• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Metal Gear Rising: Tactical Cooperative Action- First Party

"We've only got security footage from the first few seconds of the attack. From what we've seen, they're nothing special: HF Macs, crappy AK-47s, and augs that an African warlord could afford. This'll be a quick operation, for sure. So, if you're all ready, you better stand back."

The soldier aims his arm-mounted machine gun at the floor just under the shutter and opens fire. Shards of concrete flake off like paint chips under a barrage of heavy fire. When the dust clears, there's a small crater sticking out under the shutter. Using the crater to fit his armored hand, the soldier grips the shutter and yanks it upward. The soldier stomps away from the fresh aperture, and gently beckons you in.

"Good luck!"

Eel set the box down, whereupon it unfolded into a small, squarish drone, supported by four propellers spaced at equal intervals around the machine's blocky central control unit, underneath which sat a stripped-down automatic rifle. The entire assembly, about the size of a man's torso, dangled in the air at shoulder height. He strolled by the woman groaning about the heat (Wasn't she a cyborg? Someone should check her internals.) and watched as the soldier tore out a crater.

"Coulda' bruced it if ya gave me a chance, sardine.", He jabbed a thumb at one of the lightly-armed soldiers, "And someone get the lunchmeat on barricade duty, we want the pigs as far from here as we can keep 'em! Fuckin' amateur hour in here, I swear."

As the clad man brings the shutters up, Grasshopper kneels to put his legs into Attack Mode. They emit a faint red hue before settling back to being unlit. While down, he puts his pistol at the ready and takes an assessment of the situation, ready to find and take cover if need be.

"Who cares who the peasants are? They'll be slaughtered like the dogs they are." She said with a chuckle. Then she processed someone touching her shoulder. She quickly glanced back and gave a glare. "Don't touch the royalty unless I say so."

Then the soldier gave some more information upon the peasantry. "Oh I'll enjoy myself then, especially if there are some grovelers among them." Opening her mouth she quickly licked her lips, before shutting it again and smirking. Then the only entrance, the wretched crawlspace was shut open. "Now then, lets exterminate these peasants." She said aiming her minigun forward, while preparing to execute the foolish peasantry who captured this domain.

Blue grins. "Let's get this show on the road. Before we get started, though, anybody need a tune-up? I can fuck around with your adrenaline levels and shit. It's probably safe."

"No? No takers? All right, then." He opens his coat and fastens his Surgical Whaddayacallit to his upper right arm. "I'm ready."

Jokes on them, I don't crawl. Hummingbird nods. "I guess we're ready then. After me". He drops to his back and his boosters activate. He slides into the opening, assault rifle in hand. I hope these assholes crawl fast.

Fantastic I have a meat-shield in place. "It'll be most amusing. I am only curious on how many points I shall assign these peasants to be worth." Princess smirked as she lowered down and directed her mini-gun in such a way it'd be as conducive as possible to crawling. She proceeded to follow Hummingbird into the entrance-way.

"Fuckin' shit! How'd I end up getting left behind?" Blue dropped to all sixes and scurried rapidly behind Princess into the tunnel. "Shit, bitch, get your rear in gear! It's time to move move move!"

"So uh..." Eel scratched his head, watching the conga line of his squadmates crawl under the door. He addressed one of the armored soldiers, "How you doin' man? Those things got AC?"

As your eyes adjust to the darkness of the lobby, the first word that comes to mind is "massacre". The dismembered remains of the front desk act as a macabre centerpiece to the whole affair. Judging from the look of the windows, people tried to escape but were stopped in their tracks by the metal shutters. The air is thick with the smell of blood, though the smell of gunpowder is just as prominent.

A set of footprints marked in blood suggests that whoever did this took a circuitous route. They had apparently moved to the lobby solely to clear it out, before heading back the way they came.

Grasshopper slowly makes his way through and enters the lobby and gets a reading of his surroundings.

Oh holy shit it smells like concentrated war in here. Well, at least there are no "necessary casualties" to worry about.

Grasshopper approaches a set of the recently deceased and calls over to Baboon: "Baboon, let's get a look at these... um, people? Maybe we can get a little more information with any sort of technology that we haven't heard about by analyzing the holes and trauma they made."

After getting through, she quickly entered the lobby. Princess glanced around at her surroundings. "This is what they've done?" Princess tilted her head to the left. "Ten points. They will be worth ten points a piece."

After entering the room, the stench of death in the room made Rainbow Cougar cringe. She already was accustomed to seeing scenes like that, but not so much to smelling them in a hot airtight environment. Luckily for her, cyborgs could choose to block any of their senses if they wanted.

"Bwah! What the hell happened here?" - she said - "Can you really do THIS with 'crappy AK47'?". The girl stood silent while browsing the map of the building in her HUD, trying to find the terrorists' position and potential alternative routes to sneak behind them, but with no luck. "Mister, where are the bastards?" - she asked to Intel over her Codec, still lost in her thoughts - "Does this building have no air conducts? I really expected better of a skyscraper in Brazil."

"Can you really do THIS with 'crappy AK47'?", the other woman shouted

Eel crawled through the crevice, guiding Molly with one hand as he did so, "Technically they're more likely to be using the AK-101 or 103 seeing as they got it through secu-", Eel choked a second on the stench before shutting off his nose, "-Augh, mother of shit! Anyways, at a guess I'd say high-grade plastic components loaded with Hi-Ex if anything. Nasty shit, my baby Molly here uses it for hard targets."

Blue stood up, drinking in the smell. "Damn, this is awesome," he declared to nobody in particular. "Although we should check for survivors or information or shit like that. Ain't good to go into a fight without knowing who's who and what's what, right?"

He began to stroll through the wreckage, tossing rubble about and checking bodies for signs of life.

A cursory examination of the bodies reveals that a large majority of the casualties were from cuts, not bullet impacts. Deep gashes were torn into the bodies, if they weren't completely dismembered.

The few bodies over by the windows are largely more intact. The main cause of death here was crushing, though the color of some of the bodies' skin is much too... green to be caused by just cyborg strength.

Your amateur (for Pintsize, somewhat professional) autopsy is cut short by the sound of gunshots. They appear to have come from the offices just ahead. Maybe you can catch the culprits and, hopefully, some survivors.

((Just a heads-up, I will most likely be unable to post at all for the next five or so hours. Family outings are quite fun, aren't they?))

Green, huh? It's too soon for putrefaction to occur naturally. This probably isn't good.

"Yo, bitches!" Blue stood up. "There's something weird going on with these bodies. Watch out for bio-weapons or something. Don't lick any doorknobs, don't inhale clouds of weird-lookin' smoke, and don't touch anything that ain't colored right, got it? I'ma stay back here and see if I can figure out what killed these chumps."

Quickly, he knelt down again and set to work on the nearest green corpse. Okay. First, let's see if there are any other symptoms accompanying this shit. I should probably start with the facial area, then move into the body cavity. There probably ain't anything too funky going on with the extremities, so I'll save those for last. Once I get a couple symptoms, I'll see if they match any disease or poison I know. If that fails, WebMD probably won't let me down.

This is just distasteful. Hummingbird skates along the floor on his jets, stopping near the door. "Yo, assholes, princess, on me. We got a chance to catch these guys while they're busy killing someone that ain't us, let's take it". He prepares himself, aiming his gun at the door and waiting for the others.

Princess tilted her head back up, as she pondered on whether ten points was to be the proper amount of their worth. She gave a quick nod to herself, confirming her judgement was just. With an elegant stride she headed towards the door, as she aimed her minigun arm forward. "The filthy vermin will die like the dogs they are." She said, preparing for the hunt.

Grasshopper stays back to find a suitable cover for himself and gets his sights trained on the door, ready to take anybody out if and when the door opens up.

Blue Baboon closely examines the body. Beyond the ragged knuckles and caved-in skull, you can just barely see the inside of the mouth has apparently been burned by something. Maybe there's a trace of the chemical used in this person's saliva. ((pass a Medicine check to make an uneducated guess as to the chemical's composition.. The score you're trying to beat is +1, due to the unusual nature of the poison used.))

As Electronic Eel sidles up to the front desk's computer terminal, a number of options appear:

1. Recent guest admissions
  2. Office layout
  3. Security Camera recordings (ERROR: FOOTAGE CORRUPTED) ((pass a Hacking check of +1 or higher to reconstruct the corrupted footage. A higher score means a better reconstruction))

As the rest of the team walks through the door, you find nothing but an empty corridor, lined with offices. Better be careful, these offices might be occupied.

"Might as well see what we're up against.", Eel mumbled as he attempted to reconstruct the data, "Yo, Molly, go keep an eye on the squad for me."

The drone moved out to the edge of its range, ready to offer support fire- as soon as someone was manning the controls, of course.

[dice]3137[/dice]

[dice]3141[/dice]

Translating this shit to the actual system gives me a result of 3 on my roll.

Blue Baboon's eyes widen as he examines the saliva. "What is this? What is this!? This-this can't possibly be!"

He turns around and grins at nobody in particular. "Nah, I was just fuckin' with y'all. I totally expected this. What killed these bitches was...

(Hacking check 0,0,0,1+3=total of +4) Electronic Eel's eyes light up as he views the "corrupted" files. These idiots just renamed the files! Chuckling to yourself, you open the most recent recording.

Most of the logs aren't anything special. Nothing for a few minutes, shutters go down, squad of cyborgs come in, and suddenly your recording's been turned into a snuff film. However, one camera in particular has caught something important.

The scene appears to be a portion of the building relegated to being a small museum, judging by the display cases filled with weapons and iterations of the company's logo. About five minutes in, you see the security shutters go down. Two minutes later, a
sinkhole appears in the middle of the room! You guess you know how the cyborgs managed to get in, now. Your suspicions are confirmed when you see several figures climbing out of the sinkhole. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7...8,9,10? Intel was wrong, there's ten cyborgs in the building! As you watch, seven of the figures form up and move out... in the opposite direction of the lobby.

You try to find the security tapes for the lobby and other rooms, but it appears that the cameras have been destroyed. Weird how these guys were savvy enough to infiltrate the facility from below and disable all outgoing signals, but not to destroy one simple camera.

(Medicine check -1,0,0,+1,+3 total of +3)

A quick examination of the subject's mouth reveals a cornucopia of disgusting information.

1. Burns and dessicated flesh in the throat and roof of the mouth suggest both an aerosolized substance and something with basic properties
  2. Chemical samples taken from saliva reveal a compound composed primarily of arsenic.
  3. This guy's got 90 Brazillian reals in his pocket! You'6e not sure of the exchange rate, but cash is cash!

Final prognosis: These people have been gassed by some arsenic gas mixed with... what the fuck is basic? Ah, let's just call it bleach. These guys've been huffing bleach cut with arsenic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eel opened comms, "Hoi chummers, We got at least ten hostiles, and they sure as hell don't look like your average gutterpunk. I think we're dealing with some kinda' fraggin' mole-men here; sumbitches come right up outta the ground like they're some kinda- I don't even know what to call it, but if I had to guess, this is an extraction job, black-ops squad, the Illuminati, or possibly that Johnson I burned three years ago in Mongolia. Anyways, watch your back, conserve ammo, you know the rest. And for the love of god get behind some slotting cover; nobody wants to see your floor routine. Eel out."

He selected "Recent Guest Admissions". "Aight, lessee if any a' sad sacks a' lunchmeat are worth kidnapping.", he mumbled to no one in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back