• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital My Sketches of Stuff

gingira

dankestdoctor
Here's the first sketch of Grania, my first OC on this forum :O

graniarev1.png

Here is her costume change that never saw the light of day in the RP she was in.

graniarev1.5.png

Aaaaaand this is what I did today for fun. I just really wanted to make a picture of her that highlights her disabilities (amputated arm and glass left eye) and update her gear. I'm really glad it turned out nicely~

graniarev2 2.png

Also I did some referencing on these, so if you recognized anything, brownie points for you :v

(pleaselookatthemfullsizedOTL

Last edited by a moderator:
These are gooooooorgeouus. Do you colour your work? Is there somewhere we can see more?

Also, the inevitable question, would you ever consider doing requests?

The first image reminds me strongly of lightning from Final fantasy 13. 

Wooooah, now that you mention it I'm beginning to see it too. Interestingly enough, the first iteration of Grania has pink hair too ; w ;

These are gooooooorgeouus. Do you colour your work? Is there somewhere we can see more?

Also, the inevitable question, would you ever consider doing requests?

Thank you! I'm really bad with colors, shading and a lot of finer details so I just stick with black and white now OTL. Here's a shoddy, colored version of the first picture of Grania https://i.imgsafe.org/033b5bb1a9.png 

I did some Fire Emblem OCs for people a few years ago for funsies too.

http://i.imgur.com/AB59qnS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AtdxxKW.jpg

and many more! but they don't meet the presentable standard I set for myself anymore T_T

As for requests, I don't mind if anyone asks for one, but I work really slow (usually two or three days for a decent sketch, provided I feel motivated enough), so I'll only do one at a time. Just tell me the general appearance of your character (pictures are ok too!), what their age range is, what kinda pose you want and I miiiiiight be able to come up with something nice, but it'll be black and white with no background for sure,

But just so y'all know, I'm getting surgery to get a few screws and steel plates out of my dominant hand soon, so I'll be without it for a while. It might take a long time to do anything depending on how the operation goes :S  

Gosh! I hope your surgery goes well! I will keep you in mind for portraits, thanks. If I don't get a request to you before your surgery, obviously there is no hurry. Good luck with everything! 

Thats a very strong design. The second outfit is so good... I particularly like the cape to cover the arm (lack of arm, rather) and jacket design.

Thats a very strong design. The second outfit is so good... I particularly like the cape to cover the arm (lack of arm, rather) and jacket design.

Thanks! I really wanted the second outfit to give off an "endgame" vibe compared to her leather armor. It's a shame that I never finished the design T_T

@gingira

You're welcome

But hey you can still finish it!

I'm glad I saw this post though.. It makes me want to draw all of my RPCs  ^_^

woah, you're amazing... that last picture is gorgeous ^^ i like how lively and expressive your sketches are too, they're fluid and don't look stiff like a lot of rougher art can. 

if you're still taking requests i'd be interested, but your health comes first! i wish you all the best, as an artist i'd be very scared to have anything done to my drawing hand. 

thank you for sharing your creativity ^^

!!! good

no but the level of detail on the things that you've drawn is like, insane. You got all the nitty gritty details down, the anatomy is flawless and body proportions are top!!!111111 Even your sketchy sketchs look amazing ///envies 

You nail face shape my guy, keep it up!!

ha if ur still taking requests im curious but dont get overwhelmed requests can be a pain.

woah, you're amazing... that last picture is gorgeous ^^ i like how lively and expressive your sketches are too, they're fluid and don't look stiff like a lot of rougher art can. 

if you're still taking requests i'd be interested, but your health comes first! i wish you all the best, as an artist i'd be very scared to have anything done to my drawing hand. 

thank you for sharing your creativity ^^

Thank you! I'm always worried that since my style is pretty "sharp", my characters appear super rigid ;w;. It's a relief to hear elsewise from someone~. Anyway, my surgery has been postponed til the summer, so I get to derp around for the rest of the month :B andthenbacktomedschool OTL

!!! good

no but the level of detail on the things that you've drawn is like, insane. You got all the nitty gritty details down, the anatomy is flawless and body proportions are top!!!111111 Even your sketchy sketchs look amazing ///envies 

You nail face shape my guy, keep it up!!

ha if ur still taking requests im curious but dont get overwhelmed requests can be a pain.

Hehehehehe, thanks! You keep up the good work too!ヽ(*゜∀゜*)ノ .... yo i hav no idea wat im doin forreal doe

I have one request in the works at the time of this post, so maaaaaybe I can take another? I'm a little burnt out on drawing right now, so if y'all want something, it'll take a big while.

Also since Chinese New Year is coming up here is a Chinese New Grania with a test color scheme.

cnygrania.png

This here is the reason I don't wanna draw right now >w>. screw drawing clothes, screw shading, and especially screw prospective.

OH SHIT

OH MY GOD

SO GOOD WOW

PERFECTION

DIDN'T REALLY LIKE HER IN THE GAME BUT DAMN

YOU CAN DRAW

OH MY GOD

LORDS HELP ME

Kinda reminds me of something that would be from fire emblem

By the way, I relate to not being able to color for shit

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I'M GLAD YOU LIKE MY WORK!

Grania's first outfit was actually pretty much ripped straight off of FE:A mercenaries ;w; 

no color lyfe iz hard lyfe.(つД`)ノ

Woah 0-0 your art is frigging awesome *-* it's so pretty and fluid ;-; Ahh! I wish I could draw THT then I wouldn't have to request shiz all the time *shakes my fist at the sky*

First and foremost, I sincerely apologize to all the people who requested art, but did not receive their piece. Medical school is really taking it's toll on my free time, and when it started to get really bad I just... you know, stopped. Again, I'm really sorry!

I've been in a character-makey feeling recently though, so I've been working on concept art here and there.

Currently working on an update/redesign for this guy~

aaaaand here's wat i got

concept1-3.png

S'not done, and it's pretty much the same though (; - ; ). I dunno how else to spice it up from the original right now, and the bottom right shoulder pad is impossible to recreate orz /struggleisreal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back