• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mind Reader

Splat

Okay, so I'm borrowing this from a role play that failed a few months ago. I've made a few adjustments to the story, and I want to see if I can get it to start back up. I thoroughly enjoyed it, so hopefully all of you that are interested will, too!

Here's the Deal:

A genetically engineered disease, we'll call it... HAKS. Human Ass Kicking Syndrome. There's a good reason it has this name, because those that survive it... They kick some serious ass. The disease was engineered to be a biological weapon. It worked quickly and efficiently. As soon as it entered the blood stream, it spread like wildfire until it entered the brain. There, it worked to basically shut the brain down by breaking synapse connections and clotting the blood vessels, cutting off the blood flow into the brain, which equals = Death. The problem was, it was much more contagious than they had planned for it to be.

The mortality rate of this disease is 98%. Those that survive, without turning into vegetables, have had their brain rewired by this disease. Their thoughts flow differently, everything that goes on up there is completely under conscious control. Then, the disease takes it a step further.

The easiest way for me to explain this is by showing you my character's abilities.

The best relation to this would be: Electrokinesis. The ability to freely control and manipulate Electricity.

The survivors would gain kinetic abilities. I've seen this done, but there don't seem to be a lot of active role plays that use this anymore. So, I want to start my own. There is pretty much no restriction on what kind of kinetic abilities you can use other than, because of how many different kind of abilities there are, no repeating. Not everyone can be electrokenetic, not everyone can be pyrokenetic. I'm gonna have to cap that out at 1 person per ability. The only exception being if someone wanted to play two characters as twins or siblings with the same power.

Examples for powers:

Psychokinesis - Moving items with your mind.

Telekinesis - Same thing

Pyrokinesis - Control over fire

Electrokinesis - Control over electricity

Hydrokinesis - Control over water...

etc.​

I guess I'm kind interested?~ I'm just a little unsure of how the plot would work with only 2%~ xD @Splat

Splat said:
1) Not everyone was infected. 2)We are the 2%, obviously.
1.) I get that, lol~ xD 2.) It seems a very small amount, how would thing operate properly????~ :3

Well currently there are over 7 Billion people on Earth. 2% of 7 Billion is still 14,000,000, plus let's say about another 500,000,000 survivors.

Splat said:
Well currently there are over 7 Billion people on Earth. 2% of 7 Billion is still 14,000,000, plus let's say about another 500,000,000 survivors.
Lol, I was about to comment that. Nice coincidence xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back