• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Medieval 1 x 1 Search

KateMcKoy

Hi all, I'm Kate.

I am brand new to the site but have been RPing for the better part of a decade. Still, I know very little about how to make fancy, coded interest checks. If my boring, simple message interests you at all, please reply or PM me as I'm too new to send PMs myself.

A little about me:

I'm 23, post-grad, working as a writer and editor. I live in the Rocky Mountain region. I generally RP MxF pairings (I will play male or female) or FxF pairings.

REQUIREMENTS:

- Please be 18+

- Try to reply at least one time per day

- I am not a grammar or length snob because I think it's elitist and classist and just plain rude, which I don't stand for. What matters to me is that you can carry on a story in interesting ways that go beyond the cliche. I love long, detailed replies, but have read plenty of 6+ paragraph replies that are boring AF.

GENRES:

I'm really only interested in one brand of RP right now: Medieval or Medieval Fantasy. I am open to ALL sorts of plots within that specific genre. I'll include a few of my ideas, but selecting one is optional.

Two ideas that intrigue me:

Join the Fight: An army of rebels are preparing to overthrow a wicked king. Their leader? Muse A, the rightful king whose family was murdered when the usurper stole the throne over a decade before. At the plot's start, the rebels meet an unlikely aide to their cause: Muse B, the wife of the usurper who had disappeared from the palace five years earlier. The usurper blamed the rebels for kidnapping her, but in reality she escaped of her own free will, unwilling to live alongside such a cruel man. After years in hiding, she is ready to join the fight against her own husband to put Muse A back on the throne.

Gods and Monsters: Centuries ago, a terrible war broke out between humans and the Fae. When humans won, the Fae disappeared behind the gates into a realm humans had never entered. In the mortal realm, all evidence of the Fae -- their temples, their relics, their palaces -- were destroyed, reducing an entire race to nothing more than demonic legend; stories of evil creatures to scare children with. Now, all that is supernatural is regarded as pure evil, but the people of the kingdom have no clue that their rulers, Muse A's family, are descended from the Fae king himself. It's a secret passed down from parent to child by word alone, for written records would prove too dangerous.

They wait for the time the Fae can return to the mortal realm, but until then must do all they can to disguise their true lineage. To do this, they must take a human spouse and earn their love by the time Fae magic begins to manifest, typically around twenty or twenty one years of age. The love of a human stifles a Fae's wildness, suppresses the magic, and prevents physical transformation.

At twenty years old, Muse A's time is running out. That's when he meets Muse B.

Muse B was hired (by someone with less-than-honorable intentions) to go to the palace to earn Muse A's favor...and to be a spy, for the employer rightfully suspects that the royals are hiding a major secret.

But no one (not even Muse B) knows that Muse B also has Fae blood within them.

Upon Muse A and B's first meeting, magic that is supposed to be stifled and quelled slowly awakens -- then ignites.

Feel free to suggest any other plots or ideas!

PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back