A Lamia of Love
Quote: "What you think, you become."

Ñame: Misao Izumo

Magical Girl: Yes

Uses MagiTech: Not Currently, but planned

Appearance: 

Misao.png

Personality:

Outwardly noble, kind and generous, but inwardly a thrillseeker who wants nothing more than the next adrenaline rush. She'd give the clothes off her back to a needy stranger, because this is how she was raised to see the world, but she wouldn't think twice about cutting down the same stranger if they attacked her first. 

Books, especially those detailing the exploits of military generals and strategies. Will also read fantasy and fiction, but mainly only if the plot revolves around combat or conflict,

Sparring, training, combat, and meditation

Adventure, danger

Foods in a variety of flavors

dislikes: 

Smoking

Bland food/ rice by itself

Interruptions when meditating or talking

Small spaces

fears: 

Claustrophobia

Being inadequate

Background:

Misao began life in a monastery, destined to become a monk. A student of both mental and martial disciplines, and with apparently unwavering dedication to the tasks assigned to her. She seemed to have a selfless attitude toward those who needed when she had. The truth was, actually, that she merely hid her bad habits better than most. What she wanted more than anything was a chance to get out of what had become a prison to her, and experience a new life. That chance was given to her when she was selected as meeting the criteria for the creation of a new magical girl.

To everyone's surprise but her own, she accepted the offer without a second thought. She had trained her body and her mind endlessly for years on end, and now she was being told that it was not a pointless or fruitless task, but instead the key qualities necessary for fighting the forces of destruction that threatened the world. This is how she became paired with the magical entity now bound to her.

skills/talents:

Misao's training as a monk included armed combat practice, primarily swordsmanship, giving her a fairly competent grasp on sword wielding.

Having lived in a monastery she often had to do chores such as preparing and cooking meals, but she lacks the finer nuances of spices and seasonings to be called a skilled cook outside of the monastery.

other:

I plan to have her just a few days away from completing her government issued training, or just out of it, so that she understands magitech but has not yet been assigned her own set. This isn't to say she won't get one, I just want her to /start/ without one.

IF YOU ARE A MAGICAL GIRL

Magical Girl Name: Silver Echoe

Magical girl appearance:

Upon entering transformation several effects occur to Misao. First her hair grows longer and lighter, until it resembles a silvery fur. Second, her eyes become a golden yellow, and more animalistic in nature. Third, she sprouts a silvery tail with fur to match her hair.

Outfit Description:

Misao's transformation outfit is based around the kimono, a traditional garment, but tailored more suitably to fighting. With open hems that hug the bodies movements rather than hinder them, it flows just as elegantly in and out of combat as she does. It includes a matching fox mask that obscures her face from view, and ties symbolically to her powers and the magical spirit inhabiting her body.

Magical Outfit.jpg

Item to trigger the transformation:

The khakkhara, also known as the Shakujo, a staff of deep meaning to monks, it has become the central focus of Misao's abilities. Traditionally meant as a warning to smaller creatures that might wander the path of the monk, and to let others know that there is a monk who may be in need of alms.

shakujo_by_10shadow10-d7x327z.jpg

Magical Entity Personality:

Curious to the point of invasiveness, but fiercely loyal to Misao and her needs. The entity finds her previous dedication to buddhism admirable, but the entity itself is more free spirited, and drives Misao to do things that even she might otherwise not do. Her smoking habit is attributed to this and a good example, as she is known to dislike the taste and feel of smoking, while the entity finds it a calming and enjoyable practice. Though encouraging Misao to make friends, it can be fiercely protective of her at the same time, and the idea of someone who might betray Misao might drive the entity to drastic measures, even if Misao might otherwise disapprove. Misao felt the need to name the spirit, Kitsune as appropriate to the visual manifestation that her transformation takes.

Cria genres and abilities:

Occult-

The Khakkhara that Misao carries special properties when activated.

When worn on her back as it usually is, grants her 'clarity of self', enhanced understanding of her own body. This allows her to push herself to the peak of her physical limits for a time, achieving speed and strength that might appear at first as abnormal, but it in fact does not exceed the capabilities of a well trained human during an adrenaline rush because that is essentially what this ability does.

When planted into the ground, the Khakkhara serves a different function that Misao has coined 'clarity of life'. This ability laces an area around the staff with Misao's Cria, creating a web-like network of energy that alerts her to air disturbances and sounds within. This ability has a hard limit radius of ten meters from the point at which the staff is placed, and is a constant light drain on her Cria while active. 

Folklore-

Sutras, also known as ofuda, provide Misao with her second ability set. She carries few, and uses fewer, but these tags allow her to produce several powerful and generally beneficial effects. No Sutra works if the original paper it's written on is more than 10 meters from her, and there is a constant strain on her Cria for as long as she maintains a tag, the stronger the tag the harder it is to keep up. The Sutras are as follows

The Healing of Emptiness: Through this tag Misao purges the maladies of he or she upon whom the tag is placed. It specifically aids to extract poisons and venoms, and other foreign contaminants that should not be in the body, but not wounds themselves. The process is often painful for the recipient, but generally less so than death. Duration: As long as she remains touching the tag. Drain: High

See Through Appearances: By placing this tag on a target Misao can release a burst of energy that temporarily disperses illusions, both on and affecting the target. Duration: up to five minutes from placement. Drain: moderate

Free the Mind: A tag that, when actively powered, allows Misao to see through the tag itself as if she were there. This disrupts her normal vision, and potentially leaves her vulnerable. Duration: up to five minutes from placement. Drain: low

Paranormal-

Constituting the final power that Misao holds, this is also her most offensive oriented ability, her ties to folklore grant her the ability to tangibly affect spiritual energy. Misao makes use of a mantra which applies Cria to her hands or weapon as follows.

Banishing Mantra: Wreathing her sword in magical energy, Misao is able to strike out at things that are made of magical energy. It is far easier to use this as an attack than a defense, primarily because to deflect an attack would require an equal expenditure of energy as the energy that was put into the original attack. For this reason she would very quickly run out of Cria without ever making an effective attack against her opponent. Instead, this Cria laced blade is able to cut through enemy defenses, requiring slightly less Cria than that which creates the ward, barrier, or other defense. Apparitions are particularly vulnerable to this type of attack, because of its nature, but the amount of Cria required to execute the apparition is proportionate to its power and there are many enemies she simply won't be strong enough to cut through.

Task: (you will be given one once your CS is approved)

Form upon Death: Voodoo Doll resembling a nine-tailed fox

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t know why but your sheet leaves me so hyped ! :D xD  

However, there are a few problems...

Firstly, there´s a border that is required for a person to suspend their disbelief, which a 14 year old monk who master her mind and body at an early age to the amazement of her peers, while also mastering sword-wielding is pretty decent at cooking and singing, got picked as a magical girl... you can see where I´m going with this, right?

I don´t want to break a character you put such an effort into though, so I´ll just give you the more abstract version and that is, make her more down-to-earth. Not her personality, but I mean make her overall traits more moderate.

Speaking of personality, I want a bit more of clarification on the first sentence you put there.

Don´t make her bio make her look like a saint: magical girls were selected for their ideals, not for being perfect people nor will I accept perfect people at any stage. If you are adding a bio, I want it to be about her maturation, not about how aw-struck everyone was unless that is part of clear conflict.

magic entity missed part of the "folklore" personality: daydreaming

now, we get to the powers. Boy... these are cool, but hardly pratical.

So, for the occult ability

*please indicate the scale/extent of the effect for the first half

*remove the second one. The reason is that it´s an unstoppable effect. Unless you utterly destroy her, option your fellow RPs won´t have IC or OOC, her ability is basically unstoppable and being so, autokill (as if you can´t stop the usage of this ability, the ability WILL kill you, if only your character has that intention).

for the folklore:

*healing emptiness please clarify what "toxins" mean, cause you mentioned bullets, which having nothing to do with what was previously mentioned on the matter...

*give me average durations for all of the effects

for the paranormal:

*summoning mantra: Split the spirits into concrete power/effect categories. I don´t want any ability that can effectively counter practically everything.

@Idea The second ability in occult is a primary basis for the character, and looking it over now I do understand how I made it too powerful, but I was wondering how I could reign it in so that it could still be a part of the character. I agree to all the other changes, though, and am working on getting everything put together right now <3

I dropped summoning entirely for the moment, as it was mainly meant to be an optional plot device for you, not a tool for her, by the way.

Edit:

The current edit is up now, background clarified to make her less of an apparent 'golden child', powers updated for clarity, trimmed down special talents.

Occult has had the second ability dropped, but the first ability unchanged as I consider possibilities to make it more balanced and 'magical' feeling, which will take into consideration what you say about the second ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Idea The second ability in occult is a primary basis for the character, and looking it over now I do understand how I made it too powerful, but I was wondering how I could reign it in so that it could still be a part of the character. I agree to all the other changes, though, and am working on getting everything put together right now <3

I dropped summoning entirely for the moment, as it was mainly meant to be an optional plot device for you, not a tool for her, by the way.

Edit:

The current edit is up now, background clarified to make her less of an apparent 'golden child', powers updated for clarity, trimmed down special talents.

Occult has had the second ability dropped, but the first ability unchanged as I consider possibilities to make it more balanced and 'magical' feeling, which will take into consideration what you say about the second ability.

If you want to preserve that ability in any way the quickest way is to tackle the problem itself: the fact that while it can´t be stopped, it can cause a significant impact. That implies you either have to cut the impact or make it properly stoppable. However, as far as I can see, the way you want the ability would never allow it to be stoppable, which means cutting on the impact would be the logical choice.

My recommended version would be one where movement and sound are perceivable within the area, but only where there is air contact. In addition maybe enough "telekenisis" to move a few leaves but nothing more. This cuts out most of the air control and part of the effective range, allowing players and monsters to have a fair chance at combat, without having to resort to OP speed or power.

If you want to preserve that ability in any way the quickest way is to tackle the problem itself: the fact that while it can´t be stopped, it can cause a significant impact. That implies you either have to cut the impact or make it properly stoppable. However, as far as I can see, the way you want the ability would never allow it to be stoppable, which means cutting on the impact would be the logical choice.

My recommended version would be one where movement and sound are perceivable within the area, but only where there is air contact. In addition maybe enough "telekenisis" to move a few leaves but nothing more. This cuts out most of the air control and part of the effective range, allowing players and monsters to have a fair chance at combat, without having to resort to OP speed or power.

Redid the power, removed all traces of wind control from it, which honestly does bring it more in line with 'occult', and gave it a hard limit to range.

Honestly, without the telekinetic ability I was worried that it would actually make her far /too/ vulnerable because it requires her to place down the thing that triggers the activation of her powers in a way that makes it more difficult to defend, but I think I might manage. Overall I don't know your plans for the RP's overall power level and was just worried about making a character too weak to be useful.

Redid the power, removed all traces of wind control from it, which honestly does bring it more in line with 'occult', and gave it a hard limit to range.

Honestly, without the telekinetic ability I was worried that it would actually make her far /too/ vulnerable because it requires her to place down the thing that triggers the activation of her powers in a way that makes it more difficult to defend, but I think I might manage. Overall I don't know your plans for the RP's overall power level and was just worried about making a character too weak to be useful.

alright the power is good. The character is still a way from approved, but keep up the good work! :D  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back