• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern MxM Search

contemptress

Hello hello. Feel free to call me Emily, it is my name, after all, and it's a lot better than calling me the 'contemptress'. I'm pretty sure that's not even a word, just a great song.

I have some extra time on my hands and I could use a good cry. So here I am, seeking out some other angsty writers like myself! I may not know how to make a fancy thread just yet, but I have OCD, so I can make shit organized as hell. Nothing worse than a huge block of text.

About Me:
  • In regards to timezones, I live on the East Coast of the U.S.
  • I'm a part-time student, but I also have a part-time job. So I suppose that adds up to a full-time something. Regardless of that, though, I do tend to be around quite a bit. At the very, very least, once a day!
  • I'm 18+ myself, so I do prefer that my partners aren't like really young. I'm a college student, so I'm not like super old, but still.
  • I legitimately have and am diagnosed with OCD, so unfortunately, there are some days that I just won't feel healthy enough to reply. I will warn you if that's the case, though. It's rare, but I just came out of a rough patch, and figured a warning would be important!
About You:
  • My requests are very simple. I just ask that you make an effort when replying. I don't care if your replies are three sentences, so as long as the plot is being moved along. If you can make the roleplay exciting with a paragraph, lovely. If you can make it exciting with ten paragraphs, lovely. Quality over quantity always!
  • Please, please be friendly out of character. We don't have to become BFFS (unless you want to, I love making friends online, I won't force anyone, though!) but it sucks when you feel like you're chatting to a brick wall. I use smileys a lot when talking out of character, I like to get pumped about our plots and characters, etc. Especially when brainstorming, like, cmon toss me a bone or something. This is supposed to be a fun thing!
My Ideas/Themes:
I totally found these on roleplay idea websites, so I can't take credit.

Idea One (I'd like to be Character B)
Character A proposes to Character B. Problem is, Character B has no idea who Character A is or why they’re proposing. In the confusion, however, Character B says yes, overwhelmed by their attraction to Character A. Character B was recently in an accident, which resulted the loss of all memories of their significant other. Character A is aware of the memory loss, but proposed because Character B had forgotten the original proposal.

Idea Two (I'd like to be Muse B)
Muse A has kidnapped Muse B, not out of vengeance or for ransom, but because they think they love Muse B. Muse A is delusional and believes that the only way that they can be together is if they keep Muse B locked up in their home, unable to escape or call for help. As Muse A falls deeper into their delusion, they try to convince Muse B that they are in love and that Muse B is the one being irrational, and at the same time, Muse B must try to convince Muse A to let them go, or let their guard down just long enough for Muse B to make a run for it.

Okay so the next ones lowkey made me laugh and I think they were written up as jokes, but I thought they'd be interesting to take seriously and develop. Hear me out, the element of surprise is fun in roleplays!
  • 'I found you sleeping on my balcony when I went out to water my plants why are you here and more importantly how did you get here we’re eighteen floors up’ (I'd like to be the one who finds your character sleeping on his balcony)
  • 'I’m having a minor breakdown in the middle of Bed Bath and Beyond and you’re a bewildered shopper who wants to buy plates but also wants to make sure I’m okay because I'm wailing a little bit in the kitchenware section’ (I'd want my character to be the one having the breakdown)
  • 'Why are you dancing in your underwear to Kelly Clarkson in a public bathroom while brushing your teeth?' (I'd like my character to be the one in the public bathroom dancing and brushing his teeth)
I think that's about it for now, but I'll add to this as I find more ideas that catch my attention. Hopefully you found something that you'd like to try! If you have, feel free to message me or post below. (: talk to ya soon!

Last edited:
I remember reading a fanfiction based on Idea One, and I remember just sobbing throughout the whole thing. Good memories, Idea Two reminds me of Killing Stalking, a Korean Manhwa Series, except w/out all the gore. I'm honestly interested in both Ideas, as well as the little side pieces you have, which if you're interested in talking about, we can maybe expand on a couple of them? Overall, I'm sold.

I'm interested in the second idea! I have been planning to try and find a partner for something like that too.
And a small note- I laughed so hard at the dancing in your underwear in a public bathroom to Kelly Clarkson.

ok look I really want to do literally any (or all tbh) of the "joke" plots. pick your favorite, 'cause hon I'm ready

NeoTheBaka NeoTheBaka I love that idea, so if you're still interested, totally PM me! (: and I laughed at the Kelly Clarkson one as well :-P

kelly kelly Yay! Maybe we can mix a few of them (: PM me!

Abel Abel I'm glad, feel free to PM me if you're still down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back