• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Moments in Time

James' Haircut
- James Pendragon -

He smiled at her answer. "Sometimes I cry." muttered James seeming embarrassed to share that, and looked at Lydia as though wondering if that was disappointing to know. "You think that's sissy stuff?"

-James' Haircut-
She didn't appear disappointed by his words, but she didn't smile either. She didn't want him to think that she was laughing at the fact that he admitted to crying sometimes, but she also didn't want him to think she was disappointed. She shook her head briskly to his question and then did smile, "of course not! It's just another emotion. I don't think that feeling anger makes someone a tyrant. Feeling happy doesn't make them a fool..." she snuggled up to him lovingly, "so feeling sad doesn't make someone a sissy."

Zer0 Zer0

James' Haircut
- James Pendragon -

James smiled in relief and snuggled back. "Thanks. Thou art a fountain of wise sayings, Master Dubois, this grasshopper has been enlightened much since yesterday, and very, very happy." he sniffed her hair affectionately. He urged her to take a break from training and come hang out together for a while.

"Lydia, I'd like to do something for you that'll make you happy. Is there anything you want? Anything, anything at all." he sniffed her hair affectionately again as they chilled, his arm over her shoulders.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-James' Haircut-
Lydia only giggled and shook her head before nuzzling against his cheek, "I'm glad you are happy," she had absolutely no qualms with taking a break to spend time with him. It was almost like they were just normal teenagers and that they weren't on an adventure to save the world when they were together. She wondered sometimes if this is how things would be once they returned home. If everything would go back to a state of normalcy and if she would get to spend time with him like this around the castle. Though she did wonder what Master Howl would say about them being together and how that would change things.

Lydia's hair was silky to the touch and a very dark shade of black that appeared to have more of a blue sheen in the sun rather than dark brown. It generally had a lavender scent to it, but since she had been spending far more time outside and less indoors around books, it had begun to smell more like sunshine and wind, giving it more of a flower filled meadow scent rather than an writer's den. She was absently toying with the fabric of his uniform when he spoke and she blinked a few times as the question was asked, her gaze turning up to James. She definitely remembered him saying the same thing before and she couldn't remember her response then, but since this was the second time he had asked, she decided to pose her own question, "you know you have asked me that before?" she smiled and sat away from him so she could see his face better, "is there something you want to do for me?"

Zer0 Zer0

James' Haircut
- James Pendragon -

"Yeah, and yeah there's something I want to do for you." he looked at her awhile, thinking. "I want to make you a sandwich, do something for your journal, make you smile again, maybe try and talk to Kenren about letting you use magic to summon Sasha, and help with your training somehow, but I'm not sure if those things will make you really, really happy, and I want to do the things that'll make you happy the most."

-James' Haircut-
Her head tilted to the side slightly, her eyes sparkling with the warmth she was feeling at the moment and a sweet smile settled comfortably on her lips. She listened to the list of things that James wanted to do for her and couldn't be happier, quickly leaning back into him and wrapping her arms around him tightly as she pressed her cheek against his shoulder, "just knowing that you want to do those things for me makes me really really happy... and knowing that I'm the only one in your heart... well I couldn't ask you for anything more."

Zer0 Zer0

-Timeless care-
-Echo Muses-

A thin line of colorful string is repeatedly tugged as the needle attached to it pierced through the cloth before the pointy tip poked her finger again. Echo didn't even flinch anymore because of the many times she poked her bandaged fingers; glad that almost everyone in camp don't question it since she fought with her fists and she's still recovering from last week's fight with the Deathknight. She focused on her long timed task of creating this item as she only needed a few more stitches and then...

And then she can give it to him...To Johnny.

It's funny too. It took her so long to get what Butters was trying to tell her before at Kenren's warship and she felt like an idiot...Since he stopped headbutting her butt after visiting Slug-Johnny to take care of him the first day. Butters' headbutts didn't hurt, since she can take it, but it caught her attention. At first she was worried if she offended him or something, but when the large ram tried eating Johnny's hair and not telling him anything; Echo guessed that he was mad at her boyfriend too.

The 'why' is what she didn't understand...until she met Johnny's family.

The atmosphere of his home, how Johnny carried himself with everyone there, his parents reaction to his changes...the fact that they would disown him and not him be happy with his choices...

It was a wake up call for her and she was thankful that Butters hinted it. Why? Well she wants to do it and got encouraged by him, letting her believe a little bit that maybe...just maybe...Johnny would let her...? Despite the pride thing?

Echo has always wondered why Johnny was the way he was; with not wanting help unless asked for, even with her. It's so confusing and there were times where she didn't know how to react to his flowers and notes. Why, you ask? Well she wants to take care of him, give him flowers and pass notes and give him food to eat, but she didn't think guys would like flowers and she didn't want to copy his methods of care. That and hurt his pride of providing for himself.

Pride. A word she's all too familiar with thanks to her father who has the same issue.

He always believed that it was the guy's job to care for the women, including his wife. Especially his wife. He wouldn't even let her do anything unless it's house or work related which her mother took it as an offense and would go out to do guy things. Like learning how to blacksmith from Echo's uncle; the same one her father works for. Just to annoy her dad.

So when she heard of Johnny's dislike for help unless asked for, Echo was in a bind. She wanted to show her care one way or another, so she would drop hints. Hoping that he would catch on that she does care for him. Like giving him compliments, nicknames, getting stronger by training, being honest with her desires, subtly helping him with stuff like carrying items or make him sit when he needed to rest from being around other girls for long periods of time. The time where she finally FINALLY really truly took care of him as Slug-Johnny, Echo showered him with all the care, affection, and love for him that she held back for too long.

She wants to help him achieve his dream too. It's why she learned how to make yummy drinks; to help provide the dream he wants so much. Slowly but surely, the fawn became interested in Mixology, the art of making really good drinks like an expert bartender and she can use her knowledge of herbs to help elevate the drinks.

Of course she mentioned it once before, but he didn't react much. Might be because he was crying at the time, but now that he's a little better, she doesn't know...She's still hesitating on telling him...

Echo sighed in dismay at the thought, her ears folding back as she made a little knot to seal the now finished piece she made. "I hope he'll like this..." This item doesn't compare to the flowers, drinks, and notes Johnny gave her all this time, but...she hopes that he can tell by her stitching and how much time she spent making it that she does.

Hopefully...

With another sigh, the fawn folded this item and held it tightly against her chest as she sneaked out the back of her tent. It was against Renee's orders for her rest, but she really wants to give this to Johnny after so long of making it. Plus it could help comfort Johnny too since she noticed he likes to sniff her. It's most likely that this blanket caught her scent. Echo tip-toed to his tepee and checked inside only to see that he wasn't in at the moment. She sighed again, ears wilted and leaned out, letting the flap fall back in place.

"...Next time...I'll catch him next ti-EEP!" Echo froze in place with her ears perked up, mid-way to turning around only to see Johnny coming towards her way-!

"H-Hi Love-! Ho-how are you?" Echo chirped, quickly hiding her present behind her back and standing straight, wincing at the fast movement before smiling shyly. Her cheeks flushed red when she realized that she might have looked suspicious just now and rubbed her hoof on her leg nervously. Her ears folded back as she noticed Butters was coming up too...

She prayed that he wouldn't head butt her butt again...at least until she recovered fully. Echo can't take the hits at the moment or else; Renee would be angry.

Zer0 Zer0

James' Haircut
- James Pendragon -

James sighed at that and gave her a one armed hug, sniffing her hair again. "Yes. I'm happy I'm the only one you look at this way too." he touched foreheads with her. "Get ready to be ecstatic, Lydia, because I'm going to do what I said!" said James energetically.

And he did, though Kenren did not allow them to remove Lydia's sealing cuffs. His sandwich tasted normal now, though he used crackers as they did not have any bread and seemed to kind of wanted to emulate bread so that he dipped them in water to soften them up, but then they ended just being soggy, including the fillings inside.

After that, whenever James spotted Lydia reading on the grass, he'd settle himself comfortably on her lap for her caresses and massages, then would take naps like that and hug her waist, saying, "Ten more minutes." every time she was about to leave.

Every now and then he'd bend and present his face to her, closing his eyes and smiling serenely for her shower of petal kisses, or would hug her for no reason and smooch her even though she was sweaty from training or even if her hands were dirty. James liked kissing her slender fingers especially after she used them for eating.

Timeless Care
- Leh Butters -

"Hello, I'm fine thank you? Why you behaving oddly?" said Johnny, curiously. He glanced at her hidden hands and walked around her to try and see what she was hiding behind her back.

The two had come from playing together with Meatballs and giving the giant boarhound a bath, so they both had hair-lick and smelled strongly of wet dog. Meatballs was currently running like crazy all over the red grassy plains in circles, rolling around wildly and rubbing his back and snout on the ground.

Butters bleated at Echo cheerfully in greeting and tilted his head to see what she was hiding too, sniffing the air.

Katsuya Katsuya

-Timeless Care-
-Echo Muses-

"U-Um-! N-no reason."

Echo leaned back and walked the opposite direction he took, trying to hide the item before remembering Butters and quickly sandwiched the item between her back and the tepee. Then she laughed awkwardly.

What is she doing? The whole point of being here was to give him his present and yet she's still hesitating and hiding his present. 'I just...don't want to offend him...or make him sad again...' Echo hopes that this item wouldn't bring him back to Slug-Johnny form. She hopes not.

Echo coughed and cleared her throat after a while of squirming on her hooves, still wondering if she should or shouldn't until giving up and taking the item out.

"...T-this is for you..."

Echo timidly handed Johnny his gift with bandaged hands that has pin-pricks of red decorating all over. Once he unfolds it, he'll realize that it's a blanket. A rather large blanket, big enough to cover him, Butters, and Meatballs, embroidered with so much details, colors, and intricate designs.

The borders had vines curling around with blooming flowers, seriously fluffy-looking sheep prancing around and leading them was a familiar looking ram with a ring leader's hat on holding a baton with a hoof; the fluffiest one of them all. A cat that's having fun playing on the moon, grinning wide and not caring much of what's going on below In the middle of it all is a flying theater, the one he described to her long time ago: Filled with rich and vibrant colors for the glass stained windows, a large stage with a story being told, a story Johnny probably recognized from long time ago when they first started to get to know each other as friends. A happy Meatballs jumping over the theater with Soda and Sorbet splashing behind it, creating a pretty pattern with ice and water and behind them is the sky with different colors that suggested it's about to be night time or morning, strings criss crossing each other to blend.

The fawn looked away as she waited for his reaction, blushing red and rubbing her arm. "I-I hope you like it?" She sounded like a little kid who's hopeful but scared of doing anything wrong. "I know it's not much but..."

Zer0 Zer0

-James' Haircut-
Lydia closed her eyes and smiled happily as James pressed his forehead to hers, one of her hands moving up to gently hold and caress his cheek as he did so. While she was sad about not getting to summon Sasha, she hadn't exactly wanted the cuffs removed either, not after what she had felt when Greed had shown up, although she hadn't told anyone about what she felt. The cracker sandwich, while she applauded the effort, she questioned the idea and felt bad thinking about not eating it, so she did her best to not appear totally grossed out and once again considered the concept of learning how to cook so they wouldn't starve in the future. She thanked him sweetly before teasingly reminding him that she wasn't a fish so she didn't really like soggy crackers.

She got to where she would wait for James to come and lay his head on her lap, she didn't mind setting her book aside for him since she hadn't brought many and spending time with him made the books last longer. It also gave her time to talk to him and reminisce, tell him funny things she had thought of, "James... what do you think... your father would say about us being together?" she asked once while idly twiddling her fingers around his.

Feeling less nervous about giving James kisses was nice, now that they both knew exactly where the rules stood, and when he would present his cheek to her, she would enthusiastically plant kisses on his face, playfully asking him after each set if that was enough and offering more if he said no.

She did shy away from him some when he tried to kiss her hands if they were dirty or kiss her face when she was sweaty, giggling bashfully each time and even sometimes playfully fleeing from him if he persisted.

Zer0 Zer0

Timeless Care
- Leh Johnny -

"Not much?" said Johnny, staring at her incredulously. He sniffed, eyes teary as he gazed at the blanket, finally putting it on Butters and tying the other end to a nearby tree.

'Baa!' bleated the giant ram, moving forward a little so that he can turn and see. 'Baa . . . '

Johnny ran his hands on it, tracing the threads on the flying theater and all its colorful details. He sniffed again, then looked at Echo tears falling down his face. "Waaah, Echo!" he floored her with his hug. "Thank you! Arigatou! Salama! Pedil edhellen!" he cried gratefully in all the languages he knew. "This is the best present I ever got and it's not even my birthday! You made this for me? --- sniff." his nostrils flared as he twitched, shaking, happy so happy. "I-I'm so happy I don't know what to do!" he hugged her.

"Echo, can we woo hoo now?"

Katsuya Katsuya

-Timeless Care-
-Echo Muses-

Echo froze, didn't know if his tone was a good or a bad one, her blushing cheeks looked like apples as Johnny spread the blanket open by tying it to a tree and draping it over Butters who's now looking at it too.

She watched carefully as Johnny traced his hand over it, hearing him sniff so much. 'Maybe this was a bad idea.' Echo thought sadly before bleating in surprise when Johnny floored her with a hug, her ears perked up high. "J-Johnny?!" Then she heard all the different thank you's from him, her eyes getting wider and wider in surprise. Then she sighed in relief that he likes it a lot.

"Of course I made it for you, silly." Echo laughed quietly as she hugs back, nuzzling in the crook of his neck and shoulder. Then her ears perked up again when he asked. Temptations but...

"No, Love. We planned to Woo hoo when we have a break here, remember?" Echo reminded him calmly, leaning back a bit to wipe the tears away gently as she smiled. Encouraged, she decided to ask at least because she needs to know...

"Johnny, my solid and fluffy marshmallow, I know you don't like others helping you and all, but...can I take care of you? I really love all the flowers and notes with the drinks and bananas to eat, but honestly I want to feed you and keep you warm somehow after a swim," She gestured the blanket she made. "I don't know if you like flowers but I'll do my best to make it manly too." Maybe leaves? "And let you taste some of the drinks I made up for the theater...when w-we get it after you come back from your training with the circus?"

Zer0 Zer0

Timeless Care
- Leh Johnny -

"I change my mind." said Johnny, looking at her determinedly. "I want to woo hoo now. And then when we make camp tomorrow woo hoo again, and the next day, and the next day." he smiled, planting a sweet kiss on her lips.

When Echo asked if she could take care of him, Johnny looked at her like what happened? He never knew that Echo wanted to do all this things and saying them all so suddenly now. He was staring at her in amazement again. Butters too, and for some reason the giant ram was trying to blend in the background so that they could have this talk alone.

"Oh, it's fine! You don't have to do those things for me, love, though I wouldn't mind tasting your drinks." said Johnny as though he was doing her a favor, looking like he didn't want to trouble her with all of that. He was also seemingly embarrassed of accepting something as weak as being fed or being kept warm when he can do all those by himself, like that one time he was embarrassed Renee, a girl, pulled him out of the mess hall and he felt like he lost respect in front of the guys in Seifer's gang. Butters squinted his eyes but did not bleat.

It seemed that the idea of receiving care instead of giving it was foreign to him and uncomfortable, like if he let someone take care of him it meant he was weak and would feel ashamed. Like he was supposed to be independent and the one who gave care instead. Every time Butters saw this it made him mad, because how he treated himself was how his parents treated him when a long time ago he used to ask for little things like that, but he always had to put the needs of his family first before his own until he felt that it was useless to ask anymore since those little things will never be met anyway, and somehow he was made to believe that was how things should be.

"So you've been thinking about our future?" he looked touched about that. "Echo, I'll help you with your herbalist shop and gardens too, count on it!!" he said determinedly and kissed her once again.

Katsuya Katsuya

-Timeless Care-
-Echo Muses-

Echo giggled again when Johnny said he changed his mind, shaking her head in a bit of disbelief. Her face turning pink now with her cheeks still red. "As much as I would love to Woo hoo everyday, I still want to make it special, Love." She kissed back, just as sweetly. "Since it'll be our first time together...Woo hoo-ing" It's such a silly word!

When she listened to Johnny's tone and the way he said that sentence, it almost crushed her hope but then Butters was blending in the background...So...maybe?

A bit determined now, Echo tried again. She gently cupped his cheeks and rubbed her nose on his. "You're right; I don't have to, but I want to." She kissed him this time, noticing how he looks embarrassed when she suggested to caring for him. "...I really want to. Okay, I know you can do all of that by yourself, but I want to be there for you. Want, Love. Not need. Want."

"Just like how I want you to ask more of me. Not just with hugs and kisses, Love. I want to support you, be the person you can lean on whenever you want to, not just when you need to."

When he mentioned about their future, Echo nodded. "Yes, actually...I...um.." She squirmed a bit while rubbing her leg with her hooves. "While I do need a garden, I was thinking of working in mixology instead of a herbalist shop. To help provide for the theater and give drinks to the people who'll come over and see your show..." The fawn smiled shyly.

"And I wanted you to tastes some of the mixes I made up to sell depending on the show you'll perform...Like a Salty sweet drink for a sea story or green tea with spices for any of the Oriental stories you heard from the Kabuki troupe..."

Zer0 Zer0

Timeless Care
- Leh Johnny -

"Hng," complained Johnny looking disappointed. "Alright . . ." he said moodily. He sighed and just hugged her, thinking that perhaps it's best they wait, even though he felt like later won't feel the same as today when he felt so happy she gave him this blanket. Echo rarely gave him anything, so today was very special.

He seemed confused when she started to explain. "But why would I want to lean on you if I don't need to?" he asked, not getting the point. " So, just, go to you or let you do things even though I can do them? . . . "

His pride on being independent seemed to be at risk here. As though if he wasn't independent there was danger of something bad happening so he has to be strong so that whatever that bad thing is will not occur.

"I'd love to taste your drinks, love, but Mixology? Isn't it your dream to have an herbalist shop and help other herbalists?" said Johnny, surprised. " I don't want you to throw away your dreams for mine, that'd be horrible. And we haven't had the talk about the flying theater yet, I still don't know if you'd like that, or if you'd prefer to be on the ground in Dawnsfield with your family."

Katsuya Katsuya

-Timeless Care-
-Echo Muses-

Echo hugged him tightly, nuzzling him again.

"Oh no worries on that. I'm still gonna help with the other herbalists, just with making recipes that they can suggest to their patients. Renee was really excited when I threw the idea at her and we plan on making a book for it, along with her cooking recipes. For now it's just ideas of what to do, but we're starting on it." She said happily, excited to do something instead of waiting around in a herb shop.

"Johnny, I love the idea of being in a flying theater with you and I'm sure my family will be okay. Even if they didn't approve, I would still go with you because it's part of my dream now." She reassured him, kissing his cheek.

Then she looked at him as if she's trying to figure out an important puzzle without activating a trigger. "Yes, unless...you don't trust me or believe I can take care for you like how you care for me?" Echo got nervous now. "Did I do something to make you believe that? I-I'm sorry..." Her ears folded back again.

Zer0 Zer0

Timeless Care
- Leh Johnny -

" I believe you can take care of me, after all it's easy making drinks and preparing hot baths." said Johnny. "And no, you didn't do anything like that. I just . . . don't . . . want you to take care of me, unless I'm sick or injured." he said uncomfortably. "I mean, you're already stronger than me, and you don't need me for anything --- not, not that it's a bad thing because it's okay to be independent! --- I just . . . if you start feeding me too and keeping me warm then my pride's going to go down. I'm like the guy whose girlfriend is stronger than him, and has to be taken care of by her. It's embarrassing, I wouldn't have anything to proud of . . . That's also why I didn't like it before when you carried me."

Johnny was a paradox. He says he doesn't want to be taken care of yet he silently communicates that he wants it. Perhaps he wasn't aware that he was in denial of his true needs.

Katsuya Katsuya

James' Haircut
- James Pendragon -

James scratched his chin with the end of his wand. "He'll probably accept you immediately, Lydia, and add another bathroom to the house. I know mom will be happy, she worried about you a lot after you left on that errand last winter." he chuckled. "And the twins didn't admit it, but they missed you and went about setting off bombs in the house saying it was boring not having 'a challenge'."

He swiftly kissed her fingers before she could notice there was dirt that somehow got on them, sticking his tongue at her smugly as if saying, he won. James always persisted whenever she fled from him, asking her out loud why she'd care if she was sweaty and dirty when it was his lips that wants to do the kissing, and would chase her with puckered fish lips and hug her tight pining her arms to the side so that she can't get away from him and shower her sweaty face with kisses.

"Mmm, tastes salty, like french-fries." he smirked victoriously at her one time. "Lydia, you are no longer the girlfriend, now you are the girlfries."

Last edited:
-Timeless Care-
-Echo Muses-

Those pauses he makes...Maybe instead of explaining it to him...

"Johnny, let me show you." Echo started off. "Let me care for you the way I want to and you can see what happens when I do. Not with me, but with you. Here emotionally." She placed a hand on his chest where his heart is. "Please, there's nothing to lose here, not even your pride. Not with me doing things for you. When you feel like you finally notice a difference from usual, tell me. Let me know..."

Maybe by showing him of what happens, Johnny can get what she's trying to say: Pride has nothing to do with caring for your love ones. That it's unconditional with her just like how he is with Butters and the other summons and vice versa.

"If you want to continue on looking out for me, you can, but you can't stop me from doing same to you in the meanwhile..." Echo was gazing at him with a plea to just let her. Her green eyes not looking away from his as she is very eager to share her affections in other ways.

Zer0 Zer0

Timeless Care
- Leh Johnny -

The look Johnny gave her was probably the most honest vulnerable gaze he gave her. It was definitely a first. Like he was risking putting himself out there. There was more to him than being Jolly Johnny, like for the first time Echo was seeing through a mask at someone who needed something but all his life thought it wasn't okay to ask for what he wanted beyond mere survival and that in itself was normal to the point that he didn't allow himself to ask what he needed out loud either and called it weakness.

" . . . Okay . . . " he whispered curling a little defensively, and looked up at Echo hopefully at the same time uncertainly.

Katsuya Katsuya

-Timeless Care-
-Echo Muses-

Her eyes softened up as she smiled sweetly, Echo leaned in to kiss his forehead, encouraged.

"Good, let me make a bath for you then." She looked at the large ram who's somewhat blended in the background. It's kind of funny how he was doing that but she can still see that he's there. "Butters, would you like a drink?" She asked as she nuzzled his wet licked hair with her cheek. "Ask Meatballs if he wants one too for me?"

So after giving him a long and tight hug, Echo used her earth spells to create a semi large bowl somewhere away and hidden from everyone in camp, asking Serena for help with pouring water. Then she heated it up until it started to steams, the earthy smell of minty herbs is evident to help relax and sooth muscle cramps. After lightly pushing Johnny towards the heating bath, Echo went back to camp to make a light spicy drink to warm up his tummy too and grabbed a small towel so she can dry his hair after he puts on some clothes. The clean clothes she left on a branch nearby with a bigger towel hanging onto it. Then she grabbed something to eat for him if he was ever hungry, leaving kisses on his cheeks and lips as he chews.

The drinks she made for Butters and Meatballs were different too, ones suited for their tastes with food placed next to their drinks.

Then when it was night, Echo kissed his cheek, and bidding him goodnight. She repeated the same thing ever since: bringing him food and something to drink after he finished training or playing with Butters and Meatballs. Sometimes she would feed him with a wide grin, satisfied as he ate off her spoon or chopsticks. Whenever he felt a muscle cramp, she make a heated bath for him and let him soak while brushing his hair and re-doing his tassel. Then she gives long messages to get him to be sleepy, singing quiet and soft.

She left little notes in the afternoons saying random facts about plants like 'Did you know that aspirin was first made with the bark of willow trees?' and 'Bananas have a natural chemical to make people happy.' with a bowl of the fruits and berries next to them. There were weird ones too: 'Apples are made 25% of air. It's why they can float on water.' '85% of plant life is found in the ocean.' 'There's a large flower that's called a Rafflisia. It's nicknamed 'Corpse flower' because it smells like something has died and rotted for months.' When he comes back to his tent, she would be there with a warm smile and kiss him goodnight before skipping away.

It's like every little action she does, she wants him to know it's okay to want something from her. Even ask her for it and she will gladly do it with all the love she has for him. A gentle touch, a warm look with a sweet smile always accompanied with each one.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
-James' Haircut-
Lydia blinked in surprise to James' response, her face slowly glowing red before she shook her head slightly, "bu-but.... another bathroom?! Isn't that..." she giggled nervously as she thought about what the addition of a bathroom would represent for them as a couple, "th-that would mean....?" she wasn't really sure what to think and covered her face, peeking between her fingers at James curiously, though she wouldn't say what she was thinking, even if he asked and instead just giggle coquettishly at the prospect of things that might be.

Their little games of chase had become one of her favorite past times, it got to where she didn't actually care about him kissing her when she was dirty or sweaty, she didn't even actually want to get away from him, she enjoyed him catching her. Whenever he did she would squeal and giggle, squirming in his grasp like she was still trying to escape. Her answer to his questions about why she cared when his lips wanted to do the kissing was that she only ever wanted to be sweet and clean for him because she thought she would taste better that way before she would relentlessly begin tickling him.

Of all the silly nicknames! Lydia laughed in embarrassment to the idea of being called 'girlfries,' and informed James that if he persisted on that route, she'd be forced to start calling him 'the boyburger,' since burgers go with fries.

Zer0 Zer0

James Haircut
- James Pendragon -

James laughed heartily. "Boyburger!" The thought of Lydia calling out for him affectionately from a sea of people with that name embarrassed him, but it was so funny and nice, something that was uniquely theirs. "Alright, I'm boyburger, Lydia, but can I be the cream cheese bacon mushroom burger? I love that burger." he laughed again. "We're not going to be a happy couple, we're going to be a happy meal."

Timeless Care
- Leh Johnny -

"This is odd . . . " said Johnny to Butters as they soaked together in the giant earth bowl bath with a Meatballs that was happily lapping up the steamy water and its minty herbs.

'Baa!' Butters happily splashed around, fluffy wool now a straight heavy curtain over his horns.

"Feels like that one time Mr. and Mrs. Benette took us to Bapaloo Hotel with them . . . Feels nice . . ." said Johnny, smiling.

When Echo dried his hair he did not complain, just sat there looking unused to this. This was the first time someone dried his hair in years, and for some reason that made him teary. First time too that someone close to him brought him food and waited on him as he ate, kissing him. Taking care of his summons too, he always did that or James did if Johnny was busy, but not prepare them food as if they were family instead of pets.

Food and drink after training was nice too and Johnny was awkward, but pleased receiving it, though every now and then his embarrassment would come up and he'd ask Echo why she was doing this when he hadn't done anything special for her recently.

Nobody has brushed his hair either, nor touched his tassel like that before. Kind of reminded him of what Mrs. Benette used to do. That old couple, were the ones who took Johnny in after he ran away, taught him the common tongue in their English accent, taught him manners and how to read and write in exchange for housework and cooking for them, encouraging him to learn magic.

And the notes were amazing! Johnny would show Butters then tell random people all those tidbits of knowledge. "Bananas can make people happy!"; "I did not know air can be inside a fruit!"; "Oh! I've seen a Rafflessia before, Echo, true, they smell really bad."

He became happier and slowly he stopped doing those little things for Echo, as though he felt like he didn't need to, and the things he did for her changed. Instead of writing notes, he'd go up and tell her about things about his day or something new he learned from talking to the soldiers. He started to ask her what she wanted to eat or drink instead of just blindly getting something assuming she'd like that, and he stopped giving flowers. Instead he started to show her more of the plays and theatrical moves he practices with his summons and asked if she'd like to be part of it.

He started to ask her to sing for him too, like a lot. Like before he slept, if she could sing for him Daughter of the Moon.

Katsuya Katsuya

-James' Haircut-

James' assent to being called 'boyburger,' came as a bit of a surprise to Lydia because she had only been joking when she threatened to call him that if he insisted on calling her 'girlfries,' her green eyes looking at him in mild shock, but the look was just brief in appearance and soon gave way to a warm and happy smile before she teased, "you know it has been a while since I had a really good sandwich and burgers are kind of like sandwiches..." the warm smile on her features turned to a mischievous one, "you should be careful if you don't want to get gobbled up!" she giggled as she tickled his sides.

Zer0 Zer0

-Timeless Care-
-Echo Muses-

"Because I love you, silly." Echo reminded him looking at him like he is the most precious being on the realm.

She loved it. She absolutely loved seeing this softer side of Johnny's and that she can be an active part of his life too. She loves that he looks happier too, slowly changing his way of caring for her. Echo listened to him ramble on about his day and what he learned from the soldiers, smiling warm and excited for him. She would tell him what she would like to drink and eat when ever he asked. Though when he asked her to sing before bed, Echo would sing for him, quiet and soft until she saw his eyes closed and snoring.

And his plays and theatrical moves with his summons...Oh how she is amazed and awed, cheering for him and his summons whenever they successfully landed their moves. Until he asked her if she would like to be part of it, which got her to be really flustered.

"I-I...Are you sure? I mean-! How would I? Wh-What would I do?" Echo asked, looking excited at the idea but scared that she might mess it up for him if she did a mistake.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
James Haircut
- James Pendragon -

James jerked to the side, laughing until he was red and wheezing from her tickles. "I don't --- haha --- mind if you gobble me up." he winked at her from where he lay all curled up and his arms clamped tight to his sides in tickle defense. "Eat me, Lydia." and he turned to her, his body so relaxed, closing his eyes and revealing his neck, and wrist, all vulnerable to her as he smiled pleasantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back