• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy My Fair Prince

They would soon find themselves back home "well... I better get changed... don't want my parents finding me in these clothing..."

Travis would have a quick shower and got changed. Christine and Arthur would soon arrive for breakfast as they sat down per usual in their spots as Christine looks to Nadine "Good morning, how did things go for you? I hope that boy wasn't to much trouble"

Arthur would look to her "Sounds like you had somewhat of a good time, so what has my son been doing this whole time when he sneaks out?"

Arthur would look to her a bit surprised "He used a different name huh? why did he do that?" He would asked quite curiously"

Christine would look to Arthur "He will be fine, its probably safer that way as well, if people knew who he really was he'd be in danger" Arthur would sigh a bit as he knew she was right "Alright Dear, if you think he'll be fine then I won't argue..." Travis would soon enter as he would sit down at the table "Morning everyone, what we all talking about?" Christine would look to him "well, Nadine was just letting us know that you've made friends in town so we decided to let you do as you'd like" Travis would look at them surprised "Really? Thats awesome! I mean... thank you, mother, father..." Arthur would chuckle as they continue breakfast as Travis looked to Nadine a bit and whispered "thanks..."

The three would enjoy breakfast as per normal as Travis would return to his room as he would open his window to look out of it as he sat in the window sill as he looked out over the town

Travis would see her go into the garden to help as he just watched her from his room

She chatted with the gardener happily.

"I see you've been around the prince a lot lately."

"Well, yes. There were situations that required me to be with him. He's about my age so I don't believe it's odd. It's not like I'm doing anything other than speaking with him and making sure he's okay."

"You were out all night with him."

"We stayed at his friend's house. I couldn't exactly walk home by myself."

Travis would listen in a bit of their conversation as he was there by chance as he was curious on what people would talk about behind his back a bit as he never really paid much attention to those who worked under his family

"You really have an affinity for guys like him, don't you?"

She pursed her lips. "Don't beat around the bush. Go ahead and say it. I'm targeting him, right?"

"You said it, not me." The gardener gave a shrug. "Face it, sweetie. Getting cozy isn't gonna change shit about you. You'll always have the soul and blood of a scullery maid. I'll always be a gardener. No matter who's bed I jump into."

She blushed brightly. "Now you're getting ahead of yourself! I only went with him because I was curious about what he did when he snuck away. It's my job to make sure everyone is happy and healthy, and if walking with him could put his parents' minds at ease and allow him to do what he wants, why should I have kept in the servants' quarters? I'm doing my job and what is best to help this family by making sure they are all on good terms and understand each other. No 'cozy' allowed."

Travis would chuckle and clapped his hands a bit "Well said Nadine, Well said, Try not bothering her to much Mister Gardener, its as she said, theres nothing between us, she did her job and it helped" He would jump out the window as he was only on the second floor as he landed with a bit of ease as he dusted himself off a bit "Plus, its part of her job to be close with the family, maids like any other worker in this place are meant to be like family, I mean, who else here knows how my mother loves her garden to be like this besides yourself"

Nadine jumped, looking at her feet. "I'm sorry you heard that conversation, milord..."

The gardener huffed indignantly. "Even I can see what she's trying to do, Travis."

"A maid is made to get close to the family of which hired them, plus, she has only done in which my parents had asked her to do, plus... with all the maids we've had, so far she is the only one that has put effort into the job she does, wouldn't you think that as well?"

"A maid is meant to mind her place; Not run around town in the ungodly hours of the morning with a boy that wants to play commoner for a few hours! It's insulting that you have so much and yet you still whine about not being able to have any real friends. You think she might be one? Do you trust her? She wouldn't be here unless you had money!"

He would walk up to the gardener as he looked at him "You think I asked for this sort of life? yes... I may have everything I could ever want in the world, its true she wouldn't be here if I didn't have money, but neither would you, As for the time i spend outside this home, whats wrong with me trying to know how people of lower statuses feel, I wish to know how they live, how they feel, the problems they have, so that way, I can do what I can when I take over to ease the pain of everyone in there." He would turn his back and started to walk away "Its true that I may not be able to make real friends, but doesn't mean I'm someone who takes what he has for granted"

The gardener walked away as well, just leaving Nadine there. Maybe she shouldn't be working there anymore. If even her coworkers thought she was some gold-digging floozy, maybe she shouldn't be around to find out what the rest of the community felt. She couldn't get out of this. She couldn't go work anywhere else or do anything else. What could she do about it besides distance herself and hide like she always did? At least the prince had some friends outside of these walls and the luxury of changing identities with the ability to go back to his cushy one any time. She was stuck there as someone she couldn't stand, doing everything she didn't want to do.

He would look back to her seeing her a bit lost as he sighed "Nadine, come walk with me for a bit, none of this was your fault to begin with"

She looked away. "Consider this my two weeks," she said, walking away to head back inside.

(idk if I should change it or we should roll with her leaving and somehow ending up back in his life under different circumstances... It took me like 10 minutes to hit submit.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back