• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ⊞Mistwalker Logs (Retro Futuristic Lovecraftian Fantasy Investigation RP: Re-Interest Check)

Cresion Breezes

Beta Tester of Life

SfChz4L.png

25 years ago, the mysterious and eldritch fog that has enveloped human civilization since the dawn of time — The Mistzone, suddenly expanded. It swallowed up the borders of The Clearing, the only solace and retreat of humanity known to this unrelenting world.

Filled with horrific creatures of Antiquity and having the ability to mutate humans physically and psychologically, the Mist was the greatest monster humanity has ever known, its expansion becoming humanity's greatest disaster.

But...We're not just going to sit around and wait.
gPTOKeL.png

There are some left in this world who are brave...or insane enough. Brave and insane enough to stride through the Mist.

Welcome to the Agency for Investigation of Mistzone Catastrophes, Mistwalker.

May
Breath the true in sky watch thy over Apotheosis you. this is a blessing a blessing a blessing for we shall become Gods and beyond beyond beyond beyond Gods beyond it all for we are Gods that are blessed blessed blessed blessed by this all cherish it cherish it love it love it this is our apotheosis our ascension

Hey everyone, I'm Cres and this is my little RP thing

The RP has been going on for a little while but it did that thing that 90% of group RPs do, which is lose like half of its people to ghosting/inactivity/withdrawals. Nothing super major has happened yet, the group is currently wrapping up their first "icebreaker mission" so it's a good time to add some new people.

Mistwalker Logs is a "retro futuristic" style RP that incorporates the elements of dieselpunk, atompunk, cassette futurism, steampunk, and some other 20th century-ish sci-fantasy aesthetics, and of course, anime.

The main plot of the world revolves around "The Mist", a fog that covers most of the known world with eldritch things inside of it, and if you go too deep you can potentially become a monster/go insane too. It's kind of like a mixture of Attack on Titan and Made in Abyss.

25 years ago in universe, the Mist suddenly expanded, which urged humanity to make an organization known as the AIMC (Agency for Investigation of Mistzone Catastrophes). In this organization, there is a special type of team known as a Mistwalker Squad, which are people that dives into the Mist to recover resources and investigate what the Mist is, what caused the expansion, how would humanity survive, etc etc. Players will be a part of one such team and adventures and hijinks ensue.

Other RP logistical elements:
- This will be a GM guided RP with a plot, but there'll be some more free sandbox periods if people desire them.
- Minimum posting requirements are: 1 post per week, 2+ paragraphs (or just have enough substance to contribute to the scene) minimum, if you want to do more then that is perfectly fine. Or if you want to interact with another specific character(s) in a collab that's fine too.
- You can have up to 2 characters, please make the first character first before considering your second one too much though.
- Combat will be an element, but "eldritch horror" will also be a major element, and some political tension stuff too, both mental and physical prowess will be equally important in this story. So your character will probably get a chance to shine (or hard countered) no matter what they specialize in.
- This is an anime style/inspired RP.
- RPN rules apply, don't be too OP or metagame too hard and stuff, you know, the usual.
- Discord OOC

Check out the lore thread if you're interested:
You don't have to read all of it, just the factions and the key word stuff should give you a decent idea of the setting.

Here's the CS thread if you would like a reference of what style of characters there are (all CSs in the thread are considered okay and accepted even if the player isn't active anymore):

Our discord OOC:

Last edited:
I'd like to join, but I'm not familiar with all the settings listed here. Is that ok?

Yeah sure, they're just inspirations and are as vague as the "fantasy" tags we use on RPN. You'll be able to understand the specific setting as long as you read the lore. If you're curious about the aesthetics and general style of any of the more niche genres a quick google image search should be suffice to give you the gist of it, you won't need to know much beyond that.

Yoooo I just read a bit of the lore and it seems super cool! I haven't finished though, might later.

BTW are there any written records on what have been found within the mist? I'm assuming it's a bunch of mutant animals like in annihilation.
And are there any people living in there who aren't recognisably human anymore?

HI WOW. okay I probably should've dropped my interest message in here before going off and reading everything in the lore but wow this setting is incredibly detailed. I love it.

like theoscout I have a few questions, those being:
> Do we have to submit our CS in a PM to you before posting it in the Character Sheet thread?
> From my browsing I'm assuming there's no age limit, but is there a general age range for people who work as Mistwalkers?
> Have there ever been cases of people fusing with Antiquities/becoming Antiquities themselves? If yes, what would be the protocol for dealing with such situations?
> What sort of forms can Antiquities take? For example, could there hypothetically be an Antiquity that's capable of mimicking humanoid forms, however loosely?
> When drawing characters, is sticking with the general 'anime' artstyle required or simply recommended?
> The art is really cool. I'm sorry it just is. I've never seen this much custom artwork for an RP and the style is impeccable. This isn't a question I just wanted room to gush.

Yoooo I just read a bit of the lore and it seems super cool! I haven't finished though, might later.

BTW are there any written records on what have been found within the mist? I'm assuming it's a bunch of mutant animals like in annihilation.
And are there any people living in there who aren't recognisably human anymore?

A part of human civilization was swallowed by the mist 25 years ago, so there's the stuff/people that were left there from back then, in former human territory.

Before that though, no not really, because humans didn't have the technology or incentive to explore the mist that much back then, the deep mist is infamously deadly and people don't come back from it.

And there are actually people living in normal society who don't look very human anymore, it's not in the official lore threads but there is an easter egg random art of one of them in the discord.

HI WOW. okay I probably should've dropped my interest message in here before going off and reading everything in the lore but wow this setting is incredibly detailed. I love it.

like theoscout I have a few questions, those being:
> Do we have to submit our CS in a PM to you before posting it in the Character Sheet thread?
> From my browsing I'm assuming there's no age limit, but is there a general age range for people who work as Mistwalkers?
> Have there ever been cases of people fusing with Antiquities/becoming Antiquities themselves? If yes, what would be the protocol for dealing with such situations?
> What sort of forms can Antiquities take? For example, could there hypothetically be an Antiquity that's capable of mimicking humanoid forms, however loosely?
> When drawing characters, is sticking with the general 'anime' artstyle required or simply recommended?
> The art is really cool. I'm sorry it just is. I've never seen this much custom artwork for an RP and the style is impeccable. This isn't a question I just wanted room to gush.

> You can post it directly, I suggest joining the discord first though since I usually point out any major issues with the CS in DMs. You allowed to join before making a CS if you're interested.
> No exact age limit, but there's a base competence level you need to hit that makes it hard to realistically get in if you're like...12 years old. I think I said 16-ish is probably the minimum without it going into "11 year old's first wattpad character" unrealistic territory, and you'll probably need some sort of special backstory to justify a character being under 18. We do have a 16 year old character (player went inactive) though, feel free to check that CS out. There's not really an upper bound either but also like, if you're 80 and have bad knees maybe consider another career?
> That goes under one of the "assimilation mutations" under the types of corrosion, depending on what the Antiquity is. ie. if it's a creature you follow the organic assimilation protocols.
> Antiquity is a catch-all term for basically EVERYTHING WEIRD IN THE MIST, it can range from creatures to environmental objects to phenomena. For the hypothetical, that would likely be a hallucination of some sort, or that it was related to humans/actually just a mutated human to begin with. But what Antiquities can be will change and develop as the plot develops, both in universe and OOC as the characters learn more about the world and I iron out more of the details of the plot
> If you mean face claims/character art, I heavily recommend at least an anime-ish style. Semi-realism to an extent is fine like the style of yuumei, but no real photos or "realistic" fantasy art such as DnD book illustrations.
> Thanks for the compliment.

thanks for answering! I was hesitant to join the Discord since I didn't know your policy abt joining without being accepted, but I'm glad to know I can at least peruse the group a lil before whipping up a whole character 😌 unfortunately, it appears the invite link to the Discord is expired

thanks for answering! I was hesitant to join the Discord since I didn't know your policy abt joining without being accepted, but I'm glad to know I can at least peruse the group a lil before whipping up a whole character 😌 unfortunately, it appears the invite link to the Discord is expired
Ah, okay, should be fixed now

it is not letting me in and I dont know why 💀 if it helps, the invite says it's 'invalid?'I don't know if there's an option you need to change to allow strangers in but

it is not letting me in and I dont know why 💀 if it helps, the invite says it's 'invalid?'I don't know if there's an option you need to change to allow strangers in but
Strange, let's try with a new new one?

Last edited:
Im open but I do not have discord dunno if thats required or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back