• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [MxM][Advanced/Lit] - On The Hunt For New Partners (New Plots!)

ZitaInk

Total Ace Case

Welcome!

Hey there! So, after a hiatus, I'm back and in the midst of recovery for a broken leg. While I've been holed up, I figured now would be the perfect time to jump back into one of my favorite hobbies and look for a couple new partners. So, without further ado, here's a bit more about me :

> I'm a 24 year old college student, focusing in IT with a passion for Digital Art

> I prefer my partners to be 18+. I am not necessarily expecting mature content, it's just that I get uncomfortable roleplaying with those that are underage.

> I prefer to RP using RPN conversations

> I'm your classic nerd. I love games, movies, anime, shows, all that fun stuff. So, if you ever want to geek out, I'd be happy to engage!

> I love to speak OOC, especially to build up the story by discussing plot, characters, and world building. I honestly enjoy getting to know the people I'm roleplaying with. Even if I don't have time to post, I will likely respond to OOC chats. If you have any ideas or suggestions about the plot, the characters, or the world, never be shy to send me a message. For me, that's half the fun~!

> If I don't respond in a while, feel free to poke me. Sometimes I have a terrible memory or things accidentally don't get sent.

> I'm more of literate roleplayer that loves to write long and detailed responses. I've had a couple of past partners that have teased me about my text walls before. I honestly just really like writing and I've always found roleplaying to be a great way to exercise. I do not expect anyone to match my post size. After all, quality over quantity. Though, I would prefer, at the very least, 3+ paragraphs per post. Unless it's absolutely heart stopping, groundbreaking writing, I get very bored, very quickly when people send me single paragraph posts.

> Sometimes, I take time to respond. Lately, I should be able to respond pretty quickly, but when work and school start back up, there may be times I may need to take a brief break. I'll try to keep you posted if this should happen, and, like I said before, I'll likely respond to the OOC chats at least. As such, if you need to take a brief break, a hiatus, or if you just need time to get the creative juices flowing, do not worry about typing up fast responses. I'd much prefer a well-written post that was made with enjoyment than a hastily written one made out of obligation

Will / Won't Do :

✓ Dark and Mature themes, if so desired, if it's appropriate for the setting, or if that's just your thing. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy a bit of angst.
✓ Doubling or playing multiple characters. I actually enjoy having wide casts of characters, though if you want to just focus on the main couple, that's fine too.
✓ Dominant, Submissive, Same, I honestly don't mind playing any of them
✓ Just about any genre

✗ Real life pictures for characters. This is a strict no for me. I'll take a description or a drawn/painted character. Real pictures, though, freak me out.
✗ Anthro/Furry. Again, a pretty firm no. A couple animal features (like ears and tail) or demon characters are about as far as I go with that.
✗ M-Preg. Even in fantasy settings, I'm gonna have to say no on that. I'm sorry.
✗ Fandoms. I apologize, I just have no interest in these types of roleplays. I much prefer original stories and characters.
✗ Kinda sorta MxF or FxF. I say 'kinda' because I'm okay with roleplaying side and background characters together as such, but I very much prefer main couples to be MxM.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Pairings

Bold characters are ones that I would prefer to play
♥ I'm Craving it! The more hearts, the more I'm craving it ♥
Already have it going on / Need to be persuaded by a good plot for me to want to do it

If it inspires you to mix and match some of these pairings, by all means let me know.

General
(Open to any genre | Modern & Historical Pairings included, seeing as you can always add in some Fantasy or Sci-Fi flare if you want)

♥ ♥ ♥ Re-Imagined / Remixed Fairy Tales ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ Organized Crime (Rivals, Allies, Partners, etc.) ♥ ♥
Homeless / Stranded / Survival
♥ ♥ ♥ Rivals ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ Rival x Rival's friend / companion / partner / lover ♥
♥ Closeted x Open ♥
Hunter x Hunted
Assassin x Target
Captor x Captive
Bodyguard x Charge
♥ ♥ Hero x Villain ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ Hero's Sidekick / Friend x Villain ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ Rich x Poor ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ Rich recently made poor x Poor ♥
♥ Rich x Thief ♥
♥ Rich Criminal x Thief ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ Servant x Master ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ Abused x Rescuer ♥ ♥
Homeless x Good Samaritan
♥ ♥ ♥ Criminal x Cop / Detective / Lawman ♥ ♥ ♥
Criminal x Unwitting Accessory
Criminal x Commoner / Civilian
♥ ♥ Injured/Abused Criminal x Unknowing Healer / Rescuer ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ Prince / Nobleman x Criminal ♥ ♥
♥ Prince / Nobleman x Knight / Bodyguard ♥
♥ ♥ Prince / Nobleman x Commoner / Beggar ♥ ♥
Captain / Pirate x Stowaway
♥ Captain / Pirate x New Cabin Boy ♥
Captain / Pirate x Rival's Crewman / First Mate
♥ ♥ Captain x Captive Pirate ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ Pirate x Captive Captain ♥ ♥

Fantasy

Supernatural (Vampire, Werewolf, Witch, etc) x Human
Supernatural x Supernatural (Ex : Vampire x Shapeshifter, Witch x Witch, etc.)
♥ Shapeshifter Dragon x Knight ♥
♥ Shapeshifter Dragon x Captured Prince ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ Cursed x The One Who Cursed Them ♥ ♥ ♥
Mage x Knight
Mage x Apprentice
Mage x Magic Hater / Mage Hunter ♥
♥ Demon x Warlock ♥
♥ ♥ Witch/Warlock/Mage x Familiar / Summoned ♥ ♥
Demon x Demon Hunter
Priest / Cleric x Demon
Infernal x Celestial

Sci-Fi

♥ Researcher x Test Subject / Experiment ♥
Test Subject x Test Subject
♥ Test Subject / Experiment x Head of Security ♥
Escaped Test Subject x Normal Person ♥
Space Pirate / Smuggler x Lawman / Soldier
♥ Smuggler x Detective / Lawman ♥
Human x Alien (Nothing too outlandish, please)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Plots

Update : Added in a quick starter premise to each of these, so people can get a brief idea of things before reading the details

Bold characters are ones that I would prefer to play
♥ I'm Craving it! The more hearts, the more I'm craving it ♥
Already have it going on / Need to be persuaded by a good plot for me to want to do it

♥ ♥ ♥ || No One Was Supposed to Get Hurt || ♥ ♥ ♥
Any variety of Fantasy
Villain x Civilian (Possibly Villain's Sidekick x Hero sidestory?)

Starter Premise : Supposedly, an evil mage with an army of the dead causes trouble in the forest of a kingdom, resulting in the death of the prince. A reward for the mage's capture goes out and warriors start showing up to hunt him down. Meanwhile, a commoner/civilian stumbles across the big-bad-mage, his big-bad demon sidekick, and a big-bad skeleton all hiding out on his property because they just stole a sack of potatoes.

Stories tell of a great and powerful necromancer that rules with a skeletal army of the damned. An overlord of lost souls that's slain countless warriors. Any brave soul that has wandered into the dark and murky swamps to find his lair has never returned. Stories tell of demons guarding the walls of an ancient palace and undead beasts lurking in the water to ensnare anyone who dares trespass. Those that lose their lives to it become part of the necromancer's infernal army. Even if one should be so skilled as to make it far enough to reach the necromancer's castle, one survivor claims the place is littered with traps.

Finally, enough was enough. The king sent his own son to slay the unholy demon plaguing their lands. A week passed before the sorcerer himself appeared, face obscured by a tattered hood as he brought them the body of the prince and warned any and all who witnessed that, should they try to oppose him again, they would suffer a similar fate. Enraged, the king has begun a campaign against the villain, offering a handsome reward to any brave individual who could bring him the necromancer. The reward was even greater if one managed to bring the necromancer to him alive.

This was the story.

A peasant had lived just a mere kilometer away from the dreaded forests for a long time. Growing up, he'd been warned to be in the house before dark. Now, as an adult, the rule was set in stone ever since the disappearances began a few years ago. Ever since the announcement of the reward, it became commonplace to see guards, mercenaries, and knights passing by his farm.

One day, however, he's shocked to find a man about his age in tattered robes hiding in his barn, with a demonic looking sidekick and a skeleton holding a sack of vegetables attempting to hide in one of his barrels.

----

Some side notes :

I was thinking the story would have comedic elements, although I'm always up for adding in some dark themes and serious moments to keep things interesting, if you'd prefer. Also, though it says 'Farmer' in the description, I'm very much open to adapting the character if you have a different idea for what you want them to be.

Secondary Pairing Subplot Idea (For those interested) :

Among all of the warriors seeking out the necromancer, one man stands out. He's started to gain a reputation for his monster slaying capabilities. Whether the man really does live up to this reputation as a slayer of evil or if he's purely in this for the money and fame with no actual talent, he's started to gain the favor of young women across the kingdom, who become infatuated with the man's mysterious nature and good looks. Yet, it's not just the women who've fallen. Often from some sort of hiding place, the necromancer's demonic companion had been known to wander from the castle from time to time to admire his "knight in shining armor" from afar. Though the necromancer constantly reminds him the man is actively out to kill them, it only saddens the demon to think that he could never confess his feelings. It doesn't stop him from fantasizing, though. Or, on the odd occasion, going out of his way to sneak around and make sure the man doesn't get himself hurt while on the hunt.

♥ ♥ || Trail of Blood and Gold || ♥ ♥
Modern or Historical (Possibly add Supernatural elements?)
Injured Thief x Detective

Starter Premise : For a year, a mysterious thief has been stealing rare treasures and sending gifts and love notes to the detective in charge of his capture. However, on the one-year anniversary of his first big heist, things go south and a body is found. Never having shown violent tendencies before, things escalate. After another heist and another body, the detective finds an injured homeless man who seemingly got caught in the crossfire. Hoping to get information, the detective nurses the man back to health, not knowing that this guy just so happens to be the thief and that the thief is entirely innocent of the murders.

It has almost been a year to the day since the now infamous Rowan Phantom (Name up for change) pulled off his first heist. True to his name, his first hit was in a small town called Rowan, but since then he'd only seemed to get more and more bold. At first it was just a couple banks, followed by an art museum. Then, it was all about collecting precious and rare items. No one knew where the items went or how he ever managed to pull off his heists so seamlessly. One detective has been on the case since the first heist. The Phantom seemed to take a bizarre liking to him, teasing him with hints and clues within his little notes. Many continue to scratch their heads as no sign of the items ever seem to come up. Some claim he's laying low until he can sell them. The detective knows better. He doesn't do this for money. He does it for fun. The items are likely kept somewhere secret, as keepsakes.
Sure enough, near the anniversary of his first heist, the Rowan Phantom sends another note, letting the detective know exactly where his 'Anniversary' would be spent. However, when the anniversary comes around, something truly bizarre happens. As begrudgingly expected, the Phantom gets away. However, this time there's a body. The Phantom had never been known to be violent. A bit twisted, perhaps. Any wanted man would have to be twisted to send the detective his favorite flowers for his birthday. But his criminal profile had never once suggested he was malicious. Soon, the search for the Rowan Phantom becomes an all-out man hunt. Eventually, another body turns up. Something is stolen, yes, but there was never any note. The detective would have dismissed it entirely if not for the fact the situation and body seemed to be a near direct match found during the Anniversary heist.

On his way out of the crime scene, he spots a figure in an alley. It was a homeless man, laying in a small pool of blood. The detective quickly asks for medical assistance. Upon waking in the hospital, the homeless man claims to have seen what happened, but that he can't remember most of it. With nowhere to go, the detective apprehensively decides to house the witness for now. If not to make sure he was okay, then to see if he would remember anything else down the line and protect him from whoever it was responsible for the murders. Little does he know, the man he invited to stay on his couch is the very man he's been hunting over the past year. The Rowan Phantom is now closer than ever. Behind the detective's back, he keeps trying to find a way to get out of all this, to run before anything happens to him or the detective. He's innocent of the murders. He never intended for anyone to get hurt, but ever since stealing that one artifact, everything went south.

Slowly, the two grow closer as they work together to expose the true killer. Will the Phantom be the one to tell the detective? Or will he be too careless and the detective find him out first?

~~~~

I'm honestly equally happy with the idea of adding on a supernatural element to this, if anyone prefers. It could be that the 'Phantom' is actually supernatural himself, perhaps using some form of magic or ability to complete his heists, and now he's being pursued by hunters. Or, perhaps the artifact he stole was supernatural itself? Or, nothing is supernatural and he happened to steal a very valuable asset from a very powerful crime lord? Either way, I'd be happy to discuss it with anyone interested.

♥ ♥ || Monster in the Woods || ♥ ♥
Fantasy, Supernatural, or Sci-Fi / Historical or Modern / Possible Dramedy?
Monster x Bounty Hunter

Starter Premise : A town is supposedly haunted by a monster in the woods. When someone goes missing, the mayor, desperate for answers, gets in contact with someone who can hunt it down. To help him and keep things under wraps, he's partnered with a local who volunteered to aid in the investigation. The local is the monster and is seeking to send the hunter packing before things get worse.

In a little town, out of the way and out of mind of most of the world, a hidden evil seems to lurk in the forest. At first it was just sightings of a strange creature lurking in the brush at night. A demon of some sort, perhaps? Rumors began to spread, claiming the town was cursed. It was not until someone disappeared that people began to take it seriously. This is a quiet town, where the worst criminals are the occasional shoplifter or town drunk. So when someone disappears, it's time to make a call.

With local law enforcement unable to hunt down the creature, the mayor secretly gets in contact with a bounty hunter who claims to specialize in tracking down demons. When he arrives, the mayor explains the situation. To help, the town's local librarian and historian has volunteered to help with this private investigation. It is his job to help the bounty hunter to the best of his ability by providing information about the town and by showing him around.

Unbeknownst to everyone, this librarian's intentions are not quite so aligned with the town's. While he would not call himself a demon, it was hard to argue that he is still human. The product of forbidden experiments, the librarian is unlike anything else. He had come to this town to escape prying eyes, to find home away from where he would have to worry about what he is. He can climb walls, see in the dark, possesses heightened abilities, and even possesses some minor shape shifting abilities, just enough to keep his identity obscured. But there does exist a catch.

He did not mean to kill the man. He has no desire to hurt anyone at all. He considers himself a pacifist at heart. However, he cannot help the fact that he does need to feed. He's tried to find solutions to his affliction, but unfortunately has yet to find one. Usually, he just hunts animals at night to satisfy the hunger. But, when a man convinced himself that he would hunt down the creature that plagued the wilderness and managed to corner the librarian, he had no other choice but to fight. The death was an accident. He just meant to fend him off, but instead accidentally got him killed. He had even tried to save him. But no one would believe that.

Especially a bounty hunter. Now, he actively works to sabotage the investigation, using false leads and even going so far as to hide information. He wants this man to give up. Though, the more time they spend together, the more they grow closer. What should happen if the hunter found out who the librarian really is? How long can they prolong the investigation before things escalate again?

-----

I love me some comedy, especially lately, so here's a comedy twist, if anyone's into the idea :

The bounty hunter is secretly a fraud. He's never actually encountered any real demons or spirits before. Normally, when he answers these calls, he shows up, pretends to do some work, and as if by placebo, his patrons feel better and he collects his paycheck. He's always found things like this to be a bunch of psychological hocus pocus. Now, confronted with the idea of having to face a real monster and, worse, being partnered with someone who will keep an eye on him, he's also starting to panic.

While the librarian tries to scare him off and sabotage the investigation, the bounty hunter keeps relying on his charisma and charm to pretend like he's got things under control. The librarian starts thinking he's only becoming more determined, while, in reality, the bounty hunter is just as determined to sabotage the investigation so he can buy himself time to figure out some way to weasel out of this without damaging his reputation.

♥ ♥ ♥ || A Pirate's Treasure || ♥ ♥ ♥
I'd prefer Historical or Fantasy, but if you have a compelling idea, I might be persuaded to go Sci-Fi.
Pirate Captain x Disguised Naval Officer

Starter Premise : A new naval officer is sent on a secret mission to become a spy, join the crew of an infamous pirate's ship, and leave the navy clues in an effort to finally thwart him.

He was a proud officer of the royal navy, assigned with a very unusual and dangerous task. One of the most powerful pirate lords was still free to roam. The rumors claim he's a monster of a man. Ruthless, cold, a brute with a shockingly tactical brain. Any time the naval fleet got close to capturing him or sinking his ship, he always seemed one extra step ahead. Now, it was time to take a risk. The pirate wasn't familiar with this newly appointed officer. He wouldn't know him, wouldn't have any frame of reference for him. It was his job to find the ship and either get himself captured or find a way to be recruited to work as a cabin boy. From the inside, he could leave secret messages for his commanding officers to find. It would be a slow process, but if everything went right, it would give them just enough tactical advantage to finally bring the pirate lord down for good.

~~~

I figure this plot can go a number of ways, and I like them all. If you prefer a darker, more angsty plot, I'm all for it. If you prefer a lighter, more comedic plot, I'm all for it.

♥ ♥ ♥ || The Good, The Bad, and the Apocalypse || ♥ ♥ ♥
Demon x Priest
Contemporary Sci-Fantasy / Western / Apocalyptic (Explained Below)

Starter Premise : A wild west styled apocalypse caused by a war between angels and demons, ending with angels closing Heaven's gates, demons setting up shop on earth, and humans struggling to survive. Demons and angels are actually extra-dimensional beings, priests have become a big deal, everything is blamed on demons, demons don't get what the big deal is about them causing a little mayhem, and a priest and a good demon decide to go on odd adventures to slay bad demons, stop bad priests, help out people in need, and explore this weird new world.

Based on an idea from a previous roleplay that I'd love to pursue again.

The Human Perspective :

Thousands of years ago, angels came to Earth, foretelling the day that demons would rise up and lay waste to their world. They provided them the knowledge and tools to help fight back the demons. The hope was that, when the time came, humanity would have harnessed this knowledge and learned enough to fight by the angel's side. Unfortunately, as millennia passed, the knowledge and tools became twisted and tarnished. The tools they had been given were reinvented to the point of being next to useless, their knowledge refashioned to suit worship and political power rather than to aid their survival. Eventually, the day came. The gates of Heaven and Hell were opened.

During the war, humanity fought by the angels' side, fighting back the demons as best they could. However, decades of war, bloodshed, and tragedy raged on until, finally, the angels turned their backs on the survivors. The gates of Heaven closed and much of the world was left a barren wasteland. Earth now belonged to the demons and the rest of humanity was left to pick up the pieces. It's been decades since then. The world has slowly started to rebuild with settlements spread across the wastes. The ruins of old towns and cities are often left abandoned or become havens for demons to congregate and hide out. As such, most people tend to avoid them these days.

Demons have become a common problem, to the point where even small issues are sometimes blamed on them based on superstition. Meanwhile, priests and their roles among the survivors have flourished. Being the only ones proven capable of holding back demonic forces, a priest is often very well respected and welcome among most communities. Some may call themselves 'priests', though without a holy artifact, they typically act as thugs or simple missionaries. Some have built roots in a community, sometimes to stake claim to all of the jobs there, sometimes to become community leaders, either for power or out of a genuine desire to help protect the settlement, or even sometimes to establish a 'congregation', which typically acts as a local militia or, on occasion, like a gang. Meanwhile many other settlements don't have a resident priest at all, either because none have taken any interest, the community doesn't seem strong enough to succeed, or there simply isn't enough strategic value in any priest wanting to stick around. Many have become wanderers and mercenaries, refining their craft to hunt down any demons that cause trouble. Muse A is one such priest.

On the rare occasion, one might salvage an old tool or weapon of the angels from the war. While they have learned the proper materials and rites to craft an effective crucifix to do damage, or a rosary to help the detect demons, nothing is quite as powerful as something directly from the celestial. As it happens, Muse A has had one such item passed down to him and has made it his mission to use both his skill and his tools to protect those in need. He's seen many things in his travels, to the point where he's started to question his faith. Though his resolve to protect has never wavered, it becomes more and more difficult to believe the angels will ever come back.

---

The Demon Perspective (Feel free to skip this and let me know if you'd prefer to uncover this through story) :

Muse B is a disgraced demon. Like many others, he was born and bred to fight in the war. Granted, he was never expected to survive. During that time, he had once gained quite a reputation and had been honored. That was long ago, though. He finds humanity absolutely fascinating and often finds that he sympathizes with the poor creatures whenever his brethren make it harder on them. It was a shame, really. Neither side ever seemed to want to listen or learn about the other, since they both thought they had everything figured out. He knew the truth, though.

He found some human beliefs amusing. He did not blame them for their fear of Hell. If he was told all his life that he would be dragged back there when he died, he would want to avoid it too. The demons' homeworld was chaotic and cruel. It was hardly suited to life anymore. Though much of their history had been erased in favor of preserving the technology and power to survive, it was believed that it had once been habitable. It had never been easy, but they had adapted. However, resources became scarce and the raw magic eventually began to corrode, causing everything to descend into chaos. Their ancestors, desperate, devised a plan. They created the technology and the power necessary to start opening tears in other worlds. With no other choice, demons began to take up arms, raiding the various planes in an attempt to find a place they could one day call home. However, in their quest, they stumbled into the realm of the angels. Stories said that it was beautiful beyond belief. Should they had succeeded, they never would have wanted for anything again. Of course, the angels proved to be more of a challenge than they anticipated. A great war ensued that pushed the demons back. Unfortunately, the angels were now aware of their presence and their campaign. It seemed they also had the power to reach into other worlds. Seeing the demons as an infestation, they took it upon themselves to eradicate them wherever they cropped up. In turn, the demons set out to create bigger and better soldiers and weapons to seek vengeance against the often apathetic angels.

As part of their campaign, the angels would reach out to the races of other worlds, bestowing them technology and the knowledge to harness it. They would establish themselves as gods to make the people revere them. What was often perceived as the power of faith was often the workings of rudimentary magic. When the time finally came for the demons to push through into that world, they would use those supposedly lesser races much like hounds of war. Dispensable soldiers meant to make things all that more difficult for the demons. Demons eventually began to see them as one might see wildlife. Potentially dangerous, but ultimately not worth worrying about. One does not consult with wolves about whether or not it is alright to build a house on their land. The humans were no different. However, after all that fighting, it seemed they had finally won. They found home. A true home with food, water, and clear skies. A home where the wildlife could be farmed and they did not have to worry about wild and chaotic magic snuffing out their lives without warning. To the humans, this world had become a wasteland. To the demons, it was paradise.

Now with nothing more to do, most demons caused havoc at the expense of humanity. On occasion, there is a demon that torments humans and animals and delight in their suffering, but most are hardly aware of the true extent of the damage that they cause. Most are just trying to relish their new life in paradise and see humans as local wildlife or nuisances. On occasion, some might try to slip into human society to have some fun or to try a hand at getting to know them, but usually get burned when they encounter a priest. Priests, in general, have come to be seen as an absolute nuisance. Many demons will attack them out of a sense of vengeance or self-defense. Some demons have started to create their own settlements, some form small groups and gangs, while others roam free. And then there's Muse B.

Muse B has taken it upon himself to roam the wastes and hide out among the humans. When he hears of a demon causing trouble, he's taken it upon himself to try and persuade them to show mercy to the humans and resolve things peacefully before a priest takes the opportunity to kill them. The way he sees it, he doesn't condone either side, but he also sympathizes with both. Humans are just trying to survive, though most have been brainwashed to believe all demons are pure evil to the point that some will blame demons for the smallest infraction, such as spoiled milk. Meanwhile, demons are trying to settle into their new homes and enjoy what they worked so hard to achieve, but they're often too ignorant to show respect for humans or do not understand just how much damage they're doing.

~~~

One day, upon arriving to a small town with yet another demon problem, Muse A finds Muse B and quickly uncovers that he is a cloaked demon hiding out among the townsfolk. However, during his investigation, he's surprised to find that Muse B is also searching for the demon causing trouble. Having never come across a friendly demon quite like Muse B, the two begin to work together to resolve the conflict. Afterwards, the two end up traveling together, roaming these wild wastes to hunt and save demons, take down mad priests, rescue civilians, and just try and stay alive in the process. As the priest learns more about demons and the demon learns even more about humans, the two slowly grow closer.

~~~

Some notes :

> I actually already have a character for this, if you prefer I show you first.
> I got a couple different ideas I didn't mention and I would be 100% happy to hear your ideas for it too. I love worldbuilding and with this being as odd of a setting as it is, I'm down for hearing out any and all ideas.

♥ || Never Knew You || ♥
Modern or Historical
Rival Rich Roommate x Rival Poor Roommate

Starter Premise : Rivals since they were kids, two boys spend their entire upbringing in constant competition. Having gone to a prestigious school, they were too focused on their daily battles to ever bother getting to know one another. Both just sort of assume the other is just another handsome, rich jerk, but one that just so happens to have a vendetta. Unbeknownst to each other, they get accepted to the same university and end up assigned to the same dorm.

Both of them had known each other since they were children going to the same boarding school. One was a rich boy, pressured by a very influential family to be the best he could be and be good enough to inherit the family fortune. The other was a poor boy masquerading as rich, with a materialistic family that was scrounging together every penny they could to mold a son that could get a good job and get them out of poverty, always doing his best to hide his status. At first, they started out as friends. But then, someone did something and neither were willing to admit fault. To this day, they only vaguely recall what happened. It didn't really matter. What did matter was that they'd felt betrayed. Thus, two schoolboys began a very long and bitter rivalry.

As they grew from children to teens, they never really stopped this charade. It became a fact of life for them. The moment the school year started, the lines in the sand were drawn and they both were itching and ready to cross them as many times as need be to one up the other. Athletics, academics, even dating, everything became a competition. After a while, it sometimes even became hard to discern whether or not they actually hated one another or if they somewhat enjoyed their little spats. The two would vehemently argue that it was the former, but, deep down, they knew the latter to be a little true too.

Finally, though, it was time to say goodbye. Off to University, graduating at the top of their class. It was somewhat bittersweet to finally part ways, but now was time to head to one of the top schools in the country. No more fighting. No more having to deal with a petty rivalry.

Of course, fate has other plans. Unbeknownst to one another, they've both been accepted to the same school. Worse, the housing arrangements has placed them in the same dorm. Forced to live together, they are made to finally confront one another and come to realize that they never actually took the time to know one another. The Rich rival never even knew the other one was poor and the Poor rival never even knew much about the Rich rival's family. They'd only known rumors about one another. Now it's time to face the reality and both are starting to find they actually might like the reality more than they'd expected.

---

I'm open to the story going in a lot of ways. I really like the idea of a lot of hidden angst and issues that they'd kept from one another. Possibly even one of them having a drug addiction. Though what these issues are can be up for discussion. I'd certainly love to hear any ideas!

♥ || We're Not Freaks || ♥
Any type of Fantasy
Mage x Magically Altered

Starter Premise : A mercenary comes to town looking for work. The man hates mages, having been forever altered by magic and cursed to never be welcome among society. Arriving at a new town, he meets a kind beggar and they become fast friends, bonding for a while. The mercenary, pitying the beggar, invites the man to join him. While on a job, he discovers the beggar is a "stray", an excommunicated mage, when the man saves his life using his magic.

In a kingdom where mages are seen as dangerous, those born with magical powers are forced into temples to be trained to temper their magic. Basically meaning that they are encouraged to drown their emotions to keep their magic from being expressed. Some lucky ones might move on to train as part of the guard, but most of them will spend their lives pretending as though they don't have feeling. Those that are rebellious might be moved to a new temple. If no temples want you, you are branded and most will use the slur "Stray" to refer to such creatures. They are not seen as trustworthy. Few can make ends meet and many end up either hiding their magic or falling to the wayside. Similarly, those that have been altered by magic, whether or not it was against their will, are seen as just as dangerous or, at the very least, as mage lovers (since those with the brands of magic usually carry them as a way of gaining power). Much like the taboo of two men being together, anyone and a mage is seen as just as filthy to the eyes of the public.

The story focuses around a newly branded "Stray", having wasted his chances and, in his rebellion of the treatment of mages, has been cast out of the circle. It's been only about a month since being on the streets and he's learned to hide his brand in favor of trying to find anything to survive. It is here when he meets the Altered, a man who hates mages for what they did to him, for leaving him a branded freak roaming the lands as a mercenary just to afford food and a bed. Looking for work, he has decided to take a rest in the city and the two eventually meet, chat. Altered takes pity on the Mage, a man he sees as one just down on his luck. They start getting close. Which is why it hurt all the more when his newfound companion tags along for a contract and, in order to save him, unleashes his magic to protect the Altered. What will he do, knowing his companion is a filthy mage like the ones that turned him into this?

♥ ♥ ♥ || A Strange and Silly Grimoire of Gay Grimm Tales || ♥ ♥ ♥
Multiple Genres
Multiple Pairings (Explained Below)

Starter Premise : Take pre-existing myths, legends, and fairy tales, remix the genres and/or add a twist, somehow make it gay, roleplay the new story, rinse, repeat.

NOTE : I'm sorry, I can't take it anymore. I'll roleplay Little Red Riding Hood somewhere down the line, but I'd be very grateful if we start with something else. ANYTHING else.

This was a very strange and silly idea that came to me recently, and I figured I'd put it out there in case there might be someone interested in it.

So, this is mostly just an idea for a fun series of shorter roleplays. I figured it might be a bit of an interesting challenge since I typically always do long term styled roleplays, pretty much all of which never have seemed to survive long enough to reach a conclusion. No joke, one of my favorites has been ongoing for 4 or 5 years now. Anyway, onto the premise :

You ever wonder what the The Wolf and the Seven Kids would look like if it was a spy drama? You ever think it would be fun to see a re-invention of Cinderella as a supernatural action that takes place after 'happily ever after'? You ever think it would be interesting to delve into lesser known tales, such as the Juniper Tree, and figure out the question of 'How on this good, green Earth can I possibly make this work as a gay romance'? Then man, do I have a proposal for you.

The whole idea here is that the two of us will be re-imagining as many Grimm's Fairy Tales as we can, each with their own twists and remixes on the story. Most prominently of which, all of these tales will have an element of gay romance, even stories that typically don't have romance elements (for example: Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, Hansel and Gretel, etc.). From there, we may also include genre shifts, shifts in perspective or direction, and/or some form of odd twist such as making it a sequel to the original tale. For added fun, if you so wish, we could randomize the genre, the setting, and/or the twist every time we start a new one and work together to try and find a way to make it work. (Have some tables for randomizing here : Boop )

A bit of disclosure, though I am looking at making these more smaller in scale than most roleplays that I do, I would prefer we not rush to the finish every time. I am more than perfectly content with some of these stories lasting multiple months, if need be, so we can at least take time to enjoy the characters and the new stories and worlds that we build. I'm not looking to have Red Riding Hood do the whole routine, hook up with the wolf 'cuz gay romance' and be done with it. More like getting to know these reinvented versions and using the story as a platform to create something fun and unique. And gay.

Really quickly, some standalone rules for this one that I typically never felt the need to write out before :

> Despite the name of this prompt, I am 100% willing to cover myths, legends, and fairy tales outside of just Grimm stories.
> I don't mind which story we start with, for the most part. But, due to recent experiences, I just got to say that I simply cannot bring myself to do Little Red Riding Hood as the first story. I can't take it anymore. I love that story just as much as the next person and I love werewolves just as much as the next person, but it seems to be the only thing people are willing to roleplay these days. I'm willing to roleplay it somewhere down the line, but, for now, I will simply not respond to anyone looking to roleplay that story specifically.

> No underage characters will be part of the romance! I'm sorry, it's just plain wrong.
> For stories that include giants or small creatures, I'd prefer the romance not be with them unless they somehow can become normal sized (or if the person they are romancing is the same size). I know some people are into that sort of thing, but it's just not mine, if I'm honest. So, I apologize. Unless you have a good idea to suggest how it could work, Jack x Giant is not likely a pairing you'll see.
> I reiterate, no anthros / furries. Since animals are very prominent in fairy tales, I just felt the need to repeat myself. Small details and variations such as tails, ears, and eyes are fine.
> You gotta be someone who loves to talk OOC and actively work with me when it comes to worldbuilding with this one! Half the fun is seeing what ideas we both can pitch together. I simply don't want to be doing all the leg work. I'm not asking you write a thesis, simply that you're willing to put in some effort and creativity, and just plain have fun with it
> Be patient. Normally, I don't have to put this, but this is just as much a reminder to me as it is to you. We need to make sure we aren't going to be rushing these stories. I feel like it simply won't be as fun if we just race from ending to ending. I want to be able to enjoy these bizarre creations. By the end of it, if we did our jobs right, we should be missing them when the book's finally been closed on their chapter.

Sidenote : As an artist, I'd love to do some drawings based on some of the outcomes and characters we come up with. If you would prefer whether or not I share them, do please let me know.

Last edited:
hi there! i'm super new to this site, so i don't really know the protocol for this type of thing, but i'd be super interested in doing priest/magician/hunter x demon, whichever you'd be most interested in, and i also have an idea for a magician x magician plot if you'd be interested c: please feel free to pm me!

Just looking through your scenes I have a few ideas in mind.
For example (closeted/open): YC goes to church because his parents are very religious, and he stays in the closet because he's afraid of what his family, friends, and community will think about him being gay. At one event he happens across a guy in very colourful and somewhat effeminate clothing. YC watches as an argument breaks out about 'his kind' not being allowed, and he's eventually kicked out after giving someone a black eye. He comes back, however, the next week, this time wearing a very fancy dress. However, you arrive early and see him sitting right in the front, just waiting to see their reactions. (He's not trans, he just likes to toy with people when he's bored.)

Prince/Bodyguard (fantasy or realistic, modern or historic): YC's last bodyguard got too injured to continue working in the last attack; they'll live, but they won't be better in time for the trip in a week's time (arranged marriage YC doesn't want to take part in? Trade agreements?). As the time passes and YC is confined to the castle out of fear of attackers, a dark-skinned boy is brought into his room. It's explained that MC is a well-trained bodyguard and the only hope for YC's protection for the journey (summoned if the scene is magical, otherwise found or recruited). MC refuses to talk as long as the others are around, only doing it while alone with YC. Can this newcomer be trusted to keep the prince safe on such a long journey? Only time will tell.

It would be interesting to see this character in the servant role. Maybe this could be mixed with Rivals where YC has something he actually cares about if MC doesn't do everything YC says.

Just to note: If you like re-imagined fairy tales, you might like RWBY.

Just looking through your scenes I have a few ideas in mind.
For example (closeted/open): YC goes to church because his parents are very religious, and he stays in the closet because he's afraid of what his family, friends, and community will think about him being gay. At one event he happens across a guy in very colourful and somewhat effeminate clothing. YC watches as an argument breaks out about 'his kind' not being allowed, and he's eventually kicked out after giving someone a black eye. He comes back, however, the next week, this time wearing a very fancy dress. However, you arrive early and see him sitting right in the front, just waiting to see their reactions. (He's not trans, he just likes to toy with people when he's bored.)

Prince/Bodyguard (fantasy or realistic, modern or historic): YC's last bodyguard got too injured to continue working in the last attack; they'll live, but they won't be better in time for the trip in a week's time (arranged marriage YC doesn't want to take part in? Trade agreements?). As the time passes and YC is confined to the castle out of fear of attackers, a dark-skinned boy is brought into his room. It's explained that MC is a well-trained bodyguard and the only hope for YC's protection for the journey (summoned if the scene is magical, otherwise found or recruited). MC refuses to talk as long as the others are around, only doing it while alone with YC. Can this newcomer be trusted to keep the prince safe on such a long journey? Only time will tell.

It would be interesting to see this character in the servant role. Maybe this could be mixed with Rivals where YC has something he actually cares about if MC doesn't do everything YC says.

Just to note: If you like re-imagined fairy tales, you might like RWBY.

Love RWBY~! I do need to sit down and watch the other seasons though.

As for the Closeted/Open pairing, I will confess that I've actually never attended church in my life and I don't really understand a lot about the culture and how they work a lot of the time, so I feel like I'm simply not informed enough on that one.

The second one, however sounds like a lot of fun! Feel free to shoot me a pm if you're still interested and we can start working on the details ~

Sorry to hear about your leg, hope you feel better soon! In the meantime, I'd love to try plotting some ideas for a Criminal x Detective or Organized Crime pairing if you're up for it!

Thank you very much and I'd love to! Not gonna lie, those type of plots have been one of my stronger cravings lately. Feel free to send me a pm and we can start ironing out details!

I ONLY GOT THROUGH THE FIRST CATEGORY AND I STILL HAVE LIKE... THIS MANY, SO I DUNNO IF I SHOULD KEEP GOING OR SLAP MYSELF.
♥ ♥ ♥ Re-Imagined / Remixed Fairy Tales ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥
Organized Crime (Rivals, Allies, Partners, etc.) ♥ ♥
Homeless / Stranded / Survival
♥ ♥ ♥ Rivals ♥ ♥ ♥
Rival x Rival's friend / companion / partner / lover
Hunter x Hunted
Assassin x Target
Captor x Captive
Bodyguard x Charge
♥ ♥ Hero x Villain ♥ ♥
♥ ♥
Hero's Sidekick / Friend x Villain ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
Rich x Poor ♥ ♥ ♥
Rich x Thief
Rich Criminal x Thief
♥ ♥ ♥
Servant x Master ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ Criminal x Cop / Detective / Lawman ♥ ♥ ♥
Criminal x Unwitting Accessory
Criminal x Commoner / Civilian
♥ ♥ Prince / Nobleman x Criminal ♥ ♥
Prince / Nobleman x Knight / Bodyguard
♥ ♥
Prince / Nobleman x Commoner / Beggar ♥ ♥
Captain / Pirate x Stowaway
Captain / Pirate x New Cabin Boy
Captain / Pirate x Rival's Crewman / First Mate
♥ ♥ Captain x Captive Pirate ♥ ♥
♥ ♥
Pirate x Captive Captain ♥ ♥

Or we can literally have twenty running roleplays :3

lol Glad I managed to inspire you! Well, I noticed you had an interest in the Fairy Tale Remixes. If you're feeling up for it, there was a bit of a bizarre idea I'd had that might be up your alley, if you like a bit of world building and you're feeling up to it :

|| A Strange and Silly Grimoire of Gay Grimm Tales ||
Multiple Genres
Multiple Pairings (Explained Below)

This was a very strange and silly idea that came to me recently, and I figured I'd put it out there in case there might be someone interested in it.
So, this is mostly just an idea for a fun series of shorter roleplays. I figured it might be a bit of an interesting challenge since I typically always do long term styled roleplays, pretty much all of which never have seemed to survive long enough to reach a conclusion. No joke, one of my favorites has been ongoing for 4 or 5 years now. Anyway, onto the premise :

You ever wonder what the The Wolf and the Seven Kids would look like if it was a spy drama? You ever think it would be fun to see a re-invention of Cinderella as a supernatural action that takes place after 'happily ever after'? You ever think it would be interesting to delve into lesser known tales, such as the Juniper Tree, and figure out the question of 'How on this good, green Earth can I possibly make this work as a gay romance'? Then man, do I have a proposal for you.

The whole idea here is that the two of us will be re-imagining as many Grimm's Fairy Tales as we can, each with their own twists and remixes on the story. Most prominently of which, all of these tales will have an element of gay romance, even stories that typically don't have romance elements (for example: Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, Hansel and Gretel, etc.). From there, we may also include genre shifts, shifts in perspective or direction, and/or some form of odd twist such as making it a sequel to the original tale. For added fun, if you so wish, we could randomize the genre, the setting, and/or the twist every time we start a new one and work together to try and find a way to make it work.

A bit of disclosure, though I am looking at making these more smaller in scale than most roleplays that I do, I would prefer we not rush to the finish every time. I am more than perfectly content with some of these stories lasting multiple months, if need be, so we can at least take time to enjoy the characters and the new stories and worlds that we build. I'm not looking to have Red Riding Hood do the whole routine, hook up with the wolf 'cuz gay romance' and be done with it. More like getting to know these reinvented versions and using the story as a platform to create something fun and unique. And gay.

Really quickly, some standalone rules for this one that I typically never felt the need to write out before :
> No underage characters will be part of the romance! I'm sorry, it's just plain wrong.
> For stories that include giants or small creatures, I'd prefer the romance not be with them unless they somehow can become normal sized (or if the person they are romancing is the same size). I know some people are into that sort of thing, but it's just not mine, if I'm honest. So, I apologize. Unless you have a good idea to suggest how it could work, Jack x Giant is not likely a pairing you'll see.
> I reiterate, no anthros / furries. Since animals are very prominent in fairy tales, I just felt the need to repeat myself. Small details and variations such as tails, ears, and eyes are fine.
> You gotta be someone who loves to talk OOC and actively work with me when it comes to worldbuilding with this one! Half the fun is seeing what ideas we both can pitch together. I simply don't want to be doing all the leg work. I'm not asking you write a thesis, simply that you're willing to put in some effort and creativity, and just plain have fun with it
> Be patient. Normally, I don't have to put this, but this is just as much a reminder to me as it is to you. We need to make sure we aren't going to be rushing these stories. I feel like it simply won't be as fun if we just race from ending to ending. I want to be able to enjoy these bizarre creations. By the end of it, if we did our jobs right, we should be missing them when the book's finally been closed on their chapter.

Sidenote : As an artist, I'd love to do some drawings based on some of the outcomes and characters we come up with. If you would prefer whether or not I share them, do please let me know.

If not, that's fine too. Feel free to shoot me a pm if anything particularly interests you.

lol Glad I managed to inspire you! Well, I noticed you had an interest in the Fairy Tale Remixes. If you're feeling up for it, there was a bit of a bizarre idea I'd had that might be up your alley, if you like a bit of world building and you're feeling up to it :

If not, that's fine too. Feel free to shoot me a pm if anything particularly interests you.
Well! So much stuff! Really, I do enjoy the idea. I dunno how well I would do: I mean, I have read the Grimm Fairytales themselves about twenty times through and studied other tales too very often but I haven’t really roleplayed them

Well! So much stuff! Really, I do enjoy the idea. I dunno how well I would do: I mean, I have read the Grimm Fairytales themselves about twenty times through and studied other tales too very often but I haven’t really roleplayed them

Yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to Fairy and Folk Tales. I find them incredibly fascinating since the very simple nature of the stories, meant to benefit multiple retelling through oral tradition, has made it so that they can easily influnece and adapt to new ideas and re-imaginings. Honestly, I just love world building and working out new plots, so the idea is mostly to draw inspiration from, but not directly match the fairy tales. I've never actually roleplayed any myself and I've never actually quite planned on reaching a true ending with an rp before. It just sounded like a good excuse to stretch the ol' creativity and challenge myself. But, I can totally understand if it's not much your cup of tea. It'd be pretty time consuming to work together to figure out the new structure of a story and I know a lot of people prefer to get the general ideas down and jump in.

Mm, I want to do it but I get writers block a lot when it comes to actually forming ideas... hmm

Mm, I want to do it but I get writers block a lot when it comes to actually forming ideas... hmm

Well, if you can narrow down a particular idea you really like, I can do my best to pitch in~

i have an idea for this if you'd like to discuss it in pms ^^ if that's not your cup of tea, i'm open to any pairing you'd like and i can help brainstorm an idea ^^

Sure thing! Feel free to shoot me a pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back