• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: A New Path

Characters
Here
back at camp, as the sun rises

Akiko Uzumaki

Akiko hadn't slept well the night before, so it was no surprise to her when she woke with sunrise, before the rest of the camp was moving. For a while, she simply stared at the slowly brightening the sky, thinking. Things had gotten bad yesterday, and she didn't know why. Hisako had attacked Shoko with no warning... Yuna said it was just sibling-like fighting, but was that really it? Akiko wasn't completely oblivious, she knew that most siblings argued and even physically fought, unlike her relationship with Masao. She'd seen it plenty when playing with friends. Still, there was usually some reason for it...

With an uncharacteristic groan, Akiko sat up, ruffling her hair roughly to get the thoughts out of her head. She glanced to her sides, noticing Shoko was gone. That wasn't unusual though, she was always the first out of the tent. There hadn't been a chance to talk with her about what happened though, and it seemed Akiko wouldn't be getting one anytime soon... Was there anything she could do?

Food! Everyone could use a proper breakfast after 3 days of bare minimum rations. Akiko had been saving some special rations for just such a need! Her smile finally returned, although it was more determined than cheerful, as she quickly tied up her hair and slipped out of the tent. Ashi sensei had a fire going already and called a greeting as Akiko approached.

"Good morning! Can I make breakfast today?" Despite requesting permission, Akiko was already taking out a scroll and unsealing it to reveal the contents inside. Spread out on the scroll were the ingredients for a proper meal, as well as the necessary tools to cook it.

Ashi grinned over at Akiko, looking over the ingredients. "So you came with some plans, Tsuru! Go ahead, I don't mind the break and we both know the other two sensei won't be up anytime soon."

Akiko nodded and set to work. Soon enough the smell of miso soup and frying vegetables and dried fish was filling the air of the camp. Akiko focused intently on the cooking, making sure everything turned out perfect. This needed to be a great meal, so everyone could feel good!

Yuna Aburamementions // interactions: bastion bastion

Yuna had stirred shortly after Akiko's exit. But one sleep-narrowed glance at the still too-dark (at least in her head lol) sky overhead had been enough to send the girl back to an at least feigned sleep. That is, until those delicious smells begin to make their way out from center-camp. Abruptly sitting up from her place atop a rumpled cot, the Aburame wiped the sleep from her eyes. She stole a brief glance around, fetched her glasses from their place atop her bag, and begin to make her way towards the warmth of the fire.

"Good morning, Ashi-sensei," she started, dutifully dipping her head towards the only of the sensei's who seemed to be awake at this moment. "and good morning, Akiko," she continued, voice brighter.

"Whatever you're making smells a hell of a lot better then whatever crud Koda-sensei would give us," her eyes swiveled back towards Ashi as if re-remembering her presence, and words spilled out to correct the words that could be perceived as rude. "not to say so directly that Koda-sensei's food sucks."

That corrected, the Aburame pushed a super helpful smile to her lips and slid closer to Akiko's side. Pushing her head closer to the food so she could take in a bigger sniff, Yuna nodded her frantic approval... to no one in particular.

"You need a taste tester? Or a taste stirrer person?"

Hisako Uchiha
Interacting and mentioning Yuna ( tanto tanto ), Akiko , Ashi ( bastion bastion ) and Shoko ( kakemha kakemha )

This night had probably been the worst Hisako had slept through. Plagued by being restless he had turned over a thousand times under the tree wher ehe had laid out his bedroll. Thinking over the many possible scenarios of speaking with Shoko to say sorry. The many possible ways she would say she didn‘t want to be friends anymore. In the end it had been just a set of her father right? That's what Hisako had heard.

Sighing once again he rose up from the bedroll and looked forward on the ground with tired eyes. He rubbed them tiredly to get the rest of the sleep away as he started to smell something. It didn‘t smell bad but was rather pleasant as if someone was cooking. It couldn't be Koda for sure. But who?

Hisako now took the time to lolk around and there he spotted it: A fire. Feeling the hunger of the morning her couldn't resist standing up and putting his bed roll away. Taking his backpack he slowly walked over to the fire and the good smell.

Yuna was already eyeing the food talking about taste tester and it wasn't Ashi who was making something above the fire and seeing Yuna she probably wouldn't even know the difference between knife and spoon. That left him with the only solution. It was probably Akiko.
„That smells good Akiko!“, in his voice rang admiration as he was himself fascinated with cooking or making food. If it already smelled good than that meant it should taste good. "Unlike Yuna I am muhc better in aything foor related so if you wish to have real help.", he boasted with a big grin before crouching down in front of the fire and looking at the food. Was it in case it was meant only for her team and he didn't want to taste Kodas stuff one more time? sure. Would he ask directly if he maybe could have something just to not taste Kodas stuff again? No, that would only be embarrassing for him. "I'm sure Yuna would love to have one of Koda Sensei's sandwiches again", he side eyed the Aburame to wait for her reaction. probably again angry or annoyed or something like that. Definitely something negative as she didn't seem to like him and annoying her with just being himself? That's what he loves in the morning. The fresh smell of confrontation.

The Uchiha looked around in hopes to see Shoko but she didn't appear to be here. Looking at Akiko he felt a sting in his chest as she must have noticed what have happened yesterday. He knew how Akiko was and maybe for her sake and the others he wanted to talk with Shoko to hopefully resolve this. Just like for him the mission must be important to the others and Shoko and having it ruined by him being a idiot isn't something they deserved. Shoko must appear at time, probably training like she always does in the early times. He would catch her when she is alone and in time before those boats arrive or the group would head out to the village.

Maiko Yamanaka
Mentioning Shizuka ( JessEwa26 JessEwa26 ), Ashi, Akiko ( bastion bastion ) and Yuna ( tanto tanto )

Maiko had slept averagly good considering she still felt the hard groung under her body dispite the bedroll and the night had been cold too. Tho when her eyes fluttered open and she rose up she smiled. Shizuka had been nice enough to share her tent with her and he girl was still lying beside her. Not wanting to wake her Maiko very carefully climbed out of the tent flaps after opening them as silent as she could. She stepped out into the fresh air, still a bit fresh but not as fresh as in the night. The sun was rising and Maiko noticed other figures already rising from their sleep.

The girl put on her belt with her different tools and after that nound her headband around her forehead, after giving the medal a little rubbing to make it shiny. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath she enjoyed the morning air as her nose picked up another sense besides the trees, grass and water. Something was cooking or rather someone. From her point where she stood the girl wasn't able to directly see but she could make out a few figures. Seeing the bright orang hair one of them must be Akiko. The other ones maybe her teammates?
Maiko looked back to the tent where Shizuka was still sleeping and then towards Minorus sleeping place.

She stuck her head back inside the tent and softly spoke out in hopes of waking up Shizuka. "Hey sleephead, wake up. There are already people awake and we are about to leave you behind", as she pulled her head out with the last couple words she ended in a sing sang. Walking over towards Minuro she decided to wake him up if he wasn't already awake. "Minoru, wake up or we leave you behind.", it wasN#t really true that they already left yet she hoped to get a little fun out of it with having them think they slept way too long.
The Yamanaka then looked back to the source of the good smell. Was it made for everyone? Or did they only make it for themselves? Maiko decided to wait for her teammates to wake up to walk together with them there.

Akiko Uzumaki
Interacting with Yuna ( tanto tanto ) and Hisako ( Aigen Aigen )

Akiko glanced up at Yuna's approaching, smiling widely. She giggled at Yuna's comment, before nodding and offering a spoon of the miso soup to Yuna. "Tell me what you think! The soup should be ready, and the rest is almost done."

"No need to lie to me," Ashi laughed, in response to Yuna's weak attempt to hide her disdain for Koda's meal. "I enjoy them as much as you do. I was gonna be making breakfast, but it wouldn't have been as nice as this. Even if I realize rations can be served in more ways than making a sad sandwich from them."

Hisako's arrival drew their attention, and Akiko beamed at the praise. "Thank you! I've been helping my brother make meals since I was little, so I'm pretty familiar with it by now! I thought everyone could use a pick-me-up after the long trip, so I figured I could make something for us all. It's almost done, so I'd be happy to have you taste-test as well!"

She kept the smile in place, but Akiko's unease started to creep back in with the sight of Hisako. It was hard not to think about what happened yesterday... She glanced around, wondering where Shoko was. Hisako and Shoko really should talk about what happened...

"Ashi-sensei, do you know where Shoko is? She wasn't in our tent. Not that it's strange really, she's usually awake before us..."

"Nikukyuu went off to train around an hour ago. I sent Mori and Kan'i along for safety. I imagine they'll be returning soon."

Akiko nodded, removing the last of the food from the heat and offering pieces for Hisako and Yuna to taste with a smile. "Everything's done. Should we wake the others? Or maybe I should just store most of it so it won't get cold before they wake up..."
Akiko thought about going to wake Akane and couldn't help but wince just a little. Her cousin really hated being woken up.

Shizuka Miyazaki
Interacting with Maiko ( Aigen Aigen )

Shizuka laid quietly on her back, her eyes still closed but moving a bit. She used the quiet time to hone her senses better. With her concentration high, Shizuka could notice how slowly everyone woke up. After some minutes, Maiko also stood up and left the tent. As she came back to wake her, Shizuka slowly opened her eyes. She shouldn't have concentrated for so long. Her head began to hurt a bit, pain flaring up every heartbeat.

Slowly she sat up. Her world tilted a bit but she ignored it. As quickly as possible, she freshened up herself and also left the tent. A delicious smell covered the small camping site. Shizuka could feel and hear how her stomach began to grumble. Sensei Kodas Sandwiches weren't the best.

"Good morning everyone.", she greeted loud enough for everyone to hear. She nudged a a greeting also Maiko, who still stood at the tent.

Hanami Inuzuka
Interacting with Shoko ( kakemha kakemha )

Hanami could also smell that somebody other than Sensei Koda was cooking. Unconsciously she began to move quicker, Jin hot on her heels, hoping to get some good meal too. Remembering she had Shoko with her, she turned towards her.
"Come, Shoko! I know, you wanted to train longer but everyone is standing up and eating soon! I want something too!", she loudly said, loud enough so that Shoko could hear it. Grinning she turned again, facing forward and dodging lowly hanging branches of trees.

Shoko Uchiha

Interactions & Mentions : JessEwa26 JessEwa26 (Hanami), Aigen Aigen (Hisako), bastion bastion (Akiko), tanto tanto (Yuna)
Shoko was breathing heavily as she maintained the chakra in her feet while sparring with Kan'i. Landing on top of the water, her stance showed that she was readying another attack but she halted before making a move. She heard Hanami running, with Jin not far behind the Inuzuka, Shoko stood up straight and heard Hanami say that she waned to get back to camp to eat breakfast. Even though she wanted to train more like Hanami had said, she thought i wise to come back to camp since he boats could be coming today. "Thanks for the spar, but let's get back now." She said to Kan'i, petting the dog's head, before walking off the water and stared to run after Hanami, listening at times to make sure Kan'i was following them.

Once the group got back to camp, Shoko was kind of surprised at the sight of what was happening. Akiko was cooking, Shoko didn't doubt her cooking skills, she was just surprised she was cooking at all and Koda-sensei wasn't. Also the group around was quite peculiar, Yuna and Hisako. Yuna was their teammate and could understand why they were together, but given her track record with Shoko's dear cousin, she was surprised a bet or fight hadn't broken out yet. Shoko didn't say anything, but nodded to people as a morning greeting, she tried to put on a small smile but she wasn't quite sure how that turned out. Sitting by a stump of a tree, she grabbed a small towel out of her pack and wiped her face to try to get rid of some sweat as she attempted to calm down from her training and running back to camp.
Her eyes sometimes looked up to glance at Hisako. She still wanted to say something to him, but was one, too afraid. And two, at a loss for words.

Hisasko Uchiha
Interacting andMemtioning Shoko ( kakemha kakemha ), Yuna ( tanto tanto ), Akiko, Ashi ( bastion bastion ) Hanami ( JessEwa26 JessEwa26 )
Hisako sat by the fire watching it and the food cook above it, listening to Akiko as she talked. As soon as Shoko returns, he would talk to her. He wants to resolve this. Only issue would be if Shoko didn’t want to talk, stop their interactions forever and then Hidako would have lost a good friend because he couldn’t keep his emotions under controll. Everything just because he had overheard his parents talk about how she was just a set up of her father and everything was a lie. He didn‘t answer and just nodded along being too caught up in his train of thoughts. Moving his head as he heard steps coming out of the woods. First Hanami with her dog Jin appeared and after that Shoko.

He averteded his gaze, only catching a grimasse of Shoko before looking down again. The boy pressed his lips together. Now was the time. Or maybe after food? He didn‘t want to possibly ruin the breakfast.

But to Shokos reaction not wanting to talk would ruin it the most. Yet only talking would resolve it, thats what every Sensei would probably say. Talk to her, talk to her, go stand up you idiot and say you want to talk!

The Uchiha cleared his throat. „Shoko, do you have a minute…to talk maybe?“, he didn‘t look up but kept his eyes on the fire. Did he sound to blunt? Too angry? Hisako had tried to sound extra soft and friendly and non aggressiv yet he probably failed as his emotions rised up. Ot emotions of anger but rather of failur and didappointment about himself.

He stood up, looked at her and then turned around to walk away. He didn‘t go too far, maybe ten feet away making sure everybody was able to see them still. Hisako wanted her to be able to have somewhat her swuad nearby. What if she thought he wanted to fight her again?

Maiko Yamanaka
Interacting with Shizuka ( JessEwa26 JessEwa26 ) and Minoru ( tanto tanto )
Noticing as Shizuka left the tent Maiko turned around and threw her arm around the Miyazakis shoulders giving her white grin. „Let‘s go see what they are cooking up and if we can steal a bit?“, she proclaimed and pointed over to the fire with the little group of people.

When Maiko started to walk she kept her arm around Shizukas shoulder to pull her along but let loose so that the other could easily break away if she didn‘t like it. Just to make sure and test Shizukas boundaries so Maiko could remember it for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back