• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MxM, Literate+, Never Mind the Prefix

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
Ellooo. So I'm looking for a specific sort of relationship/plot kind of deal, but it can fit into a variety of settings. Basic idea first:

Our characters are two guys who spend a lot of time together, but aren't exactly fans of each other. Hate might be a little strong, but...Mm, no, 'hate' sounds just about right. Except that the reasons why they hate each other are...not exactly mutual. My character, A, dislikes yours (B) because of some character flaw. Perhaps he is spoiled, or stuck-up, or selfish, whatever you want. Some flaw that rubs the wrong way. But B hates A less because of his flaws (though they are numerous, and would happily list them if asked), but mostly because he actually has a raging crush on A. Not only that, but B is in denial that he's gay at all. A, however, is more perceptive than thinks, and he starts to tease about it more and more to try and force him to be honest. A only suspects that B is into dudes, not that is into him specifically. Eventually, either has to confront his own feelings or straight up explode. When the truth is revealed, everything has to change.

I figure this plot can be freestanding, with just OCs in any sort of setting (modern, medieval/victorian aristocracy, fantasy, whatever), or be inserted into an existing fandom (HP, Star Wars, etc). I'm even content to play canon characters in some settings, like HP. This could work with, say, marauders Severus/Sirius, or Draco/Harry, idk. PM me if interested, and feel free to suggest your own ideas (though I warn you I'm not super informed on a lot of popular fandoms. Sorry Supernatural fans.)

@mechanimated I know it said to PM you, but I'm slightly new and haven't worked out how exactly to go about doing that just yet..  :/

Just wanted to register my interest, it's a plot that appeals heavily to me and I'd love to have a go at it with you if you're still free to do a RP. I'd prefer just a regular modern setting, perhaps college or uni based, that would give an easy reason why they'd have to be around each other a lot. Maybe they share dorms, perhaps they're classmates and have been put together, etc etc. All sorts of possibilities. ^^

@mechanimated I know it said to PM you, but I'm slightly new and haven't worked out how exactly to go about doing that just yet..  :/

Just wanted to register my interest, it's a plot that appeals heavily to me and I'd love to have a go at it with you if you're still free to do a RP. I'd prefer just a regular modern setting, perhaps college or uni based, that would give an easy reason why they'd have to be around each other a lot. Maybe they share dorms, perhaps they're classmates and have been put together, etc etc. All sorts of possibilities. ^^

All you have to do is click their name/profile pic on the left and then hit the blue message button on the right once you've loaded up their profile page. Easy peasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back