Literature NaNoWriMo 2018

True, this isn't a competition ^^

8k is doable. Since yesterday I’ve had 16k, all written since November 1st. But 37k??? That’s insanity. Granted I spent most of my Saturday writing from 9 am to 11 pm and my work hours are very flexible.

I'm on the namowrimo facebook group and the way some people are gloating about reaching 30,000+ words already makes me want to destroy something. Gurl, it's like sex. It's not a race; take it nice and slow and it'll be enjoyable for everyone

Maybe they aim for a 500k words novel in multiple volumes XD

I just realized there's something we haven't done, that could be fun for us all to do to get to know each other this month! Everyone should tell a little about themselves and what they're writing :D And also, what you plan on doing if you manage to get to 50k!

I'm a lurking RPN member from around 2015. I mostly do occasional one on ones and I'm a sucker for scifi, which is what I'm writing for nano. :D Haven't decided yet what I'll do if I get to 50k, but I feel like I should think of a nice reward to motivate myself through November.

That being the case, hello there! Name's Idea (not that you didn't know that, but whatev) and I've been around since 2015 myself as well. I participate in both group and 1x1 roleplays with genres depending on what ideas and cravings I have that I find to be sustainable enough to search for.

At this time, my entry to Nanowrimo is a fantasy/comedy story about an overprotective father whose daughter found a boyfriend in the local "prince charming" and thus decides that the guy must obviously be an evil manipulator and infiltrates the evil empire in order to get hard evidence of that. The whole thing is framed as this presentation on human nature given by an extremely biased narrator, where most of the comedy is suppose to come.

I don't particularly have goals beyond the 50K, at this point I just want to complete it. My reasons for trying Nanowrimo is that I always wanted to try ever since I first heard of it, and now what pushed me was my secondary reason, the fact that my resume is currently emptier than the space between two cowboys about to duel (tumbleweeds excluded) and Nanowrimo is something I may be able to shove in there.

I'm on RPN for only around half a year. I only rp 1x1 here and anywhere else. Tried groups, not my thing, even with best organization I find it tedious to participate.

It's my first Nanowrimo. There is an idea I wanted to write for a while and thought it could be a good motivation to start. I'm not going to fuss over word count, because let's be fair, it's unlikely I make it. I get too tired at work and I can't write a lot of words consistently because I'm too exhausted to do anything. Something I always warn my rp partners about so that they don't expect rapidfire responses.
But it's a motivation anyway so if I get some of the writing done for the novel I want to write, then it will be good enough!
The novel is something I've been planning for a while. I have the whole outline done, need to just sit and write it. It's a fantasy/adventure story that will have a sad ending. ^^

How's everyone doing with the challenge so far?

Day one was definitely my hardest day, but it feels like I'm building up some endurance. Yesterday was my best day yet, with almost 3,000 words. I discovered the message boards on the nanowrimo website yesterday, and those can be kind of fun to read. ^^

Unfortunately, I had to stop writing for a bit. Got school work intensifying and all. Though I knew this was coming, so I'm such it won't be that much of a hindrance in the long run.

I actually slowed down by a lot the last few days. First days were waaaayy better. But my health issues took a turn for worse and my work is infested with deadlines I'm struggling to keep up because of health issues.

I'm still trying to write every day, even if it's 200 words it's still something ^^ maybe if I ever get a good day this month I'll catch up!

I slowed down a lot, too. I knew I was gonna get busy so I just spent all of last weekend just hammering my text. I'm happy though because I set up 15k as my target for Wednesday and I got it, so at least I'm working as per my schedule. Next Wednesday I need to be at 30k so we'll see how that pans out.

It's still the beginning of the month, guys, we can do it. :) This weekend is another great opportunity to get loads of writing done!

Still super behind...my plot is currently Swiss cheese, both in terms of having regular holes to fill in and contradictions/plot holes...lol

Eheh eey! Starting a little late but ive signed up for nanowrimo this year! Currently in highschool some and my writeclub members got our sponsor to make a classroom for it, stoked for it!

Monday afternoon

Maybe you can write on your phone while you commute or something? :D That way all you gotta do is copy what you wrote while you were busy.

Still super behind...my plot is currently Swiss cheese, both in terms of having regular holes to fill in and contradictions/plot holes...lol

That's fine, I mean I had a very strict plan written down and I'm already diverging from it pretty heavily, with loads of things that don't make much sense or that I don't explain enough. As long as we sit down and manage to get the words in, it's all G. :D

Eheh eey! Starting a little late but ive signed up for nanowrimo this year! Currently in highschool some and my writeclub members got our sponsor to make a classroom for it, stoked for it!

Welcome to the club. :D What are you writing?

Maybe you can write on your phone while you commute or something? :D That way all you gotta do is copy what you wrote while you were busy.
Way too dangerous. My commutte is two subway rides, passing through several construction sites and not to mention the crossing of the road.... which for someone who has gotten run over before is a pretty serious matter. Still, thanks for trying to help! Not to worry though, this kind of problem was expected

Way too dangerous. My commutte is two subway rides, passing through several construction sites and not to mention the crossing of the road.... which for someone who has gotten run over before is a pretty serious matter. Still, thanks for trying to help! Not to worry though, this kind of problem was expected

Oh, no no, please don't type while walking, but while you're in the subway, even just a few minutes to jot down ideas can be super effective!

I used to write a lot on my phone in subway. Unless it was too crowded that I couldn't even take out phone ^^
But now I changed place of work and I don't have long subway commute anymore. Which results in less writing lmao

That's fine, I mean I had a very strict plan written down and I'm already diverging from it pretty heavily, with loads of things that don't make much sense or that I don't explain enough. As long as we sit down and manage to get the words in, it's all G. :D

Welcome to the club. :D What are you writing?
Thanks! My current novel thing is gonna be something ive wanted to write for a while. I dont have a name for it yet but the synopsis is an apocolyptic world of sorts, after some government tampering and whatnot during the coldwar, the worlds deserts expanded across the world. So youre either living in whats the equalivant to the sahara desert or the siberian tundras. The story takes place in the U.S, American south, which got the sand end of the deal and is part of a giant desert spanning some central american countries, mexico, and half of the U.S (as you can probably imagine, canada is almost as desolate as the artic, the american states closer up north got the siberian end of the deal). The protag will embark on some adventure bla bla, and i dont wanna go any futher, the rest is for the actual story ;)

Oh, no no, please don't type while walking, but while you're in the subway, even just a few minutes to jot down ideas can be super effective!
Oh, that I do, if an idea comes to me. I do often have a lot of ideas, but actually managing to write them down..eh...

I used to write a lot on my phone in subway. Unless it was too crowded that I couldn't even take out phone ^^
But now I changed place of work and I don't have long subway commute anymore. Which results in less writing lmao

I have a commute of an hour on a bus to and from work depending on traffic and I often type notes on my phone haha, or even continue the story. Although sometimes I get a bit car sick from looking at my phone.

I was writing my rp replies like that XDD
But now I mostly walk and only occasionally take a bus when it's cold. Bless my current work place for being close to home XD
but I write less, it is a downside ^^"""

Users who are viewing this thread

Back