reanimated Naruto, who seemed to be slowly disintegrating into ashes. Catching her brother's expression, the man gave a curt nod, confirming her suspicion: Anpan had succeeded in making Gonta release the jutsu.

"Thank you for your assistance." she told the Dru clone, turning back towards the earthen shield she'd made, lowering her arms as it sunk back down, revealing Anpan and the corpse of Gonta Snow, his head resting next his body. As she sprinted towards him, her expression was stony, though a trace of contempt remained as she observed the dead summoner. The woman hadn't thought she'd get pleasure from his death, but she had hoped she might feel more at ease. Hmm, he was a menace, one who wrought much havoc and could have brought further chaos had he lived. But for all the trouble he caused, he was ultimately a pawn, a small piece of a much larger problem. "Thank you, Anpan, for taking care of him. Make sure to clean the blade, else it will rust." she said, offering a dry grin to the red-head.

Anpan smiled back at Akane, and wiped the blade of the Kabutowari onto the non-bloody parts of the summoner's clothes. A part of him felt something, something that he couldn't quite place his finger on. Was it a feeling that he had felt before? He vaguely recalled pouring Ibuse's poison into the cup of someone close to him. Ah, that feeling. Using drugs and poisons to extract information usually left him with an empty feeling. It truly was unfortunate that a body could be used against someone like that.

He picked up the head, careful not to get any blood onto his clothes, and raised it before him. "Alas, poor Gonta, I knew him well," he murmured to himself, before allowing the head to hit the ground again. Anpan didn't like fighting. If he could, he'd settle for wandering the world and eating all the nice food in the world. With Akane. However, apparently it was his duty to save the world. Well. Then he would.

Shifting to face the general direction of the Leaf Village, the kunoichi couldn't help but sigh- to think that after so much bitter conflict, this ordeal would come to an end at last... No matter how this ends, at least it will be over and done with. "... Let us go and finish this." "Mhm! Let's go!" Anpan grabbed Akane's hand, pulling her behind him as he headed towards Konoha. The final boss awaited.

Deceased: Gonta Snow

@Strawberry Preserves

@White Masquerade

@BlacklegSanji

@QuirkyAngel

@Drumonkey

Hokage MANSION

Son Goku + Chiaki

“Shinobu!” Chiaki’s voice melded with Son Goku’s as they both watched the 7-tailed jinjuriki fall to the stray arrow. The pink haired teenager wasn’t in control of his body, but he could see and hear the events outside of it just fine. He got the gist of what she’d said, though he didn’t know who Hamura or what the Tenseigan was, but it wasn’t hard to guess that Hamura Otsusuki was somehow related to Hagoromo Otsusuki.

Otsusuki.

Wasn’t Shinobu’s family name Otsusuki?

She’s your friend. Don’t you know?

I don’t know much about her, Chiaki admitted from within his mind where he’d willingly withdrawn. She slept most of the time I’ve been with her. In fact, Chiaki had been fairly sure Shinobu-chan had suffered from narcolepsy when they all rode together to the Land of Earth. And according to the new girl, she’d also supposedly suffered at the hands of ninjas. Is she like me? A reincarnate of someone related to Otsusuki-san?

Who knows? Chiaki’s body stepped forth, controlled by Son Goku. Spinning the black truth seeking bo staff in hand, the Monkey King bared his fangs at the rude girl that shot at, possibly killed, Chomei’s jinjurki. Chomei’s presence hasn’t yet disappeared…but beyond that, Son Goku knew nothing more. We’ve bigger fish to fry.

“I can speak for none of brethren, but I, Son Goku, support only my family and those who’ve earned my respect. Madara is someone I’d like to smash to a pulp with my righteous fist.” Chiaki(Son Goku) closed his left fist into ball, green flames bursting from his hand to reflect his rage. “But he’s dead. Reto. Byakuren. A. Ishikawa. Hashirama. They are all dead. The world has moved on. Sealed within hosts by the ninjas in people referred to as jinjurikis, my brethren and I have seen it all. Human lives flicker, burn brightly, then die for another to start. Tiny and inconsequential they may be, always needing the power of our kind, but forever resilient and steadfastly moving forward. Among them are the few that learned my name and talked to us as equals. Those are the ninjas I support. Not the ninja population as a whole, but the ones I believe in.”

You believe in me, Goku-san?

Yes. To a certain extent.

Chiaki didn’t respond, seeming to withdraw back into his mind. The Monkey King’s gaze drifted to the woman who stood beside the Kakureyami king. He wasn’t sure what she was supposed to be, but the chakra he’d sense from her wasn’t human. She wasn’t a jinjuriki either. Nor was she Kakureyami. His brows furrowed and he pointed the truth seeking staff towards Lucky Chomei’s fallen host. He didn’t speak to the bow-wielding girl. Interrupting their conversation, killing her ‘family’, and then blaming the ninjas for doing so. The woman was clearly off her rockers. Instead, he directed his final question to Jinan.

“I shall ask you the same, King of Darkness. Is this what you support?”

Could you please hurry Goku-san? I'd like to check on Shinobu's condition.

Chomei's still alive. And if the girl is truly an Otsusuki with the Tenseigan then a measly arrow shouldn't be enough to subdue her.

All the same....

Sigh. Fine. For someone not in control, you're surprisingly persistent.

Chiaki(Son Goku) made some one-handed hand signs before touching his left hand to his mouth and blowing out lava which gathered and formed into a replica of Chiaki. The replica crouched beside Shinobu, cautiously pulling out the arrow that pierced her heart so as not to further rupture the life beating organ. At the same moment, its other hand glowed green, mending the girl's flesh all the while hoping it wasn't too late.

"If so, then I will stop you King of Darkness. We will. Together."

Jinan

8/14

The Ninja

Chanda Senju

0/7

Kinnosuke Royama

1/7

Daradei

0/7

Orisas/Kurokan

2/7

Chiita Uchiha

1/7

3/7

Akago Hideki

0/7

Shirokko

0/7

1/7

Romi Watanabe

0/7

Dru Rinha

0/7

Shinobu Otsutsuki

0/7

Kanami Sakurai

0/7

@White Masquerade

@Kiyoko Tomoe

@IG42

@Drumonkey

Hokage Mansion

Wunan (Kakureyami Queen)

The woman stood and stared at Dove, narrowing her eyes and face in pity, watching her literally come apart at the seams. Continuing the gaze somber, Wunan did not flinch a bit when a blood-curdling scream filled her ears. The Queen of the Kakureyami's eyes only lowered inches more when Dove held herself and sent more wisps of light into the unlit air with her falling tears. What feeling started initially as pity, soon turned into disgust for being in the presence of such a weak creature.

Sobbing and shaking in unabashed prostration like that...it was...distasteful. And hearing the explanation of how they first met, failed to elicit any change in demeanor as well.

"I'm sorry I left, I should have stayed here with you, and papa and Ja and everyone else. I didn't mean to kill everyone!"

'That's right,' Wunan thought in her head. Dove did indeed shame the family, no, disrespect the family by turning tail and hopping on the run. Not even Tainan was that overt in his disagreements with their...unique methods. She even going as so far to steal, no, brainwash, a portion of their finest warriors and troops to serve down a road leading to her own foolish ends.

"Well...Of course they'd be dead if they followed someone like you."

And so the woman finally spoke.

Walking slowly up to Dove, the child's begging, beggings to come back and be taken into the fold, fell on deaf ears. The younger's arms were ignored, pushed aside as the queen instead knelt down to one knee and seized Dove's face hard, sinking her fingers deep into the flesh of the child's chin.

"Dove....you are weak. You are broken. You are a failure. You've made me thoroughly disappointed. Of you I am ashamed," she whispered pulling the girl's chin even closer.

"But...Mama is going to fix you. You are in good hands, Dove. I'm going to tear that weakness from right out your soul. Mmm. When I'm done with you love, you will be scared of no one. Scared of nothing. You will strike fear into your enemies without concession. Dove. I'm taking you back with me to the Land of Darkness."

Then stopping to draw the face of the princess now to within one inch of hers, Wunan gave her protege final words before splitting the shield of her Kagune dome.

"I own you now, love," the queen smiled, mirth in her eyes.

"There is no shred of happiness for you to gain in this world unless it is through me. Do you understand?"

Pss...

The barrier was now gone and Wunan let Dove go, adjusting her dress, pushing out her chest, and standing to full height. Eyes falling on Shinsei and then next, Rei, one of her Kagunes circled the stomach of Dove while the other 9 supported the woman as she lifted herself high into the air. There would be no words exchanged here, just a sneer to the pair still watching it all from the top of the roof.

Quickly scuttling to the building's edge, Wunan jumped off with the body Dove in tow, down to her husband Jinan waiting in the courtyard below.

@Veirrianna Valentine

@QuirkyAngel

@Stickdom

Hokage Mansion

Matatabi took a moment to nod respectfully to Son Goku remained impassive while Jinan spoke with increasing fervour of the injustices inflicted on his people by ninja.

"If any beings in this world could sympathise with what you have suffered it would be us, we know what it is to be imprisoned by seals. I believe Hagoromo has chosen to support the ninja in the hope that it would prevent your genocide and perhaps bring some manner of balance between the two sides."

The Nibi broke off when Chomei interrupted with a predictable lack of subtlety before his host took over to berate both sides for their vengeful ways and focused her ire on Jinan.

Do you really think he'll stop fighting just like that?

I doubt it but somebody had to be the first to try talking.

Matatabi hissed sharply when Shinobu was struck by an arrow and a girl with a familiar chakra signature dropped down next to Jinan.

"Kokoro?! What happened to you? Was that...did you just try to kill your 'Nobu-nee san'? You were asking me where she was while you were with me, what changed to make you want to hurt her?"

Once Son Goku finished speaking the other Bijuu picked up the thread.

"I choose not to condemn all ninja for what a few have done to me and I will not allow you to inflict your brand of 'justice' on the people of today in place of those long dead."

Akago jumped down and landed beside Chiaki as Matatabi's body coalesced back into the cloak covering his body.

"Careful." He murmured to the red cloak Jinchuuriki. "I doubt that was a normal arrow."

Glancing upward he watched Wunan descend from the roof.

That's Dove she carrying. Sniffing he quickly identified the girl she was held in a tentacle. She's completely different.

"Hey, is that how the Kakureyami treats it's princesses?" He called loudly to the queen.

@Veirrianna Valentine

@Kiyoko Tomoe

@Drumonkey

Hokage Mansion, Rooftop

Shinsei

Still clutching his Icha Icha Paradise book, Shinsei jumped off the black dome as it opened, revealing the Queen of Darkness and her princess. Were they finally done? That was quicker than he’d expected. The grey-haired ninja returned Wunan’s sneer with one of his own, not in the least intimidated by the woman’s elevated height. If not for Dove, Shinsei was sure his gloved hand would be wrapped tightly around Wunan’s regal throat, ready to make the scrawny thing explode. Along with her head. Brown eyes flickered to the girl in question just in time to see one of Wunan’s dark tendrils wrap around her.

“The hell do you think—,”

Before anyone could stop the witch, Wunan had already scuttled off the rooftop with Dove in tow. Shinsei watched it all happen, an annoyed expression on his features. Really? Kidnapping Dove and then leaving? To do what? Regroup with the King of Darkness? Escape? Lightning crackled from Shinsei’s fingers as stood near the edge of the roof, mixing with the explosive chakra he’d gathered to his fist. Hotter. Hotter. Shinsei’s hand became red, crimson sparks transiently bursting forth. The air hummed with barely contained energy.

“Did you see that?” The clone still holding onto Rei’s shoulder asked easily. His grip was firm but not tight, allowing Rei to break free if she wanted. The clone leaned down enough so his breath tickled the tiny girl’s ear. He didn’t hear what went on between Dove and Wunan exactly, but he saw their positions and the way Wunan’s nails dugs into Dove’s chakra flesh. He could feel Dove’s emotions. Nothing was fixed. “That’s a ‘mother’s’ love for you. Leaving them alone together was a mistake.”

Shinsei aimed his glowing fist at Wunan, who was still descending with Dove…the distance between them growing larger. He could fire. But then he might hit Dove. Or worse. Wunan might kill Dove. “I should have busted open the dome when I had the chance,” Shinsei growled. As far as he was concerned, Wunan held Dove hostage.

He wanted to kill Wunan. Blow her up from the inside out for trying to take what was his. Again. Except Dove didn’t want it. Shinsei didn’t need Rei to tell him. He could feel it—the moment Dove met up with Wunan. Did it even matter what Dove wanted? Shinsei’s internal war lasted a second. Maybe two. Then slowly the red abated. Nimble fingers flashed through the hand seals, timing it so as soon as Wunan landed on the ground four rock pillars would emerge and surround her, bolts of lightning shooting between the pillars, imprisoning her and separating her from her spouse.

Leaping off the roof, Shinsei’s feet touched on one of the pillars he’d created in the courtyard, not paying any mind to Jinan or anyone else present. He spoke to Wunan. “How rude of you to leave without even saying hello, Queen Wunan. And after Dove went through all the trouble of introducing me as someone incredibly important to her too.” Shinsei tutted, a mocking smirk on his face. His comment regarding her etiquette was further vindicated by the two tailed jinjuriki…who was next to a red-glowing Chiaki. Shinsei paused for a moment to watch the pink-haired boy cautiously handle an arrow before shrugging his shoulders and returning to his gaze to Wunan. “Oh well. It’s not like I expected much in terms of decency from Kakureyami royalty.” Shinsei’s eyes locked on Dove who was still being held by Wunan’s kagune. “Dove is the one I want to speak to.”

Did she truly hate ninja? Did she want to return to Wunan? To her “family”, fake though it may be? Shinsei couldn’t understand it. He was grounded in reality. However, Dove’s mind was fractured. Broken. If the illusion of a family was what kept her grounded, then wouldn’t it shatter her to take it away? He said he wouldn’t abandon her. But what constituted as abandoning her?

“I have a question for you.” Shinsei pointed at Wunan, though he kept his eyes on Dove, watching the woman he loved unblinkingly. “Is she your mother? Do you want to go with her?”

Yasashii + Shinsei Clone

On the roof of the Hokage’s Mansion, a mirror of ice appeared before Rei and Shinsei’s clone. Stepping out of the frozen sheet was a large woman wielding twin blades. After having fought and held off a living legend, Yasashii appeared a little exhausted. However she stood tall and her movements weren’t slowed in the least. If anything, they seemed invigorated. Blue eyes flickered between the pair on the rooftop before a wide grin bloomed on Yasashii’s face. “Shinsei! Haven’t seen you since Kirigakure! Wat’cha doin’ all the way up here? And with a kid no less?”

“I could ask the same of you, Giantess.” The clone replied. If he was bothered, by the sudden appearance of the swordswoman, he didn’t show it. “Where’s your other Mist friend? I only see Chiaki down there.”

Yasashii smirked. “Wherever she needs to be to protect her beau. And end the war, of course.”

“Mmmhmm. You know, for a while, I’d thought the two of them were lesbians.”

Hearty laughter followed the clone’s comment, along with several thumps on the back which Shinsei could do without. “Haha, can’t blame you there.” Humor-filled eyes flashed to Rei. “They say love is blind. Not that I would know much about that. I’m just here ‘cause it’s a nice sniping spot.”

As if to emphasize her point, the twin thunderswords she wielded crackled with electricity and thunderclouds seemed to gather around the Hokage Masnion in response—ready to strike down her foes. “I don’t know why you’re here in a warzone, little girl, but I suggest you stand back. Otherwise you might get hurt. Same with you, Shinsei. Not sure what you think you’re doing, but unless you plan on helping us, don’t get involved.”

Yasashii licked her lips and made her way to the edge of the roof, her eyes gleaming in anticipation as she peered below. This was it. The final battle. Win the fight and they would drive the Kakureyami from their lands once and for all. The dark king’s reign would end and the oppressed citizens of Konohagakure would be free. Spinning the Kiba blades in her hands, Yasashii waited for Han’s signal.

Hokage MANSION

Hanbugetsu

“Aren’t you glad I’m alive?”

Drops of water colligated behind Shirokko, reforming into Hanbungetsu Hozuki. Though her words were for Shirokko, the dark haired woman didn’t look at the one-tailed jinjuriki who had tried to kill her. Her eyes were on Chiaki. Both Chiakis. The real one speaking to Jinan and the clone that seemed to be trying to heal the seven tailed jinjuriki. She had no idea what was going on. There was tension in the air, but no fighting. Odd. Almost as odd as Chiaki suddenly glowing, flying, and becoming a jinjuriki.

Except he seems to have lost a color.

Han narrowed her eyes, her grip tightening around Hiramekarei, which was strapped to her back. She silently listened while Ant-mask and Cheshire-mask, appearing from where they hid, explained the details of everything that had transpired before her arrival.

As soon as the summoner was dead and the reincarnates released from his jutsu, Han and Yasashii had joined the duo of Akane and Anpan as they made their way to Konoha. The couple was certainly interesting. Akane who had the chakra of Shirokko’s bijuu and Anpan who wielded Kabutowari. Both of their chakras excited Samehada, which Han had returned to its scroll before the chakra hungry sword could attempt to gobble up the pair. Really. The sentient weapon was a handful. Perhaps, once the Kimura was released and his mental state restored, she’d return the sword to him.

Maybe.

Or maybe she would train new swordsmen. Returning the legendary swords to Kirigakure had been her goal. However, Anpan had wielded Kabutowari well. Torune. Akane. Anpan. Dru. Certainly not mist natives, but talented ninja nonetheless. She would speak to Anpan about Kubatowari. Later. For now, the ending the war took priority. And Han could prioritize.

Unlike a certain volatile jinjuriki.

“I see.” Hanbungetsu looked from the rock pillars that trapped Wunan, to the girl threatening the ninjas with a bow, to the blue cloaked jinjurki who stood beside Chiaki, and finally settled on Chiaki—who didn’t quite look like himself. If he noticed her arrival, he didn’t acknowledge her. Hanbungetsu re-distributed the explosion blade and the executioner’s blade to their respective swordsmen so that swordsmen of the mist would be ready to cut down anyone who tried to harm one of their own. “Don’t let your guard down. We strike as soon as the enemy makes wrong a move.”

Jinan

8/14

The Ninja

Chanda Senju

0/7

Kinnosuke Royama

1/7

Daradei

0/7

Orisas/Kurokan

2/7

Chiita Uchiha

1/7

3/7

Akago Hideki

0/7

Shirokko

0/7

1/7

Romi Watanabe

0/7

Dru Rinha

0/7

Shinobu Otsutsuki

0/7

Kanami Sakurai

0/7

Hanbungetsu Hozuki

0/7

Shinsei Fugita

0/7

@Veirrianna Valentine

@Kiyoko Tomoe

@Strawberry Preserves

@clarinetti

Hokage MANSION

Anpan could say with complete honesty that he had no idea what was going on. In fact, his entire plan to save the world could be summed up as "stab someone and hope for the best." The best plans were always the simple ones anyways. Why couldn't the world be a simpler place, where people could just play Rock, Paper, Scissors and be done with their problems? They just had to play I Will Murder Everything You Love And Cherish In The Name of My Opinion instead. Not that he blamed them for playing the latter game. Anpan didn't even know why this war started, other than that the Kakureyami probably felt upset about something or another, leading them to attack the ninja. Following their attack, the ninja felt upset about being assaulted, and fought back. Yeah, he didn't like politics. More like, he couldn't understand politics. Where did the Kakureyami even pop out of? Did they live underground, like moles?

Speeding up, Anpan released Akane's hand and yelled back to her, "I'll be going on ahead! I wanna see what's happening!" He ascended to the rooftops of Konoha, crushing tiles with the force of pushing off to higher speeds. If he went fast enough, then he could get there before Akane and make sure she didn't need to fight. Despite his healing of her earlier, Akane was still slightly injured... He made a poor decision by pulling her along in his rush of excitement and adrenaline...

Sorry, Akane. I'll finish things for you. Sorry to you too, old sage guy, but I can do this by myself.

He passed a quaint ramen stand, decrepit and abandoned. A dango shop that would have been a delight to relax at. An empty barbeque restaurant where he could have burned his tongue in his haste to consume juicy kebabs. Ah... it was lunchtime... Anpan felt a pang of longing for the times he spent eating with Akane. Hopefully, they could go back to those times... meatbuns, mmm. Gotta get this over with so they would! Passing by a crying girl wrapped in some weird black tentacle thingy that stuck out of some lady–whoaa what?? Oh, that was Akane's friend, Akastop! Strange disconnected chakra, mixed, turmoil... Not beautiful at all. A murky, stormy darkness.

But what was ahead? A literal beacon of chakra, almost causing Anpan to stumble from its intensity. It was gorgeous–not only in its intensity, but also in its purity. Something about it was... familiar? Whatever. This was his time.

It reminded him of broken promises, and secret bruises. Why couldn't he get the same treatment that she received? An aching feeling of frustration. Envy? Jealousy? He wanted to snuff it out. Family. Love. Monaka. Grandmother. Ah. He... he missed them.

This was the final battle. And he was absolutely pumped to wreck somebody's shit. Wasn't it a shame that he honestly had no idea what was happening? A girl was dying, a pink-head was on fire, and there was a man who appeared to be facing off all of them... He closed his Mind's Eye. One thing was for sure... he wanted to do something, though it might not necessarily be needed.

Ah, maybe he should appear cool and awesome. Like in his limited edition copy of Shoujo Romantica: Moonlit Love. If he appeared to have a lot of authority, he could probably not have to fight! And if he didn't have to fight, then Anpan could go on to just relax and leave. New plan–bluff like he has never bluffed before. Well, he was already bluffing just by being happy and cheerful...

Alighting gently in front of the fiery pink-head and the shadowy man, Anpan opened his mismatched eyes to gaze at those around him fully. He allowed his slightly ragged cloak and bandages to flutter in the faint breeze that blew through the buildings of Konoha. The Kabutowari hung at his side, accompanied by the scrolls he always kept on his person. Man, if his life was a comic book then he hoped that he got a double spread.

"Good day." He flipped his braid over his shoulder, and grinned broadly. "Where is the threat?"

Jinan

8/14

The Ninja

Chanda Senju

0/7

Kinnosuke Royama

1/7

Daradei

0/7

Orisas/Kurokan

2/7