• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Midheavens: Stars Beneath Your Skin (CLOSED)

Quincunx

inactive
"The Nadirs, the suffering, your suffering - you have a chance to change it all. Will you take it?" 

Despite the monster sightings, the rumors of a resurfacing cult, and the impending energy crisis, you were managing life in the valley of Astrophel as it slowly got less idyllic. Or maybe you were afraid, or even desperate. It's not uncommon to see people who are. But nothing could prepare you for when a white bird adorned with flower petals asked you if you wanted to become a Midheaven, a magical hero that could protect people and save your city. It was simple - each monster you purge drops a Star, and when you get seven, you can make a wish. Any wish you want.

When you said yes, you gained another self. And when you transformed into that self, you held a weapon of wood and jewels that could cut down any monster. Your magic could alter reality. People could practically feel the emotional energy you were radiating. But despite how powerful that self was, it didn't solve all of your problems. It was a good thing nobody recognized you, because they were terrified - you were strong, beautiful, alien, beyond comprehension. And with the help of that white bird, you've discovered secrets about the magical world that you're not sure you wanted to find out. You've met other Midheavens, but you're not sure if you're helping or competing with each other.

Can you still change Astrophel for the better like this? Can you balance your two selves? Even though this place is falling apart, can you and the other Midheavens find hope?

So this is a bit of a dark RP about fighting monsters to get your wish and trying to maintain peace of mind even as your world crumbles around you. Your character is one of 8 people, aged 15 to 25, who becomes a Midheaven. There are currently two slots open, and the Hosted Project is... here!

@Zaxs @Thalia_Neko

Last edited by a moderator:
yeeeeesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, great! The Hosted Project is open for "joining with approval". There are a few things that you should know before you create a character:

• Claim a constellation (in the thread pinned at the top of the Characters forum) before making a character. I believe The Candle and The Snowflake are open.
  • Please read the Physical Details; Cultural Details; Folklore, Magic, and Religious Details; and perhaps Emotional Magic and the Shifts System, before creating your character, as these contain important info about Astrophel. The other two aren't required, but would still be helpful.
  • We are currently waiting on one person to fill out their Love Letter (a "letter" from the GM to the players that allows them to choose complications for their life), and then we will timeskip to the next morning. In-character posting isn't going to continue until I get the timeskip post up. (Basically, this was a decision I made so that the game would be kick-started after the timeskip.)
  • Finally, there's a section in your CS about relations to other Midheavens/heroes. Fill that out later. After you create your character, post in the OOC section about relationships with others - friendships, acquaintance-ships, and more - and we will help you get set up.

alright!! ^w^ (do you think i might be able to do a dif constellation though? like, if its not being used? (there are some many wonderful constelltions!)

(just a thought.)

Last edited by a moderator:
alright!! ^w^ (do you think i might be able to do a dif constellation though? like, if its not being used? (there are some many wonderful constelltions!)

(just a thought.)

This takes place in an alternate universe where the "Zodiac" is 8 constellations that I don't believe mirror ours. I brought up The Candle and The Snowflake because those are the only ones not currently in use. So, I'd rather you pick one of those.

alright. :3 it was just a thought. also i suddenly am interested but what would happen it one of the constal.'s went 'bad'? can they do that? ^w^ i'm very interested not, and would you say tht if they went  bad how many despair point they would-might have? ^w^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back