Mythical Creatures Are Real?

Somewhere out in a forest there appeared something that had never been seen before. A winged humanoid figure lay on the ground asleep. However the light filtering through the trees would not have it. Slowly he got up and mubbled about the rude awakening. His bed head visible with his hood now down. When he looked around he was quite confused.

"Where the heck am I." Said Velajuel. "This looks nothing like the Sky Temples. It looks more like the surface. Wait, did I some how fall down from the clouds. No that doesn't make sense. I would be dead from that kind of fall. I could have been sleep flying again. But even I never flew farther than the inside of my house." He looked to his side to find his light blade laying next to him. "Ok, definitely not sleep flying. I would have never carried my sword with me." After grabbing the weapon he looked up to see that there wasn't a single sky island in sight. "How far from home am I?"

Phi whooped as she soared through the air. It had been almost a year since she'd leapt loose like this. She turned and flipped as mythics cheered on below, watching. It was some kind of religious festival or something. For some reason, when she did her signature move, the village shaman tried to interpret her flames as a sort of fortune telling. It didn't make sense, but she let them believe what they did. Besides, it let her let loose occasionally. Speaking of which...

Phi soared to an extreme height and looked down on the world. After a moment, she grinned. She began speeding towards the ground, flapping her wings at just the right moment in the air to go faster and faster. A cone of air formed around her as it began sparking. The crowd cheered as they waited for it to happen. The sparks became more and more frequent as the heat came. Her already fire-red eyes began to glow as it seemed she was almost burning. Embers soared off of her, soon becoming a blaze as she essentially turned into fire hurtling towards the ground. More and more came, before finally, there was a flash. Then, she released.

A huge explosion of fire spread across the sky, her beautiful aurora of flame reaching its red fingertips to the horizon. She grinned, listening to the applause of the villagers... except... she didn't hear anything.

Phi frowned and looked around, quickly noticing something off. "Hey," she said aloud to herself. "Where am I... am I somewhere new? How did I get here?" Her eyes lit up with excitement. "Oh, someplace new! Yay!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Genie  was  doing as she always did during her down time, that being nothing. When she didn't have a master she was confined to the vessel that held her and while it was very enticing to others she still sometimes had years of inactivity.  Still even without a master she could tell she was not where she had once been, there was not enough sand and the buildings were all wrong.  Well maybe she had been resting for long than she thought last she had checked her clock it had been 10 years since the last person  had rubbed her vessel. Well at least she woudl get to see a new country or maybe it was another world? She only thought that because form within the vessel she could gaze out and the  building around this place were just to wrong they were too advanced.  That made her rather excited  a whole new world of beings that could be her master , countless wishes she could grant and see how they unfolded, wishing for money was just so dull and over used.  This of course could not happen as she was trapped within her vessel unable to leave the jeweled locket until someone anyone found it and rubbed it. 

Just before Velajuel gave up searching the sky for any sight of home, he saw something that was not often seen. A Pheonix. He had never seen one in person but it was said that they were very intelligent creatures. Maybe it could help him find home. Spreding his wings he took off into the sky after it. Once he cuaght up with his he then abruptly hovered in front of its path. "Excuse me!"

@Assailant

Warren was running. A lot. She had gotten herself into trouble once again and found herself to be almost flying on her feet through the woods adjacent to a town. Something was chasing her, intrigued by what she was. So she continued running, closing her eyes and imagining being away from the people who wanted to take her away. When she opened them again, she found herself in a forest clearing she didn't recognize. She cleared the treeline and stepped out into the open, the alarms in her head blaring. She was somewhere different, somewhere she could not identify. Not knowing any better, Warren called out for any other living thing. 

"Hello?" She shouted, looking around the clearing and listening to the trees in the treeline. As far as she could sense with her powers, no one was around. On the ground, that was. Warren looked to the sky. She didn't remember it being this clear, or this bright when she ran into the woods. She could not have been running for that long. She squinted, covering her eyes from the sun. Her careful eyes picked out two figures in the sky, though she couldn't make out what they were.

How interesting

Warren sat down in the clearing, eyes trained on the figures in the clouds.

@Latios @Assailant

Phi looked around. After a few moments, she decided to fly off to survey the area. However, before she could, an archangel approached her.

"Woah!" She yelped in surprise as the creature got in front of her. She quickly gasped and shook her head. "O-Oh no! If you're here to smite these people, please forgive them!" She pleaded, referring to the villagers she no longer was around. "I promise it's just all a big misunderstanding and it's not like they worship me or anything I'm just a means to the soothsaying end and please don't smite them, they're all precious cinnamon buns!"

@Latios

Velajuel looked around for a moment. "What village. All I see is forest. Anyways, I was wonder if you could point me to the Sacratom Sky Temples. I some how got lost in my sleep."

@Assailant

Phi cocked her head. "Hm? I'm afraid I don't know what that is, pal. Although, it looks like I'm in a similar situation as you. I have no idea where I am either!" She squeed a little and clenched her eyes in excitement. "Isn't this fun? We get to go on an adventure!"

@Latios

"Well, kinda. But I got to find my home. It's couldn't be to far. Even if I fell out of the sky."

@Assailant

Phi shook her head. "I dunno. Your home sounded pretty important, but I don't know of any place like that nearby. I was flying down, so I couldn't have possibly gone far. Something weird's happening."

@Latios

"Well you know what they say. There's no place like home. I have to agree with you. I still don't know how I managed to lose my home. Last thing I knew I was in bed and I wake up in this forest. I know myself to fly in my sleep but this is ridiculous."

@Assailant  

Phi nodded. "I can be a taaaaaaaaad overzealous with my flying... but I've been almost everywhere in the world, and I don't recognize this place at all."

@Latios

"Great, we're both lost. How the heck are either one of us going to get to where we want. I can't find my home are you can't find your... Village. Any ideas where to start."

@Assailant

Niamh was gasping! Where was she? She'd finished her latest meal, a poor village boy who had tried to ride her. It didn't take long before her thrashing finally caused him to pass out and then, came the sweet feast, strengthening her bond and making her feel alive.

She ate everything, and the sweet succulent flesh made her eyes go wide. By nightfall, she'd slept under the serene moonlight, nestled in her bog and a bed of kelp. Only now, she wasn't on a bed of kelp. The half horse-half sea serpent was clambering for her lake, but found she was somewhere...different.

A place of concrete castles and...peasant trash! The odd, alien pieces stuck to her slimy skin and caused the kelpie to wince in pain. Ahead, she saw a tiny, golden lamp. Quickly, she clambered to the lamp, knocking it aside.

(Don't know if it counts as rubbing it)

@Karcen

While not exactly rubbing  it was close enough  something had moved the pendant vessel against it's skin. Dijnn were thought to be in lamps but in truth they could be in a anything from a sword to a ring  it really didn't matter. Either way the pendant was rubbed and that meant something had picked it up so genie had a new owner and new wishes to grant. The locket opened up and blue smoke rushed out from the open pendant more than it could ever hope to hold if it was all pumped in. From the smoke a form swiftly solidified taking the form of the top half of a human female with the bottom being the blue smoke that seemed to never end . 

Genie stretched her  arms and cracked her neck sending her head spinning wildly around.  " 10 years will give you such a crick in the neck" she said  her head stopping to look at the thing that had rubbed the pendant while her body faced away.  " Nice to meet you mistress got your wish list ready?" she asked.

Phi flapped her wings and looked around. "Well... I don't have any surefire plans. But I can fly really fast! I can see if I can find some sort of civilization... or someone at all!"

@Latios 

"Ya found me. How about that weird tall rock mountain formation." He said pointing to a city on the distance. "That looks interesting enough."

@Assailant

Phi nodded. "Weird, how well made it is, huh? A little too perfect for nature... Ooh, maybe there are some rock tribes living there, who carve their homes into mountainsides!" She was already getting somewhat excited. She hadn't seen such a thing in... a few hundred years, at least! "Yeah, let's go!"

@Latios

Phi grinned. "I've been flying for millenia. Do your worst." With that, she pumped her wings, taking off at breakneck speeds. She turned into a bolt of fire, her speed seeming to dissolve her completely and render her to a streak of flames flying through the sky.

@Latios

@Karcen

Niamh looked up at the thing before her? Wishes? Did it say wishes. For a second, Niamh wondered if it could read minds. But at the present moment, the only thing that came to Niamh's mind was the fact that she was drying up and fast.

With one desperate heave, Niamh tried her best to speak basic. "Aquaa...aquaa...please!"

Velajuel grind at the challenge. Useing both sets of wings he was able to fly fast enough to catch back up with the bird. "Your not getting away that easily." He shouted. 

@Assailant  

Phi laughed as Velajuel caught up. "Huh, you're really fast! Good. I like a challenge." With that, she began pushing even harder, going faster. In all the time she'd been alive, she'd mastered the form of flying. However, in terms of pure muscle, this life she hadn't built up much, so it may explain her being tied like this.

@Latios

"water well thats a new obe" Genie chuckled " now lets see aquafina, desani, hmm what water to use" she said bottles appering in her hands as she spoke.

Genie did actully know ehat was going on but loved to tease her masters at first and the first wishbwas always the best chance to mess with them. She doon created a sphere of water and dumped it over the kelpie throughly soaking her.

"Well thats one wish down" she said playing on the idea that wishes came in limited numbers.

@GhastlySquash

Users who are viewing this thread