• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Mint Eye

Pretzel Heart

Afterimage of Broad Daylight
RP between Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart and RANGYOKU RANGYOKU

• tumblr_oe57wraiQA1vsr1vao1_500.gif

Seoul, Korea.

It is the year 20XX. Paradise, a world of an everlasting party, "Magenta" is a reality. No crime, no uprise, all is taken care of, all live in the oblivion of their own pleasures and desires. The Eye watches over Seoul ever so closely, ever so constant in its duty to assure the eternity of happiness. But there are those who know better . . . Under a thick veil of bliss lies a harsh, bitter truth. Society is kept under a strict hierarchy, where "awareness" is a privilege to those in the system, Mint Eye. Those who know the truth, corrupt and pervert the truth, are to be "taught" the error of the ways, and if all fails, they are deemed fallen at the judgement of the Savior, while those who prove themselves faithful, the Disciples, learn of the truth and become its bearers and guardians for the future to come. Utopia is but an illusion to those who know better where every Believer is subjected to a shaping of their mind from the day they are born and become nothing but hypocritical and subserving acolytes for the rest of their lives. We are growing, evolving, an organization they deem a threat to their beliefs as we seek to let our voice be heard.

The stage is set, the words are on a screen in display, everyone is watching, including those who would turn a blind eye otherwise.

You have received a very special invitation by the RFA.

It is time for this party to come to and end. Let us make it one we will never forget!

latest

It was reputedly a beautiful day for a CD release. The weather, which had been steadily growing colder since the turn of the month, decided to take a morning break from tempest and rain, allowing the city to simmer in sunlight for a few thankful hours. Reports would later say that the lines of fans waiting to get their hands on the newest installment from South Korea's Angel of Music, the "Goddess Idol" Hiyori Li, were so long that they interrupted traffic in some areas. But thanks to clear skies and gentle warmth, the fans didn't seem to mind. This was all par for the course when it came to supporting their favorite star.

By 3:00 the crowds had finally begun to thin. The album was sold out in all but the largest or most remote locations. But many of the diehard fans were already at home, having finished listening to the songs hours before, and back to attending the business of the day. As if to close the curtain on a brilliant first act, the skies dimmed, the temperature dropped, and it started to rain.

It was under such gloomy conditions that Sujin Chae finally looked outside his window, giving something between a disgruntled sigh and a groan at the grim weather. He had just woken up.

Even the faintest sunlight filtering through the overcast clouds was enough to give him a headache, so he dropped the thick, black curtain almost as soon as he had lifted it, allowing gravity to settle it back into its somber place in the dark, still room.

Under different circumstances he would have been first amongst the fans who had lined up for the release. At least, that was what he was telling himself. In fact, he would have left early the day before, loitering at the music store a few stops away until they had allowed people to start lining up. But, things being as they were, he hadn't felt up to facing the stress of being trapped in a crowd surrounded by so many people...especially not when such a handy dandy thing as KPost existed.

Of course, at the cost of having his meticulously pre-ordered limited edition special Pink Love Disk delivered directly to his door, he was going to have to wait to listen to it.

A whole

day

It was simply impossible. Which meant...

Bleary blue-green eyes squinted across a thousand kilometers to the opposite side of the room where his computer desk sat. Inside him waged a war between the powers of laziness and fanatic fervor, in the midst of which he found himself regretting that he hadn't at least tried to bribe Minju into picking up a copy of the CD. Even if the last time she had firmly put her foot down, crowing about how she refused to wait all day with those "gross sweaty fanboys" ever again...at least dealing with her was easy when compared to dealing with strangers. Or having to wait to listen to the release. Or having to drag himself out of bed to use the internet.

Of course, there was always his phone.

It took Sujin a few minutes of shifting through the scattered piles of debris by his mattress to even locate where the damn thing was. But at least he didn't have to technically get up to do so. Even after the device was firmly in hand, he found himself unable to summon the energy to fully drag himself back onto the bed, choosing instead to remain hanging off its side at a precariously awkward (but surprisingly comfy) angle. He hadn't used the phone in so long that he honestly half forgot how to turn it on, and after fruitlessly mashing a few buttons was about to fling it back into the void when a resilient chime alerted him that it was booting. As he waited, impatiently drumming his thumbs against the screen, he tried to formulate a plan of attack. Thanks to South Korea's weird laws it wouldn't be as easy as going to iTunes. Ever since the takeover things had been tense with Apple and other American companies. For now they couldn't ignore one of their largest markets, but a politically-oriented idol like Li Hiyori surely wouldn't be popping up in their stores anytime soon. Well, he didn't need Apple, anyways. He was perfectly content with his Olleh Samsung. At least, he would be content if it could hurry up.

As the home screen finally came into view Sujin was thankful to see that the battery was near full, so at least he wouldn't have to worry about foraging for the charger. Otherwise the digital surface was blank, containing nearly nothing past the basic apps it had come preinstalled with, and not even a single notification to mark the long time it had been off. Except...that wasn't right. There was one, a faded grey box hanging menacingly at the top of the screen.

"Mystic Messenger needs to be updated. Start download now?"

Sujin studied the unexpected words with a raised brow. Well, it had been a while since he had turned on his phone. While he certainly didn't have any use for a messenger, it was probably just a routine update that he would have to accept anyways, so he flippantly agreed in a hurry to get back to his Noona.

Normally using the internet could be a process for someone like him, who needed to do breathing exercises just to scroll through a few comments some days. But today was different. He was a man on a mission. Though even after finally pulling up Google (having found, over the years, that he preferred its clean interface to Naver's clutter and ever-present threat of notes...not to mention the advantages of getting around South Korean blockers), he had some difficulty trying to figure out what to put in. As typical, the search engine kept trying to redirect him to Wikipedia. There were videos of the album's teaser trailers, a few English blogs, but nothing immediately promising. The hunt only wet his thirst, and he became more determined the deeper he got.

Then, several pages in, at last! A promising link.

Li Hiyori Propaganda Video New Song, Full Download Here Now

Just as his salivating fingers got ready to press it, however, he heard a ding signifying the end of a download. It surprised him since, in his fandom high, he had practically forgotten all about the update.
But what was more surprising was what came next.

Without warning his beloved Noona was stolen away, the screen of search results replaced by a cold page asking him to choose a username and display image. More than a little irritated, Sujin tried to close the app or whatever it was to no avail. Damn system updates. With another of his sigh-groans he gave into the phone's demands, clicking the input photo option to bring up his pitiful library. There was no way he was going to use his actual face...the thought of even looking into a mirror filled him with terror, let alone a selfy cam...but luckily he didn't have to worry about that. Despite owning the phone for several years, there were barely 20 pictures saved to it. As expected, almost all were of Hiyori Li. Seeing her refreshing image every time he turned on his phone might actually get him to use it....but there were so many to choose from, all options great. From her first album, back when she had shorter hair and the angelic smile that had first captured his heart, the Okinawa beach shoot promo that he had taken a punch to get prints for, the collab she did with Echo Girl...wait, what? He'd have to remember to delete that, wondering what sort of state he had been in to save it in the first place. But swiping away the cursed image revealed something. A picture he had actually taken on his own, last summer. He had awoken early that day, finding his curtains pulled wide to reveal the pleasant little garden afforded by their corner suite. Someone had placed a cheerfully painted bowl of freshly-washed cherries on the windowsill, signaling the start of the fruit's ripest season. It had been such a perfect, thoughtful scene - just like his father to set up - that Sujin had to capture it. The juicy glimmer of the dark red rind got him thinking.

Sujin Chae. Chaeli...

Finally settling on a photo from the only time he had seen Li Hiyori live, he moved onto the username input and typed:

C H E R R Y

using the English characters as it felt a little cooler. Hm. It was just for a stupid update he probably wasn't ever going to use again, but somehow, looking at the combination, Sujin felt an unusual tug of satisfaction.

He couldn't even remember the last time he had set up a profile.

But there was no time to dwell on past failings, for as soon as he had pressed the enter key a new screen appeared. A rather unusual one that looked to be scrolling through code, making him wonder if what he had always suspected was true, and Li-Noona's perfection had somehow broken his phone.

But his confusion was nothing compared to his panic when a message popped up on the screen.

It startled him so badly that he not only dropped the phone but managed to jolt himself off the bed entirely, landing painfully in a mess of scattered books, papers, and bowls filled with cherry pits and stems. Man, I really need to clean, he blearily thought as he pulled himself up (after several somewhat pathetic failures) to sit more safely on the bed's edge.

At least now he was wide awake, eyeing the floor where the phone lay face down as if it were some poisonous jumping animal. It kept pinging as if receiving alert after alert, and every ding caused him to flinch.

Come on, Sujin. Relax.

He tried to remember his breathing exercises.

It's probably just something like that Siri thing Apple has.

Nodding to himself, he worked up the courage to pick up the phone.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-16_at_2.53.23_PM.png

Well, it definitely wasn't Siri. What even was this app? Had he downloaded something sketchy by mistake? Which meant......
that was a real person typing! Oh god oh god oh god...what should he do?

Screen_Shot_2017-11-16_at_2.18.15_PM.png

The words sent a shiver down his spine, and yet...

I need help
Please?

<< Hello? I'm here, sorry. What can I do?​

The response was immediate.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-16_at_2.25.11_PM.png

Despite himself, Sujin couldn't resist a small tease. In fact, much to his bewilderment, he found himself slowly relaxing into the conversation as he read, almost like...muscle memory.

Mystic Messenger

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Haha

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
You're pretty funny.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
...but finally connected. Thank god.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
That appears to be the case.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
So what did you need? Also, who are you? I seem to have downloaded this by mistake... ;;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'm sure you're surprised.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
It's not every day you get a text from a stranger.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'm a bit flustered myself. I found a smartphone at the subway station, but all it had was this messenger app.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I want to find the owner, but I don't see any contact info or call records...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I've been sending messages with this app but no reply.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
All I see is an address and some important-looking numbers saved in notes.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'd like to go there myself but I'm currently abroad...

Type a message.......................................................................................................
|
| |
xSENDx
..........................................................................................

So whoever was typing was just a good samaritan? To be sure, the circumstances were odd, but, if he was being honest, it wasn't as if he couldn't sympathize with being a bit awkward and yet just wanting to do right. This stranger and him shared a common goal, and they needed his help. So he may as well give them a chance...

Mystic Messenger

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
I see... But first, do you mind telling me who you are? ;;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Me?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Oh, sorry. I forgot to introduce myself.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'm just...a student studying abroad. I'm Korean.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I could tell you my name but it doesn't really matter.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
You won't find me on search engines. ^^;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
But anyways..

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Can you help me find the owner of this phone?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I know you're surprised to have someone suddenly pop up and ask you a favor like this.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
But still...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'd appreciate it if you could help.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
I can do my best.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
But......

Type a message.......................................................................................................
|
| |
xSENDx
..........................................................................................

He was doing it...he was actually doing it. Holding a (somewhat) normal conversation with a complete stranger. Over the phone...

It was almost frightening how easily he had fallen into pace. At least, he didn't think he had said anything condemning. The stranger was still talking to him, after all. Everything was going well. And it was...nice.

Almost too nice.

Mystic Messenger

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
Are you sure it's alright to be so friendly with me...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Oh. Sorry. ^^;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Living abroad makes you lonely.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Anyways, you said you'd help?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'd really like to find the owner.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Then God will be happy.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Oh! Sorry I didn't mention it before. I'm religious.

|
| |
xSENDx

Religion...

He knew how important it was to some people, but he didn't really like to think about it. Especially not after everything that had happened...and the takeover......

Mystic Messenger

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
You mean Mint Eye, right?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
What?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I mean, yes.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Of course.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
The Savior wants us to help others.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Even if I'm abroad, I still want to respect her wishes.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
I see...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
The Savior says you must not miss any opportunity to do good, no matter how small.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Well, some think that it's just being nosy.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
But I'm not like normal people.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I can't help but think about how stressed the owner might be...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Never mind what I just said. I'm sorry if I weirded you out.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
No, it's fine.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
Actually, I feel the same way.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
You do?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I knew it. You're a good girl.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
So will you please help me out?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'll make it up to you once I'm back in Korea.

|
| |
xSENDx

The conversation progressed before Sujin had a chance to question the stranger's assumptions about his gender. He had taken too much after his mother in features, and, being on the smaller side, it was a mistake that had come up even when meeting people face to face. Tiresome, but at least it made more sense when chatting (oh god he was really chatting, wasn't he?) online. Perhaps the stranger lived under a rock and didn't recognize Li Hiyori from his avatar? The thought almost made him laugh. He would have to set them straight, when they met up. Wait...was he actually planning to meet this person!? Well, it was someone else who believed in the philosophy of Mint Eye, and, somehow, despite the oddness of it all, he was feeling...comfortable. It almost hurt, a dull, aching pain he had gotten so used to having that he had almost forgotten it was there at all.

A wistful feeling.

Mystic Messenger

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
Sure.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
I'd be happy to. ^ㅂ^

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
So what can I do?

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
Do you want me to get the police? Maybe you can mail the phone...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
What?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
No.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I need you to go to the address.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
It's a really safe place. If you feel unsafe, you can turn around.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I know the area. It's developed.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Please?

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
Wait...

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
You want me to go there?

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
I don't know...

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
I really want to help, but... ;;

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
It's a bit...weird?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Weird?...^^;;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'm not weird.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Haven't you ever heard of the saying 'you get a treat if you listen to older men'...?

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
What? No... ;;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Sorry. I was just kidding ^^;;;

|
| |
xSENDx

With just a few simple statements the mood had completely reversed. It wasn't his fault...right? The stranger was the one acting odd. It was perfectly sensible to be alarmed at such a request. Maybe whoever was typing somehow knew his weakness when it came to speaking with others, and how he didn't have any friends with whom to share messages normally, so they were just taking advantage... He had been shocked into going along at the stranger's pace...of course he would be vulnerable. So did that make this all some kind of sick joke? Or worse...it could even be dangerous! The stranger was making too many assumptions, the circumstances too convenient. Was this some new form of harassment? Would someone really target him, after all this time...?

Mystic Messenger

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Anyways...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I know I'm asking too much.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
You might think I'm odd.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
...I am a bit odd to be honest.

Unknown.jpg
xxUnknown
But would you consider it? I'm talking to you right now.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Two complete strangers at two completely different places...It's a miracle we've connected.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
No one responded to my messages. You're the first one.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I don't know how we got connected...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
But maybe this was meant to be?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Catfish.png

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
That is me in the photo.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Maybe this will make you less suspicious...?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'm returning to Korea soon, so I'll definitely make it up to you.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
If you feel unsafe near the place, you can just delete the app.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Please? I'm begging you.

|
| |
xSENDx

Sujin had merely bitten his lip, silently washed away on the tide of words. In his heart feelings of aversion and yearning once again warred. Even with the photo, he had every reason to be suspicious, and yet...

Maybe this was meant to be

xxxxxI'm begging you

Even...someone like him......

How could he turn his back on someone truly asking for help just because they were a little socially awkward? The type of person who would refuse such an earnest request...was disgusting.

Besides, even if something were to happen, it wasn't as if his was an existence that meant very much to begin with. He was ashamed to have even given it a moment's thought.

Had he truly learned nothing?

Mystic Messenger

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
...Okay.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
I can't deny such a request.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
You trust me...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Thank you!

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Just a sec. I'll send you the address

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Now how do you do that...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Found it.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
[Address] Clink Link

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
Okay. Give me an hour and I'll be there.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
An hour?

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Can't you go now?

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
It's not that close to me, sorry... ;;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
No, you're right

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'm sorry

Unknown.jpg
xxUnknown
Just excited to find the owner soon.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
No worries. I'll let you know when I'm there.

|
| |
xSENDx

The apartment was really only a few stops on the metro away, but Sujin wasn't prepared to go anywhere near others just yet. He hadn't left his room in god knows how long. His clothes were in a dirty pile, there were bowls of cherry pits and stems everywhere. He hadn't showered since...recent memory...and he felt honestly terrible going out in such a state. However...he could not ignore someone in need.

Trying to hurry, he cautiously broached the last defense protecting his stronghold: the door. He couldn't even remember the last time he had passed it, much less went outside.

"Minju? Dad?"

He called, half expecting them to freak out over Hell freezing over, horses eating each other, and Sujin the prodigal emerging from his room. But he was greeted by silence. It seemed as if no one was home.
Relaxing a body he hadn't even realized had been tensed, he took a quick shower, purposefully avoiding eye contact with the mirror until he had gotten out. Surprisingly, the sight didn't make him cringe as much as he had expected. Same girlish eyes, not helped by the fact he was in desparate need of a haircut. He also looked a bit...thinner, giving him an almost skeletal appearance with pale, sun-deprived skin and eye-bags he was suspicious were, contrarily enough, the result of sleeping too much. But now that he was clean and had benefitted greatly from a good hairbrush, he felt that he could be amongst others without embarassing himself.

Clothes were another matter.

There was no time to do laundry, and it felt like a waste to go through the effort of getting clean just to put on something that had been stinking up the floor since recent memory.

Expression scrunching into a frown, he made his way to Minju's bedroom. He didn't know what was more humiliating: having to wear his sister's clothes, or the fact they fit him at all. Trying to pick out the most conservative pants and shirt from her collection, he tried to ignore the guilt of going through her stuff as he remembered the weather and dug deeper into the closet. Did she really need so many sweaters...? There sure was a lot of other crap in there as well...magazines from backlogs years old, abandoned gifts from birthdays past, it seemed as if a makeup case of some kind had spilled all over the floor (not that he was in any position to gripe), and, was that a--- oh god. He'd better pretend he hadn't seen that.

At the very back he finally found what he had been looking for: A raincoat. But there was something in the way this one sagged on its hanger, as if to fit a body shape different from all the other swaying clothes. A familiar smell wafted from it like old perfume...musky, and yet somehow pleasing at the same time.

Mom...

He had no idea Minju had kept any of her old stuff.

Feeling guiltier than ever, he took the jacket and succumbed to a beige sweater for the crisp December air before returning to his room. Raiding his sister's in nothing but a bath towel felt weird enough, never mind changing in there. On his way out, however, he spotted a T-Money card on the desk. It was one of the special edition ones, a weird looking cat with a flower adorning it. Sujin remembered Minju mentioning something about her and her friends all getting matching T-Moneys with the Kakao characters. But if she had gone out, why had she left it?

Well, knowing his sister, she was probably fine. But it did remind Sujin that he needed cash. After finally getting dressed he grabbed the card, hoping it had credits left on it and Minju would understand, as well as dug around in his old Penguin Mart apron to find the remains of his paycheck. If he was going out anyways, might as well try and stop at a music store on his way back. Besides, there was an uncanny wrongness to leaving empty-handed. Also throwing his phone charger into his pocket - just in case the Messenger ate up battery life since he'd be screwed if it went dead - and he was finally ready to go.

Standing in the doorway, pulling the hood of his mother's raincoat over his eyes, Sujin took one last look at his house. He couldn't tell if it appeared so small and sad because he hadn't seen such a view, of his home from the outside, in so long. But why was he getting sentimental? He'd be back within the hour.

Thinking of time reminded him that he'd better hurry, and so he took off for the station.

~~~

It was kind of sad; he hadn't been on a train in so long that it almost felt nostalgic. In fact, he couldn't even remember the last time he had been further than the Penguin Mart on the corner...and even going there had become overwhelming after getting fired.

Still too early for rush hour, the train car was thankfully empty, meaning Sujin could enjoy the fact they started playing a new Mint Eye video one station in. The message on all Mint Eye videos was pretty much the same, but he was happy to recognize one of Li-Noona's new songs featuring at the end. He even hummed along before catching himself and going bright red, pulling his hood down even further less any of the other passengers had noticed.

As the stranger had proclaimed, the mysterious phone owner's address was in a normal enough area, surprisingly close to downtown. The directions brought him to a tall grey building that had little to distinguish it from the other complexes surrounding it, and he wondered why he had wasted so much energy worrying. Inside, however, was a bit more unusual, the foyer being hung with a plethora of framed professional-looking nature photographs, their sheer number pointing at something beyond idle decoration. Sujin's heart skipped a beat at the sight of a receptionist desk, but as no one was currently there, he decided to avoid all contact and press ahead.

All the way to the fourteenth floor...

Stepping off the elevator, he became aware of just how unsettling the empty foyer with its crowded photographs had felt as the sensation was multiplied tenfold. Of course most people don't hang around apartment hallways, but the complete and utter lack of any sound generated a silence that was almost oppressive...as if no one had lived there for years. With a strange sense of awe, Sujin wandered down the hall, taking his time to check the number on every door. The feeling of his heart beating a thousand miles per second combined with the eerie stillness of the place to make him feel almost feverish. He couldn't tell if the apartment numbers were going up or down, if he should turn back or go ahead. Perhaps this was all a mistake. Perhaps he should...

Sujin froze. Something had disturbed the silence.

Whirling around, he came back to face an empty hallway.

And yet...

Trying to get ahold of himself, he figured out that the correct unit was practically back at the start, right next to the elevator. But he still couldn't shake an uncanny feeling. Almost as if the silence itself was watching him. He turned one last time to look down the hall, but it was very clear. No one was there. However...

There was what appeared to be a little alcove on the other side of the elevator. Probably too small for a person to fit, but...if he just leaned back, he could take a peak inside... ... ...

Ping!

The contrasting boom from his pocket jerked Sujin's attention back to the task. He had forgotten all about silencing his phone, and it seemed as if he had another message.

Are you there yet?

The timing was uncanny.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-16_at_3.27.44_PM.png

In truth he was so shaken that he had completely missed the numbered lock, but there was no need for the stranger to know. He wanted to finish this as quickly as possible. Just getting this far had already taken a lot out of him.

Mystic Messenger

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
Kidding. It's here.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Haha, nice.

Unknown.jpg
xxUnknown
Got me again.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I'll send you the digits. Try it.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
[Password] Click Link

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
...Shouldn't I ring first? ;;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Hmm. You're right!

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Sorry I wasn't thinking straight.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Then ring the doorbell.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
No answer...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Hmm. No choice then.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
I guess the place is empty.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Why don't you press the code?

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
Okay, I guess... ;;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Good.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
It's open...

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Why don't you go inside?

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
...Is it really okay to just walk into a stranger's house...?

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
I know we want to find the owner, but... ;;

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
You can just leave a note. I'll give you my info.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
If something happens, you can show my messages. That'll do.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
...I guess. Surely they would understand, right?

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
Okay.

Cherry.jpg
CHERRYx​
I'm going in.

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
Th

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
ank

Unknown.jpg
xUnknown
you...

|
| |
xSENDx

For the second time that day, Sujin was startled into dropping his phone. At the stranger's ominous last words he had stepped through the apartment's doorway, causing the screen to, for some reason, completely wig out. His cheeks bright despite the fact the hall remained empty, basic instinct brought him to pick up the phone, dart into the building, and slam the door behind him before anyone could see the faux pas. It was only after he had sunk to the floor, waiting for his frantic heart to still, that the magnitude of his actions came rushing in. Wasn't this tantamount to breaking and entering!? What would he do if the owner suddenly came home and called the police? A supple young boy like him couldn't survive in prison! Much less the disappointed look his father would give...

But it didn't take long to realize he probably wouldn't have to worry about that.

The empty silence of the outside hall had leaked under the the door to pollute the rest of the sad apartment. Despite appearing well-furnished, with a full office and bed visible from where he sat, there was a depressing feeling layered over everything like dust. And plenty of actual dust, too.

All in all, it was honestly a bit creepy.

I'll just leave the note and get out of here...

But as he moved to stand his eyes caught on the phone still in his hand. His panic had drowned out the endless pinging, but now he could hear it full force, causing him to finally switch it to silent. His eyebrows closed in on one another as he tried to process so much change. From the lonely chatroom with the unknown number, he had been planted in a full house of rapid-fire chatterers.

And they seemed to be talking about him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back