• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern My muse

Lcalhoun

A bright, good evening to you all. I have this idea for a plot that I would like to attempt with someone. It's pretty basic, I admit, not to mention contrite, but the standard rules apply. I'll list them below just for reference.

1) I am seeking someone literate to advanced. I like detail and posts that move the plot forward. My typical response varies in length, but I can always provide at least two paragraphs. I expect the same from my partner. Decent grammar and spelling are a must.

2) Depth of character is required. I know the plot is basic, but that doesn't mean the characters will be two-dimensional. I expect characters to have both strengths and weaknesses. Perfection is just boring.

3) Gender roles. I have absolutely nothing against the LGBTQ+ community and even identify as part of said community. However, I prefer to roleplay m x f stories. In this particular one, I am looking for someone to play the male role.

4) Frequency/activity. I work full-time Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM EST. I have access to a computer for my entire shift, but my job comes first. Even so, I can still usually post at least twice a day. I would like to write with someone who can do the same. I realize that real life comes first, though, and will understand if you can't post for a while. Just let me know.

5) Limits. I have no limits in regards to... well, anything, really. If you do, please make me aware so I can try my best to respect those limits.

Now for the fun part!

As I said previously, the plot is basic and contrite. I will be playing the female character and would love for someone to play the male.

A young woman just recently won a modeling contest and has signed a contract with a modeling agency. She couldn't be more thrilled. On her first day at the job, she meets an older photographer (your character). His expertise and professionalism are intimidating, but they soon develop a working friendship. Nothing serious, just the occasional cup of coffee. The young woman is very careful to keep her distance, frequently mentioning a boyfriend she loves. The photographer gets the point and they maintain their casual acquaintance, working often together on photo shoots.

One day, the modeling agency agrees to do an ad campaign for the local women's shelter. It is to feature the models of the agency with typical physical signs of domestic abuse: bruises, cut lips, downcast eyes. My character walks into hair and make-up, but she doesn't require any make-up to fake the bruises. That boyfriend she loves? Well, he's got a bit of a temper, you see. And she just gets in the way.

The photographer notices the bruises, of course, and breaks protocol, cornering the model and demanding answers. Tearfully, she reveals the abuse and the physical barrier that the two have had up since the beginning disintegrates.

Obviously romance and drama will be involved with this. Please be willing to contribute to the plot -- role playing is a collaboration, after all.

Again, I'm looking for someone to play the photographer. I will be doubling as the model and abusive boyfriend and we both will have to write small supporting roles.

If interested, please message me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back