• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern π™Όπš’ πšπš’πšπšŽ π™Ύπš› π™³πš’πšŽπšœ ~ An RP based on π˜›π˜©π˜¦ π˜–π˜Άπ˜΅π˜΄π˜ͺπ˜₯𝘦𝘳𝘴

A Hazy Sort of Clarity

[One Thousand Club]
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is an RP based on The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. If you haven't read the book, I definitely suggest it, or at least watch the movie, but it's alright if you haven't, as this is a semi-sandbox RP and you don't have to know the full plot of the book to understand what's happening.

It's the 1950s in Tusla, Oklahoma. Swing, jazz, poodle skirts and Coca Cola were everything in those days. But something that mattered even more was what side you were on. Tusla was very separated in those days, and for good reason, or so the teens of Tusla thought.

On the West Side of Tusla, you had your poor, 'good-for-nothing' greasers.
These kids are trapped by circumstance. Living on the West Side made you a troublemaker.
Greasers were 'tuff', wore leather jackets, smoked and fooled around.
There were often gangs of greasers, and those who weren't organized gangs were simply a close-knit group of friends.
They couldn't afford a lot, and even if they tried, they couldn't get very good jobs,
So they'd resort to theft. Shoplifting.
Sometimes they committed crimes because they had no choice. But most of the time it was for fun.
The East side kids like to come into their territory. They can't stand it.

And on the East Side of Tusla, you had your Socials, AKA Socs. These kids had it all. Wealth, good education, more opportunity.
They're cold, sarcastic kids who don't let their true feelings show. They're truly often unhappy.
But they won't admit that. Lose face in front of others, especially your own kind? Pff.
These kids had big fancy cars and lived in large houses. They wore 'respectable' clothes.
They drank. They smoked. They partied. Just like the Greasers.
But the difference is that the trouble they cause is more easily brushed off by the fuzz.
They like to invade the West Side. They mug people in packs. They may be mean, but they're smart.
Sometimes the Socs and Greasers had a lot in common.

But they still fought. Often, rumbles happened, where a group of Greasers and a group of Socs would fight. Combine that with the regular Greaser beat-downs by the Socs, and there was your fair share of fighting going on.
And yet, sometimes there'd be a friendship made between a Greaser and a Soc. Maybe it'd be at a local drive-in movie, maybe at the public school both sides shared.

Sometimes things just happen.
Maybe, through all this separation and superiority...
Maybe we're all just human.

RULES:

~Please be consistent with replies.
~Be nice to one another
~Don't force each other's characters to do things
~Shipping is allowed, just make sure the other person is okay with it.
~Again, this takes place in the 1950s, so make sure your character fits with the time period, whether they be a Greaser or Soc.
~You can also introduce and RP characters from The Outsiders, but please, only do it if you know how the characters truly act.
~This RP may contain sensitive topics, such as mental health and substance abuse, so please be mature about it.
~Have fun!!

OOC
Character Sheets

Last edited:
Oh, it’s been quite a while since I read the book for my English class, but I remember genuinely LOVING it. I’m interested in this one! 😍

Oh, it’s been quite a while since I read the book for my English class, but I remember genuinely LOVING it. I’m interested in this one! 😍
Great! I'll have the character sheet up today! ^^
I happened to read it for my English class too, and it was so good that I asked my teacher if I could keep a copy of it XD

Great! I'll have the character sheet up today! ^^
I happened to read it for my English class too, and it was so good that I asked my teacher if I could keep a copy of it XD
I had to buy it myself, one of the only books I allowed on my bookshelves πŸ˜‚

I will work on a CS tomorrow!

Oh well

Also, is it just me, or did the movies severely alter some of the characters? Especially my husbando Sodapop, he changed so much ;~;

Some scenes were also pretty different, but at least they kept Johnny the same. He'll always be in our hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back