• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Muse

Should this be

• Casual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detailed

• Both

• Total voters

iGoober

Slacker

output_e2GvBe.gif

Falling Below There were no screams, there was no time. It came forth so quickly, not even light stood a chance at besting its speedy arrival. The sky clouded over what remained of all else that hadn’t been entirely obliterated by the sheer force of its impact. Like a hammer to glass, it broke and crippled the Earth’s crust, as vast amounts of noxious gas surfaced and spread like wildfire across the land, sea, and sky. A chemical that had lain dormant beneath the earth’s surface for millennia had now become active, and it continued to seep from the ominous towers that roared throughout the night, as they drilled for more of what would only be the end of the human race. These machines - these buildings that came crashing down from the heavens had only been the start of what was to come. No one knew where they had come from or why they were there, all that they could surmise from the situation were that they were there and they weren’t going to be leaving anytime soon.
Falling Below

It had all seemed like a regular day, nothing in particularly pleasant or forsaking, but perhaps, if anything, it had been the stillness; the silence that came before the storm that triggered each body to look up that day. Ever since their arrival, those who reside within the walls of the towers, nothing was again the same. The skies remained dark and clouded, and what sun did reach past the thicket of clouds only burned, stung, and ate at the skin. The rain was nearly acidic and all signs of life had nearly been erased. Regardless - as it always does - life continued to claw its way back to the surface. However, the same couldn’t be said for the humans, who, unlike the plant-life and animals, retreated to the underground, where they rebuilt life in caves, crevices, and any other space they could find, for they knew better than to stay above ground for too long, where their filters could not reach.

Given the vast destruction of the world above, little remained of the past, and what could be scavenged was quite often left in disorder and near irreparable. What could be scavenged was used for the benefit of the underground city, Lacuna, which holds one of the largest populations of humans known to exist since the desolation of the surface twenty years ago. Much remains to be unknown, such as the origin of the Diggers, the effects of CheM, and the future of Daydreamers.

What are/is

• The current name given to the unknown race that descended from the skies with their mountain-like buildings, mining for CheM

Settings

• e99f5t.png

Little remains of life the way it was before the Diggers arrived. Most living things on the surface are mutated if not dead or dying.

Precautions and Dangers

One should think more than twice about eating anything exposed to the raw surface air.

One should not approach any other living thing without some form of defense.

One is advised to wear some form of protection for the face.

Laziness ensued, more detail will be added later, but I'd like to get a general idea of who, if anyone, is interested so I know whether I should bother continuing on with this. I'll either update this post or move on to the actual RP thread if this gets enough positive feedback. Any suggestions will be kindly received and taken into consideration, too.

I'm interested, however, it doesn't feel right that Lacuna is beginning to become corrupt, I would expect Aurora to be more corrupt than it. But I'm fine apart from that.

Stew said:
I'm interested, however, it doesn't feel right that Lacuna is beginning to become corrupt, I would expect Aurora to be more corrupt than it. But I'm fine apart from that.

Hm? Why do you think it wouldn't be corrupt, if you wouldn't mind explaining.

Aurora's pretty messed up actually, it's just not as evident on the surface as the others might be, I'll be going into more detail on that when I feel there are enough people interested.

Oh, and glad to hear you have some interest!

JujuBee said:
Have a few questions but I'm certainly interested.

Hooray!

Please do ask away.

I just kind of thought that it was like a tight-nit community that was really strict, meaning that there wouldn't be that much corruption. I mean, it seems to be a good city, it has plenty of primary resources and the only thing that's really considered "Bad" would be the quotas, and those don't seem to be much of a problem, not enough to cause corruption, IMHO.

Well, if that isn't a sexy piece of interest check right there! I'm very interested. Though, what's the plot? Just survival/Day-To-Day Life?

Stew said:
I just kind of thought that it was like a tight-nit community that was really strict, meaning that there wouldn't be that much corruption. I mean, it seems to be a good city, it has plenty of primary resources and the only thing that's really considered "Bad" would be the quotas, and those don't seem to be much of a problem, not enough to cause corruption, IMHO.

Hm, okay, I understand what you're saying. Overall, I suppose I'll simply change it to a "Stable" community for now. Hah, there's plenty of time for it to become corrupted in the future - or possibly still remain stable.

Semblance said:
i'd be interested! :)

Oh goodie
:)

Dxni said:
This definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in.

Glad to hear it!

animegirl20 said:
interested

Alrighty!

Sunbather said:
Well, if that isn't a sexy piece of interest check right there! I'm very interested. Though, what's the plot? Just survival/Day-To-Day Life?

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

Oh? Why thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Yes, mainly survival. Regardless of where one's character originates, they'll all eventually end up in one place or city. I'll likely change the poll to where it asks what kind of scenario in which everyone would like to start the RP off with or just post a list and ask for suggestions. If for example, for one reason or another each character is drawn to Lacuna, seeing as it's the most stable of the major three, however, perhaps, there is a cave-in, by means of an earthquake or other possible outside force. Maybe by some twist of fate they were all outside when it happened, maybe they have family left inside, or they, themselves, where trapped below. If one of the cities were to be destroyed, they'd likely go in search of another one. | On the other hand, maybe Agar becomes so crippled by its own toxic community of thieves, vandals, killers, and the like that the residents decide to move on to another city that they can ravage - although, perhaps given the chaotic-ness of the people themselves, the thought of them almost cooperating is rather hard to believe. Although, buildings did just fall out of the sky crippling humanity as we know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back