• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Monster Hunter RP

CaptainTe

Pretty Much A Lurker LOL
So I saw a Roleplay being made for Monster Hunter around 2 years ago (it was a post from 2 years ago that is) and I was wondering if people still liked that idea and maybe there is a Monster Hunter Rp? Wondering if anyone had seen one? Or does anyone want to start one possibly.

I’d like to start one with someone, but I’ve never really played monster hunter, I just like the idea of an RP where we take jobs to hunt things.

...I think it's 14? different weapon types
Mhm; Greatsword, Longsword, Light Bowgun, heavy Bowgun, hammer, switchaxe, chargeblade, bow, hunting horn, insect galve(might have spelt that wrong), lance, gunlance, duelblades, and j think that’s it. So wait is that 13?

I'm interested!
I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter: World (and I've completed the Iceborne DLC) lately and I'm excited to see others that enjoy the franchise!

have you played the older games?

Also, I don't think we have anyone that is willing to GM. a bit of interest to participate, but no one to lead.

Played a few when I was a young teen so that's quite a few years ago.
I too wouldn't be willing to GM, I'm not usually a fan of group RPs and am trying to ease back into it after a 7 year hiatus from them.

Do we need a Gm? I was planing on it being lead by a group, and we talk about the plot and stuff separately. Otherwise I can GM, though I haven’t done it before. I just guide the plot right? I think I can do that.

tenor.gif

I'M HERE!!!
Thanks to Murdergurl Murdergurl for sliding this little diddy in my sight.
First and foremost, hello everyone nice to meet you all!
Been playing Mon Hunt since my older brother handmidowned his PSP and Freedom Unite game. Got a 3DS to play 4U, and a Switch for GenU.
Always killing it on Iceborne too, can't wait for Fatalis!!

CaptainTe CaptainTe I'm aware you started the thread, but if no one does seem up to GMing I can do it! If you're okay with that we both can collab on anything together if you feel like it. On the other hand, if you don't want a GM s'all good and dandy!
Having a GM keeps things simple, if there's someone in charge we all can play fairly and happily! Not to say it'll happen here but there are RPer's out there that'll give themselves a god complex. Personally, I love smacking down those people xD

. I have absolutely no experience with Monster Hunter World whatsoever, and would prefer that the setting NOT include the monsters and extra stuff that I'm sure was added in to that release
No problem with me honestly! It sure is a glow-up of the series and though it's lacking in some areas of the old series it's still a great Mon Hunt . Hopefully when the PS5 gets its own Mon Hunt it'll improve upon what it lacked.

As long as we keep garnering interest, this mon hunt will PREVAIL!
I'm so excited for this! My monster hunter flow is 10 BILLION PERCENT HYPE

Neat. I have an idea for bowgun user. Fair warning, my experience with MH comes from MH3U, or MH Tri-G for my fellows across the pond. And I never had DLCs aside from Brachydios, so stuff has probably changed since I last played. (Mainly in that apparently now you can jump?)

that was just a thing with Gen. You could choose different hunting styles. But in the context of RP, I don't think any of that stuff even matters.
Yeah, I've noticed you don't have to forge two sets of armor if you bounce between Gunner and Blademaster depending on the hunt. Pain in the ass "Why tf can I not use my bowgun with my Uragaan armor? WTF do you mean they aren't compatible types?"
HM3U was weird.

Being undergeared forces you to get good at the game.

And that's why I used Hammer, Greatsword, Longsword, or Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun. I was not good at the game and with the exception of the longsword (I was on a mission to get a rathian ruby and that thing cuts off body parts like nobody's business) are all low-effort high-yield weapons.

I wouldn't trust myself to hit the broad side of the guild hall with a bow, though

I... may or may not have an eternal grudge against Rathians for the six months it took me to get a Rathian Ruby... I had lots of time to practice and experiment.

Put a longsword in my hands, I'll get that talk cut off for you real quick. Sword and Shield everyone's good at, it's hard not to be. Lance or gunlance, hell naw!
--------------
Speaking of KO, I never understood why you couldn't tame/train certain monsters. Like, Jaggi were pack hunters, and highly intelligent. Logically you could take a hatchling and train it. Or tame monsters you captured while not on quests.

I'd love to join in, if you are still open! I'd like to play an old fashioned hunter with his trusty sword and shield!

get a CS going?
I mean, ultimately all we're going to be adding is a personality, a face, and a backstory. Keep that tracked as well as weapons, armor, and items, and we're good, I think. How the hell do I not remember my loadout to go cut rathians apart when I had it memorized when I was hunting them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back