Looking for Name Suggestions please?

Mopzee

Soldier of Function
I've been perusing the much-loathed baby name websites for a few weeks now and Im feeling utterly uninspired by most of the names listed.

A stray thought popped into my head, "Well. If I'm looking for more variety and some new ideas with a bit more creativity, why not ask a community of creative people for some of THEIR ideas?" Worst case, this can be used by anyone else who may just be looking for a character name for an rp and ended up in the same boat I'm in.

So! Little preface for you guys here.
We chose a first name for the girl (did I mention twins? They're twins. 1 boy 1 girl) but have nothing on deck for the boy just yet.

I want the names to sound good together when spoken aloud. Not looking for an "Anastasia and Chuck" situation here. Haha.

I do not like names that are very similar, an example being Tammy and Tommy. I want to encourage them to be their own people as I feel some twins don't get to feel like individuals. Gender neutral names are welcome but not required.

You can suggest middle names with the first names, or a middle name to go with the first name for the girl, but bear in mind that does not mean I'll like the combo or go with it.

It feels like it goes without saying, but let's avoid names that are highly likely to get someone made fun of. I know its going to happen eventually and doesn't make much difference, but let's make bullies try harder at least. ;) (example: I have an aunt named Gaye, and while she doesn't have many issues today, she was the butt of many jokes when she was young)

One last thing: please limit to 20 suggestions per post. Repeats are okay but try to avoid it. Ypu can always add another 20 later or call out some you like later once we have a chunky list :)

They are not due for awhile yet, but I try to remember to post if I decide on something

Girl's first name will be Teigan (spelling undecided but pronounced Tee-gan)

How about Morgan, Ashley or Kira(for the boy)? I also think that Teigen sounds great by itself, or use the middle name Faye for her

Last edited:
How about Arwyn? It's also Welsh and carries a similar meaning, but doesn't sound too close phonetically to Teigan. I can't think of any mean nicknames you could make from it.

Well lets see what names can a sleepy mind produce
Kaygan
Bert
Jamison
Gerard
Keethan
Tyagi
Xavier
Nello
Dialto
Herald

Well theres my (insert number here) names

Thanks for giving some ideas! Im liking the variety already! So much better than those lists online :)

I'm not sure why, but Kayden comes to mind. I feel like it pairs well with Teigan without becoming a Tommy and Tammy situation.

Imma just put a name on here whenever 1 comes to mind

Kaecilius
Meju
Kort
Idk, names starting with K just feel right to me

I usually figure out what region the character is based on, then look up various words that represent them and use those.

For example,my character's name is Canwr Dihiryn. Canwr was raised by a man who spoke Welsh to be a con artist.

One of my favorite songs is about con arists of the technological variety. Main chorus repeats "Singer is a crook, whoah-ey-oh"

Canwr means Singer, Dihiryn technically means criminal/villain, which is the closest you can get to "crook" in the language via Google Translate because I do not speak Welsh.

Karaguya
Tergus
or . . .
Dominus of the Red Legion, annihilator of suns, razer of a thousand worlds, slayer of gods, and conqueror of the Light! GHAUL!
Lmao, sry, but I had to do it

I would like to know about their personify first, for example in my resident evil fic when I made the child of Jake and Sherry I thought how would they act? Would they be like their dad and act recklessly or be more careful like their mom? This is a horrible example but I am trying to get the point across that sometimes it helps to have a vision of their personify first.

I usually figure out what region the character is based on, then look up various words that represent them and use those.

For example,my character's name is Canwr Dihiryn. Canwr was raised by a man who spoke Welsh to be a con artist.

One of my favorite songs is about con arists of the technological variety. Main chorus repeats "Singer is a crook, whoah-ey-oh"

Canwr means Singer, Dihiryn technically means criminal/villain, which is the closest you can get to "crook" in the language via Google Translate because I do not speak Welsh.

ThePrinceoffire ThePrinceoffire

I appreciate the suggestion! I suppose I didn't specify at the time I was writing the original post, but I probably should. I am not personally looking for character names. I'm looking for inspiration for names for 2 actual real life children. I figured if someone else happens to see the suggestions and like some of them then they can also use this for any character names.

Again, sorry for any confusion I may have caused!

ThePrinceoffire ThePrinceoffire

I appreciate the suggestion! I suppose I didn't specify at the time I was writing the original post, but I probably should. I am not personally looking for character names. I'm looking for inspiration for names for 2 actual real life children. I figured if someone else happens to see the suggestions and like some of them then they can also use this for any character names.

Again, sorry for any confusion I may have caused!
no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back