• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Midas' Inferno|| Dystopian Post-Apocalyptic RP

Purpleyedmiss

I am very important and soft

══════════════════════════════════════════════════

OUT OF CHARACTER CONVERSATION

Here you can discuss random matters, like the plotline, your characters, your doubts and your questions, which I will try to answer as clearly as possible.

Otherwise, go wild lovelies!

══════════════════════════════════════════════════

Last edited by a moderator:
Do Willers require maintenance from an outside source? I was thinking of playing an out of work Willer mechanic who moved down to the Brass slums to look for work.

[QUOTE="Lance Tristram]Do Willers require maintenance from an outside source? I was thinking of playing an out of work Willer mechanic who moved down to the Brass slums to look for work.

[/QUOTE]
Wow, I didn't really think about a maintenance source... Good call. Mmh, now that I think about it, they're a bit like the robots in the Alien movies, their bodies work like humans mostly, they're pretty self sustainable. The only thing they can't touch is water. I guess their maintenance source would be to connect themselves to electricity, and shut down for the night. That's their human equivalent of sleeping.

Unless you mean maintenance as if a place where they can go when they are having technical difficulties, because I imagine every zone has various bases for Willers' maintenance.

Cadee said:
Awesome idea! I cant wait til this starts ^_^
I'm glad you're interested! ^^ I started this roleplay on another website but it died immediately, so I'm hoping here people will see the gig. Hopefully we'll have enough forms to start by the end of the month, if people don't take long :D

I'm sorry to say that I can't think up a character that would do this rp justice. Ive been trying to create one and its just not happening. And I don't want to create a half assed character just to make one, ya know. I'll keep this watched, and keep an eye on it, keep trying to create a character for it, but at this moment its not coming out of me. I'm really sorry.

Cadee said:
I'm sorry to say that I can't think up a character that would do this rp justice. Ive been trying to create one and its just not happening. And I don't want to create a half assed character just to make one, ya know. I'll keep this watched, and keep an eye on it, keep trying to create a character for it, but at this moment its not coming out of me. I'm really sorry.
No, don't be! I'm sorry if I've made such an rp that it would be difficult for people to create characters for. You know, if you have any doubts, you can come to me anytime, and if you want to, I can help with your character. I've done it for my friends several times, and I don't mean it as in you're uncapable of creating a character on your own, I just really want to help, if I can.

Otherwise, I'll be waiting when you feel ready to ^^

Hi! This is a super cool and super creative premise, I really appreciate the work put in! I don't know when my character will be ready, but I am so making one.

Wait but I do have a few questions: 1. are mutants treated very poorly if they are found? I mean, could you find a really rich and high-class mutant? 2. where do you draw the line for powers? 'Cause I was thinking mercury and having the power of shape shifting and/or being able to poison someone on touch.

Like, those would be some kick-ass powers if you ask me

whitefoxkiller said:
Wait but I do have a few questions: 1. are mutants treated very poorly if they are found? I mean, could you find a really rich and high-class mutant? 2. where do you draw the line for powers? 'Cause I was thinking mercury and having the power of shape shifting and/or being able to poison someone on touch.

Like, those would be some kick-ass powers if you ask me
Yes, generally mutants can only live a normal life in the Brass Slums, where the authorities don't take much notice. You see, a high class mutant, when found, could fall into the hands of the Midas' Institute of Research of the PT Mutation (IRPTM), and either forced to be a member of the authorities (or an Spy). Most mutants aren't signed on in the Institute, which was the primary concern of Orpheus in the first years, but now they are left alone mostly. So, to answer your question: Yes, you can be, but do bear in mind what do you want to be affiliated with. I mean, for example, it's difficult for a member of the high class AND to work for the Titans, since their base is shut off and they are still incognito, for now.

Mercury is a kick ass power, yes! You should go for it! Just bear in mind that my character's power also can cause radiation, like mercury can. It's only a matter of being creative with the abilities. Just remember: Nothing too OP. Now that you mention, I should think better of mine xD It's better if I alter it a bit... Oh! By shapeshifting do you mean Mystique wise or changing states (liquid, solid, gas)? Because there's a difference.

whitefoxkiller said:
Hi! This is a super cool and super creative premise, I really appreciate the work put in! I don't know when my character will be ready, but I am so making one.
Yes! Thank you so much. Please don't take too long... Not to pressure you or anything, but every other member is taking their time... Including a couple of friends of mine who haven't replied to the thread but want to join xD Otherwise, take your time. And don't be afraid to tell me your questions and doubts! ^^

Also, don't forget to read the rules carefully.

P.S: Love the avatar icon hehe xD

Purpleyedmiss said:
By shapeshifting do you mean Mystique wise or changing states (liquid, solid, gas)? Because there's a difference.
Well I hadn't really decided, I figure changing states would make more sense, like she could turn into a liquid or a semi-liquid and squeeze through doors and pick locks and cool stuff like that. Mystique powers would be super cool, but if you think that's too OP I could stick with changing states, you're the GM I'll refer to you.

whitefoxkiller said:
Well I hadn't really decided, I figure changing states would make more sense, like she could turn into a liquid or a semi-liquid and squeeze through doors and pick locks and cool stuff like that. Mystique powers would be super cool, but if you think that's too OP I could stick with changing states, you're the GM I'll refer to you.
Good! You have a character! Sorry to limit the powers a bit, but it's just a reminder actually. Think about the abilities carefully and how to use them, it'll make it more realistic! Anyway, I'm already finding your character awesome xD

P.S: What's a GM, by the way?

Game master, so you're cool with the mystique thing? I'm still not sure about it myself. If it was mystique-like powers it would actually be more like Odo from Star Trek Deep Space Nine, if you've seen any of that series.

tumblr_inline_ms2el8g8751qz4rgp.gif
Odo-Gifs-star-trek-deep-space-nine-18331018-300-225.gif
ugh, couldn't find any better examples of his power. Basically he can turn into a liquid (actually his natural form) and then can turn into whatever solid he wants. Odo can turn into literally anything, But my character I would restrict to people.

I actually haven't seen Star Trek yet, but its fame preceeds itself xD If it wasn't so time consuming to watch all the series, I'd do it... Anyway, it seems like a great idea, that Odo's character abilities is exactly what I am looking for! But with mercury hehe

Go ahead! You've got a character already. ^^

Hey @Purpleyedmiss I've been trying to get around to filling out the app sheet, but I honesttogod have been swamped. I will start on it as soon as possible, but I have stacks of Homework. So sorry :(

Ok so I just posted it, please let me know if anything is OP or doesn't fit with the story or something, and I'll edit it. ^-^ I love her name though. Auda.

It's pronounced OW-duh

Y'know like, ow! I stubed my toe! That kind of ow

whitefoxkiller said:
Ok so I just posted it, please let me know if anything is OP or doesn't fit with the story or something, and I'll edit it. ^-^ I love her name though. Auda.

It's pronounced OW-duh

Y'know like, ow! I stubed my toe! That kind of ow
I absolutely love her! I hope she appears often. Just a question, does contact with liquid mercury actually kill in a day? I know she won't be using her powers that much, but I just want to be sure ^^

By the way, technically all the members of the Parliament are named Counselours, but only one of them knows the true identity of Counselour Orpheus. Everyone in Midas only knows him for his voice.

I can't reveal more, because it's a massive spoiler for the plotline xD But it will be enough to spike your interest...

Purpleyedmiss said:
does contact with liquid mercury actually kill in a day? I know she won't be using her powers that much, but I just want to be sure ^^
... Eheh... No. The problem is that In real life it takes years and years and years. And one exposure may not even do it, but I hope you'll excuse my little exaggeration, it wouldnt do much good to anybody In the story if the poison only sets In when the character is 72.

Oh unless you swallowed it or breathed in a lot of the fumes, then yeah, it might take around a day or two.

Oh and I'm so glad you like her, I hope you don't mind that during the RP I will be adding a lot of outfit spoilers, becuase I have a weak spot for futuristic fashion and I use it whenever I can In roleplays.

whitefoxkiller said:
... Eheh... No. The problem is that In real life it takes years and years and years. And one exposure may not even do it, but I hope you'll excuse my little exaggeration, it wouldnt do much good to anybody In the story if the poison only sets In when the character is 72.

Oh unless you swallowed it or breathed in a lot of the fumes, then yeah, it might take around a day or two.

Oh and I'm so glad you like her, I hope you don't mind that during the RP I will be adding a lot of outfit spoilers, becuase I have a weak spot for futuristic fashion and I use it whenever I can In roleplays.
Well, in liquid form you can put it in like two days or a day and a half, then. That would be better, if it's alright with you of course.

Oh no, go ahead and put as many outfits, I love fashion xD

Purpleyedmiss said:
Well, in liquid form you can put it in like two days or a day and a half, then. That would be better, if it's alright with you of course.
Oh no, go ahead and put as many outfits, I love fashion xD
Cool, sounds good to me, I'll edit it later though, I can't right now.

Oh also another way to get more interest is to post something in the IC. It's kind of cheating, but it will bump you to the top of the forum list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back