Accidentally posted this on the wrong forum at first. But here's my character

Can I have advice on him?

Name: Vincent Ace Adler
Species: Robot
Height: 6'3
Personality: Dramatic, Obsessive, Organized
Sexuality: Ace-Bi

He's just a character I made for fun, but I'll gladly use him for roleplay

He's newer, but I decided for him to be in my first post.
(Image made on Picrew)

Edit (backstory{Thank you Crayons for the advice}): Vincent was created by an English engineer named Charles .J. Adler. Charles built him to be his friend and assistant. Vincent always entertained Charles, which gives him the dramatic attitude he has when participating in the arts. Vincent saw his creator as more than a creator, but as a god. Then one night, Charles died in a fire, and the only thing Vincent could carry away from that situation was the memories. He hid among the humans now with no place to go. He soon met a young engineer that reminded him of Charles. The smell, the looks, the brain. That triggered his system to recognize the person as his creator, which made him overjoyed. The engineer took him in. The house was a cozy one with gadgets lying here and there, like Charles' workspace. That made Vincent even more joyful. He soon became obsessed with anything that said "Charles" to him...even screams. He later met a woman who was with the engineer. She was kind and gentle. But the attention he got had been taken away making him furious. Later that night, he snuck into the bedroom where the couple slept, but a clip implanted into him starting playing. It was Charles talking about if he died then bla bla bla, but then Charles said "I know you might want to bring me back, but reality prevents that"
Vincent did want to bring him back, but as he said, reality prevented that. He could only hang onto what was left of Charles...himself. He started building up mental walls and stayed away from all humans and robots as much as he possibly could, because at the end of the day, he was the only piece left and he needed to stay that way.

Attachments

• download20200101011818.png
    download20200101011818.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So far he looks fine! I think it would be good if you gave some more thought to his personality and his backstory. At the moment he is more of a concept than a character.

Try to think about such things as:

Who created him and why?
Does he tend to be around other robots or humans?
What is his function intended to be, and what does he actually do?
In what situations does he become "dramatic" and how does this manifest itself?
What is he most obsessed with - a hobby, a goal, his work?
What kind of setting does he exist in?

and then also try to answer some of these questions, assuming he has emotions of some kind:

What makes him happy?
What makes him angry?
What does he value most?
What is he afraid of?
What does he want and what prevents him from getting it?

At this point, it's just about developing your concept to make him more of a character. Good luck!

Love the Picrew btw! Very cute.

Thank you! I'll add that on

Wow great work adding his bio in! :)

One thing I'd suggest is to not make him too distant from others or this will impair your ability to RP - RP at its core involves characters interacting with other characters. If he's too much of a loner, then he's not going to get much interaction, therefore it won't be fun for you to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back