• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mr. Bad & Mrs. Good

Reena

"Mother. You know that I love you and I have a lot of respect for both you and Dad, but an arranged marriage? Really? It's 2017, isn't that a bit antiquated?" Koree sat across from her mother in her home office. She knew that growing up wealthy had had it's benefits. She'd gone to all the best schools, including a college degree from Harvard. And she'd had full financial support from her parents who were only to happy to give her the best. As an only child, she'd always felt a little bit smothered by her parents, but they were good people and they loved her. So that was party of the reason she was so shocked when her mother approached her with the idea of an arranged marriage. She was only 22, freshly graduated from school only a few months previously. But the wealthy live in an entirely different world and for some reason, her parents felt they would be the best ones to find an appropriate match for her.

"Darling, it's not at all that we don't trust you to make your own decisions, and if you don't like the man, you're of course welcome to say no. We won't force you into an unhappy marriage. I just want you to consider letting us set up some matches for you. You didn't bring a boy home...not once throughout 4 years at Yale. And those are some of the best boys out there!"

Koree rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless at her mother. "Yes, I will give it a try mother."

"Oh good! Because we've already set up the first date. It's tonight at 8pm at Le Petit Bistro. I'll have the driver take you there!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back