• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MGPD

Silvertongued

Yes, this is dog
@PixelWitch @Foolish13 @Cirno @Teh Frixz

The 13th Precinct. It's always been an unusual place, between this world and the other. Everything is differing strange shades of ethereal electric blue, from the walls to the furniture. Windows, in every room and every hallway, stare out into strange vistas, of colorful alien woodlands and teeming eldritch streets. Spirits flow, roll, crawl, and stride through the corridors, not all of them seen.

Despite this bizarre setting, this is a perfectly average Saturday morning, and the start of a major working day for girls like you. There's always something going on that requires the Precinct's help, and it's always understaffed and underfunded.

Right now, you're looking at it from inside the Captain's office. It's much the same as the rest of the Precinct, though her window looks out onto a foggy lake, its mirrored surface completely still save for the occasional, singular ripple that rolls across it.

The Captain is a slim, multiarmed girl in a white shirt and navy waistcoat, smoking a cigar and filling out copious paperwork. She squints at the four of you from underneath a severe black bobcut, occasionally glancing at her work in between puffs of dark noxious smoke.

"We've decided to start implementing a partner system," she starts brusquely, her voice carrying loud and clear even over the constant shuffling of paper. "Apparently, it's good for morale, good for work ethic, good pretty much across the board,"

"Yuko, you're with Sohma, and Makoto, you're with Shijesutā,"

Last edited by a moderator:
Makoto

Why did the Captain have to be a smoker? Makoto has acclimated to it for the most part, but she knows she's going to blow her nose later and find black snot in her tissue. Uweh.

At the news, she perks up. A partner. Someone to talk with about the craziest things. Someone she wouldn't have to make weird excuses to. Someone who wouldn't take her for an airhead if she stared too long at passing spirits. Maybe someone to confide in. She glances to either side. Shijesutā, was it?

With the cap from her magical girl attire tucked under one arm, she raises her other hand part-way. "Sakakibara Makoto here. Pleased to meet ya."

Shijetsua

It had been a long running gag by Shijetsua to mess with the Captains paperwork, disregarding most of her elaborate procedures and the captain in return vowed to get the officer under control one day. Well today it looked like the joke was on poor old Shijetsua.

The girl, Makoto, clean cut, long legs, bright, perky. Shijetsua ignores the introduction, getting up to slam both hands down on the desk.

"You gotta be kidding, chief!?I don't got any time to break in any partners. Why don't you do this girl a favor and keep me out on assignment. If I need a partner I'll find one there. Someone who knows what they are in for"

She pulls back, frustration and anger evident as her arms cross and she waits for a response. It was half tempting to go ahead and light up her own cigarette but the chief took that right away after the nonsense with the exploding cigar.

Yuko (Transformed)

Standing at attention beside the other three, the armoured magical girl simply salutes after her chief's orders, they made after all, Father and Mother even as they waxed poetic about the dumb things that their partners did still worked under the system. More importantly, it was also a few times why either of them came back home whenever a day suddenly turned nasty. So it was no surprise when Shijetsua loudly did her thing, Yuko spoke.

"So you are saying that you know better than our superiors?" It was no mistake that her strong voice was calm, almost placid, being powered by Rage itself would do that to someone, "That you know better than years traditional policing practice. That rather than getting to try to know your partner and see if they are as green as you believe they you would make a snap decision and be done with it."

She narrowed her eyes, "Is that what you are saying?"

Honestly, she wished that she was able to speak with partner as soon as possible, but this moron will be the death of her and her partner.

Shijetsua

"Well...if you really really want to know just what I think sweet heart, then yeah, I do. I've been working here at this meat grinder for more than a few years and slapping someone on my back is just gonna slow me down."

Shijetsua doesn't even bother transforming. If anything, the momentary heat and passion seems to drain out of her, leaving as much compassion as a gravel road.

"I'm sure you three are all great officers but what I do will chew you up and spit you out and I don't need to see that happen again"

Yuko (Transformed)

A single twitch flickered under her left eye, and for a single moment her eyes glowed dangerously, before a blink returned them to normal, "If you really have been here for years, instead of acting the part, then you will know why you have look out after your partner especially since you say that you have seen things happen to others." Her eyes glowed again before she turned to the Chief and saluted once more, pointedly ignoring Shijetsua as what she had to say was said, "Is that all ma'am? It's almost patrol time and I'd like to know my partner a little before we head out."

...and quite frankly, Shijetsua had nothing of note to say to her after all that drivel. Makoto is going to have it tough that poor girl.

Makoto

Oo'kay. It was true that she had less experience. She did join the department later than other magical girls, after all, but she gets the feeling this was a sort of unavoidable land mine in such an understaffed unit.

Actually, she's more surprised that the office bookworm had a badge. That is, of course everyone manning the precinct had a badge, but she didn't realise the quietest girl here had a badge-badge.

She forgets her hand's still in the air like a new recruit taking a pledge until the armoured officer turns back to the Captain. Dropping her hand back to her side, she quirks a small smile at Shijetsua. They hadn't gotten to know each other yet, after all. No harm done.

<p><strong>Sohma</strong></p>

<p>

This place always unnerved her. The pictures made rude faces and the floorboards squeaked names at her. Hell, the umbrella in the stand by the door was watching her and licking it's teeth... It sent shivers down her spine.</p>

<p>

"We've decided to start implementing a partner system. Apparently, it's good for morale, good for work ethic, good pretty much across the board,"</p>

<p>

"Yuko, you're with Sohma, and Makoto, you're with Shijesutā,"</p>

<p>

The skinny girl made an audible swallow, hands dry rubbing on her lap.</p>

<p>

She casts her gaze from her tatty overalls to the Valkyrie towering next to her.</p>

<p>

<em>Oh... oh... this... this is bit out my.. depth. I dunno, this seems like a bad idea. ME? Paired? With... oh. But.. but I'm the just the office scrub!</em></p>

<p>

Then Shijetsua kicks off.</p>

<p>

And the tiny clerk looks like she's trying to sink through the floor.</p>

<p>

"Is that all ma'am? It's almost patrol time and I'd like to know my partner a little before we head out."</p>

<p>

<em>[internal screaming]</em></p>

<p><em>

Oh please don't make an ass of yourself...</em></p>

<p>

She turns to Yuko, attempting to introduce herself... and all that comes out is a faint terrified squeak.</p>

The Captain side eyes Shijetsua, slowly rolling her cigar from one side of her mouth to another.

"Dramatics ain't gonna change this ruling Shijetsua, as they come right from the top," she drawls patiently, casually pointing up with one free hand.

"And I ain't puttin' my rear end on the line to try and talk down the Commisioner over somethin' I quite frankly think is a good idea,"

Her glare rolls over the four of them.

"You'll complement each other. Smooth out the rough edges and hone the sharp ones. And that's all I'll brook on the matter,"

"Got it?" the girl says dangerously. locking her pale grey eyes to Shijetsua's.

"Anyone else got any questions?"

Shijetsua

She throws her hands up in a combination of disbelief and desperation before stomping out of the office. The door swinging wide as the girl rushed out through it.

The gosh darn freaking mother of all queen bees commissioner. It wasn't fair and it was stupid. She'd been doing this job since she was 13, that was ages ago. The ins and outs, all the experiences she had by herself. Throwing another person in her way would just be risky for whoever that poor girl would be. Ever since Shijetsua started, there had been plenty of close calls and if you just threw someone in that spot, they'd be hurt. That girl. Makoto. She didn't deserve that.

It was all these damn rules. Like letting spirits hang out around the station, that got people hurt in the end. Short term solutions that didn't solve anything. What they needed was a permanent way to get rid of the lot of the spirits.

Or at least pay the department better...

Shijetsua leans up against the wall of the office, waiting. She briefly considers transforming out of her schoolgirl outfit but she didn't feel like making a scene like that trashy Yuko was. The girl had no class. Most of their patrols could honestly be done better out of uniform, a badge being all they needed to set most of the offenders right. Strutting around like that just invited trouble. Reaching into her pocket, she pulls out a flattened cigarette carton, pulling one of the last two out and letting it hang idly between her lips. Stolen a week or two ago from her dad's car, he never even noticed they were gone. Vanished in a could of smoke.

She chuckles, miming lighting the cigarette and putting a foot against the wall she leaned on while waiting for the kid to come out.

Yuko (Transformed)

Yuko suddenly felt tired, very, very tired. Firstly, the terrified squeak she heard from the girl beside her meant that she had once again, in her own way, gone too far...again, even in her calmest moments, her anger still affected her. Secondly, as proven by the brat who stormed out of the office and her still optimistic partner who was left behind...

She just sighed and shook her head in a negative, "Nothing here ma'am."

She then gave her partner a small, but warm smile, as a first step to her apology to her, and looked up at Makoto, her fellow athlete, nodding once. Makoto will always someone to rely on, even if they weren't partners.

If she does not take care of Makoto...

Makoto

Makoto doesn't snicker, but wow is the poor thing frightened. Yuko might have some work cut out for her. She catches Yuko's gaze and smiles in return.

To those left in the smoke-filled room, she gives a casual salute with cap in hand. "Cap'n." With that, she bows out.

She finds Shijetsua outside, a cigarette dangling from her lips. Magic let them heal easily and probably kept them from developing cancer, but still. Makoto keeps her smile in place instead of voicing her thoughts.

Makoto waits for Shijetsua to transform. When she doesn't, Makoto leans back. "'ey. Where to, boss?" she drawls without sarcasm, her native accent coming through.

Sohma

Oh that was wonderful, brilliant way to start off. Now she probably thinks you were dropped on your head as child.

She takes a shaky breath and calms, "Sorry,"

She bows apologetically, before holding out a slightly quivering hand, "I'm Nui Sohma. T-thank you for working with me,"

We were assigned to work together, oh my god...

Please don't hate me before we've even started.

Shijetsua

"Where else? We go on patrol until we get a call. It shouldn't take long. You managed to get paired up with me and right now I take care of the jobs nobody wants to do. All the stink rolls downhill to us, got it?"

The cigarette slides into her mouth, grasped by her front teeth. She bites down enough to start leaving dents in the soft paper. For the first time, Shijetsua looks at her partner. She'd seen enough of her in the room to be able to pick her out of a lineup but now she really looked. Sturdy enough girl, maybe a year or two younger than her. There was something off about her, a type of freshness not found on those living in the city. The accent when she spoke sealed it.

"You from the country?" Shijetsua pops off the wall, stretching once before starting towards the door. She gives the 'eyes on you' hand gesture to the lip licking appliance before heading out the door, motioning to follow.

Hyuuga Yuko

Form: Magical Girl

---Normal---
Wounds: 0/4

Cha: 5

Int: 3

Tcy: 6
---Magic---
Resolve: 18/18

Hrt: 4 (sup)

Fury: 7 (atk)

Mag: 7 (def)

Unlimited

Guardian, Free, 1 Ocharge

Reflector, Free

Shield, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Scene

(3) Boost, Free, 1 Ocharge

(1) Teleport, Minor, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Episode

(2) Recover, out of combat

(1) Regeneration, Free
---Notes---
Thanks Cirno!

Soundtrack uses Kyousougiga's OST.

Yuko's smile turned a little bitter...it was her that probably scared so much with her earlier shouting match with Shijetsua after all, but no less warm, as she took in the sight of the wreck of a girl, and took her quivering hand with a firm, supportive one, "Thank you for deciding to stick with me."

She gestured to the door and led her out, with a simple, "Come on, let's get started, we can talk more on the beat."

Makoto

"Yeah," admits Makoto. She steps over a particularly giggly patch of floorboards. The umbrella seems to actually behave as she follows behind Shijetsua. "Moved one year into middle school. How about you? City native?"

Clear of the door, she puts her cap back on. Through the semi-transparent brim, she peers up at the spirits swimming overhead in what counts as sky here. It takes her a while to figure the lone cloud's a spirit too. "How much stink we talking, by the way?"

Sohma

The little girl nodded, both to her new partner and then to her Captain, biting her lip fretfully, ."O...Okay..."

Guess I best change before I set foot in the outside world, lest anyone see me...

A tap of her police badge sees her clothing drip away, rippling out from her hand, outward to her arm, torso and legs, to be replaced by inky blackness, clawing its way across her frame. Colour strips itself from her hair and eyes and a long white robe swathes her tiny frame.

She exhales, seeming... Calmer. Collected.

She turns, white on black eyes from under her hood, and smiles again, sharp, sharp teeth, "That feels better..."

Even her voice sounds more relaxed.

• The Captain snorts loudly, spitting out a plume of smoke like the ashcloud of some distant eruption.

"Don't forget to check your new caseloads," she intones offhandedly, turning her attention back to the paperwork in front of her. "We got more comin' in all the time, and I'd appreciate it if you'd clear some off our collective plates,"

Shijetsua

"Enough stink to where I don't bother checking caseloads anymore. For every one case I handle, they drop three more on me."

Shijetsua puts her hand out, fingers beckoning to the sprite to chalk over the cases. It was a game they played countless times but this was the first time someone else was involved. There was an urge to just transform and take the cases but these days it seemed like going into uniform just caused more problems.

"C'mon Teal, hand it over and we will owe you, yadda yadda yadda, even Steven."

Makoto

Makoto watches Shijetsua handle Magnificence in Teal. Observing Shijetsua as much as the transaction itself, she's still not sure of her partner's age. She's rather tall, for one. Based on the cigarette, she would have guessed high school even, but she's got to be a magical girl. She suppresses a wry grin. It's kind of funny, the take-no-shit attitude Shijetsua's already got.

She suspects she'll see why soon though. She hopes she can help shoulder some of the load now, so to speak.

Sohma

The little ghost grins at the Captain - sharp sharp teeth - expression slack and bemused.

She grabs a case file from the desk, and bows languidly, flicking through the pages as she heads for the door.

The umbrella in the stand by the door blows a raspberry at her.

She promptly responds by standing on it's tongue. It yelp,s withdraws it's offensive appendage, and pouts, whimpering.

So what do you have here?

Hyuuga Yuko

Form: Magical Girl

---Normal---
Wounds: 0/4

Cha: 5

Int: 3

Tcy: 6
---Magic---
Resolve: 18/18

Hrt: 4 (sup)

Fury: 7 (atk)

Mag: 7 (def)

Unlimited

Guardian, Free, 1 Ocharge

Reflector, Free

Shield, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Scene

(3) Boost, Free, 1 Ocharge

(1) Teleport, Minor, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Episode

(2) Recover, out of combat

(1) Regeneration, Free
---Notes---
Apologies for the lateness all!

- I have a partner now... -

She smiled to herself a little as she quickly made her way to her desk and grabbed the new file on top of her desk, off-handedly tossing yet another hopeful heart-decorated envelope into her waste basket. The little cry of despair it made as it fell into her giggling waste basket was something she ignored with long amounts of practice, likewise the the sounds of combat between the two.

- This place is just weird. -

Chuckling to herself as she saw the little interaction between Sohma and the umbrella, she followed her partners lead, pausing long enough to give the umbrella a soothing pat.

"So, I take it this will be your first patrol?"

She opened up with the question to Sohma, as she quickly scanned through the file and walked through the living doors, each one had an eye and a warm grin for each officer who entered and left the station.

"I don't think I've ever seen you leave hq before."

• The world outside the Precinct is just as strange as it was inside it. The street runs left to right, interspersed with countless little alleyways and pockmarked with shrines and symbols wherever they might fit. Above you, the building churn and twist into the sky, disappearing into the light in a way that hurts your mind. Schools of clinking papery fish cut through the air at regular intervals. A massive ogre rolls an equally gargantuan coin along the street, grumbling about tax rebates. A pair of birds in traditional samurai gear, complete with miniature katana, watch you as you exit the building, each offering a kurt bow as you pass them. Same old, same old really.

The file details your combined caseload, but the three biggest contenders for attention are a series of dog disappearances, a series of influxes of seemingly contagious bad luck, and an apparently very serious noise complaint.

Shijetsua

Giving a dismissive wave as she takes the files, Shijetsua starts thumbing through them while speaking to herself. As soon as she finishes a page, she plops it into her partners hand and reads off the next, trying to commit all the details to memory.

"Shoe robbery, probably got off on the wrong foot....Rivers an issue again, crap always flows downstream...Red and green gangs, always seeming to clash colors..."

Finishing up she turns to Makoto. "Alright slick, we've got a bit of a load to go through now. Shoe theft gets low priority since the least amount of people can get hurt from it right now but the river and gangs are both crap shoots. River could be anything from an irritated wishing fish to one of those grabby monster spirits like we had last year. Gangs are always a problem but I've got an in with the Red's. Green could be a problem. Which way would you go with it?"

The slender, pale wisp of a girl gulps at the receptionists words. She's on the verge of tears from her own failure to arrive on time- having shown up clad in her uniform worn over her pajama's, rather than having had time to properly get changed. She gulps as she bolts towards the Captain's office- speaking briefly to the fish-monster.

"I know I know I knowwwww! Oh no, oh no, oh nononononononooo!" She cries out- well, it's vaguely directed in the fish-beasts area, at least. She runs through the precinct- headed straight for the Captain's office. On the way, she idly reflects on how much worse this is than being late to school used to feel. This is her task- her purpose, her reason for continuing on without her family. She has to be the best- not some slovenly slothful fool- she reminds herself.. and by the time she's bolting into the Captain's office, her expression has shifted from tearful despair, to resolute steel.

She bows her head upon entering the room, and speaks softly. "My apologies, Sir. My alarm clock malfunctioned, and woke me too late. I will accept whatever punishment is necessary, but please let me go out to serve today, at least."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back