• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Medieval Nation Building RP

AlphaBlue

One Time Luck
The year is 1357. The terrible black plague has rushed through Europe, causing death, decay and destruction everywhere. Millions are dead, nations have been destroyed, and Europe is left tattered. With the plague finally leaving the known world, local peasants find the nobility either dead or gone. Huge social shifts bring out new rulers and new royalty, as the known world changes. New Kingdoms and Empires rise from the ashes of once great nations. Will you conquer Europe as its new King?

This RP will be a turn-based game of building nations and role-playing your characters. Turns will be done when everyone is finished, and orders will be given by you to enhance your countries. Starting small but growing in size over time, your nations will fight in wars, engage in both trade and diplomacy, and ultimately create powerful alliances.

Due to some interest, I am developing a point based system. Territories will give a certain amount of points that can then be spent on various things. The three main resources in the game will be Production, Food, and Wealth. Every territory will have these resources and capturing them brings the territories into your empire.

I will also be taking applications soon. For the first turn, to make sure everything works well, I will only be accepting at most 5 players. I will need at least 3 to start the game at all.

Application

Faction Name:

Main Culture:

Main Religion:

Region Claimed:

Government Type:

Leader’s Name:

Short History:

Please fill the application out immediately if you would like to play a faction in the game. Religion and culture will both be influential in the territories that you can realistically conquer. A Kingdom in Denmark will have trouble conquering and holding onto English territories for example. The same goes for Religion.

In Region claimed, please tell me the area in which you would like to start out in. The map is available to look at below. A reminder that you will be given 3 pieces of land to grab and that different regions have different focuses for resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in this, but most likely I will stand by and watch the RP unfold. I like these kinds of RP's, but they either die really quick or they get too complicated and confusing. There is the rare occasion they have tons of unanswered questions or they just don't die though.

That is perfectly fine. To keep up with the posting and roleplaying, I am only allowing a small amount of players at first. I do not want to be overwhelmed at the beginning.

The system will mostly be point based, with territories giving out points for three main resources. These points comprise the most basic parts of a nation, from its production to its wealth.

Good to see some interest.

I will be adding more to the OP so keep an eye on it. In the meantime, start thinking of your nations, its history, etc.

ksTgr1U.png

This will be the map we will be using for the game. Everyone will start out small obviously, but even as small nations, I believe I will start you all with 3 territories to choose from.

Also, I ask that we make cultured countries that make sense. No Norse Republic in Egypt.

Thank you again for the interest.

I have updated the OP and will be doing so throughout the game. Please check back periodically.

Wonderful. I will be putting the applications for nations up tonight. I would like this filled out as soon as possible.

While I am doing this, I will also be working on the forum itself. I am not used to RP Nations system but I will hopefully figure it out before the game begins.

Does anyone have any ideas or questions they have for me regarding the game itself?

By my tail, an actual living NBRP! I thought those were extinct. Haven't seen one for a year or two anyway *woof*

Now Wolf won't be taking part but I wish you the best of luck, truly. May you resurrect the trend *howl*

There is definitely room SaintHound.

Please fill out the application that has been added to the OP everyone. I am getting ready to build the thread soon and hopefully we can start this if everybody gets on board quickly.

Faction Name:

la fraternité de l'égalité

(The brotherhood of equality)

Main Culture:

French Enlightenment Period

Main Religion:

Protestantism

Region Claimed:

French Northwest Coast

Government Type:

Constitutional Monarchy

Leader’s Name:

King: Jaques Robespierre

Speaker of House: Francois de Claudette

Short History:

WIP

Dead, unfortunately, you will not be able to create a Protestant nation UNLESS you create the entire religion yourself and explain how in your history. Protestantism did not come around until the 1500's.

Faction Name:

The Western Empire

Main Culture:

Chinese

Main Religion:

Some Peasants practice Islam, but Nobles are usually Chinese, and believe in traditional mythology. They have also taught their soldiers this doctrine, hoping it will replace the beliefs of the conquered Mohammedans.

Region Claimed:

Persia and the Middle East, as well as Turkey

Government Type:

Empire

Leader’s Name:

Cai Jiao Lin: Empress/Bai Cheneng: Marshal

Short History:

The Western Empire was created when a vast Chinese flotilla defected from the service of the Chinese Emperor, formed their own government, and sailed west, eventually landing north of the Red Sea, and conquering the caliphates of the desert. This process took a good many years, but eventually most of the desert belonged to the Lins. Unfortunately, the first emperor of the Western Empire and his wife were unable to produce a male child, and were forced to sit their eldest daughter upon the throne, with the provision that her rule was overseen by a loyal and capable general.

I too find great interest in this; so if there is room, it'd be a pleasure to take part!

Faction Name: Neo Vasilio Vizantiou (New Byzantine Empire) Aka Roman Empire

Main Culture:Greek/Roman

Main Religion: Greek Orthodox

Region Claimed:Balkans states, Italy, Cyprus. Has claims to Turkey

Government Type: Theocratic, Council of Archbishops

Leader’s Name: De Jeur: Jesus Christ. De facto: Archbishop Makarios "first amongst equal"

Short History: WIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back