• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Mount Marlina [Mae & Rhianna]

monkeymae24

Secretly an Alien, Shhh

((I marked it as fantasy because of the potential supernatural influence.))

((I'll make this first post pretty and transfer all the information over as soon as I get the drive to be artsy.
xD ))

((So, we're each playing a male and a female, high school age, character format below. I'll let you post yours first.))

Character Sheet

Name: (full)

Appearance: (pic or description)

Personality: (list 5 traits)

Other: (optional)

Fallon watched eye-fully as a few specks of snow began to cover the earth that seemed to be moving in front of her. She gave a defeated sigh, her mind wandering to different scenarios she could create in order to remove herself from this field trip. The only reason she was going was because her mother ordered her to, in a half-desperate plea to force Fallon to make some real friends, not just fictional ones. Fallon shifted her weight to observe the other students who were participating in this "happy" occasion as well. She frowned, noticing that most of them seemed joyful and excited. Maybe I could pretend to have a seizure? Or go into cardiac arrest? she thought, her hands tightening around the novel that was torn up at the ends and dirty. The small-framed girl then looked down, defeated. On the other side of the seat, a tall teenage boy was listening to a mashup of old rock bands that his dad turned him onto when he was only 5. To save himself from the embarrassment, his kept his head focused towards the window, not letting anyone else see that he was clearly enjoying himself. The boy known as "Chris" focused on the tall buildings that were moving to the side of them. He took in the scenery, taking note in his mind of where they were and how he would get back to the airport if there were an emergency.

Xander wasn't quite sure how he got in this situation, seated next to a bouncing underclassman girl with a video camera. Mind, she wasn't paying much attention to him, seemingly intrigued by the passing scenery and chattering on rapidly about the history of Mount Marlina and her excitement to no one except herself and her camera. The monologue had been going on since they left the school, and quite frankly, it was getting on his nerves. Not that he'd show it. Xander slouched further in his seat and drew the hood of his tattered gray sweatshirt up over his head.

~*~*~*~

Tess had been anticipating the trip for ages. She needed a topic to film, and what was more interesting than an abandoned asylum? She did some research on the side, figured out some information for hypothetical viewers, but it didn't take as long as she anticipated to drain her reserves, and they were still a ways away when she finished. So she did what any film artist did best: she improvised.

"Let's see what most excites the other visitors," she said into the camera before bounding up and leaning over her seat to find a girl reading and a boy listening to music. She poked the girl on the shoulder insistently, putting on her most winning smile. "Excuse me, if you have a moment, could you introduce yourself to the viewers and tell us what you're looking forward to most about this trip?"

Fallon felt the bus move underneath her, causing her to become very anxious. She hated car rides, or really anything that had to do with an operated vehicle. Just as she was about to force herself to become sick she felt a finger tap her on the shoulder. Oh God! They know, they know! she screamed inside her head. Knowing that she was caught, Fallon turned around; much to her surprise it was one of her classmates shining a camera in her face. "Uh, uhm." Fallon began, the words in her head being incinerated by an imaginary fire. After a brief moment of awkward silence, Fallon finally knew what to respond with. "Hello!" she started, a little too perky, "I'm Fallon St. James. I am currently attending the field trip to St. Marlina's Insane Asylum. I guess I'm mostly looking forward to learning about the eerie history of the place. Since you know, there have been numerous reports of suspicious deaths surrounding the building." the moody teenager concluded, hoping that she didn't sound like a total bitch. The boy was now curious as to what the two girls were conversing about, his let hand removing his black earbud from his pierced ear. Chris flipped his bangs away from his face, looking for a way to interject in the conversation. "Oh yeah! I've heard something about that!" he finally croaked out, almost instantaneously regretting speaking. "A girl about our age died there about 2 years ago. Her friends said that they were just looking around the place and then all of a sudden, she was gone." Chris laughed, knowing it was probably a crock of shit.

Xander listened to the exchange between his seat partner and the pair in the seat in front of them. When he heard the boy's intervention, he rolled his eyes and sat up, quietly calling attention to himself. "Why do people even believe that?" he prompted, forcing himself not to flinch when the girl whirred the camera in his direction. "Either the story's fabricated to make someone sound badass or the girl ran away. It's the only way it could've gone."

Mind, he knew people would believe what they wanted, but he felt the need to point out the faults in such pointless stupidity when he could, that way they wouldn't make themselves seem stupid in front of the people who knew the truth. He was only doing people a kindness, he figured, so he just continued doing it. Who really cared if people got mad?"

~*~*~*~

Tessa practically squealed when the guys intervened, panning the camera over them each as they spoke. Fallon had seemed a little hesitant at first, but look what her words prompted! A whole debate, it seemed. How wonderful! That would make for some great watching, although she'd have to get their permission before she posted the segment on her blog. She zoomed out a bit, standing at an angle to get all three of them in the shot.

"But imagine if it is true," she said with far more excitement than the situation called for. "What if we find some sign of what happened, some proof? Wouldn't it be cool if one of us proved or disproved the local legend? It would almost be like Scooby Doo, except, you know, without the dog!" She laughed, hardly able to contain her excitement. "Do you guys think we'll find anything? I mean, it's possible, but what do you think?

Fallon smiled a little bit at the two boys getting flustered over their heated word exchange. "People believe in these stories to make their boring lives more interesting." the girl commented, looking at Tessa's fast moving camera. "It's like when a celebrity is murdered or seriously injured, the public follows the story because it takes them away from their sad lives and places them into a more upbeat and meaningful one." Fallon added, her eyes wandering over towards the moody teen and then to the kid with the headphones in his ears. "If you ask me," she said once more, adjusting her gray AC/DC fitted hoodie, "I think if people are so goddamn interested, they should check it out themselves, and not wait for some ditsy reporter to spew out fabricated information on the TV." Fallon concluded, now putting her novel beside her. Chris looked intensely at Xander and then to Tessa. "Maybe we should go check it out?" he agreed, peering over towards Fallon, letting her finish her sentence. "I mean, she has a point. Why let the reporters fuck up the story? What if four teenagers ended up getting the scoop before the investigators do? They would be so pissed!" Chris exclaimed, jumping up a little. This action led to the other earbud falling out of his ear, which made him frown in anger.

"

"That would be amazing!" Tess practically squealed, bouncing up and down with her camera once more, earning her a steady look from Xander. "It would make for great film material, and my blog's followers will absolutely adore it if the three of you will consent. Oh, just imagine the looks on people's faces if we got the real scoop! Us! A bunch of teenagers!" She laughed loudly, the prospect legitimately sounding fun. It would be like playing detective, she decided, except for real. They could go down in history, make names for themselves without even having finished high school. And if her camera was the one that caught it all, why, film schools would be begging her to attend. She glanced over at Xander eagerly. "What do you think?"

Xander shrugged as he saw the excitement of the other three. To be honest, it was a pretty cool idea, and hey, why not? It might make the trip a bit more interesting if they were to investigate the legend. "Sure, why not?" he agreed with a nod. "You guys reckon we can split from the group without them realizing?"

Tess shrugged. "Well, perhaps we stick with them for a while, but I don't think we'll be the only ones going off on out own, and I don't think anyone will be too alarmed. We're teenagers, so they'll just say it's normal."

Fallon listened to the three intently, grinning from ear to ear. Maybe her mom was right? Could she finally gain some friends from this experience? She glanced over towards Xander and took notice that he was finally coming around to the idea. "You know there is a book about Mt. Marlina? It gives a very graphic and detailed version about how the patients were treated during their stay at the asylum itself." Fallon piped up, now grasping onto the book again, which revealed its title to the group: Insane Asylum or Torture Chamber?: The Real Story of Mount Marlina. She then went on to opening the book and flipped until a large map divulged from the end. "I studied the map over and over, there is a hallway in which every tour guide must take their students. In that hallway, there is a passageway that some patients created. We can separate there." Fallon suggested, opening the map over the seat, making sure everyone could see. "Oh and I'm Fallon by the way, just in case no one heard me." she added quietly, her green eyes scanning the map. Chris sighed once more, leaning over to take a look at what Fallon was hiding. "We just have to be really careful. The last time a student tried to leave the tour Mrs. Maloney almost kicked the poor guy's ass." Chris said, looking up front to gaze at the plump, cheerful looking woman who sat next to a worried underclassmen. "I'm Chris." he commented trying desperately to make himself known in the on-going conversation.

"Theresa, but I just go by Tess or Tessa, whatever you prefer," Tess responded to Chris, still beaming like an absolute idiot. And honestly, she didn't care how she looked; she was excited, and if people wanted to judge, then so be it. It's not like she, of all people, would care. Not caring was how she survived the past few years, avoided and shot down all the inevitable gossip. Someone making fun of her? She'd just laugh right along and people would drop it soon enough. It was a strategy for navigating high school as a film geek, and it seemed like it worked, so she stuck to it. "And I agree with Fallon." She poked the girl on the head. "The book will come in handy, I'm sure; and Mrs. Maloney will be far more preoccupied with the problem kids. I don't know about you guys, but I have a pretty clean record."

"Xander," Xander introduced himself simply, not even bothering with his real name. He really didn't like Gabriel or even the shortened version of Gabe. It didn't suit him, so he adopted a name of his own. He was just glad the teacher's respected and used his chose nickname; it saved him a lot of boiling blood. "Teachers don't really take too much notice to me at all, so I know I'm good to go."

"Nice to meet you all." Fallon responded to their introductions in nice way. "I really don't care what nickname you call me either; considering the fact that it looks like we're going to be spending a lot of time with one another over the next few hours." she giggled, sounding like an amused school girl. "I'm not a problem child, I'm lucky if people even notice my existence half the time." Fallon said with a frustrated expression, she was trying to fit the map back together. Just as she was about to fold it back, the bus came to a sudden halt. "Well class, it looks like we finally made it!" Mrs. Maloney piped up like a song bird. God you're annoying. Chris thought, his arms folded over his chest. "Now as your teacher, it is my duty to make sure you guys are safe for the oncoming weather conditions as well as informed about the rules." the overweight woman began. "Will she ever shut the fuck up?" Chris said to himself, now becoming angry. "What was that Mr. Hughes?" Mrs. Maloney asked Chris with a glare. "Nothing ma'am." Chris retorted with an equally pissed off look. "Guess we know who the problem child is?" Fallon asked Chris. The teenage boy only responded with a small nod. "Now as I was saying before I was rudely interupted, it looks as if the snow will be getting heavy today and the temperature will drop significantly, so it is imperative you guys bundle up." Mrs. Maloney informed her students, smiling brightly. She then went on with the rules...

Quite frankly, Tess didn't really care what their chaperone had to say. They had reviewed the ruled before they left, and they were already planning on breaking the biggest one of all, so it didn't really seem to matter in her eyes at least. And honestly, the fact that Chris out of the four of them was the problem child wasn't much of a surprise, either; he definitely had that kind of aura about him. She turned off her camera for the time being as she pulled on her dark gray windbreaker over her dark blue sweatshirt, drawing a purple scarf around her neck. She frowned as she realized Xander was making no move to bundle up against the cold. "Aren't you going to put another coat one?" she pressed. "It's pretty chilly out."

Xander winced at Tessa's question. He didn't like talking about his lack of money, didn't like the pity he got. So he didn't go into it, answering in hushed tones. "I'll be fine; I don't get cold easily, but I overheat really quickly. It's all good."

Fallon listened to Mrs. Maloney intently, retrieving her large black bubble coat and hat. "Out of all of the days to take a field trip, she picks today when there's supposed to be a snow storm." the girl said impatiently, zippering her coat all the way up to her neck. Besides the jacket, Fallon had an arsenal of weather gear, her mother practically handing Fallon her a majority of her entire closet before she left. The girl glanced at Chris and gave a half defeated sigh, knowing that he wasn't going to get rid of Mrs. Maloney easily. "Hey um Chris?" Fallon asked, now standing up to make sure she didn't leave her gloves on the seat. "What's up?" Chris responded in a cool voice, not bothering to listen to Mrs. Maloney's instructions at all. He figured it would be a big giant "Fuck You" sign to her. "Are you sure, you can leave the group? It seems as if Maloney has you pretty high on her shit list." Fallon said, smiling now because she finally found her light-gray gloves. Chris rolled his large eyes and stood up in unison with the rest of the class. "Yeah, I'm sure. She doesn't really give a rat's ass what I do, considering the fact that I can practically destroy her reputation with one word out of my mouth." Chris said menacingly, knowing that his teacher couldn't touch him even if she wanted to.

Tessa, who was listening in on the conversation transpiring in front of her, was legitimately intrigued. What could Chris have done or discovered to protect him that much? She wasn't going to ask, she really wasn't, until, of course she did. "How exactly can you do that?" Oh, damn. Did she really just ask that. Oh, well; the question was out there now, might as well get an answer and perhaps a laugh out of it. She really did need to learn to keep her mouth shut, though; filters were hardly her forte at the best of times. At the worst of times, they didn't even exist. Just one of the problems with being Theresa Alden. Oops.

Xander watched the exchange, wincing when Tess asked the question Chris had practically requested to be asked with a statement such as the one he just made. He handed Tess her messenger bag before shoving his hands in his pockets, hoping the response wasn't too bad. He had some respect for teachers, putting up with loads of bullshit day in and day out, but that wasn't to say he wasn't curious.

Fallon was curious as to what Chris had to say. What could he possibly have on Maloney? She wasn't that bad of a teacher, at least she takes them on field trips. Fallon slid out of the teared up brown seat, hoping to never have to sit down again. With that action, Fallon calmly placed her guide book in her backpack and then proceeded to whip it over her shoulder, hitting an underclassmen with glasses accidentally in the face. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry. I- I- I-." Fallon stuttered, trying to help the girl pick up her shattered glasses that Fallon had knocked off. "Save it you freak!" the girl growled angrily, pushing passed the others, like she was in a hurry to get somewhere. Fallon frowned at the attitude of that girl and hung her head low in embarrassment, hoping no one else noticed. Chris glared at the girl stepping off the bus and looked over at a reddened Fallon. "Don't worry about her, she's just a four-eyed bitch!" Chris yelled out to make sure the girl could hear him. The teenager turned his attention towards Tessa and Xander and smiled at how intrigued they were. The boy started to walk off of the bus, beginning his story with a perky attitude. "Well, you remember that one summer where Maloney was teaching the extra-help classes to the kids who failed finals?" Chris started, adjusting his over-sized sweatshirt so the elements wouldn't bother him. "I was sadly apart of that dumbass class and I happened to notice from flirting going on between Andrew Hall and Maloney." Chris said dramatically, pointing to a tall kid with blonde hair already on the sidewalk outside. "One day when I forgot my book in class, I saw the two making out in one of the classes." Chris shockingly announced, his grin widening with each sentence. The teenager then reached the front of the bus where he knew he had to wrap up the story. "Anyway, to make a long story short, I guess Piggy found out and she begged me not to tell anyone." Chris finished, fully satisfied with that story. "Damn..." was all Fallon could manage to say.

((Sorry; I had to babysit yesterday. And a quick heads up: I'm going to be on vacation from the eleventh until the thirteenth, so I probably won't post at all.))

There it was. She succeeded in a feat she hardly thought possible before. She did it, she was amazing.
She choked on air. Tess looked over at Chris in shock. "No way," she said hoarsely, moving off to the side to avoid the other kids piling out of the bus. "Maloney and Andrew? Doesn't that creep you out just a little bit?" Her eyes drifted to the teacher, who was busy taking attendance at the other side of the sea of students. "I will never look at her the same way again," she rasped, resisting the urge she had to vomit down her shirt. She cocked an eyebrow in Chris' direction. "Aren't you tempted just to tell someone? Or is this all about having a teacher in your debt so you can get away with doing anything you'd like?" She hadn't known Chris for long, but from what she gathered, it certainly sounded like something he would do.

Xander wrinkled his nose in disgust as Chris relayed his story, not trusting himself to say a word on the matter. Leaving Tess to her obvious intrigue and Chris to his obvious lack of modesty, he moved a bit closer to Fallon, looking at her with quiet contemplation. "Are you okay?" he asked softly, referring to the whole exchange with the underclassman as they were dismounting the bus. "Your reaction makes me think stuff like this happens often." He paused, glancing around. "Do people often make fun of you? Call you names? Because you seem like a pretty nice girl to me, especially for tolerating Tess' enthusiasm when she interrupted your reading."

((Okay ;D))

Chris pushed the other kids out of his way, using his height as an advantage. That's what he always seemed to do, use his looks and charm to get the better of people; especially his elders. Chris then stepped off the bus with a huff, his body immediately feeling the effects of the bone-chilling cold. He ignored this feeling though, dismissing it as weak. He turned his attention towards Tessa, grinning at her obvious disgust. "I mean I guess at first it bothered me a little bit." he admitted to her, his teeth chattering due to the frost. "Thinking of a teacher screwing one of her students. Now that I look back on it though, I guess it isn't so bad." he added, his tone serious and somewhat kind. "She's just lonely is all." Chris verbalized while looking at his plump teacher on the bus talking to Fallon. "And I really haven't told anyone about it, except for you guys." Chris shrugged, glancing at all of the other students on the curb.

Inside the bus, Fallon felt her body tense up when Xander spoke to her; unaware that the group actually cared about her presence in the conversation. "I'm fine." she responded to him in a sad tone, lifting up her head to look him in the eyes. She wasn't used to talking to others, so this experience was all foreign to her. She was the definition of a loner, one one spoke to her and she didn't speak to them. The small framed teenager strode her way up to the front, ignoring her peer's senseless chatter. "No, not really." she lied, directing her head to the front to make sure he didn't catch on. "Ah Fallon, there you are!" Mrs. Maloney cheerfully said, placing a hand on Fallon's shoulder. "I wanted to remind you that if anyone teases you or makes fun of you today, you send my way." the plump older woman assured her, smiling brightly. "Shit." Fallon commented to herself, knowing that Xander probably heard her.

"I guess..." Tessa conceded, giving Mrs. Maloney a wary look. It was no new information that he husband left her a few years ago, although she never changed back to her maiden name. Perhaps it was only right for her to be seeking out love where she can find it, taking what she can without crossing a personal boundary. Well, Tess would have expected getting involved with a student would be a personal boundary, but apparently not. She decided it wasn't her place to say anything, even if she would never look at her teacher the same way again. Something about what Chris said, however, struck her. "You're putting a lot of faith in us, telling us all this," she said mildly, not quite looking at him. "How do you know you can trust us?"

Xander watched the exchange between Fallon and Mrs. Maloney carefully. The girl's reaction to the words of concern were instantaneous, and he couldn't help but smile lightly at how the truth came out despite her obvious resistance toward it. "Don't worry about it," Xander assured her softly. "I don't think any worse of you; in fact, I know all too well what it's like." He grimaced slightly. "I don't come from the greatest of families, you know, and people like to bring it up at my expense. Some of my teachers naturally suspect me even though I never do anything to earn it. I know all too well what it is that you're going through, even if it's not for the same reason." His mind wandered to his drunkard of a father, his whore of a mother, neither of which took any interest in him. It was his father's brother and his wife that took him in, giving him a real home. They served as his parents, and he was all the better off for it. He wouldn't trade his guardians for the world.

Fallon nodded at Maloney who just stood there and smiled like an idiot. She really must have not beeen getting any action, she was as tense as a virgin. The brunette and pink colored hair girl then stepped off the bus, feeling a little bit happier since Xander started speaking to her. It felt nice to have someone she could exchange words with, better than her mother at least. "I don't come from an amazing family either." she told him, her tone slow and little be sorrowful. She noticed Chris and Tessa speaking to one another, thinking to herself that it was a weird pairing. "My father skipped out on my mother and I when I was about ten with a twenty five year old stripper name Cherry Pop." she said to Xander, a little bit of humor rising up in her commanding voice. The girl stepped awkwardly on the brick tiled curb, loving the change in scenery. "After that, my mother has never really been the same since. She was diagnosed with anxiety disorder a little over a year ago. She rarely leaves the house except to go to work." she added, not really looking for anyone to pity her. She just loved confiding in someone.

Chris chuckled at Tessa, realizing that she really didn't even know him in the slightest. "How about this? Since I am the 'bad boy" in this group, if you tell anyone I'll kill you." he said to her half seriously, now noticing that the cold was beginning to eat away at him from the inside. He really hoped there would be heating in this broken down, rusted looking pile of garbage they called a "Historical Landmark". Man, Chicago really knew how to pick 'em didn't they? He watched intently as Mrs. Maloney hobbled off of the bus dressed in white. "Here comes the bride, all dressed in divorce papers." he announced jokingly, the rest of the crowd laughing along silently while he seemed to actually enjoy himself.

"Cherry Pop?" Xander snorted as he climbed out behind Fallon, a smirk of amusement tugging at the corner of his lips. Another whore in the neighborhood wasn't much of a surprise; there were more than enough to go around in their town, lurking in the alleyways, standing on street corners. It was actually quite revolting, yet the police never did anything about it; Xander suspected it had something to do with the fact that half of the force was more than likely screwing a whore of their own on off hours. Funny how people could turn a blind eye to even the worst of transgressions when it benefited them. Such was one of the sickening habits borne by the human race. "Seriously, she calls herself Cherry Pop? What the hell sort of a name is that? I mean, don't get me wrong, most whores take on pretty terrible names, but that's one of the worst I've heard in a long time." Realizing what it sounded like, Xander felt his face flush. "I mean... I don't go to whores; my mother was one. Went by Beauty, last I heard, but she was always changing it." A wry smile crossed his lips. "She had a thing for fairy tale characters, if you can believe it."

Tess snorted at Chris' threat, amusement bubbling up as she gazed upon him, a doubtful look upon his face. "You do that," she said evenly, eyes dancing with laughter. Even the note of seriousness in his voice didn't cause her much worry about the guy's moral standing; even having just met him, she was pretty sure that was just what he was like. Anyone who didn't like it would be driven away, but quite frankly, she found it funny, even suppressing a laugh of her own at his little comment. "Aren't you Prince Charming?" she asked through her giggles, video camera out once again. "Ever so kind and gentlemanly."

Fallon proceeded to then zip up her coat a bit more, taking notice that the bone chilling breeze was picking up. It was quite fierce, might she add. She allowed a laugh to escape her lips when Xander spoke about her father's mistress. "I guess it is a ridiculous name." she said to him, watching as her breath fogged up the air. The teenager still couldn't get over the fact that their heart broken teacher picked today of all days to go to a broken down insane asylum. "She wasn't popping any cherries, I'll tell you that much." she joked, although that humor sounded a little bit corny. She didn't care though, she was passed giving a fuck about what people thought of her. "That's enough Christopher!" she heard Mrs. Maloney snap at Chris, who was standing there will Tessa, a smug look spreading across his sad looking face. "Let's move!" Maloney demanded, snapping her fingers at the group, indicating that the tour was commencing. With that, Fallon began to walk along side Xander who was telling her about his mother. "I'm sorry to hear that." she remarked towards him in a compassionate tone, feeling bad for him. "Fairy tales are stupid. It makes people fantasize about a false reality that will never come true." Fallon added cynically, watching as other students converse with one another.

Chris laughed when Maloney reprimanded him, he found it quite amusing. He glanced up at the tall building in front of them, watching as a couple of ravens were fighting over who got to sleep in the chimney that night. He guessed Santa wouldn't be getting around to this place, this year. He exhaled an icy breathe when the group start to walk towards the creepy looking structure, their movements mimicking those of a zombie's. "I'm ready to save anyone from a burning building right at this very moment miss." he said in a formal matter, scurrying in front of Tessa to bow politely. "I'm at your leisure." he commented, while doing a rather terrible attempt at an English accent, disguising his American one poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back