• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings My Lover is a Time Traveller

DarkledMind

*lo-fi noises*
Hi, my name is Quin. I love to write, and to roleplay. I'll be brief here in what you can expect from me. I can roleplay at several different levels, from semi-lit, full lit, or even novella. I am ditch friendly! If things happen, I understand. Even if you disappear for a few months and want to start the same thread, that's fine with me too. I can reply at least once a day, and sometimes more if I am not too busy. I can also double, or even control whole worlds. I pref to play masculine characters, but I can play women.

I have been around on the circuit for a while and I do have some expectations.
Please, be 18 or older. I can roleplay with younger, but I prefer not to, as that does mean censoring myself.
Please, have proper grammar. Like it doesn't have to be perfect (especially if English isn't your first language)
Please! Have proper roleplay ettiquette. Do not control my character in any capacity. If there are fight scenes, do not auto hit, and do not dodge everything.
And lastly, please be capable of forming a choerent narrative. I tell stories. I do not just throw two characters into a scenario and let it go. If you are having problems with a scene, we can skip. But if you just want to write disconnected scenes, that is not for me.

Okay, now to the plot.

I really want to do a time travel plot. The idea I have though is oddly specific. It's not set in the far off future when time travel is actually invented. It can be futuristic if you want, or modern, or even historical.

The idea is that the time traveller is able to manipulate time and space through sheer force of will. The traveller does not age, and often times has problems remembering the full course of events they have lived through. They basically become an entity more than human. But, they still love. Somehow, they run into this certain human time and time again. Despite their efforts to remain detached, they grow close to this person. The traveller may take their new lover with them, or maybe they have to live with the fact that they do not age, and have to watch their lover slowly die. Maybe we throw a bit of Lightning by Dean Koontz in there, where the traveller tries to go back and fix all the wrongs done to his lover. Maybe the traveller does not have full control of their abilities, and finds their lover in any iteration? Is there reincarnation?

The narrative would probably follow the traveller more than the human. That way our human minds don't have to try and tangle the mess of time the traveller has to. So when we time hopped, the previous events that happened in the last time period were the most recent events according to the traveller. The time period may change for the lover by going backwards or forwards. I don't think I'm explaining that correctly-- whatever.

This is of course malleable as a plot. Want to take the "human elevated into some sort of time lord" in a different direction? Maybe the traveller is being chased across time and space? Maybe the traveller thinks they are alone, and then meets another traveller (I like this one too.)

I would prefer to be the traveller. I just like the idea of a single human who has transcended what we believe possible, but is still human enough to love. And I also have a vague character in mind as well. But if you have a good character in mind, please, by all means.

I will accept all gender pairings for this. MxM MxF FxF, enby, trans, anything.

Pm me or reply here to plot with me!

I really like your idea. It kind of reminds me of a book I read once, though the man in it wasn't a time traveler, he was immortal.

PM me and we can discuss details?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back