• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MISS Potts

2hs9qu9.jpg
The two makeshift couples walked into the building and almost immediately did Chris let out a whistle. To say he was impressed was an understand, clearly. Before they could really look around too much, a woman's voice caught their attention and all eyes went to the woman talking to them. If Mei didn't know any better, she could have sworn she saw Chris' jaw drop to the ground and his eyes pop out of his head like in those cartoons. The woman was beyond gorgeous and as quickly as she had come, she was off to greet other people it seemed. The whole time Chris was following her with his eyes and Aoife could help but to snicker. "Ya should wipe da drool of ya lips, Chris. It ain't becomin' o' a gentleman ya know." The moment the redhead's voice spoke out teasingly, Chris immediately went to wipe at his lips but his attention stayed glued to where the woman had gone. At least until they were told to actually mingle a bit.

Everyone had grabbed a glass of champagne with some thanks to the server, although Mei was a little hesitant to drink it. She was worried it might have some kind of effect with the medication she took. Although...a glance towards Sydney made a pang grow in her heart since they still weren't better. So she decided to just go for it and started sipping at the drink. "Yeah, uh. I'll catch up with you guys later. I'm gonna go mingle over there." He didn't bother really pointing in the direction but it was obvious he was going to try to find that woman. Aoife rolled her eyes with a grin, thinking all men cared about was looks sometimes. They really just didn't get women at all.

"Well, I guess it's just us then." Mei commented as she looked from where Chris disappeared to before going back to the women with her.

"Maybe it be best if we split up for a bit and den meet back up ta talk 'bout what we found out?" Not that Aoife had any real idea what they were looking for but mingling had to be easier if it wasn't a group trying to mingle.

"That might work. We might be less intimidating that way too." As Mei spoke, she stared at the glass in her hand as she hadn't even realized that the few sips she took were actually more than just sips. The champagne was already gone and her glass was empty. Honestly, she felt a little disappointed as she hadn't realized she drank that quickly. She'd have to get another while she mingled of course; mingling was the priority right now, pretty much anything to keep her mind off of how she was feeling and what was happening. "Maybe we should meet back here in fifteen? Check in with each other every now and then to see if we found out anything interesting." Even as she suggested it, she noticed a server walking by so she swapped out the empty glass for a full one. One that she'd have to make sure to drink slower hopefully.

C3406057-1485285736882993large.jpg

A small pout formed when Chris ditched her, clearly to chase after that mysterious woman. Not that she felt anything romantically for her friend, but she couldn’t push the thought away of what everyone else thought. Must have looked slightly scandalous, but she shrugged it away and took another sip, paying attention to the other women. The best bet was to split up and she agreed with a small nod. Mei swapping out her drinks for another already caught her attention before she could add her own two senses in. Guilt tugged at her, coming to the conclusion that her heavy drinking might be due to the fight they had right before coming here. There was no way she was going to watch this train wreck happen.

“Right. Meet back in front of the gold lion then?” she suggested as the six foot tall lion was pointed out on the side of the room. Once the meet up location was agreed upon Sydney booked it out of there, not wanting to anything to bubble over between her and Mei.

Fact was she had no idea where to start and was staring at the pool of people when a voice came from behind. The woman Chris was on the hunt for was who the voice belong to. A puzzled expression came over Sydney as she checked the surroundings to make sure it wasn’t someone else being addressed.

“Sorry, are you talking to me?”

“Why of course dearie. There is no one else around.” The champagne in Sydney’s hands was inspected, it nearly gone. “If you’re going in there, you’ll want another drink.” Right on cue, a waiter arrived, but this time he was serving glasses of wine. The stranger gave her no choice and swapped the drink out of Sydney’s hand and gave her new one. “Little stronger, give you some liquid courage.” she said, with a small little wink.

“Thanks.” The drinks clinked together before they took the first sip together. The taste was far sweeter and it was far better than the drink she had earlier.

“That hair style is adorable on you. So bold, wish I could pull it off.”

Thank y-you.” An alarmed look came over Sydney as the other woman started feeling her hair without permission. There was no line this woman was afraid to cross, apparently. “I’m Sydney Wagner.” A hand was held out before the sentence was finished, anything to get this woman’s hands out of her hair.

“Marley West, but of course you knew that since I’m one of the hosts, right?” The question felt like a challenge and that Sydney was in the hot seat, though the smile on her face never faltered.

“Of course I knew that. I am however new to this scene. Do you mind being a gracious host and helping me find my way through this den of wolves?” The other woman’s smile grew and shortly Sydney was whisked away on a small tour. All the people the important people, according to her host, were pointed out. Even had the chance to meet some, but it ended as quickly as it had begun. Marley excused herself to mingle with other guest, leaving Sydney with a group of young men. A cheeky wink was given in Sydney’s direction before she was left alone. Time was up thankfully and she excused herself to meet up with the other three women, but on her way back she spotted Marley across the room with an arm wrapped around Ethan’s neck and her whispering something into his ear.

“You two see that?” she said bitterly, glaring in Ethan’s direction. Mentally she thought she was prepared for to see him on the field, but in that very moment she was proven wrong and felt like screaming.

┏━-━-━┓
Aoife
┗━-----━┛
jqrz7q.jpg
The three women all went their separate ways, neither Mei nor Aoife really knowing exactly what they were trying to gather. Still, both women attempted to mingle but Mei seemed to be having more success. Maybe it was because she was loosening up and didn't care so much about going up to strangers to start random conversations. She was being a bit more bold really and was trying to talk to everyone that she could. Aoife was having a little less luck because when she attempted to talk to certain people, some ended up giving her a look. Maybe it was her accent or maybe they didn't like her choice of clothing. The people here were rather stuck up in their ways so it wasn't like much could be done. That didn't stop her from trying though.

Fifteen minutes couldn't come fast enough and by the time there was only a couple minutes left before they met up, Aoife was already waiting by the gold lion. It wasn't so much her feeling awkward around the people but it just wasn't her kind of crowd to mingle with; more so since she didn't know what she was trying to get. She noticed Mei heading her way but ended up being stopped by a sharply dressed man. It was clear as day he was the type to try to just woo any woman he came across. The Asian actually snapped at him, telling him he needed to learn respect if he wanted to get what he wanted along with a few choice words that Aoife didn't quite hear. Whatever it had been, the man's shocked expression showed he clearly never heard the word 'no' before. So when Mei was walking over to here -albeit a bit sloppily honestly- the man watched her walk away, dumbfounded.

"Ya be a'ight, Mei?" Aoife asked when the other woman was close enough.

"Mmm, never better my friend." It almost sounded like Mei was purring in a way and the giddy smile that grew on her lips certainly caused Aoife to question her words. There wasn't time to question it openly though since Sydney soon joined them and pointed out Ethan with the host of the party. The two looked rather cozy all things considered and Aoife couldn't help but glare in his direction.

"Fuckin' ass, 'e is. Wish dey woulda just cut 'im or sometin fer evertin' dat happened." Aoife grumbled slightly as her arms crossed over her chest. Shaking her head, she looked to Sydney and was about to say something else when Mei in her peripherals caught her attention. The woman was bending slightly to look at one of the plants nearby while sipping on a drink in her hand. It was definitely not the same style glass that she had when they first parted. "'ey Mei." She called out and only once the Asian looked her way did she continue. "Ya been drinkin' a lot, 'ave ya?"

"Dunno, it's like a fruit juice so I've had a few. Super yummy." A giggle left Mei's lips as she stood up and skipped over to the other women. "Whatcha whispering about, hm? I can keep secrets, sshhhh. Tell me, tell me." Mei leaned close to Aoife as if the redhead was going to actually say something and that just caused her to look Sydney's way with a confused look on her face. Was Mei...drunk? On just a couple of champagne drinks too, that just didn't seem normal. Or was the stress of everything that happened finally kicking in and making her lose it?

C3406057-1485285736882993large.jpg

No argument there. The fact that he was still around was enough to make her reconsider staying and full filling the rest of this so called interview. The fact that Sir was so upset by what happened and she had a group new people in her life that she’d have to leave behind made her stay. Sydney was about to add more insults to Aoife’s list when she heard her mention Mei’s name. The brunette tilted her head to the side, watching the other woman take a particular interest in the plant.

“Now is not the time be looking at greenery.” she mumbled under her breathe, irritated how unfocused the other was being in a time like this. There was more she wanted to add, but the instant Mei turned her attention away from the plant and on to them, it was clear there was something off.

“That’s wine, not a fruit juice.” Out of respect for her friend, she kept her voice low for only her and Aoife to hear, trying to keep the rest of the room in the dark about the state Mei was currently in. The drink was all too familiar as she was holding one also. “It is a bit stronger than the . . .” Sydney stopped in mid-sentence, shocked slightly by the other’s behavior. The room was scanned quickly for a restroom, after she exchanged confused looks with Aoife. “Think this is a conversation that would be best kept private. We should head to the rest rooms and continue this there.” Whether or not Mei would catch on to what was happening was a mystery, but she knew Aoife would catch her hint. Sydney led the way and to their luck the bathrooms were empty and she hoped they stayed that way until this was figured out.

┏━-━-━┓
Aoife
┗━-----━┛
jqrz7q.jpg
Aoife was certain that Mei wasn't paying attention to what Sydney was saying about the drink. She seemed far more interested in the 'secrets' that they were talking about than anything else. When neither girl answered, Mei seemed to lose interest pretty quickly and was about ready to go elsewhere. "Yea, I agree but..." Aoife trailed off when her gaze followed Sydney's to notice the bathrooms. She gave a nod of her head and took Mei's arm in her own. "Come on, Mei." The Asian wasn't really given a choice in the matter as she was sort of dragged towards them. Aoife half expected some kind of struggling but nothing came so it was a bit of a relief. "Mm, 'ang on a sec." Aoife said after she followed them into the empty bathroom before disappearing outside again. Mei started humming to herself as she swayed around the room, the drink still being sipped on. Only a few moments passed before Aoife came back in and closed the door behind her. "I put da 'cleanin' sign up so dat no one enters. 'opefully anyway." She shrugged since she wasn't entirely sure if that would work or not.

"I don't like it in here, it's smelly." Mei's complaint echoed slightly, her brows furrowed as she looked around before settling on the two girls with her. "Why we gotta be here?"

"Why don't ya tell us, hm? Why ya been drinkin' so much?" Aoife asked her back as she eyed her up and down. A shrug was what she got as a response while her gaze turned away from Sydney. "What's da mata wit ya?" Aoife tried again and took a step closer, only to earn a rather scary looking glare sent her way.

"It doesn't matter. Is not like either of you actually care, so just lemme alone." Mei snapped before downing the rest of the drink. The now empty glass was set in the sink and she turned her back to the other two women. "Just leave me alone." Aoife was a little wide-eyed by the complete turn of personality, so she looked to Sydney silently asking what they should do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back