• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Microscope + Cypher System Mecha/Kaiju sandbox game

xarvh

Malevolent Entertainer
"[...] Kaijus, Asuras, Angels of the Apocalypse... Aliens, insanely complex machines, or artificial animals doesn't matter.

An immense price of blood was paid, but the mysterious creatures were eventually defeated. This, and the scientific and technological advances that followed the study of their bodies, changed humanity forever."

"[...] Humanity, weakened and bitterly divided by years of bloody conflict, plunges closer to self-destruction than any external threat has ever done. We have been so absorbed in our fears, in our revenges that we have forgotten.

But they haven't.

They are back... This time there seem to be no stopping them.

For the first time, in too many years, something could bring humanity back together.

It might very well be too late for humanity to unite again.

But if this is where we make our last stand, let it be together."

The two paragraphs above are how our past history begins and how it ends, respectively.

In the first part of the game, we will use Microscope to build everything that happened in between.

Microscope is pretty much a setting-building game. Every player contributes and builds on top of what the others created. It's very easy, you don't need the manual.

Once we feel that our setting is ready, we'll stat up our characters and play in it as a normal RPG.

The Cypher System is the same system that runs Numenera. It is also very easy and you can do without the manual; most importantly it is a very flexible and solid system and should allow us to handle both human characters and giant robots without breaking a sweat.

This is a sandbox possibly empire building game. Explore. Develop new technologies. Deal with other factions. Kick kaiju ass.

I would enjoy it. Just a recommendation but you don't have to take it:

-Might be better to not do too much worldbuilding, science fiction/futuristic discovery and exploration of all the new technologies, creatures and introducing various super science is one of the best part of it, in my opinion.

This sounds intriguing. I do love me some humanity must unite to complete a series of impossible feats of engineering or perish.

You state that, for both systems, we do shouldn't need the manuals. In that case, could someone like myself, who is not familiar with either system, join?

I think so. The Cipher system is very simple. Your character has a three part descriptor, [Adjective Class who Verbs] something like a Stealthy Spinner who Works the System. These give you powers. You have three stats that you'll allocate a few points to. I forget their names. Intellect, Might, and something social-y, I think. You can use them to expend Effort to make difficult tasks easier, or impossible ones possible. That's about the whole deal right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ What @Random Word said.

The stats are Might, Speed and Intellect, the latter is used also for social interactions.

@Eclipse Yes, I definitely think that you can join and pick up the system very quickly.

In fact if you are in I will request a forum already.

Ok.

Looks like we have ourselves a game.

Give me some time to figure out how to create a game (I assume it will go under "Dice roleplays") and organize the tabs, have been away from this forum for too long...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back