• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mordheim: Freelancer

Hellkite

*Yawn* Really?
Hey all,

I've been thinking of trying to organised a Mordheim game/roleplay on here for a while, and I think I've now worked out enough of the practicalities to give it a shot. This role play will be based on the Mordheim system, but with a few adjustments to adapt it to a text based format and to make it more manageable for all. The main changes are listed below.

• Players will create and mold one hero, rather than an entire warband. This is to encourage role-playing and character interaction, and as an exercise in streamlining. Players will be presented a choice of warbands from which to select their hero's class, with the options available depending on which setting we choose for the campaign.
  • All players will be part of the same warband. Again, this is to encourage roleplaying and for ease of management. This also allows the GM (me) to better direct the story and create scenarios that will be challenging for all.
  • We will be using the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition system.

Now, onto the interesting stuff! I have two ideas for the setting. The first is a more traditional Mordheim setting with some treasure-hunting and clashing with rival warbands, while the second would take place in Sylvania and involve Vampire/Demon hunting and a more structured story. I'm happy with and have ideas for either option, so any preferences would be appreciated. For either of these settings, the following options will be available for players to choose their hero from:

1. Averland Mercenaries
  2. Dwarf Treasure Hunters
  3. Kislevites
  4. Mercenaries
  5. Ostlanders
  6. Sisters of Sigmar
  7. Witch Hunters

For the Sylvania setting, I'd also be tempted to add:

1. Undead
  2. Cult of the Possessed

Dont worry if you're missing any/all of the rulebooks, or if you are a Mordheim veteran or new player. All the sourcebooks that will be used in this roleplay can be found at this link.

Reoly here or send me a PM if you're interested. Any question, feel free to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered the merits of just using Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition, if it's being cut down to a single character?

Grey said:
Have you considered the merits of just using Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition, if it's being cut down to a single character?
I hadn't actually. I've given it a quick skim over, and from what I see it looks like it could be a good system. I think I'll still stick to the Mordheim mechanics for now despite their issues (largely because I'm more confident with them) but I'll certainly do some more investigation. Thank you!

I've run a game in the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition system, and I will second the idea that it would be much better suited for this style of game. Mordheim is designed for managing warbands, so the individual characters aren't nearly as well fleshed out as a typical RP system.

If you're set on using Mordheim, might I suggest the Coreheim fan rework? It keeps the same system, but fixes a lot of the issues with the original

[QUOTE="Lord of Chaos]I've run a game in the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition system, and I will second the idea that it would be much better suited for this style of game. Mordheim is designed for managing warbands, so the individual characters aren't nearly as well fleshed out as a typical RP system.
If you're set on using Mordheim, might I suggest the Coreheim fan rework? It keeps the same system, but fixes a lot of the issues with the original

[/QUOTE]
I've been doing some digging since Greys initial suggestion, and am increasingly agreeing with the two of you. Will mean I have to learn the new system before I can run this, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back