• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Moonlight - The Beginning ((Closed))

Characters
Here

FangAndOzy

Twenty Thousand Club
Going back to when Arthur and Kara were still young and learning how to make the pack a better place for their wolves.

"Please, please let me go this time." Kara pleaded. She was standing with her father and brother in their living room, her sister was sprawled out on the couch that was also in the room. Rufus and Marcus Simmons were traveling to the Moonlight pack to try to form an alliance with their Alpha. It was to be Marcus's first time as acting Alpha, but Rufus would be going with him as an adviser while his Beta and Beta in training stayed behind to manage the pack. Kara had never gone with her brother and father to another pack before. She wouldn't have been against it, but she had also wanted to stay back with her sister who showed no interest in leaving the pack.

"Kara, my dear, what is it about this trip that you want to come so badly?" Rufus asked. He was leaning against the wall of an archway, his arms crossed over his chest. Marcus was sitting in a chair, looking over a few documents, but he was listening intently to their conversation.

"I just...I don't know. I don't know what it is, but I want to come. I want to see and learn too." She answered. "I can take care of myself and I could offer medical assistance if it is needed at all." She pointed out. Marcus smirked and covered it by lowering his head further to look at his documents.

"What about your sister?" Rufus asked.

"Lu likes being by herself. And she's been training with the healer. She could stay with the Beta and his family, or with the healer if you don't like her being here alone." Kara argued.

"She's right. I'd love to be home alone for a bit." Lucy chimed in from over the edge of the book she was reading. She didn't look at any of them though.

"Kara I don't..." Rufus started, but Marcus interrupted.

"Father she will continuously find an answer to every protest." He said with an amused smirk, getting up to stand by his sister. He threw an arm around her shoulder. Kara grinned and looked at him and then back to her father. Rufus sighed and closed his eyes a moment.

"Fine. Fine. You can come, but Kara darling you do as we say." he warned. "We leave in an hour. You have until then to get what you need." He said with a deep sigh.

"I'm already packed." She said excitedly. Rufus rolled his eyes and Marcus laughed.

"Then why don't you go get us some food ready to take, the first day of the journey will be the hardest and I don't want energy wasted on hunting when we could be traveling. Go. Time is of the essence." He said. Kara didn't hesitate to do as she was told. She got everything together and Rufus spoke with his Beta about Lucy staying behind. The hour came and went and the trio shifted into their wolf forms to start their travel. They took off at a run and stayed at a hard run. It would be a two to three day journey keeping at a fast pace to reach the Moonlight pack.

Arthur walked into the house, Keith now had to himself,. to find his best friend in the kitchen, aimlessly moving around it, pacing. Just two days ago, they had followed the path Julius and his brother had opened for them. They won against the shifters, but lost three Elite and the pack Beta. Kevin's brother was one of the Elite lost and the only one that had not been located. Arthur watched Kevin's anger and sadness flare out to rage and dismay. No one would know how much Kevin loved his brother, by the way that he spoke about him. But the way he acted now, it was obvious, Kevin loved his older brother dearly. Arthur sighed, "Father is preparing the ceremony for the fallen. Mother thought you might want to help."

Keith stopped, he had heard that his brother's body had been found and he had not left to see it. "Help?!" he said weakly. "I could have helped them, if they took me with them. I could have helped them survive."

"Keith, you have to know that isn't true. They were shifters." Arthur tried to assured Kevin of what he laready knew.

Kevin snapped as he turned to Arthur, "You don't think I know that. I know what they were up against, but that doesn't mean I couldn't help."

Arthur looked unmoved, it was training his father had snapped into him at all costs, "They were shifters, they could look like us." Arthur protested.

"I could smell them." Kevin roared, "I could have smelled them." he said, taking in a deep breath, "My brother taught me how to track, I could have smelled them before they could have thought of shifting into someone."

Arthur sighed as he moved towards Kevin, "Keith, it could have worked for a little while, but there was no telling before the shifters would have found a way to trick you or them against you."

Kevin looked at Arthur like he was being betrayed, "I lost my parents before I could do anything. Now, I lost my brother, I am alone. And to make it worse, my teacher, the best Beta, was killed and now what is left for me? I can'tr learn to be Beta, if I don't have a teacher."

Arthur looked at him, like he knew what was coming next, "You don't get to decided that." Kevin looked at him amazed, "You don't get to decided who is the best, I do. I didn't pick you because you were my best friend or that you were the best warrior, I picked you because you were smart. Because when your parents were killed, you found the drive to keep pushing yourself. So, you don't get to decided who is the best, I do. And Julius was the best Beta, so far; you will be better and when the time comes you will do what is best for the pack, just like she did. We finally got the bodies of the Elite, you can't ignore that." Kevin looked at Arthur for a moment, but didn't speak, "Get ready and meet us at the ceremony. We all have to respect the dead and honor their lives. You are the last of your current family, but you are not the end of your family." he said, "I will see you there." he said before he turned sharply and left Kevin to think about what he had said.

Arthur sighed, when he was out of the house, before taking a moment to think and feel sad for his best friend. He got to his feet and moved to the Medical House, where his father would be. It took him a short time to find his father. But he knew where he would be. He just wasn't expecting his mother to also be there. He stopped at teh door and waited, it was closed but he listened, lik ehe was taught. His father was standing over Julius' body, his mother beside him, her hand on his arm, "She died giving us the edge we need."

Garrett nodded to his wife's comment, "She will be honored with all the strength of the pack." he stated, before he leaned down and kissed Julius' forehead, "I remember when she came to this pack, a rogue pup with no home."

Soph chuckled, "If I recall, you found her in the trees, she thought you were food. She gave you quiet the bruises and cuts." she teased.

Garrett smirked, "She left me a scar on my chin." he added, and then sighed, looking at Julius, "I have selected another to be my Beta, but my father rejected that idea, when Julius came into the pack."

Soph nodded, "Of course he did, when he found out we were mates. You know family can not rule a pack. It is wrong and dangerous."

Garrett nodded, "Selecting her was the best decision my father agreed I made."

Soph sighed, as she held her husband, "She had a good life, Garrett. She loved her pack and her Alpha."

Garrett nodded, hugging Soph, "She was loved just as much." he took a deep breath after a moment and stepped back from his wife, holding back tears that she could see were threatening to be released. "Now, we have work to be done."

Soph sighed, nodding, "She told me, the Ash Mountain Pack is coming."

Garrett huffed, "A minor pack of children, testing out their new Alpha. She convinced me to give him a chance, but I doubt they will have anything to offer but headaches in our mourning." he snarled.

Soph smirked, "But you agreed to hear them out and you should at least try to."

"They are wild dogs, with no training. They would best be allied with a pack that wouldn't have to pick up their pieces." Garrett stated.

Soph sighed, before turning to the door, "What do you thing, Arthur?" she asked, knowing he was there.

Arthur knew that was his opening to walk in, he opened the door and stepped into the room with his parents, He bowed to his father and nodded to his mother, "They seem to be a pack of wild animals, but they are not useless." Garret and Soph looked curiously to Arthur, "They live on a exploding rock, that alone protects them from attacks, and would have unique medical value, given their home. They can't breath very well on this plane of land because they are used to the high altitudes that would make them an easy target, but also a hard one to fight, on their own lands. We can help them fight and any enemy might have values that we can use, since the mountain wolves wouldn't use so many of what is down here, since p there things are different."

Soph looked to Garrett proudly, Garrett was silent for a moment, "Perhaps, but they are weak and the last thing this pack needs are weak allies."

By the end of their first day of travel, Kara was exhausted. She trained with her brother all the time, but she had never left the pack before. She was not used to traveling at length like this at such a quick speed. She wasn't about to show it though. When her brother and father stopped to get water and allow an hour of rest, she got some food ready for them before stopping to get her own water. She ate quickly and took a quick nap before getting up again in time to pack everything up. They started off again, the entire time Marcus shared what he knew of the Moonlight pack with Kara as they ran. It wasn't much. It sounded as though the Alpha was a strict man and one who was hard to deal with. Her father had also recently received news that they had just had a big loss within the pack. His news came from an ally of theirs who was also an ally to Moonlight. They were aware of the fight with the shifters they had been facing, and it seemed in the aftermath they lost some of their Elite. Marcus then had to explain to her what that was, since their system was different. When she asked her father if it was wrong to visit so close to a time of mourning, he informed her that they would not have a chance again to have a meeting to make such strong allies. She didn't like it, they had their own mourning process and funeral process, and she couldn't imagine what it would have been like if an Alpha wanted to meet with her father during her mother's funeral. Marcus told her later that they had not heard from Alpha Garrett asking to delay the meeting or cancel altogether and so they would keep at it.

As the second day of travel passed, Kara could sense that they were nearing the territory of Moonlight. They stopped again for a brief rest and to eat before continuing, but Kara could feel her strength waning. They arrived on Moonlight territory early in the morning on the third day. Rufus had them stop as he shifted and changed into the clothes he'd brought.

"Kara you are to stay near me at all times while we are here unless I tell you otherwise. Am I understood? We are coming here looking for allies but this is not a pack to trifle with and if Alpha Garrett deems us unworthy, we need to remain on guard." He said sternly. Kara looked to him.

"I...yes father." She said. Marcus smirked but then resumed his stern expression as they reached the pack town. Marcus linked with Garrett, normally it would have been his beta he linked with, but they had since learned that his Beta was among those killed. It was something only Alphas and Betas could do, contact one another without having to be in the same pack. He merely let the Alpha know they were there and that they would go straight to the Pack House until told otherwise. While they were in his territory, they did not want to appear too aggressive or get in the way.

The passed two days, after the ceremony, Kevin had stuck with his work, in the Beta House, today, he was going to be there to advise Arthur, while Arthur acted as Beta. Alpha Garrett was strict on this fact. That Kevin would stand in silence, watch and be their eyes, with what they didn't see. But until then, he would work through the pack's paperwork, while Arthur and Alpha Garrett dealt with getting the Elite back on track with training. Alpha Garrett linked with Kevin, what the Ash Mountain wolves would call a Pack House, was to them the Beta House, Kevin was to meet them before the entered, he jumped up and moved to the door, opening it as he saw three strange wolves. He reported the additional wolf and was told what to do. He close dthe door behind him, as he stood outside, "Alpha Garrett wasn't told there would be three of you." he announced as they got closer.

Rufus nodded as Kevin approached them, he had been worried about that. But it was Marcus who spoke up, stepping forward. He held himself with confidence and seemed completely at ease. "I am aware that she was not expected and for that I apologize. While my father is here to act as an adviser, my sister is here as a medic and a soldier. The journey here is dangerous and we requested she come." He said. "She does not need to be present during our meetings if there is a place where she can wait. We also wanted to offer our condolences and apologies. I know this cannot be an easy time to be receiving us." He added gently. Rufus felt pride for his son though it was well hidden and he was relieved that Kara remained silent. He looked to Kevin, studying him carefully. He must have been the Beta in training. He linked with Marcus to let him know.

Kevin listened, as he was taught and let Garrett listen as well, before he sighed, nodded, "She can wait with the Elite." he stated, before he moved to stand in front of Marcus, standing eye to eye with him, "Alpha Garrett warns against any hostility during your stay. She will remain with the Luna, until you are dismissed from this pack and if the Alpha finds any threat to his pack, he will snap you all, until you are less recognizable then our dead were." he stated. He moved passed Marcus to Kara, motioning her to an awaiting wolf, "Lina will take you to the Luna. She has orders to kill you if she doesn't like something, so I suggest keep your head down and follow her step by step." He stated before turning to Marcus, "Follow me, Alpha Garrett will be here shortly." he stated before moving to go back into the House.

Kara glanced over to her father and brother. Rufus gave the barest of nods and she turned to follow the wolf named Lina. She bowed her head respectfully and then moved to follow her. She didn't like being separated from her family and yet she was too curious in everything she was seeing. This pack was much larger than their own and it operated a little differently too.

"Thank you." Marcus said to Kevin as both he and Rufus followed. "My name is Marcus by the way, and my father is Rufus." He added. He was not surprised by the threat from Alpha Garrett, he had expected something like that. He didn't mind either. They were not here to be hostile or violent, they were merely here to negotiate.

Kevin sighed, as he entered the house, "Kevin." he said, without turning to them. He missed his brother and the fact that he was going to be just there to advise his Alpha's acting Beta felt like he was not going to be able to prove what he could do. But he moved to a room that was designed for meetings, it had a map on the table and chairs around it, one large long chair in the front. "Take a seat, Alpha Garrett will be here soon."

Marcus simply nodded, feeling like he did not need to answer, and he was not sure that Kevin would appreciate an answer. He and his father took a seat and waiting patiently.
Will Kara be okay? Marcus asked his father, maintaining his neutral expression.
She will be fine Marcus. Don't worry about your sister. I don't give her enough credit, but really, she would be an excellent adviser to you and Josie if she were not family. Just focus on our meeting with Alpha Garrett. He assured him.
I will be focused. I do not wish to disappoint and we need this alliance. Marcus said.

Kevin sat and was silent as he waited fro Arthur and Garrett to arrive. Which wasn't long before Garrett came in and sighed, as he looked between the two before he glanced to Arthur. Arthur sighed, as he moved forward, his father passed by him, without a word, which was his way of disrespecting the wolves, challenging their response. "My name is Alpha Born Arthur and my father," Arthur motioned to his father, "Alpha Garrett." he said before he bowed to them both with respect and moved to seat.

Alpha Garrett sighed, "My Beta, Julius, agreed to this meeting with the understanding that you wanted an alliance. She informed me of the change in command too." he stated, before he sighed, "So, let's go on with this." he said weaving his hand over the table.

Marcus nodded. He noted the sign of disrespect and didn’t see the point in mentioning it. They were given audience during a hard time, he would let some things slide...to a point. “Your Beta thought an alliance with us, as small as we are, could benefit us both. I will not be so folkish to think it will be even. I know an alliance with your pack will be more benifica to us than you. I also am not foolish enough to think you’re keen on this arrangement. Living on the volcano we have medicinal herbs that grow only there. We’re the closest pack for miles that has these. I understand that’s not a huge perk but we are also allies with a few of the larger packs you’re not. There could be a joint alliance through use that could benifit everyone.” He started.

Alpha Garrett looked at them coldly and sighed, "And I am guessing they agreed to your herbs?" he half questioned before he leaned forward, looking at Marcus closely, "Because if that has always been your pitch, you are going to run very thin on allies and your precious herbs." he advised before turned to Arthur.

Arthur looked at him, before he nodded, closing his eyes for a moment, before they opened glowing white. Kevin looked surprised, he had read about this, but off the top of his head, he didn't know what it meant, at the moment. It wasn't until Arthur spoke, that it snapped in Kevin's head, why Arthur and Alpha Garrett didn't meet the Ash Mountain when they came. "Our wolves doesn't use herbs often, so you can understand how your herbs, even with the fact that they are rare would mean very little to us,"

Alpha Garret smirked at Arthur, before he nodded, looking at Marcus, "This pack is not really one to call on help from others, so the Large packs are not as weighted as you might think. So, you can imagine, how very little weight you are showing."

Marcus shrugged. He was a little unnerved and annoyed but he did his job to hide it. “We offer what we can based off what is needed in the packs we speak to. I understand that there isn’t much you need or want from a pack like ours.” He said. There was a slight edge to his tone, but his posture and mannerisms remained calm. Temper Marcus. His father warned. “I’m sure it is pointless to ask if there is something you would consider in order to make the alliance a thing. But I will ask anyway. Is there something we can offer in trade of an alliance?” He asked.

Alpha Garrett looked at Marcus, "There is nothing you pack has..."

Arthur interrupted, seating straight, "Actually, your pack has something our pack can use. Something that would benefit us all." he smirked, glancing to Alpha Garrett who raised an eyebrow to Arthur, curious as to what was it that a pack like this could offer them. Arthur looked to Marcus, "It is no secret that we take from our allies, but never call on them. We are a powerful pack, because our wolves are strong enough to handle anything we need them to." He smirked, "But we are always looking for ways to improve and your pack can offer that to us. You are looked in a highly dangerous and beneficial location. We could just wipe your pack out and take it, but since you have graceful opened this door, that might not be the case." He stood up and started to pace the room, "You live on an inactive heat source, with atmospheric pressure equal to any mountain. And you have your fair share of animals, such as bears that venture and can kill your pack wolves." he pointed out. "So, what we would be open to accepting is your land. A few areas near the top and reaching down to the bottom of the mountain lands, you have. In place, we would offer your pack protection from such creatures that would threaten your pack. Keep from another family having to lose a mother." he stopped beside Alpha Garrett, "The training we can do in your land would make us stronger, it would also in able you to learn how to become stronger."

Alpha Garrett smirked, glancing to Arthur and Kevin knew why the way Arthur walked was strange and the glow of white was familiar, this wasn't Arthur speaking, it was Julius and this was why she choice to agree to this meeting. Alpha Garrett looked proud at Arthur, before turning to Marcus, "That is our price."

Marcus felt an uneasy mess creep over him, but he resisted the urge to look to his father. Rufus on the other hand sat back and studied Arthur carefully. While he had not seen it like this before, he had heard of things like this happening. With Julius using arthur to speak to them. It would make sense as to why this pup suddenly knew about his wife.

“We will agree. Though because our pack depends on that land, the land you’re given may be rougher or more treacherous. Though I imagine for training that is just as well.” Marcus finally answered after a long moment of deliberation. It was a gamble. If this pack chose to turn on them, this gave them an easy in. However the Ash Mountain pack, small as it may be, knew the mountain terrain better than any other wolf and could survive even the worst conditions there.

Arthur and Alpha Garrett smirked, Alpha Garrett nodded, "Then perhaps you aren't a complete waste of our space." he said before he stood up, "For now, we will give you time with your sister and in the morning we can decuss what territory will will surrender to us." he stated, before turning to Kevin, "Take them to the Elite."

Kevin nodded before he stood up and moved towards the door, motioning them to leave, "Follow me." he stated.

Marcus glanced to his father who nodded ever so slightly. They could speak that night about which land would be best to give the Moonlight pack. “Thank you, for your time.” Marcus said. There was an odd mix of sincerity and an edge as he got to his feet. Rufus also got to his feet. He nodded his head to Garrett and Arthur a little before following Marcus and Kevin out and to the Elite.
“Your Elite are like soldiers for the pack right?” Marcus asked Kevin as they walked.

Kevin raised his eyebrow as he led the way and looked at Marcus, "No, that is the Beta Force, the Elite are the executioners." he stated, "The Beta Force are the soldiers that fight and take orders, change moves, the Elite are given a target and element them." he stated, before he sighed, "They are the strongest of the pack for that purpose."

Marcus nodded, truly interested to learn. “It is a very different system than ours in some ways. But I assume it can be quite effective.” He said. He hesitated a moment. “I was sorry to hear about your mentor. My Beta was looking forward to maybe getting to meet her. We don’t know many female betas and she was hoping to meet your mentor. I have heard a lot about her, she sounded like an incredible wolf.” He said. He meant it. It was easier to talk to Kevin, though he was sure this wasn’t easy for him.

Kevin stopped and glared at Marcus, "Julius was not my mentor, she was my superior, but she didn't hold anyone's hands. She kept this pack from deteriorating and only would have ripped your Beta to pieces. Julius made it clear, being female means nothing, only that you work differently, you worked just as much as any male and she never had to concern herself with other packs." he stated before he sighed, "She died honorable and doing her duty, Your Beta should focus on her duties as a Beta, because Julius would have snapped her in two for such a comment." he told him before he started again. "This pack is not able to have such childish ideals. Many packs would love to destroy us. You should understand agreeing to this, Julius only saw you as a piece to a puzzle, nothing more."

Marcus smiled. “I am fully aware of that. I meant no disrespect to Julius, just that we were impressed with how she was as a Beta.” He said. “I apologize if I offended you.” He added. Careful Marcus. Don’t want to upset him too much. Rufus said. Marcus glanced to his father and nodded his understanding.

“Will my daughter be joining us?” Rufus asked Kevin to change the topic.

Alpha Garret has ordered us to hold her with the Elite until you depart, so no. She will be staying with Alpha Garrett under the watch of Luna Sophia. We just finished a war, you can imagine who careful he has decided to be, after that matter." he stated as he lead the way.

Rufus nodded in understanding. “Yes it is understandable.” He said. “As long as she is safe.” He added. You doing okay Kara? He asked, trying to link with her.
Yes. I am fine. Kara assured her father.

Kevin nodded, "She will be fine, you should know, only links to the Alpha can be reached through his home. So if you hear silence from her, I wouldn't be concerned." he commented as they got close to the training area.

Soph meet them before the entered, "Alpha Marcus and... Rufus?" she smirked. She wasn't sure which title to give a previous Alpha. She bowed with respect, "Welcome to the Moonlight pack, which I am sure my dear husband has lacked to offer you. I am Luna Sophia."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back