• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional Napoleon's portrait. (Please critique)

Zombocalypse

Quintessential Badboy
What do you think of this? Is it good?

I haven't drawn in years. This is literally my first time drawing after 10 years without doing it. I feel proud but I'm open to negative feedback. lol. I'd need to hear it.

M1cN9HB.jpg

w0vnl0u.jpg

I mean it's not bad per se... Its a litle incomplete in some parts, namely the hair, and a bit chubbier than the original. I'd say the biggest fault would be how much more geometric it is. It's hard to give it praise not because it is badly drawn by any means though, but mostly because it was a copy of a drawing on a book cover, which I know from experience isn't the easiest thing in the world either but... I guess I can say its a good copy, save for the things I mentioned?

It's good! You have talent, but it lacks a solid foundation. Even when you copy a picture, you would do well to map the lines first. If you're serious about drawing, keep practicing and draw from real life as often as possible.

Keep up the good work, copying faces is a great way to train your eye for proportions. Looks like the biggest issue is form followed by values, the reference head is round while yours is taller and the chin is larger. The back of the head in the reference angles back slightly where your version is almost a straight line. Little things like that add up.

You have a good basis in how you draw the lines and shading! The proportions are always the hardest to nail down, so that's only normal! Heck I struggle with that soooo much myself when doing a photo study. ;v; So great job :D

You have a good basis in how you draw the lines and shading! The proportions are always the hardest to nail down, so that's only normal! Heck I struggle with that soooo much myself when doing a photo study. ;v; So great job :D

Thanks.

I wanna get the proportions down without relying on special techniques. This is training for me. It's my first artwork in ten years.

Hey under the circumstances it’s pretty good. The main point I’d bring up is that in yours, his face/head seems longer, and he is more wide eyed. Napoleon’s portrait seems more rounded. If I looked at your drawing alone and was asked which military leader it was from history, I’m not sure I’d guess it’s Nappy Boy, without the side by side comparison. But still, a noble effort in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back