• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Mystery/Suspense Roleplay(Interest Check)

DreRex

Shadow Lurker
So, I have got this idea for a rp. And I am not sure if it would be able to incite interest in you guys or not. Sorry for the bad flow of writing.I was writing it in a hurry.

There is basically a site(name yet to be decided) where people gather to create and solve different type of puzzles from different places for fun and talk about conspiracy theories from different places. They would also discuss different events and conventions related to these that happen around the city and country else the other users miss them due to the small scale nature of such events. Few people on that site gathered together to form a private group on that site whose administrator was decided to be a person with the alias RealAnon. After a year or so after the forming of group, the people of the group decided to meet somewhere in real life for some purpose despite there being no new event happening around that time. But, after that day, their families never heard of them. The group and the accounts of the people also disappeared without a trace from that site.The people were from all over the country. The police tried to find the other users of the group, but with the group gone and the person in question leaving no physical record after leaving the city through some transportation, the police from different places could not connect the disappearances with the disappearances from other parts of the nation. The police gave up on the case after a couple of months and declared that the person may have died due to an accident.

You are someone close to the person missing. You can be their children, nephew, cousin ,sibling, friend, partner or anything or maybe even an enthusiastic police officer who still has not given up on the case.You would get back on the site and try to find other people who may have known the person you are searching about.You would try to get close to them and would attend the events, solve the puzzles and explore the theories that the person close to you may have tried their hands on , that would lead you close to each other and eventually you would together try to find the reason they may have gone missing. Could it have been really a big misunderstanding and they may have really died in an accident together? Or something bad may have happened, and they may have unknowingly become a part of something they shouldn't have?Maybe a puzzle they shouldn't have solved or a conspiracy theory best left untouched?

The country would be fictional as the members of the rp would be from different countries. There may be some specific details missing.You can ask me about them in the comments.

Tell me what you guys think about this. Any constructive suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:
The idea is refreshing, not something you see very often. I enjoy the puzzle solving, because I love puzzles. However, definitely needs some work, of course I understand it's simply just an interest check. Is it something I would participate in? Maybe. Surely a maybe. We'll see how it goes.
Here are some questions that I have and could probably help other players:
The country would be fictional as the members of the rp would be from different countries. There may be some specific details missing.You can ask me about them in the comments.
You are posting in a Realistic Modern Setting, but you said the Countries would be fictional. So are we just making up country names to fancy the characters?

The missing people are clearly NPC's, but how do you plan to help guide the players to "Solving" the mystery? Will you be giving hints or messaging certain players to help progress ect?

RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf
First, its the cities' name that are going to be fictional. But I didn't want even those to be fictional as obviously the answers to some of the puzzles would be the cities' name . I guess I would ask the other people afterwards if they want the names of cities from a real country such as the States and UK or they would like fictional ones.

I do not plan to guide the players as it would kill everyone else's ideas. Each player would find their own clues, for example, it can be something like a government conspiracy or the cicada 3301(Please look this up. This is what I kind of got this idea from).And each player has to incorporate others ideas into theirs own and find a common ground on what could have possibly happened to the people missing. I would also be acting as the site in the sense I would post some puzzles. On solving those, I would give you some information about some new events or some rumors floating around, so in a way it can be said I would probably direct the players a bit.Though the idea is still in an embryonic stage and can end up becoming a bit complicated.

I have decided to close this rp. This rp is a complete mess and I don't think anything could be made out of it.
Sorry Red_Delta Red_Delta RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf if you were a bit interested. But, I guess that even you guys might have realized that it was headed towards being a train wreck. Silly me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back