• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MGPD

Sohma

The apparition grins, wide fangs at her partner, "I like dogs~ How about we go find some lost little pups?"

She waves the first described mission at her knightly counterpart languidly, "I sure as hell hope somethin' hasn't been eatin' them..."

The doubleact seemed so at odds standing next to one another. Such polar opposites. She bats stray crystalline dragonflies out of her billowing robes.

Makoto

Makoto stares. She's a beat behind, but by the time Shijetsua's done sorting through the case files, Makoto is holding back a wholly inappropriate urge to snicker.

"Thanks, Teal."

"Sorting out the gangs sounds important." she manages in an almost level voice. She can't help grinning. "We'll fit in okay though? I mean, we won't get in trouble with our school uniforms?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyuuga Yuko

Form: Magical Girl

---Normal---
Wounds: 0/4

Cha: 5

Int: 3

Tcy: 6
---Magic---
Resolve: 18/18

Hrt: 4 (sup)

Fury: 7 (atk)

Mag: 7 (def)

Unlimited

Guardian, Free, 1 Ocharge

Reflector, Free

Shield, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Scene

(3) Boost, Free, 1 Ocharge

(1) Teleport, Minor, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Episode

(2) Recover, out of combat

(1) Regeneration, Free
---Notes---
n/a

Taking in the sights as she practically inhaled the almost literally magic in the air, Yuko found herself greeting and otherwise acknowledging the…odd citizens of the magical city. A returned bow to the tsubasa clan retainers (…how do they even have top knots?), Sal, the ogre who owns her favourite place in the entire city (“Hey Sal! Watch out for the…oh, umm, never mind…”), and a few others.

Sohma’s words have her thinking and shrugging as she took one last look at her case files. While the contagious bad luck called to her, the fact was, she needed to know how her partner worked, so…

“Sounds good.”

…puppies it was.

Shijetsua

"With the Reds, we won't have a problem. I know their gang leader, he's been helpful in rounding up the more harmful spirits and he keeps their little community free of anything too nasty. Greens on the other hand, we may need to transform for. Don't know much about them except they hate the Reds."

Shijetsua shrugs once, taking a drag on the cigarette. Her relationship with the Reds wasn't as cut and dry as she made it out to be. A shaky truce between the two, spurred on by the shaky relationship she had white their leader, If you could call it that.

"Alright newb, if we are going after the gangs, let's go see the Reds and see what they have to say."

• The Red and Green gangs are a pair of the biggest gangs in the Realm, part of the Spectrum Seven, intensely connected with the Four Cardinal Courts, the Elemental Pillars, and only a few steps below the Endless in terms of power.

That's at least true regarding the upper parts of the factions. However, the lower down the organisations one goes, the more prone to fractious infighting, petty feuds, and pointless fixation each sect becomes.

The Stop Red Light and Green Means Go sects are pretty low down in terms of the totem pole of general influence, and are almost always having some sort of issue with each other. Mostly it tends to be small squabbles in need of outside arbitration, usually handed off to one of the Realm Precincts, but this time it's directly affected the Mortal World.

According to the official report, there was a disturbance in Crossroads Central, messing up the signals in a Mortal World intersection and causing a small traffic accident. There's not a lot of details on the Mortal World accident, but it's started a pretty large hubbub in the Crossroads. Stop Red Light is blaming Green Means Go, and Green Means Go is blaming Stop Red Light, and tensions are escalating between them and spreading through their parent factions.

Proper procedure in this kind of situation would be one of three actions; Questioning the involved gang members, checking out the site of the Mortal World incident, or investigating the site of the Realm incident in Crossroads Central. But that's only proper procedure...

Kurosawa bows her head in a swift motion, clasping her hands together.

"Hai, Captain!" She says briefly- before snapping out of that posture to smile gently. The smile doesn't quite reach her eyes, but it's happy enough. She turns to her partner and bows her head slightly. "Hai, Partner-San. It is nice to meet you, I hope we can work well together- please take care of me." She says with a gentle smile- before looking to the Captain and beaming gently. "Captain-Sama, what is our task for the day then?" She inquires- a gentle smile on her face.

Inwardly, her lateness is just another reminder that her father isn't around to take care of and love her anymore, and it hurts more than she shows- after all. She's still used to having a father to wake her up in the mornings and play with her after school, not waking up on her own to go slay monsters.. but she can't show pain. That would make others sad, after all, and that is something she absolutely won't do.

Hyuuga Yuko

---Normal---

---Magic---

Unlimited

Reflector, Free

Shield, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Scene

Per Episode

(1) Regeneration, Free
---Notes---
n/a

Well now, this was worrying.

"So," Yuko started up as she stopped walking and sat down on a chair-like tree that quickly grew out of the ground.

At this she blinked and looked up from the case folder. Ah. Their walk about led them to one of the many, many centres in the vast Magical City..and from the looks of it, it was the centre that the food carts and farmers gathered under the massive oak tree, one of her usual haunts in the city, which was probably why she could instinctively sit down with no issue. The tree always provided seats and other such surfaces for everyone who passed through.

"...anyways, so," she sighed at her own absent-mindedness as two other trees grew in front of her, a tree similar to hers as an obvious chair and a flat-topped tree in between the two chairs as the table. "We have disappearing dogs and dog-like spirits both in the Mundane and Magical worlds. How do you think we should start this?"

In her games with her parents, Yuko understood that the first thing one needed to do was explore the area under investigation and question those around it. Lower Hetfield would be the safest place to start all things considered, then to the deepwoods area. Hopefully, this was just a case of dogs and dog spirits passing through an open Gateway.

However, Sohma might see more than that.

In fact, Yuko was betting on it.

Sohma

She didn't sit, instead she grabs a smiling blood orange from the growing garden furniture trees, and bites into it with her sharp little teeth, candy red juice dripping down her chin and painting her grin a suspicious shade.

"Easy~ Head for Hetfield," she rolls the fruit in her black suited palms, "If there's an open connection, it'd be were they're coming to and from. Easier to pick up a trail in Mortal World than in Deep Woods. Too much spiritual juju interference,"

She tosses the leftovers to a pair of koifish in diving gear, that has been eyeing it keenly from the pond nearby.

"Shouldn't be too hard~," she doesn't wait for her knightly partner to rise, and instead turns heel and begins heading towards their intended destination, with a spring in her step.

Makoto

Makoto mentally reviews the steps proper procedure would dictate. She doesn't see anything wrong with using an existing contact, as long as they could get both sides of the story.

It takes her longer to read through it, but she finally passes the last of the documents back to Teal. "Where do the Reds like to hang out?" she asks, falling into step with Shijetsua.

Hyuuga Yuko

---Normal---

---Magic---

Unlimited

Reflector, Free

Shield, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Scene

Per Episode

(1) Regeneration, Free
---Notes---
n/a

A simple nod as she stood from her comfortable seat was her answer to her partner's plan, and as the monochrome girl picked a fruit from the table, Yuko focused her magic into two bronze coins and placed it on the wooden surface. The Tree never gave its services out for free after all, luckily its price was a simple bit of magic, mana given a physical form, it was one of the first things she learned to do when she first made her contract.

"I'm thinking we exit some place close to Hetfield, but not in the woods, that way we will be to check the Gate on the mundane side just to make sure there's nothing wrong with them," she threw out the suggestion to Sohma as they left the food cart-filled square.

Shijetsua

"They can't be too far from the scene, I think. Some sort of local hangout probably, let's go and check it out."

She shoves her hands into the pockets of her school uniform and starts off towards the the ace of the gang confrontation. Spirits keep clear of her path, leaving a a wake for Makoto to follow in.

• It's a short enough walk to Crossroads Central. After all, it's just around every corner with the right step.

Upon getting there, it's clear to see that it's complete and total chaos. Intersections run slipshod through the square, over and under countless bridges, all denoted with a forest of signs and constantly changing traffic lights. Each road was a neverending stream of spiritual vehicles, clouds, cars, dragons, and horses, to name but a few. They were either hurtling down each junction with reckless abandon under the blare of green lights, or stock still, roaring, beeping and hollering at the piercing glow of red.

Everywhere, at every juncture, crimson red statues seemed to be holding screaming contests, arguing with vibrating emerald imps, while yellow serpents slid between them.

As the pair of you approach, one particular red statue shaped like an enormous fist, turns to face you. It rolls its fingers as it addresses you in a deep, baritone voice.

"STOP!" it orders. "What do you bunnies want?"

Bunnies is short for Blue Bunnies or BBs, a derogatory term for 13th Precinct MGPD, similar to how Mortal World Police are referred to as Pigs.

Shijetsua

"Drop the act big man before I bring you in for obstruction with intent to possess a mortal. I don't care if anything sticks, it'll make me laugh the entire time." Shijetsua comes right up to the statue, matching the bravado put out by the statue. "Now, before your cuticles get all rumpled up, tell me in your words what I'm looking at here?"

She knew well and truly what she was looking at, traffic jam on the cross roads to end all cross roads. Greens and Reds being pit against each other by gang fed hatred, Yellows probably egging things on. Already she was getting looks in her school girl uniform but she wasn't sure if she'd be transforming for a situation so trite. Sure it looked big and messy, but that's how the crossroads always looked.

The older girl looks back at her partner, trying to get a non verbal read for how she was feeling.

Kurosawa smiles and nods, bowing her head respectfully to her partner.

"It's good to meet you as well. I hope we can become the dearest of friends while working together, Sarutobi-san." She says gently- before turning to bow to the Captain, positively beaming with positive energy and good will.

"Hai! Very well then. If we are dismissed, then.." She rises, as they are pointed to the door- and waiting for her partner at the door, she is soon moving out to head to the secretary, naturally sliding in to take the lead. "So, Sarutobi-San, what kind of caseload where you working with until now? I'd like to get a good feel for both what kind of work I'll be doing with you, and what kind of a person you are, hai?" She suggests calmly, as she starts to lead the way towards one of the local Aides to ask to be reminded of her own caseload.

Sohma

The little ghost grins, giving their opposing guardians a long and slightly over-elaborate pantomine bow.

"Greetings and Salutations~" she purrs up at them, "Just passin' through, no need for fuss~"

She jabs a thumb at the bridge beyond, "On the lookout for some missin' puppy dogs. You seen any fluffums, or said fluffum snitchers?"

Makoto

There's still stars exploding behind her eyes after she follows Shijetsua, taking that strange shortcut. Straight-up poleaxed, Makoto forces her eyes to stay open. What kind of hangout was this?

"STOP! What do you bunnies want?"

Realising that the flashing lights won't be stopping anytime soon, she allows herself a few blinks. She belatedly pastes on her best reassuring smile for Shijetsua.

She kind of wishes she hadn't de-transformed on the way over though. Now she doesn't have her cap to shield her eyes. Not that'd it help her ears. At least Shijetsua's voice is easy enough to pick out from the commotion. She doesn't sound at all rattled.

So Makoto directs her pasted-on grin to the blustering red statue and draws out a pen with a click-click. Intent to possess a mortal, eh?

Hyuuga Yuko

---Normal---

---Magic---

Unlimited

Reflector, Free

Shield, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Scene

Per Episode

(1) Regeneration, Free
---Notes---
n/a

Yuko actually took a minute to just look at her new partner with one of those big sister ‘what just happened to you child?’ looks as she tried resolve the nervous wreck back in the office with the…the…the…well, there was a word for it Yuko was not interested in it for now. Yeah sure, all magical girls go through a minor personality change or feel more free to be themselves, but this…

“Ah well,” she sighed as she squared her shoulders and looked up, and up, and…dear lord almighty someone had been eating their cereal, then tapped the badge in the centre of her breastplate. “Cosmic Guardian-“ seriously, the one behind these dumbass names will one day suffer at her hands “-Dazzling Valkryie of the 13th Precinct, I’m here with my Partner,” a gesture to Sohma who was free to introduce herself. “To investigate reports of missing dogs and their related spirits and beings. If you would let us pass, we can get the investigation started.”

• The statue snorts, but begrudgingly lets the pair of you pass.

"You're looking at an average day in Grand Central Crossroads. Anyplace at all can be gotten to from here, so long as you move down the correct turn," it intones rather proudly.

"We, the STOP RED LIGHT! ensure the orderly passage of others by allowing all things to stop. Those GREEN MEANS GO gangers, they hype up everything to move every which way, without any sort of concern for timing or order."

The hand turns to you both once more, glowing rather impressively for something that has no recognizable face.

"Now was there something you wanted, or are you simply here for a sightseeing?"

A gentle, serene smile with a confident nod as she looks on. A warm giggle at the joke, and a blink as she is questioned about herself.

"Hrm.... Well, I live by myself too, nowadays; the department takes care of me, mostly, y'know..? My grades are.. uhm.." Here she blushes brighter. "O-kayyyy..? I sorta.... don't study much, so I just sorta... I make do, I guess.." She chuckles awkwardly at that, rubbing the back of her head. "I like work, though. I really, really like what we're doing here- helping people, and protecting them from things they couldn't deal with themselves... you know? It feels good- and I think it's more important than the rest of my life anyway, right?" She says- a serene calm finding her as she speaks about work, rather than her embarrassing private life.

"Mrm.. now, let's see.." She muses- as they reach their destination. She looks to the Aide they've cornered- and grins. "Hello! All your caseloads are belong to us. Giveee uss the workk!" She says in a joking tone- before giggling. "No, but.. I believe our caseloads have been combined, yeah? I'd like to get started."

Shijetsua

"Well STOP RED LIGHT! has gotten themselves on the radar again with some issue the Greens are blaming on you guys. Mind pointing my partner and I in the direction of whatever problem is cropping up? You know I've got a soft spot for the Reds, we like stopping things just as much as you guys in the precinct and we just want to STOP! whatever is cropping up."

She gives the statue a friendly pat, making sure to yell at the appropriate moments before looking over at Makoto. "We will probably have to transform to get down through all this traffic. We change back right after alright?"

Makoto

Oh. They're wading into that? Well alrighty. Makoto nods and manages to get the pen back into her pocket without looking. "Gotcha. So who's up first?" Grinning bemusedly, she squints at the crowd.

Sohma

She grins, wide and slightly leering when coupled with such pale eyes, and gives a theatrical salute to the pair of them, "Thanking you kindly~!"

She proceeds to then stride past them both with gaping steps into the gloom beyond, looking for anything suspicious.

"You coming, Shiny?" she cocks an eyebrow over her shoulder at her companion, "Any good with four leggers?"

Hyuuga Yuko

---Normal---

---Magic---

Unlimited

Reflector, Free

Shield, 1 Sup Ocharge

Per Scene

Per Episode

(1) Regeneration, Free
---Notes---
n/a

Bowing in thanks to the armours as they entered the Gate, Yuko looked to her Partner and ruefully shook her head.

"We never had pets at home," maybe it had something to do with the fact that her mother somehow always scared every animal they'd ever met stiff. "Mother is...she is not all that good with animals." She finished, wincing a little at he memory of a trained police dog yelping and sprinting away in fear of her. "So, because of that I don't really have much experience in handling them. How about you?"

She asked the question as they walked into the Gate.

Sohma

"I love me some dogs," she finally slows, keeping in pace with her partner for the first time, "Can't stand people who'd wish 'em harm. S'why I'mma pummel anyone who tries,"

She cracks her black veiled knuckles.

"Folks never let me have a dog. No pets in the apartment complex, see?" she pouts glumly.

She keeps her ears and eyes pricked for telltale signs of travel between the bridge.

• The hand tilts itself to the side, but the tone of its voice is noticeable pleased.

"You should probably go talk to Boss Red Light. He'll give you bu-.. officers the deal. He's up that way," explains the statue, pointing with its entirety to a huge tower shaped like a traffic light, somehow jutting from the center of the mess of traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back