• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Minecraft Roleplay [1x1]

JCKane

Blessed
Welcome to the world of Minecraft. People go about their days in various different ways from exploring to living in towns to Buying and selling. Things were like this for as long as anyone could remember and people just didn't think about it.

As for one JC, she found herself more accustomed to sticking with her usual routine. It was safe after all. Mobs didn't spawn in the town she was in. She had a small garden in the space she lived in where she would grow crops. A few she kept for herself to eat while she sold the rest to buy supplies. She wasn't really a builder as some of her other residents were. Building fancy houses and other contraptions on their plots. This required resources which meant that JC would have to find the materials herself, or buy them from the marketplace. But JC was content with staying safe. Sure you could respawn but just the sure terror of going blindly into the darkness only to find one of the various creatures roaming around. Plus she had no idea if it would hurt or not. The idea just sent her into a spiral of fear that she'd just rather not deal with.

Of course, there was still that small part of her. That would look out into the horizon and wonder, what was it like out there. She heard stories of adventures, rather in a few books she'd pick up for something to do or over hearing a conversation of crazy exploits. It got JC curious, a wanting that was inside of her, yet her fear kept her in place. Best stay safe.

Today was like any other. She had just finished harvesting her plants and setting the new seeds. After putting away her small portion she left the rest in her inventory as she made her way to the Market. This was easily accessed by pulling up her command bar from the menu and punching in /Warp Gemini Market. Once she was there she made her way to the usual vendor she went to sell her items at. This time however, she noticed that someone else was already there, so she waited for the individual to finish their transaction so that it would be her own turn.

Violet's past few days had been busy to say the least.

First it was stumbling upon a jungle temple and nearly getting turned into a pincushion by a pack of skeletons. Finding a couple of diamonds and an enchanting book, with sharpness ii and lure iii on it, along with various unnoteworthy mob loot and some metals inside the temple. She also mined up as much mossy cobble she could reasonably stuff into her inventory.

Then it was a fully armored up baby zombie chasing her through the jungle. She just barely managed to kill it before it could wound her severely. And after leaving the jungle, she set up shelter for the night with some random wood but couldn’t sleep for hours after she placed a bed. So instead of waiting out the night, like the average person would, Violet pulled out her sword and hunted down the groaning monsters. She led the few zombies that had closed in on her shelter away and killed them, but quickly ran into bigger problems. Her curse of binding leather chest plate, which she’d put on for a bet that paid her a couple diamonds, finally broke in the scuffle with a spider jockey. Then her diamond helm broke when a creeper blast knocked her against a hill. The blast led to her frantically eating her emergency golden apple as she made a mad dash for her shelter.

Two pieces of cobble were slammed down to seal up her shelter in adrenaline fueled panic. She flopped down onto her bed as fast as she could. Sleeping dreamlessly after laying there for ten or so minutes.

The next morning when Violet tore down her shelter. She looked out with a spyglass, that she made a couple Servers back, and noticed a large town. It was settled just past a plains biome and on the edge of both a dark oak and regular forest biome. She then put away the spyglass, ate her last bit of bread, and started heading toward the town.

The next morning when Violet tore down her shelter. She looked out with a spyglass, that she made a couple Servers back, but didn’t find anything across the plains biome but a dark oak biome next to a regular forest. With a sigh, she ate her last bit of bread. Then she opened her menu and typed the command to warp to the Server marketplace in.

Violet was going to sell the half stack of emeralds she’d mined from a massive cave in an extreme hills biome a while back along with the common mob loot she had on her for some cash. She needed more than her balance to replace the helm and its enchantments. Not to mention she also needed to restock on food, so a farmer vendor would also be good.

She stopped at the first vendor she saw to sell her items. Her menu chat box pinged with a notification of her new balance as the items exchanged hands. It was a little lower than she expected, but different markets bought items at different rates. Wasn’t much she could do but try and gain some donations and tips from playing some music. Food first though.

“Do you know where a vendor I could restock on food at is?” She asked the shopkeep, “preferably nothin’ wallet draining?”

Last edited:
The shop Keeper gave a half chuckle as he also sold that very thing however, he knew that he had more business selling his wears at another server so he was able to offer more for items there. He thought about it for a moment.

"You can try the Townie Market on the 2nd floor," He said, "Residence of the Server's Village set up shops there some offer decent enough prices I suppose but the quality will deviate."

JC was still in line behind Violet when she happened to hear that. She knew of a few people who sold cheap ingredients like Sugar and various meats. However, seeing their transaction was finished she happened to speak up.

"I uh... I can help you with that, miss," JC noted trying to be helpful.

Violet nodded in response to the shopkeep. She may not have to hold off on a few enchantments for her helm. Maybe she could go without Aqua Affinity and Respiration for a while and avoid searching for pirate ships? Unbreaking was a must have. Mending would be better but she didn’t have enough money for that, Protection iv, and the diamonds for the helm. She could go with iron and max enchantments, but if she was spending the money on the enchantments she might as well go with diamond.

While turning around to look for some signs to the second floor, Violet heard the offer of the next in line.

Her brows raised before she replied, “Oh thank you! You’ve got a good spot?”

She glanced at the other vendors, thankful she wouldn’t have to search each one, “i’ll admit, I haven't been on this server a while, and I’m not really familiar with the layout or where the good vendors are”

The redhead nodded to her. "Yeah," JC said. She paused for a moment wondering if she should offer any of her own goods she had to sell. She didn't really sell to anyone else but she was trying to be helpful. Granted, she also didn't want to be rude to the shop keeper there so for now she could just plan on returning once she showed this new girl around.

"Really it depends on what you're looking for but I can show you which shops you can find it at," JC said as she began to walk to the elevator, "We can go ahead and start heading to the 2nd floor."

Violet quickly followed the woman who had been behind her with a wave of thanks to the shopkeep. She briefly pulled up her inventory to check if her spare iron chest plate had enough durability to last. The bar was in the yellow, but that was fine, she could repair it.

“I need some diamonds and enchantment books, as well as food, my helmet broke just last night” she explained as they walked, “A few stacks of bread or a stack of a cooked meat would be best for food” A stack or two shouldn’t be too expensive, and it’ll last long enough for her to either loot some things or play at the Server hub.

The two walked to the back area of the current floor towards the elevator as JC listened. Diamonds? Enchanted books? JC hoped she'd be able to help with those. Sure she knew of some Shops that sold those but she rarely visited them. They arrived at the elevator which was a small room people would go in. There was a small area with a warp block, players could use to warp to the floor above or below. Since they were already on the 3rd floor they just needed to swap to the 2nd floor with a quick swipe down with their hands. On the second floor were various stalls set up with different people behind them. The stalls were simple enough with some wooden blocks to use as the counter and a Trap door to use as a way for them to reach their areas. A chest would be in their little area that was fenced in using wooden fencing with a sign above the placed on some single fence posting to act as the shop's billboard. On the signs were the names of the shops with a few marketing items on them as well. When they arrived she decided to take the food items first.

"Well, I tend to grow my own wheat so I make my own bread," JC admitted to him but then pointed to another shop, "I'll go with that shop over there," She continued, "Usually pretty decent in pricing." She then glanced around pointing to another shop, "Cooked meat is a little higher on this server but if you check there you could get some raw meat from that shop for a good price and cook it yourself. I can even offer you a place to cook it if you like." She didn't usually have visitors but right now she was trying to be friendly. Thankfully, you couldn't take damage in the Market or the Town she lives so not like she'd have to worry about her trying anything on her and all chests were Player locked in those areas as well.

They reached the elevator and the woman stepped onto the warp block first, waving her hand downward. With a step and a swipe of the hand, Violet followed after the other woman.

The stalls were pretty simplistic, but they did appear to get the job done. There were a few here and there that she could see with a little extra decor. But other than that? Simplistic and straight to the point, it was a nice change compared to the extravagant and often confusing setups of the previous Server.

She hummed positively as the woman pointed to two stalls.

Violet walked over to check out the non-meat foods at the first stall the woman pointed out. The stall listed a stack of bread higher than what Violet wanted to pay for just bread.

She then checked out the second stall, and while the prices were high for raw meat, it was cheaper than what she would have wanted to pay for any cooked meat.

“I’ll go with some pork chops,” Violet called turning towards the woman who had been helping her, “assuming you meant you got some smokers I can use?”

Last edited:
JC watched as the other woman worked on making her selections and talking with the two shop keepers. When she addressed her she gave a slight shake of her head.

"I have a few basic stoves," JC remarked hoping that was going to be good enough, "Would take a little longer but it'll get the job done still... Unless you're in a hurry?"

A smoker to JC was more a luxury item. She had contemplated getting one at some point but hadn't yet.

“As long as you’re fine with me using them for a while, its all good, '' Violet replied with a wave of her hand. She wasn’t in any sort of hurry. Quite honestly, she needed a day or two to pull herself together after her latest adventure and resupply. Her armor needed repairs and she wanted to play some music before traveling some more.

She thanked the vendor as they handed her the stack of raw pork and only spared the New Balance notification a glance.

“Now off to get some diamonds and books…” she groaned, already mourning her future empty wallet. Placing the meat in her inventory, she walked back over to the woman helping her.

“Thanks for all the help, i would have spent all day looking for good prices ” She joked with a tired grin once they were walking again.

"Its no problem," JC had replied to the woman when she brought up how long it would take to cook all the meat she was getting. Truth be told she didn't really have much else to do that day. She had planned to just sit at home and relax after she got all her food ready maybe read a book. Of course she was also not sure as she was growing, rather bored, probably one of the reasons she chose to help out this stranger too. Not that she didnt like to help others, and shed help out the occasional individual by pointing them out directions but it rarely went this far with her helping someone out, partly because they didn't ask for it.

"Well, for those items I'm not as familiar with," JC admitted sheepishly, "I dont really buy those kinds of items but I have glanced around from time to time," Well more when she was growing bored but she didnt say that part aloud, "But I can lead you to some places I know of." She then lead to another spot as she pointed out a few signs that had displayed different items. "That one there sells different kinds of Gems, like Diamonds, Ruby, etc. That one works with armor, they deal more with repairs but they also have a selection of armors you can purchase. That one you can get different magic things like potions, enchantments, and the like. And that one over there..." she pointed to a sign that said Adventuring goods, "Sells most if the things I just mentioned and then some."

She was hoping she was being helpful with this, feeling a bit bad she didn't know more.

“Well, any information is better than nothing” Violet said offhandedly before the other woman led her to some new vendors.

Again, Violet hummed in thought as the woman pointed to various vendors. General vendors like the last one the woman pointed to tended to cost less, but were likely to have lower quality products than vendors with focuses on specific kinds of products.

Violet already had two diamonds on her, so unless they sold for more than what they would be worth in a helmet, she’d rather make her own helmet. She first wandered over to the gem shop and took a glance at the prices, to which she quickly changed course to the armor shop. The cost of some diamonds was way higher than she expected and at least this way she’d have diamonds to repair her boots and leggings with.

After she asked about a helm, the shopkeep directed her to the small selection of armor they had in stock. There were a lot of iron pieces, along with a chest full of assorted enchanted and un-enchanted gold armor, with only one or two of each diamond piece hanging on armor stands.

Only one diamond helmet hung on the armor stands. It had a price that Violet winced at, but once she divided the cost up per diamond she realized it was actually a good deal. The cost bit a chunk out of her enchanting funds, but she was satisfied with the exchange.

After buying the enchantment books she could afford from the Magic vendor, Violet gave a thumbs up to the woman who had directed her to the vendors. Protection iv ended up too expensive after buying the Unbreaking iii book, so she went with Thorns iii instead. After all, she could still enchant the helmet at a table, there were well over enough levels she had stocked up to do it. Plus, she had some lapis stored at her temporary base for while she’s on this server.

But she saved the chore of enchanting for future Violet. She was going to go cook some pork chops.

“I’ve got all I need for now,” Violet remarked as she approached the woman, “Where do you keep your stoves?”

JC had watched as the woman got to work talking to the various shopkeepers to get her stuff. She tended to hang back but not too out of sight in case she needed her again. Once she returned to her she gave a slight nod when she mentioned she got all the things that she was wanting.

"Well, they'd be in my house," JC replied to the place, "You can warp to the Gemini Village and I can lead you from there." JC did have a warp point set up for her own house that she could use personally and she was told there was a way to give out a warp point location to someone but she rarely had visitors and didn't want to mess with trying to set one up. It would just be easier to lead this woman from the Village Warp point. So she took out her fingers and swiped to bring up the menu sort of expecting the woman to do the same as she punched in /Warp GeminiVillage. After hitting enter she was teleported to just inside of the entrance to the place. It was decorated and the like with a sign above the gate welcoming people to the Village. There was even a nice fountain towards the middle of it. JC just stepped to the side as she await for the woman to appear there, slightly hoping she didn't change her mind and She would be waiting there for awhile. She figured she'd just send her a message then realized that she hadn't given her her name yet to do that. Not that she knew her name either. She'd make sure to tell her when she arrived.

Violet nodded, “Got it.” Then the other woman warped.

Violet then pulled open her own menu and entered in /warp. While ignoring the autofill prompt of her temporary base, she realized the woman never specified the exact characters of the warp. It took her a couple different spellings of Gemini Village to get the warp to work, case sensitive commands and all that. On her third retype, the warp followed through.

Violet was met with a beautiful entrance and fountain as she reoriented herself to the new location. Fountains were wonderful places to simply set down an instrument case and start playing for the public. Especially wishing fountains in her experience.

After turning to gaze around some more, she saw the woman who had helped her. She really needed to get the woman’s name, she felt kinda bad just referring to her as The Woman Who’d helped her.

“Beautiful town you’ve got here!” She commented, “To your place then?”

When the woman appeared she gave her a slight nod to her compliment about the town. Not that she built any of it. "it's this way," JC replied to her aloud as she began to walk the streets towards her house. The town was divided into different lots which seemed to come in 3 sizes. The houses on the lots varied as there were a lot of different builders in them so each house was set up differently. Even a few bizarre ones.

"My name's JC by the way," JC finally remarked as they continued onward, "Username should be JCKane in case you needed to send me a message." Not that she was expecting to after this as she believed once the woman finished cooking her meat in the stove, she figured she'd leave and JC probably would never see her again. But it was more a just in case some bizarre thing happened.

While following the other woman, she couldn't help but snort in amusement at some of the people’s houses. There was one built entirely out of unpolished granite, andesite, diorite, etc. One that was a cliche jungle tree tree house. And a couple other eccentric homes.

“Alright, I’m Violet, and User’s VStarlet” She replied to JC introducing herself. Violet then added unsurely, “I’ve been meaning to change it? But y’know all the stuff you’ve gotta do…? Too much of a hassle.” As she finished, she waved her hand dismissively and shook her head.

Violet then opened her menu and made a note of JCs user in case she needed it later. She didn’t expect to have to use it, but having connections and contacts in random places was always a plus.

JC nodded as she did the same, opening the menu to note her username and such. Granted, she also didn't expect they'd meet again after this but who knew.

"I think the name's fine," JC remarked not really seeing much of an issue with it. Wasn't long before they came up to a simple build of a house. Wood and brick mostly as it was basic but not a primitive looking one. Out back they could see a bit of a garden raised up and with a fence around it poking out from behind the house.

"This is me," JC said as she stepped onto the property. When Violet did she'd see a small notification window pop up that mentioned it the property was owned by JCKane. JC headed to the front door and opened it. Inside, was a cozy little set up with a living room with a comfy-looking chair and couch facing towards the Window. Along the wall of the room was a book shelf. Attached to the living room was a kitchen nook with 4 stoves, a crafting table next to some shelves, and chests to store the food. The chests would be locked as only JC could open them. There was also a small dining table that could sit 4 but only had 2 chairs pulled up to it. There was a door that lead to the back yard on the far side of the living room and to the left was a hallway that had two doors, one at the far end and one on the left side. Presumably one was JC's bedroom the other being the washroom.

JC walked over to the kitchen doing a quick thing on them to unlock them for Violet, otherwise they would be server locked to only be accessed by her.

"There you are," JC said as she took a step back, "I uh... you can go ahead and use the charcoal I have in there. I have a small tree farm in the back as well so getting them replaced isn't a problem."

Admiring the house as she walked in, Violet only paid a brief look at the property notification. She let her mind and gaze wander as JC headed to the kitchen nook.

The inside of JCs home was very cozy and the mental image of bundling up with a book from the full shelves and sitting by the big window as it rained came to mind. In theory it would be nice, but in practice she would’ve gotten bored within a few minutes of sitting down. Books never held her attention for long, not when she could go out and have the adventure in the book.

However, playing music as the rain pattered against the window? Violet could see herself doing that.

Though, eventually it would get old just like every place she visited. The novelty wears off when you experience it over and over again. A beautiful sunrise from a house sitting in a mountain range is just a normal sunrise when you see it every morning when you wake up.

Violet reeled her thoughts in as JC spoke to her again.

“Alright, thank you” she grinned, moving towards the stoves and opening her inventory to pull out the meat. Quickly, she got to work splitting the stack between the four stoves. She then leaned on one of the chests and sorted out her inventory, attempting to make conversation as she did so.

“You ever visit an ocean monument?” Violet asked as she noticed some stray prismarine shards in her inventory. She picked them up a while back while digging up some underwater ruins and forgot to stash them at her temporary base.

While Violet had been messing with the stoves, JC went up to a chest near the door and deposited her inventory into it. The box in question she had set up in case she wanted to clear her inventory of something she'd pick back up later. When Violet asked her question JC had already moved to the chair and had a seat.

"Oh, No I haven't actually," JC admitted starting to feel a bit awkward, "Thing is, I don't really go any where except to the market."

Violet looked up from her inventory in mild confusion.

“You don’t travel every now and then? Not even mining trips?” Disbelief was wildly apparent in her tone. “You stay here and farm? Doesn’t it get boring?”

The diamonds she recently looted and her armor came to mind. She thought everyone experienced the thrill of stumbling upon some diamond ores while mining or finding a chest with something rare in it at least once. Violet was aware the enjoyment of fighting mobs was a hit or miss amongst adventurers, but traveling? Surely even people who settle an area of land must get restless at some point.

Violet looked up from her inventory in mild confusion.

“You don’t travel every now and then? Not even mining trips?” Disbelief was wildly apparent in her tone. “You stay here and farm? Doesn’t it get boring?”

The diamonds she recently looted and her armor came to mind. She thought everyone experienced the thrill of stumbling upon some diamond ores while mining or finding a chest with something rare in it at least once. Violet was aware the enjoyment of fighting mobs was a hit or miss amongst adventurers, but traveling? Surely even people who settle an area of land must get restless at some point.

JC's awkwardness quickly turned into embarrassment. "I uh... yeah I can't say I have," JC said still feeling embarrassment, "And... I mean I read books all the time. Even some music. I'm just... " She didn't finish her sentence as she was just too embareshed to say she was actually scared to venture out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back