Naruto Rebirth: Kakureyami (Complete)

White Masquerade

QuirkyAngel's Red Oni
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Sunagakure (Destroyed)

latest_cb_20120901000709.png

Sunagakure (?????, Sunagakure no Sato,Literally meaning: Village Hidden by Sand) is the hidden village of the Land of Wind. As the village of one of the Five Great Shinobi Countries, Sunagakure has a Kage as its leader known as the Kazekage, of which there have been eight in its history. Being surrounded by desert offers the village a natural deterrent against invasion, as few foreign powers would be willing to endure the sandstorms and water scarcity common to Suna. Sunagakure itself lies in a fortified valley behind cliffs of rock, with passage in and out of the village restricted to a single cleft between two cliff faces, making the area very hard to attack from the ground. The buildings inside seem to be made of clay or stucco, which would help to keep the buildings cool.

When the Kakureyami came, they decimated the Land of Wind's already low population. The deadliness of the dark nation's lightning blitz, was further amplified by the way citizens of the Land of Wind lived. Instead of spread throughout the land like in other countries, a good portion of the population, made their home in Sunagakure. Bunched together, it was easy for the dark forces to round them up and carry out a massacre. Till this day, the Land of Wind's population has never recovered, not even in the slightest, as it remained the lowest by far, when compared to that of the other great nations before the events of the 3CM arc. Yet, with new information that has trickled down through the grapevine, it is clear that it is not the end of Suna's worries. The Kakureyami are set to invade the village, intent on genocide, and the time of their coming is at hand.

BURNED DOWN BY TORUNE KUROKAWA ; SUNAGAKURE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR TRAVEL.

cooltext159333522938580.png

Pure Land: The Afterlife

6257a9135bf69cbd869c7baae3e4fb55.jpg

The Pure Land, is the afterlife of Naruto, in which the souls of earthly beings generally reside in death. Souls that have been sealed, such as by the Dead Demon Consuming Seal, cannot enter the Pure Land until the seal has been released. Furthermore, only those souls that reside in the Pure Land can be reincarnated with the Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation, although they will have no memory of their time in the Pure Land. This plane of existence is so expansive, that it could literally hold everyone who has ever died...and ever will.

Having no formal structures such as buildings or houses whatsoever, Pure Land is a place that's primarily wilderness. Wide swaths of rolling mist, trees growing to gargantuan sizes, and terrain being dotted with lofty mountain peaks, make this world easy to get lost in. Many a deceased ninja reside in Pure Land. A few have had the good fortune of being able to meet up, but the vast majority, even over the course of 100 years, have never run into each other once. Here, nobody dies, nobody aches, nobody feels hunger; all just live on until the end of existence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted by Ookami

Shinra Tenshima

Shinra sighed in relief as his hands moved at lightning speeds to complete the sealing array.

"I need you guys to hold her still for a mere moment. I will be able to restrain her then."

Shinra stood up and jumped back so that he could gauge the transformed Shirokko and plan a counterattack. He began to draw seals to create a barrier in which to trap Shirokko. He began to draw the nine point shrinking barrier seal as the transformed Shirokko was held back by his companions. He quickly threw down the shrinking barrier as the Shukaku destroyed his initial barrier protecting the people who were holding the biju from rending him from limb from limb. The barrier began to slowly pull into itself, giving the Shukaku less and less area to move.

"Use your chakra to hold up the barrier. I'm going in!" Shouted Shinra.

~The sound of splintering and burning wood along with the disturbing scent of smoke,Had gotten the Kiri-shinobi attention Hanbungetsu came to the scene at a jogging pace to stop in front of the wreck that had been a hut.Tying back most of her black hair as she did hand sign,with a deep breath as water spewed from her mouth,curving around the wreckage of the hut dampening surviving structures in the sense of fire protection.While also using this water to exhaust any living embers or fires at ground zero of the huts,explosive detonation washing the scene down with a fair amount of water from her mouth.However stopping she now begun the task of working around the damp rubble calling out,now for anyone who might have been buried,and now water like a plant from Hans fire fighting."Hey anyone hurt ?,call out if you can hear me!"-she would yell out,as she kept a wary eyes out for any sign of the object that cause the seemly random explosion.She wasn't sure what had been stored in this hut ,it could been a armory for all she knew as she listen out for any cries for help from the rubble.~

Tremki just sat there watching as Shukaku was slowly concealed, he felt it best that he had hid himself for as long as possible. Although Tremki was saying no to go in, Samehada was saying otherwise.

"No, we're staying out of this one we have no idea what we're up against"

"...Even so, I can't just go in like that, what if he's much more powerful than I am? What then"

After a few minutes of arguing with himself, Tremki sighed and came to the conclusion "Fine.." he leaps off the branch landing down glaring at the man making the barrier, glaring at him with a somewhat ill intent "Remove the barrier, leave this to 'us' " he said in a very serious tone. Samehada was held in his right hand digging into the ground slightly as he held it, the blade was noticeably larger than Tremki and also held much more chakra than he did.

"Please, Sir," Chiaki repeated patiently to the old man who refused to leave his hut. "It's not safe to remain inside your home. There is a bomber on the loose in the camp."

However, the old man shook his head. Chiaki repressed the urge to sigh. He hoped Sumire-sensei brought 'Yupa-san' to the camp leaders soon so that they would be aware of the bomber and implement the proper safety measures. Chiaki had never really been good at giving orders--especially since his diminutive size and passive appearance wasn't exactly one of great authority. Fortunately, Chiaki had already thoroughly checked the old man's home and determined that there was no explosive tag.

Chiaki nodded. "Very well. However, please be careful of any suspicious person hanging outside your door. If you see anyone you suspect might be the bomber immediately notify a nearby shinobi."

Chiaki dashed out of the old man's hut. That had been the 4th hut he'd visited and, so far, he hadn't found any explosive tags. Chiaki hoped that meant the bomber had left after placing 2 explosive tags, though he knew that to be unlikely. Chiaki glanced up at the sky wondering if his friends were able to contain whichever jinjuriki had lost control. Shaking his head, Chiaki entered yet another hut.

Tsukiko ; the Rokubi Jinchuuriki

"Alright, let's try this one more time..." she muttered, holding up her hand, already focusing her chakra at her fingertips. The seventeen year old could already feel Saiken's amusement and it made her twitch slightly, therefore slightly losing her focus. So when she tried to send the technique forward, to make cut a branch off, all she received was a small explosion of air right in her face.

At that, the Rokubi burst out laughing inside her mind, leaving Tsukiko to fume silently. The two continued this way for a few minutes before Tsukiko finally gave up, snapping angrily. "What the hell, Saiken?!" she demanded, easily shifting her consciousness so that she was standing in front of his cell.

"Hm?" the six-tailed slug asked it's host. "Ore hasn't done anything..."

"Oh yeah, real convincing." Tsukiko growled before turning her back to the beast. "Whatever, just don't mess me up next time. If I can't figure out how to do this simple wind technique, I'll never be able to learn anything new." With that, the teen with the pale steel blue hair started walking away from the being trapped in her body.

Blinking a few times to refocus herself, Tsukiko took a deep breath before starting her training again. Luckily she'd been able to tune out all the noises of other shinobi who had gotten to this camp recently. They were a loud bunch. Their first day here only gave the girl a headache. Sighing, she focused again, holding up her hand and began concentrating her chakra. She would accomplish this technique today. No matter what!

As her confidence surged, the chakra filled air in front of her blew up again.

So maybe not today.

"DAMN IT!" she cursed, being unusually loud.

Saiken started chuckling once again, causing Tsukiko to grow even more angry. Until he actually spoke. "You're putting in too much chakra." he whispered.

Remaining frozen for a second, Tsukiko went over the process she'd been using to try and accomplish the wind technique and her eyes widened. Oh, she was an idiot! Of course! How had she missed that?!

"Ugh, okay, one more time, from the top."

Breathing deeply once again, she tried again, making sure not to add too much of her chakra. Breathing in, she let out her breath, and her arm shot out. "Blade of Wind!" she called, watching with growing excitement as the wind technique finally seemed to be working.

"Thank you Saiken!" she cheered, wrapping her arms around her middle in extreme excitement. "Thank you, thank you!"

Grinning at his hosts excitement, the Rokubi told her she was welcome. It was what they did. They worked together to help her grow stronger, so she wasn't on her own. Not completely.

Suddenly pausing in her excitement, Tsukiko turned to look at the general area behind her. What on Earth where those new people doing? she wondered, as she heard another loud explosion. Biting her lip, the jinchuuriki wondered if she should get involved.

Sighing, she already knew the answer. Quickly she started running towards the noises, going against the sane part of her mind. Even Saiken could tell this wasn't good. Especially since they both knew there was at least one other jinchuuriki in the area.

Brushing past some trees, Tsukiko's eyes widened at the seen before her. Now she knew it wasn't good. Even she could tell that the bijuu trying to escape was Shukakku.

"What the hell is going on here?!" she shouted, not sure if someone had even heard her.

The young man carefully wriggled out of Rin's grasp and rubbed his head. He stumbled slightly before managing to firmly plant both feet on the ground. Roku kept his eyes shut as he turned his head to face the ninja.

"I-I'll be fine on my own. Thanks for the help." He muttered as he began stumbling towards the medical hut. The dull, throbbing pain had subsided now but he still felt waves of disorientation washing over him.

No, his injuries could wait. His only possessions were in his hut. Roku grit his teeth and began walking back towards his hut instead, leaning up against nearby walls for support.

Shiraku (Partial Transformation)

Gaara_s_partial_transformation.png

The Rampage Continues

As Circe rambled on, the One-tailed turned its head away paying no mind. Foolish humans, two ears and one mouth, yet they talk so much. The Shukaku flicked its sandy tail around its neck, then let it wave in the air, using the tip to cut clean through a buzzing fly. It was only when a thick mist began springing about, that it turned its head to look at Circe...only to find her gone.

"HAHA! MIST NINJA EH? I've killed a lot of you before!"

The demon began to snicker, almost dying from the ongoing hilarity. Mist? Mist? Really? Shirokko had a wind nature, and even he himself had one too. Hell, almost everyone from Sunagakure could use wind as if they created it.

Stamping its feet in glee, Shukaku threw its head back, sucking in mist as it did so.

[Wind Release: Divine Breath]

Blowing out a wide stream of fast-moving air, the mist of Circe's technique was neutralized.

"I see you..." Taking steps towards the exposed Circe with swishing tail, Shukaku growled in anticipation of ripping the meat and flesh from her bone. "Hehe. Hey, silly ninja. Tell me. Do you have a family? It'd be nice if -"

"I need you guys to hold her still for a mere moment. I will be able to restrain her then."

Immediately looking left, the One-tailed was flustered. He had completely forgotten about Shinra and his sealing array! "AHHH!"

He hated these shinobi! So small and frail, yet someway, somehow, they always found a trick to mess up his plans!

Within moments, a barrier form above his body, trapping him inside.

"Hah. How's that for you Shukaku? Feeling a bit trapped? You would do good to remember to never underestimate us ninja. I knew this would happen. I knew we would-"

"SHUT UP!" He howled with rage. So his host thought they trapped him huh? Like a little rat in a cage?! He'd show them! He'd show all of them! He wasn't just some normal monster. He was Shukaku, Undisputed Lord Of The Sand damn it!

"Host...you walking, talking, chakra-stealing meat-bags, make me want to vomit on myself. Catch one thing by surprise and you think you own it. You think the world is yours...well let me tell you something host...there are things in this world that are more dangerous than you could ever imagine."

With that, Shukaku stood stock still, patiently letting the events unfold around him. Unmoving, the One-tailed gazed at Shinra about to enter into the barrier, only to be stopped by another shinobi holding a ghastly sword.

Yes. Please. Take your time. Argue. Argue over who wants to beat me first dumb humans.

An imperceptible smile pulled up the corners of his sandy lips. Just a little bit longer...
That was when a piercing shout came from not too far off. "What the hell is going on here?!"

Twisting his neck, the monster's eyes sang with glee. So two other hosts were here then? Matatabi's and Saiken's...excellent. Glorious. Wonderful. Fantastic! It was the perfect opportunity to show them who a
real tailed-beast was. One that didn't submit to a master. One who didn't follow instructions. One that did whatever the hell it wanted. One that was truly free.

"Hehe! What's going on here hm?? Do you really have to ask, Saiken's puppet? I'm just doing what comes natural to me and that slug of yours: trashing eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything!!"

As the words left his lips, the ground he was standing on shifted.

I'm Back!

Gaara_transformado_en_Shukaku_HD.png

Shukaku Has Completed Full Transformation

His growing body easily smashing out of Shinra's shrinking barrier, Shukaku let out a huge sigh. "Hello, ladies and gentleman! It's good to be back!"

Looking out over the area with his new-found height, the One-Tailed turned sights towards the refugee camp. "Listen, human suckers! Listen closely. Make the wrong moves...and all that you love and hold so dear...could disappear one day without warning..."

Gulping in massive amounts of air, the giant raccoon peered at the shinobi below him, then grinned.

"Wind Release: Air Drilling Bullet."

A ball of air exploded from his mouth, destroying trees and ripping ground, as it rocketed towards one of the only places in the world these ninja could call home.

@Infinities Lover

@Tremki

Nana, The Wanderer

Listlessly walking into camp, the short woman exhaled, leaning up against one of the base's wooden gate posts. So she finally made it...after walking so long for mile after mile, she finally made it. Looking around at the shambly huts and buildings, Nana could do nothing but be thankful for them. After all, being gracious for all in the world is what her parents taught her...

Thankfulness. That was her ninja way.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Her heavy eyes jolted open at the sudden explosion. Smoke was rising from a place in the camp that looked to be nearby. Uh oh...don't tell me...have the Kakureyami come here too...?

Willing a tired body to move, the kunoichi activated her Byakugan, and quickly flew off in the bang's direction.

That's Horrible...

Upon reaching the site, Nana cupped two hands to her mouth.
"That's horrible..." The scene was tragic. Though it was just one hut, it still hit her deep. She knew to whomever was inside, it wasn't just a hut, but a home. A home where they could eat, sleep, relax, and play. A place where they could come to after a long day of living in this dangerous world, and really feel safe.

Now looking in all directions, Nana cursed her inattentiveness. Even with all seeing eyes, she was so focused on the rubble, she failed to see the people around her. To the right, stood a woman with black hair...and what seemed to be a pair of swords hidden somewhere on her body.
@Kinzu Hekmatyar

Then a shuffling sound came off to the left. Vision flicked towards the noise, and Nana was able to ascertain from this oncoming man's posture, facial expression, and movement, that this hut had to be his.

"H-hey. Try not to move...you're hurt. Rest and stay still. That's your hut, I bet, wasn't it? Everything looks to be all gone...I'm sorry...but if you're still going to search, at least let me hold you up and help look."

Moving towards him, the short woman reached out an arm to give him assistance, only to stop dead in her tracks moments later. Looking into his face for a second too long, she saw something. Something she knew. Something she had seen many times before. Rinnegan...? What's that doing in this camp? This doesn't add up. It's not making any sense. Someone like him should be able to take care of the whole Kakureyami himself...what's he doing in a place like this...?

As she continued the internal conversation, her eyes widened as she slowly lowered to her knees. "Oh. My. Gosh."

Nana's body trembled ferociously; fingers gripping tufts of grass on the ground.
No way. This cannot be happening. Please. No. No way. Not this! Why? Why is this happening!?

Pounding the ground with a fist, the kunoichi jumped up with a groan and once more faced the man with the hidden Rinnegan. "Look. I don't know your reasons. I don't know what game you're playing, but if you don't make up your mind, this world is going to go to hell. We need you. We need you bad." @GasMaskie

Backing away, Nana rushed to the entrance of the village with every ounce of strength she had.

Eight Trigrams...

Hands were clasped as the shinobi stood just outside the camp's main gate. Her arms were shaking uncontrollably, but now was not the time to be a chicken and complain.

Deep breath Nana...focus. Focus your chakra and don't hold back when you let it all out.

After another long moment to compose herself, the woman's eyes told her it was time. Jumping up as high as she could into the air, she shouted, "Eight Trigrams: Heavenly Palm Rotation!"

Pulling into a spin, a gigantic

rsz_eight_trigrams_palms_revolving_heaven.png

Heavenly Palm Rotation Was Formed

Did I do it...?

Just as the woman began to furiously expel her chakra, an enormous bullet of wind smashed head-long into the revolving sphere. Simultaneously, the ball of air was split and ripped apart, its swirling halves deflected to the sides, destroying outer edges of the refugee camp. In the same instant, Nana was thrown violently backwards through the air, smashing back first into the same place where she came across the burning hut.

Drifting from the plane of consciousness to the one with without, pain shot through nearly every part her body as she rolled to a stop right in front of Rin.

@kira blackthorn

Chiaki had just exited his 6th hut, disabling an explosive tag he had found, when a crashing sound from the distance caught his attention. Glancing upward, Chiaki blinked at the sight of the a giant, racoon-like monster stood above the trees in the direction that their training with Kenji-san had taken place. Well...that's not good. Chiaki sighed. At least now he knew which jinjuriki had lost control. It would seem that Shirokko-san couldn't keep Shukaku at bay. Several people in the camp, who had noticed the large bijuu as well, pointed and gasped.

Chiaki bit his lips. Mass panic would do the camp no good at the moment. Chiaki raised his voice. "Everyone please stay calm. We shinobi have this under control."

Just then Shukaku fired a giant wind blast in the direction of the refugee camp. Or maybe not. Chiaki's eyes widened just as a girl, one Chiaki did not recognize, rushed passed him to the entrance of the camp. He watched unblinkingly as she performed a powerful jutsu, with spinning chakra, which deflected the giant wind bullet that would have annihilated the village if it had hit. The brave action caused the poor girl to be sent flying. Chiaki tracked the girl's body as it sailed through the air for a brief moment before turning back to the wide-eyed civilians of the camp.

"We've got this under control."

"...She saw them." Roku opened his eyes and turned to catch sight of the woman getting blown back towards the wreckage. I suppose that saves me the extra steps then...

He bit his tongue. On one hand, she seemed to know more about his eyes than he did and the guilt of his own inactions began to weigh down on him. On the other hand, involving himself in this whole mess would only spell trouble for himself later. Something that he had wanted to avoid.

His lip quivered as he looked at her. She was short and looked almost frail after being launched back several feet. Those ninjas helped him earlier, surely they'd help her. Being the bystander who watched was the worst feeling in the world. It was worse than being helpless because you chose not to act.

The ronin ran up to the girl and opened his eyes. He wasn't quite sure if his odd ability had any medical purposes but he figured it was worth a shot. Rin was standing by so he kept his head down and used his long hair to conceal his eyes.

"Is anything broken? I can go fetch a medic." The man with the Rinnegan leaned in and whispered into her ear, unsure if she was even conscious at this point.

"We'll talk later. Just, try not to mention this to anyone else."

~Her attention shifted to the odd Nana actions of pound an messing with the nearby grass,the girl eyes made Han some what uneasy an exposed.She would watch the girl dash off an defend the camp with her Heavenly Palm Rotation.An then observe her come hurtling back to tumble toward the other ninja,who had begun to whisper into the down girls ear.~

~Hans blink a few times than scowled at the giant raccoon sharpen shark like teeth visible ,"Exploding huts and now a childish raccoon ,throwing his tantrum this way...i also reason it host is some brat who was the land of wind last choice".Clicking her tongue after speaking aloud she would then,glance at the other two nearby shinobi,likely being Roku and Tsukiko "Hey any of you know were i can find a source of water ?"-as she had begun to undo the button on her cloak that was around her shoulder,folding it once she had taken it off."If i can get to a source i can help put down that tail beast ".~

Tsukiko ; the Rokubi Jinchuuriki

"You little piece of shit...!" she yelled in response to Shukakku. How dare that stupid raccoon-dog think he was so great! He had to resort to taking over by force, which meant a whole lot of waiting! All Saiken had to do was ask! The little shit....

"Who the hell do you think you are, teme!" she called out again, ignoring Saiken's tries to calm her. Normally Tsukiko would've listened, but at the moment she was just a bit too annoyed and low on chakra. So her rare attitude was going to have to be enough.

"Tsuki, ore believes you should calm down and let me or even Matatabi handle this." the Rokubi tried to reason with its host.

Tsukiko could see the logic in the beasts statement, but she still didn't like it. Especially since there was nothing she could do. Shukakku had already made plenty of points on how he was stronger than her. He had Wind Release, and all she had was Water Release and a tiny blade of wind. Damn it.

"Wind Release: Air Drilling Bullet."

Eyes widening, she knew she had to think fast. "Saiken!" she shouted, and instantly felt the six-tailed slug rise at her call. Feeling the Rokubi's chakra fill her, Tsukiko gasped slightly, never having felt this much of her companions chakra at once. Understanding Saiken's hurry, Tsukiko quickly performed the hand signs, as the chakra seemed to float around her, giving her the image of six pale blue tails.

Breathing deep, knowing most of the water was coming from the moisture in the air, Tsukiko finally called out her attack, knowing it was too late for her to do anything to save the refugee camp. Hopefully there were others there that could save it. Later she could try and help any wounded.

"Water Release: Water Prison Technique!"

Watching as the water form a tight prison around the one tail, Tsukiko struggled to keep a perfect focus on the amount of chakra she was feeding into the technique, Saiken continuing to feed her more chakra as she needed it.

Glancing around the small group of shinobi gathered, she searched for the one who spoke earlier, about restraining it. "Who ever you are, you'd better damn well hurry!" she yelled at them. "I can only keep this up against a fully transformed Shukakku for so long without transforming myself!" she said, even though she knew that if Saiken did end up taking control over her body, he wouldn't bother to harm those around her.

@ookami @White Masquerade

Ja Jankin

(Kakureyami Officer of Intelligence)

Path To The Forest

Ja beamed nervously as he tried to move away from Sumire's grip.

Heh...she's holding onto me kind of tight...am I really that attractive? She must be falling hard for me...this is nuts!

Yet the previous mention of Kenji-san's name came back to his mind, and he felt a sense of foreboding in the pit of his stomach. Kenji-san. He must have been one of the heads of camp here. Ja had complete trust in his fooling skills, but looking at the wolf leading the way, and Sumire keeping unusually close...he was having second thoughts about playing this game. Maybe he should have left when he had the chance.

Losing his authoritative tone, Ja tried to lighten his nervous mood by enjoying what was around him...however long it was going to last. Placing an arm around Sumire's hip, the ninja breathed in a nostril full of air and said,
"Mistress, you smell absolutely wonderful."

Sitting his head on her shoulder as they walked, Ja rambled on.
"Here I was thinking that I actually preferred this apprentice of yours. How could I have been so foolish? You are the master, so of course naturally, you'd be better. I am not disappointed. You look lovely, smell lovely, dress lovely...your skin is soft...what else could a handsome guy like me ask for?"

Ja's head perked up, as he swore the wolf walking in front of them laughed. Chalking it up to imagination, he continued.
"Say. Ever thought about having kids? After this war...when we win...what do you say we make a bunch? Have a huge, big family? I swear with my looks and your allure, they'd be the cutest things around. I wouldn't even mind if you took some into the Geisha business. I'm an intelli-"

WOAH.

The man stopped for a brief moment, then changed the subject. He almost gave away his secret! He was getting a little bit too cozy with this woman!

"Say, Mistress. Why can you summon a wolf anyway? From the stories I hear about you, they say you're an entertaining woman. Are you really some kind of shinobi?"

The question was left lingering in the air as the wolf ahead stopped, motioning its head to a man meditating atop a cut tree trunk. Taking the initiative, the Kakureyami officer removed his head from Sumire's shoulder and waved a hand.

"Hey! You must be Kenji! The man this lady was talking about! Nice to meet you! I'm here from the refugee camp in Konoha! We have much business to discuss!"

What?

Kenji

Turning to the voice, Kenji's eyes widened at the smirking Sumire, but narrowed at the beaming Ja Jankin. He moved from his position on the trunk and walked towards them with a hand wrapped in lightning.

"How stupid are are you? There are no refugee camps in Konoha."

What...?

Ja Jankin

(Kakureyami Officer of Intelligence)

Shit.

"Haha. What? You haven't been there recently then! We're a new one that just sprang up and we're fighting hard against the Kakureyami every day! Here," he shouted. "I have proof!"

Tossing a small pocket-book towards the man crackling with electricity, Ja spat as Kenji caught it in his free hand.

"Detonate."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Unbeknownst to Kenji, the pocketbook was not ID, but a leather-bound booklet full of paper tags.

Swiveling to Sumire, he wrapped his other arm around her, pulling the geisha woman in close.
"He is such a fine man, haha. Mistress. I have plenty more where those came from. In fact, they are stashed all over in secret places around your little camp. You're going to do three things for me...and you're going to do them now. Call off your wolf. Remove your hand from my body, and you're going to let me go. Or else...I'll blow up your home. How does that sound?"

It was then a large raccoon-like Demon appeared off in the distance.
"Wowie! Well would you look at that...it actually looks like you, my dear...have some other things to handle."

Ja chuckled as he savored Sumire's touch.
"Mistress. I really will miss you. If you and your friends make it out this alive, be sure to visit my little base in Konoha. I would be delighted to see you."

@QuirkyAngel

Shinra cursed as he watched his barrier was broken like a mere wall. He remembered how the one tail was sealed into a container. Only a strong seal that held it back could contain the biju. He remembered the legends of how the great Naruto Uzumaki defeated the one tail by attaching an explosing tag to a kunai that was deployed beneath the tail of the Shukakku. He wrapped the sealing tag around a kunai and took aim at the exposed weak spot. 'It's all or nothing. Here goes nothing.' He flung the kunai with all his might impacting the tailed beast's only weak spot. He watched the beast contort as the seal began to remove Shukakku's chakra and seal it away. He quickly formed the Gogyou Kaiin and modified it to only allow the beast's chakra to be pulled when its host desired it, he struck Shirokko's stomach. He breathed in relief as he felt the one tail's chakra recede. He caught her unconscious body and held her gently as the seals took full effect. "Shukakku will never take over as long as I breathe," he muttered as he he the unconscious girl.

Sumire simply frowned when Kenji caught the pocket book which exploded in his face. Smoke covered the area where Kenji once stood, the ground and nearby trees covered in char.

The snake had finally shown its true colors.

She knew there was something she didn’t like about ‘Yupa’. The fact that he turned out to be the “bomber” that he had warned them about was hardly surprising to Sumire. Sumire had chosen to bring Yupa to Kenji because she had gauged Kenji’s personality when they had met recently and determined that he was not someone who would trust easily. He’d been the one who had thoroughly interrogated her before allowing her into the camp, after all. Kenji had been 4 years old when Sumire had left the shinobi world so Sumire couldn’t say she was particularly close to him…though she had heard rumors about the Shark Sage and his skills.

Sumire studied the arrogant man who currently had her in his arms. For someone who claimed to want her to ‘let him go’, he seemed to rather like being close. She’d learned many things about ‘the bomber’ from their short journey to the forest. The first was that he had a huge ego and liked hearing himself speak. Sumire had simply listened to him talk, occasionally nodding so that he was aware she paid attention—though it took all of Sumire’s will not to slit his throat…especially when he started talking about children. After all, there were men who paid geisha not just for sex, but for their company…to listen to their complaints and not judge. It was for that reason that men would spill their deepest darkest secrets to her employees. Judging by the number of times the bomber had lied, Sumire guessed that he had many secrets. Not that it mattered, because Sumire didn’t care enough to learn them.

Despite the disgust she felt at his touch, Sumire smiled in a friendly manner. “I’ll be honest with you, Doton-kun…since you’ve been soooooo honest with me.” Her voice was so cheery that one might not realize it was sarcasm unless they paid attention to her words. “I dislike the shinobi world. This camp ISN’T my home and I couldn’t care less if it is destroyed. You wanted to know if I am shinobi? The answer is no. I USED to be a shinobi…until I realize that a shinobi’s life only brings suffering. I don’t give a damn who wins this little war between the Kakureyami empire and the remnants of the shinobi nations. It no longer has anything to do with me.”

“However,” Sumire’s eyes hardened to blocks of ice, though she still smiled. “If you do anything to harm my apprentice, I will certainly pay you a visit—enough visits to make you wish you never offered. Chiaki wants become a shinobi and, though I dislike it, I’ve decided to let him make his own decision in life. It doesn't matter whether you are Doton, Marco, a Kakureyami officer, or some crazy bomber that just happened to be passing by. Nor does it matter whether you live in Konoha, under the sea, or inside a rock in the middle of nowhere. Ao-chan has already caught your scent and she remembers every person she’d ever gotten a whiff of. If I find out that you’ve hurt Chiaki, I’ll HUNT you down until you’re dead. The only reason you’re still alive is because Chiaki is still in that camp.” Sumire tilted her head. “Understand?”

Easily breaking free of the bomber’s hold, Sumire glanced up at Shukaku who had appeared in the distance. She then shrugged. “If these kids can’t handle one measly jinjurki gone wild, then this generation of shinobi shouldn’t be challenging the Kage in the first place! Honestly, whoever performed the sealing for Shikaku’s jinjuriki must have done a poor job!”

Ignoring Doton—or whoever he was—Sumire approached the fallen Kenji to check on his condition. If he was alive, she would take him back to the camp to be healed. If not, she would give him a proper burial. Sumire may not have known Kenji well, but she knew his parents—not just as shinobi, but as people. He deserved this from her at least. Lifting Kenji’s body over her shoulder, like a potato sack, Sumire mounted Aojiru. “Let’s head back to Chiaki-kun’s hut, Ao-chan~”

Wrapped in an aura of blue fire, the large white wolf took to the skies.

Chiaki, for his part, had given up on waiting for his master to bring ‘Yupa-san’ to the camp leaders and had informed them of the bomber himself. Running around the camp and informing the refugees that there was a bomber wasn’t really effective, since Chiaki had only been in the camp for a couple of months…and an explosion might have been caused by many other reasons—a shinobi practicing a fire jutsu for example. Fortunately, Chiaki managed to persuade the leaders of the camp to believe him…with the help of another explosion in the forest. Unfortunately, the appearance of the large raccoon-like monster diverted their attention somewhat. It had taken a while to convince the leaders that they didn’t need to send reinforcements to take down the bijuu+jinjuriki, that his friends were already taking care of it, and that they should focus on the immediate danger in the camp. Chiaki’s patience was eventually rewarded.

He watched as civilians were quickly evacuated from their huts and several teams were organized to locate the paper tags. Chiaki could only hope that they could remove the tags before another explosion was set off. The pink hair boy glanced down at the deactivated tag in his hand. Since the tags appeared to be word-activated and there was an explosion in the forest near the camp, he guessed that the bomber must still be close. However, Chiaki still had no idea who the bomber was…and that made him nervous. So long as the bomber was loose, even if he left, he could always come back.

Roku stood up and prepared to fin-

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

A second explosion rocked the air and this time Roku instinctively covered his vitals and face with his arms. However, the explosion this time was outside the camp. He gripped the katana's handle tightly as he slowly stood up and began running.

As a ronin, Roku was slow compared to the refugees who sped around with their chakra-infused feet. The young man felt the winds whip around him as ninjas raced around looking desperately for more of the explosive tags.

"There's another injured person over here!" Roku yelled as he stepped into the medical-nin hut. He was sweating, covered in dirt, and wearing tattered rags at this point. Plus, this was the most he had ever said to anyone in his brief time here.

The stranger managed to convince a medical-nin to follow him back to the hut and gestured in the general direction of the wounded girl. He scratched his arm and explained that he heard a loud thud coming from his hut.

Naruto Rebirth: Time Skip

Congratulations everyone! We have made it to the first time skip. If you take a look at the overview tab, all of what's happened in the story so far, has been put in the summary. So what happens now? Simple. We speed play!

Time-Skip Period
The refugee camp is in shambles, Kenji is hurt, and it's clear to the ninja that they are still not ready for the Kakureyami threat. This time skip will cover a period of 6 months, as the ninja prepare once again to get themselves in shape. Each role-player is free to make posts covering events that have happened to their character during this 6 month period. You may post alone, or collaborate and tag other players for duo, trio, or group scenes.

During this speed-play period, any characters with less than 3 natural nature chakra types, may learn one more, or become even better with what they already have (tag me in the chat so I can add it for you!).

Any questions, tag me in the OOC! Now let's see the aftermath of the story's first part and how you characters grow!

~Don't hold back. I could start the next part of the story at any time without warning!~

Chiaki

Chiaki relaxed under the shade of a tree, not far of the refugee camp, and stared up at the sky. Watching the birds flap their wings and soar through the air was a new hobby that Chiaki had developed and he often found time to do so when he could. Rested on his shoulder was a small, white wolf pup with three tails. The small creature tilted its head up curiously at Chiaki.

“Shouldn’t you be training, Chiaki-dono?”

Chiaki took a few moments to listen to the whistle of the wind before responding. “I will Akiko-chan. Just give me a couple more minutes to rest…before I return to perfecting my Water Spirit Jutsu.”

“Why is our Sage training you so hard, Chiaki-dono?”

“Because she will be leaving in a couple of days,” Chiaki said lazily, his eyes closed. “She has to go back to make sure that the Geisha House is running smoothly.”

Akiko leapt from Chiaki’s shoulders and on his head. “Our Sage does not like the camp, Chiaki-dono?”

For a pup that had only been born a couple months ago, Akiko was certainly perceptive.

“No, she doesn’t.” Chiaki agreed vaguely.

Sumire had been appalled by the level of training that she’d seen at the camp and insisted that if Chiaki were to survive the war against the Kage he would need a lot more training. His Master was adamant about Chiaki signing the wolf summoning scroll that would allow Chiaki to summon her wolves in combat. It also allowed Sumire to keep track of Chiaki. Though Sumire had not said it aloud, Chiaki knew his master kept in contact with all of her wolves. Chiaki agreed because he feared what Sumire might do if he did not. He did not regret it. At his current level, Chiaki could only summon Akiko from the Cave of Solace…but that was fine with Chiaki. He rather liked the curious pup who he found quite adorable.

Slowly Chiaki got up and straightened his white jacket, adjusting his black beanie so that it kept his pink hair from being as noticeable. He had changed his appearance because he figured it would make him look less feminine. While looking like a girl had its uses, it did not help when he needed people to take him seriously as a shinobi. A paper tag fell from one of his pockets as he fixed his clothing. Chiaki bent over to retrieve the item. Sumire had informed him that ‘Doton Yupa’ had been the bomber and that he wasn’t who he appeared to be. Given the fact that they were fighting against Kakureyami, Chiaki guessed that Doton Yupa worked for the Kage…though he couldn’t be sure. Chiaki had been disappointed that he had failed to see through ‘Doton Yupa’’s ruse. If he had been more careful he might have captured the bomber, knocked him out so he couldn’t detonate his bombs, and prevented Kenji-san…or anyone else from being hurt. Chiaki didn’t blame his master for letting the bomber go. It was his own negligence that allowed ‘Doton Yupa’ to escape. Therefore Chiaki had taken to carry paper tags around—a reminder for him to not be so trusting of strangers.

Flicking his gaze back to the sky, Chiaki glanced around for a brief moment, before returning to the refugee camp to continue another day of hard training.

Maybe I'll just take the scenic route...

Hanbungetsu linger around the river outside of the refugee camp,having pitched a tent there as her somewhat toxic nature to other ninja that weren't from the land of the water.Thinking back to her original arrival to the camp having earned a black eye from making a rather nasty comment to a land of lightning ninja wearing her standard attire beside the traveling cloak.

Han step out into the moving water moving the black eye incident ,to the back of her mind so that she didn't wanna think about it to much or it would irk her.standing atop the the following current she began do her hand signs biting her finger than pressing ,it into the water as a dull puff of smoke from her summoning happen.

As the clam at this moment was only the size of a lap dog,which made her cringe she felt annoyed at best.On the other hand the little Clam seem excited at being summon began to spew mist from it natural means of feed from two muscle tubes.Han eyed it grumbling under her breath,"Yeah yeah we can practice,calm down". she would reply ,as it two tubes had begun to wiggle back an forth from one side to another.

With the Clam aid she began her own conjuring of mist ,that would began began to spread across the river front,spreading a fairly infectious rate.

As the Clam then began its mirage training focusing on its summoner making a copy from the mist,the copy of Han would appear in front of her .They began there sparing as it was training for the clam so it mirage genjutsu would be more solid in that sense.While for Hans it gave her a sparing partner,but also help train her summoning mimicry of her and her abilities. Wrapping up a after some time the clam vanishing once done the mist slowly began to fade ,along the river front Hans stepping off the water way ,setting Hiramekarei back onto her back with a sharp sigh turning to crouch next to the river to drink.

She would now set off to take a light walk after the training operation with her Clam,she had to think now about her own role around camp. Beside well being a camp problem she she would berate the camp in her mind,though stopping as she would spot Chiaki a distance away on his scenic route walk .time went in slow motion for her,as she thought now perhaps she could make a friend,it was quite lonely with only speaking to a clam as her only friend.as it would snap back into reality she would began to walk toward him,"Hey uhm Miss ,were are you from?".it was the only thing she could think of as a start in attempt to open up a conversation,as well mistaking Chiaki for a female.

Chiaki looked up from where he had stared at the ground watching a row of ants. He was startled when a dark haired woman approached him with a clam the size of a lap dog--though none of his emotions showed on his face. Chiaki had heard of the woman who liked to camp outside of their Refugee camp. From what he had heard from other shinobis, she didn't really seem to get along well with others. In fact, she seemed to go out of her way to insult other shinobis. So why was someone like her talking to him? The woman seemed to think he was a girl, as well.

Chiaki sighed. It would appear that his attempt at looking less feminine hadn't worked too well.

"I was raised in the Land of Lighting." Chiaki said. "I live in this refugee camp and have been living here for nearly a year. However, I was born as a boy in Kirigakure to two Mist Shinobi. My name is Chiaki."

Akiko had fallen asleep on Chiaki's head and Chiaki had left Akiko there while he quietly walked. However, the wolf pup stirred at the sound of new voices. Absentmindedly, Chiaki took Akiko into his arms and stroke the creature's fur until it fell back to sleep. Chiaki looked at the woman questioningly.

"Who are you?"

@Kinzu Hekmatyar

Tiger to Boar then Ox followed by Dog and then... Tiger? Roku's hands moved swiftly as he performed the hand seals. However, rather than disappearing in a puff of smoke the replacement log instead appeared above his head.

"Gah!" Roku fell back and stared at the small log that fell on his head. He frowned and rubbed his head, the body substitution jutsu was surprisingly complicated despite being one of the basics. The aspiring ninja removed his blindfold and stood the log up. He had even gone through the trouble of sewing a small replica of his clothing for his logs and affixing a wig to it.

"Hrm. It was Snake, wasn't it? They look way too similar." The stranger sighed and strolled over to a tree. He slid down into a sitting position and pulled out a pocket-sized notebook. He glanced over his own notes and the rather crude drawings of each hand seal.

"At least I'm still decent enough with weaponry." He shuddered slightly as an image of a mechanical hand transforming into a cannon suddenly flashed through his mind. These odd visions only started a few days ago and have only been increasing in frequency. For someone who was creeped out by puppets it really did suck.

Mentally she almost had a abort plan in motion,though the small clam behind her bummed into her legs as if it had read her mind.She have to take Chiaki's emotionless expression with a grain of salt.Though after he spoke she was on the fence if she was he or was he a she.though with the information of him being a Mist native gave her a little hope that he wouldn't hold her reputation at camp before her.

"I'm a Mist natives as well,one of the current generation of the seven swordsmen. My name is Hanbungetsu ...Though i must ask are you a woman or a boy ...also how you end up in the land of lighting to be brought up ".taking a moment to think,"Your not a missing nin are you?"-her tone accusing by all means,though she seem to glare at him as if he already said yes.

The Clam on the other hand had moved it self to be next to his owner,its foot moving about lightly as it was examining it surround area now,taking in account of the new voice an the canine along with Chiaki.

"I'm a boy," Chiaki repeated, keeping his face calm despite her glare. Well, he supposed he had been rather vague with his wording. "No, I am not a missing-nin...since Kirigakure no long exists. I was 5 when the Kage attacked Kirigakure and I was cared for by a passing stranger who raised me in the Land of Lightning. I became a shinobi because it's what my parent might have wanted."

Chiaki realized he was being far too trusting...to reveal so much about himself to a stranger. However, he was curious about the woman who claimed to be a Seven Swordsman. Chiaki's family was a descendant of one of the Seven Swordsman during the Bloody Mist era, the wielder of Nuibari, but the sword had long been lost during his time. It had been sheer dumb luck that he had found it. Chiaki was interested in Hansbungetsu-san and he didn't mind revealing information about himself to get information in turn.

"There is a current generation of Seven Swordsmen?" Chiaki asked, his voice turning slightly excited. This was rare for Chiaki as he rarely got excited. "Do they all have their swords? Do you know who they are, Hansbungetsu-san?"

The name was a mouthful to say. His excitement caused Chiaki to stop stroking Akiko. The wolf pup slowly opened its eyes and sniffed the air.

She would be somewhat shock at how he kept speaking rather than suddenly ,snapping at her she kpet going though still somwhat wary.With a sharp sigh looking upward the comment about that the Kirigakure being destroyed. but shook it off as she would look back at him."I reason your right there is not mist village anymore."clicking her jagged teeth a few times,"I guess saying current generation is wrong,though i don't know were the others swordsmen are to be honest,they could have perished in all the time that has pasted. However i have not gave up on gathering my nation heritage "She would cross her arms looking at him.

Mind roaming a bit a boy who would have guessed,his frame reminds her of a house wife at best,not so much a ninja by any means,though she kept this to her self. she didn't want to risk destroying her first human contact ,that didn't end with her being punch or pummel than kick out of camp.The Clam on the other hand had began to move toward Chiaki in its scooting manner being guided by his voice ,it had the mist village insignia etched into its shell.

Chiaki nodded. He didn't feel as loyal to the mist village compared to the other Kirigakure shinobis he met...since he had only been five and barely remembered anything about it. But there were others that might not feel the same way. Mentioning the destruction of Kirigakure had been untactful of him. Chiaki bowed politely.

"My apologies Hansbugetsu-san. I didn't mean to be rude. You are right of course. The goal of this camp is to restore all of the shinobi nations to the way it was. I think everyone at this camp feels the same way."

Chiaki watched the clam move toward him. Curiously, he reached out to touch it. "Is this your summoning, Hans-san?"

Chiaki looked up. "May I call you Hans-san? Hansbugetsu is a bit difficult to say...,"

The sixteen year old boy hoped he wasn't being too forward. He also hoped she didn't take insult to his comment about her name. Akiko sniffed at the clam, and its ear twitched slightly, but Chiaki's summons said nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back