• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MGPD

Kurosawa beams back at Sarutobi and taps her chin for a moment- before pulling the Haunted House folder with a broad smile.

"I think... we should start on this one, first- yeah? We'll get through em 'all, of course- but may as well start with the spookiest, mhrm!" She says with a bright smile as she turns to fully face her partner. "C'mon, let's sit down and open the folder, see what we're dealing with!" She suggests with a bright smile- before heading to her desk to do just that, and expecting her partner to follow!

Makoto

"'PREciate!" hollers Makoto, finally cottoning on.

She taps her badge. Pink light surges about her form until POP! At the sound of a starting gun, Arcane Emissary Magical Makoto appears!

She drops her salute with a winsome smile and heads after her partner.

Shijetsua

She taps the badge once, rolling her eyes a bit as plumes of purple smoke coil over her body, obscuring her frame from sight before the plumes are blasted away by the costumed Shijetsua.

It's instantly pretty obvious why the teen rarely went in uniform for long periods of time. Her transformed self instantly appears much more threatening as the black and white harlequin motif clashes with the pandemonium of color in the spirit world.

Chisana Shijetsua, the Death Jester, gives a finger pint and an accompanying *chk chk* sound a light headed smile before starting off towards the traffic signal where they could find Boss Big Red.

Sohma

She suppresses a shiver as she passes through the barrier. You'd think a ghost would be more used to spooky things.

Upon arriving, she kicks an empty beer bottle, watching it roll into the weed strewn ditch.

"Ah, feels like home," she muses wistfully. Her expression anything but.

She glances at the posters curiously. What do our missing doggies look like then? And where were they last seen?

• @PixelWitch

There's a couple of missing pets posters, but there doesn't seem to be any particular pattern of what they look like. It's all sorts of dogs, from all around the neighborhood, ranging from as recently as yesterday, to all the way back to three months ago.

A loud -bring bring- suddenly rolls from your partner's pocket. She gives you an embarrassed smile, before turning away and pulling out a rather ancient looking cellphone.

"...uh, who is- Oh! Yes sir!

...yes sir.

...the missing dog case. In the mortal world residential district.

...no, not that I'm aware sir.

...yes sir. Alright sir. I'll be in as soon as I can sir. Goodbye,"

Yuko turns and tilts her head, a sad sort of expression on her face.

"Uh... Sohma, it kinda turns out... that there's been a bit of a mess up in the papers. We're not each others partners. You're actually partnered with some other girl called Kurosawa..."

She starts looking at the ground.

"So... the Captain told me to get back as soon as I could, so we could fix the situation, and that she'll be sending your actual partner immediately,"

Kurosawa sighs gently- then nods, smiling softly. She turns and bows politely towards Sarutobi.

"Hai... Okay then. Ah... it was nice meeting you- hopefully we can talk again sometime. Apologies for the hassle; but if that's the case, I really must be off to meet my partner now..!" She says- rising from the bow with a bright, happy smile. She holds out a hand- shakes...

Then turns and nods to the sprite, before turning to bolt out of the building as fast as she can; intent on meeting up with her partner. She skids to a halt at the door- and pauses to go back to the caseload file, check the adress...

And /then/ bolt out.

Sohma

She looks up from her nose nearly pressed to the posters to her - well, now former - partner.

"Aw, and just when we were getting to know each other ~"

She gives an enthusiastic salute to her parting accomplice.

"Don't worry, I can handle myself!" she chirps as she watches her go.

A soft sigh breaks the silence.

"Welp, doggies to find," she snorts at the darkness under the bridge, "Unless there's a pet-eating troll under there" a pointed stare, as if awaiting a response.

If not, she simply turns heel, heading towards the half built suburbs.

Makoto

Makoto glances down to the streets and then back up to the head of the tower, which seemed like it was only a couple floors above just a couple floors ago. Her smile takes a bemused edge as Green Lighters streak past, clearly having no trouble navigating the traffic tower. "Does the Big Red Guy not really want us here?" she asks Shijetsua.

Shijetsua

"I'm certain if we were already there, he'd want to STOP us from leaving too. All the Reds want to do is Stop anything while Greens want everything to go. Yellows are just sneaky snakes and I'd rather not deal with them." Shije floats up a few more steps before looking back "You really are fresh aren't you? I'm surprised they started you here with me."

• It's not a pet-eating troll. It's a... young girl who's somewhat flustered looking.

You recognize her as one of your coworkers. She's probably your proper partner, already out to join you. Gotta love the time bending nature of the Realm, huh?

Sohma

She stops, blinks, observes, then a grin slowly slides itself onto her face. She rubs her hands together, and without warning, simply.... disappears.

Vanishing on the spot where she stands.

A beat.

There is a discordant disembodied giggle, the rustle of leaves and rubbish underfoot, and she reappears, inches from her new co-workers face, black on white eyes wide and fang toothed mouth wide, hands cupping her jaw.

"BOO!"

2D6 Fury(Support)+4 so I don't muck up the invisibility.

[dice]20350[/dice]

[dice]20351[/dice]

[dice]20352[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kurosawa skids to a halt as she spots a person- and waves cheerily- before blinking, caught entirely offguard as the figure disappears entirely. Her head tilts to the side in a vaugely moe fashion- as she blinks her big blue eyes a few times, frowning.

"Wha..? Where did sh-" And then the girl pops up back in front of her. She let's out an audible meep, leaping backwards and upwards in a blurring fashion as she does so- eyes widening into saucers- as she then freezes as she lands- staring back at Sohma...

Squinting.

"....Heyyy! That wasn't very nice! But uhm.. wait.." She pulls out a folder.. consults a picture.. then looks back at Sohma- as she blinks a few times. "Uhm- you're Sohma, right?"

Makoto

"Been out of the office some. Maybe they thought I'd learn more quickly with you."

And then they're in and the room is RED the mind is RED the mind the m--

Makoto reels. But her body doesn't. Panic rising, she tries to wrench her eyes away from the orb that is at once a red giant and black hole. How is Shijetsua countering this thing?

Sohma

She giggles at her new partners reaction.

She drops to the floor once more, grinning and gives a theatrical bow, "The one and only~"

"And what, pray tell, am I to call you?"

Shijetsua

By force of will, Shijetsua pulled her mask down over her face properly. The stylized depiction of a skull acting as at least a psychological barrier between the crushing force of STOP and her strained face underneath. It was like being smothered, her body the center of gravity and force down on it at all angles. Every action taken was staggered and lagging.

"Bosu Red. It is an honor to be in your presence...again. However, we are here today as officers of the law and seek your cooperation in regards to the incident you mentioned. Any information and testimony you can provide would be helpful. As soon as we get what we need we can STOP bothering you and END the investigation."

She pants after speaking, her lungs working overtime to pull in the sweet sweet oxygen she expended while speaking.

Makoto, Shijestsua

Again, that speech pushes directly to the core of yourselves, a tone that is not spoken nor heard, but felt nonetheless.

WHAT DO YOU WISH TO KNOW

Kurosawa blinks a few times- squinting warily at the theatrical bow...

Then smiles bright and wide- a gleam in her eyes as she holds out a warm hand as if to shake.

"Hai! You can call me Kurosawa!"

Sohma

She grabs her new partner's hand enthusiastically, and pumps it hard with gusto "Hello there Kurosawa. Wanna help me find some lost puppydums?"

Her grin is wide almost to the point of leering.

Makoto

Again? Her partner had an in with this guy? Seems her 'seen it all' air wasn't just for show.

Makoto straightens, getting her game face back on while Shijetsua does the talking.

A gentle smile graces Kurosawa's face- a giggle escaping her at her partners enthusiasm, as she nods firmly.

"Absolutely! Let us quest forth to rescue the poor lost fluffy-puppies!" She declares exuberantly, making a fist pump with her right arm. "Bwahaha! Mrm.. So uh......... Where do we look, though?"

Sohma

She pouts.

"Well under this bridge has been proving fruitless. I was gonna explore the building site over the hill there - " she points behind her new partner towards the dark outline of the half constructed buildings looming in the background, " - to see if we can find some clues~"

She offers the crook of her arm valiantly, "Shall we?"

Grin grin grin.

Kurosawa taps her chin thoughtfully for a moment as she soaks in the other girls words- then suddenly, her smile is wide enough to split her face as she gives a big thumbs up- sparkles of light flashing about her form as she grins wide, teeth sparkling white!

"Abssolutely!~ Let's finally get to work, then!" She says brightly- delighted at her partners eager and generally bright attitude- finally finding someone else just as peppy and happy to be working, it seems to her- as she takes the offered arm without hesitation, and then turns to lead the way into the direction pointed!

Shijetsua

"Who is starting these gang fights?" She struggles to move her jaw, eyes locked onto the empty corner of the room. Yeah...that was helping. Maybe.

"You've always shared with green with no issue up until now. You've been helpful to the MGPD in STOPping crime. Tell me, is it yellow or something else?"

She forces a gaze over to her partner, making a somewhat stifled mental note to use we instead of me from now on. Girl hadn't missed a beat yet, time to start including her more.

• The building site is fairly deserted for something of its ilk. A bulldozer sits silently by a pallet of plastic wrapped bags of concrete. Wooden skeletons of houses yet unfinished stand in neat rows, surrounded by stacks of building materials. Demolished remnants of older houses lie vacant across from them. In the middle of it all is a foreman's shack, a squat grey cube on short metal struts.

Makoto

That's all it was? 'S it really not a gang fight? Boss Red made it sound so simple, but this couldn't be a common occurrence if they were being sent to investigate it. Makoto feels horribly aware of the blank space in her head, how much of this Spirit Realm she didn't know. Yet.

Shijetsua looked like she was focused on something beyond the Big Red Guy. Past him. Like that trick teachers suggested for speaking in front of an audience.

Makoto feels her throat clear as she moves her jaw. Aha. "What was the light supposed to change to, Boss Red?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back