• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

miles' partner search (adv. + lgbt)

vanquishable

Raconteur Ordinaire
hello! my name's miles, it's very nice to meet you! i'm looking to get back into roleplaying after taking a hiatus to start college. i've been roleplaying on and off for about six years now and i'm really excited to get back into it!

anyway, a couple points of interest:

• i consider myself an advanced player. i can usually do anywhere between 250-400 words/post with few errors, and i'd expect about the same. 
  • i'm 18, and i'd feel most comfortable playing with someone who is 17+
  • i'm a busy boy, i'm afraid, but i'll make it a goal to post at least once a day. i might make short absences due to workload or mental illness, but i'll tell you beforehand.
  • i'm a big ol' queer, and i'm most interested in plots with characters who are, too. i prefer mxm for romance, though that doesn't rule out other sorts of pairings, and i often involve trans characters. just so you know.
  • i'm a horrid romantic, so i’d strongly prefer that any threads i’m in have some. it'll all be very sappy. i hope you're prepared.
  • i'm very chatty ooc, and that includes plotting and making little character notes as much as it does just getting to know you-- i feel like both of these things are necessary for keeping up an interesting rp. if you'd rather not, we probably aren't all that well-matched.

that's enough of that, then! on to the fun part!

i don't really have concrete plots dreamed up, if only because i think it's much more fun to come up with something with a partner's input, so these ideas are more general.

here are some elements i like to see

• medieval settings (historical and low fantasy)
  • urban fantasy/magical realism
  • coming-of-age stories
  • mythological/folklore elements or inspiration
  • road-trip or traveling stories, ESPECIALLY romances
  • characters who are misfits or malcontents
  • humor or dramedy elements
  • forbidden romance

and a couple of vague ideas for plots— 

a couple of kids, living in either a modern small town or a small medieval village, deciding that they’re too big for that particular pond, and striking out on their own to build their lives the way they want them.

maybe some kind of thing with political intrigue or war? either on the important-folks-making-decisions side or the trying-not-to-die side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm far from perfect (I'm fairly new to role-playing) but don't let that taint the image. I consider myself pretty literate - I've been writing for as long as I can remember and I'm a really fast learner so I'm getting this whole role-play thing down I think! I do fairly well with writing longer post. Although there will be instances where I get pretty in depth in describing stuff (not that that's really a bad thing) to fill the post requirement. Not a major romantic - but at the same time I can get behind being a little sappy. ALTHOUGH, I am a major sap for MxM. So, if I was apart of that I'd have absolutely no complaints! If you'd like to message me go ahead! (assuming I haven't somehow discouraged this potential role-playership?)

Oh, I should be able to post everyday - and being a little chatty is perfectly fine with me! But on the off-chance something comes up and I can't I'll do my best not to leave you hanging!

Hey, so fair disclosure I usually roleplay fandoms and prefer to play canon characters, but also your post caught my eye cos I'm a queer trans boy and I want to bring more of my identity into roleplaying so uh, if you aren't interested in fandom roleplay, I might be able to get into realistic? It's just something I've never really done before because my interest has always been in fandom. You also sound like a pretty good match for my style of roleplaying! PM me if you want to talk more about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back