• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom medbay

OOC
Here
Tasha enters the room behind Mike, careful not to bump into anything. "Let's put them on one of the beds, we don't have a proper morgue so it'll have to do." She'd maneuver Louis' body onto the bed, fixing them to lay on their back. "Have you calmed down yet?" She would say as she pulled a sheet off another bed to drap over the body. "I know you're suspicious of me."
She'd take a step back and sit on the adjacent bed. "But unfortunately Tammy and I were together when Louis died. So I'm sorry for bursting your bubble."
Walnutt Walnutt

Shortly after Mike and Tasha enter Medbay, Peyton joins with them. His helmet is on, however, one of his brain slugs managed to crawl out of his helmet and rest on his head. It seemed tired.

The lime crewmate initially approached the room with caution. He peeked in beside the door frame, quietly watching in the distance. After several awkward moments, Peyton advanced into the room with a tablet in hand. He must've been looking at his list of tasks.

He carefully walked beside the other two and headed toward the station to inspect samples. Peyton simply pressed a button and let the machine do its job. For now, he had to wait. In the meantime, Peyton tried to engage in small talk with the two while pretending a body wasn't laying on one of the beds. He paused once again for a few more moments before finally speaking.

"... Um... So, do you two have tasks to do or...? I could join ya'll, you know... If that's chill with you..." Peyton's voice returned to his usual slow, chill tone. But, it seemed like it was forced.

Walnutt Walnutt roguejewel roguejewel

Tasha was quiet for a moment after what she said—her hands came up to rub her face in stress relief when she saw she got blood on her gloves. It wasn't much darker than her suit already was, but the copper smell was what caught her. She lowered her arms to drape them on her legs loosely instead.
"Look, I didn't mean that—" her sentence cut off when she heard
Peyton come through the doorway. She stood up quicker than she would've liked, but that wasn't present on her mind at the moment. Maybe she put herself way too far on edge after what happened...but she used the moment of (awkward) silence to gather her thoughts and process what he said.
"Uh... yeah, I have to go align the engine output.. since
Louis was probably going to do that but got—" she paused, forcing herself not to look at the covered body. "—but anyway if you wish to come along with me that's fine. I don't speak for Mike, here, however."
Walnutt Walnutt Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

Last edited:
Mike backed into Medbay, trying carefully to not bump into anything but instantly failing as he shoulder checked the edge of an oversized medical device. He muttered a quiet curse and kept going until they stood beside one of the beds. He maneuvered the body until Louis was situated safely on the bed and then rested his eyes on his deceased crewmate. He gave Louis' shoulder a gentle touch before returning his gaze to Tasha. "There's no way of knowing if it's just one person. It could easily be two or more working together for some sick reason so I'm sorry if one person vouching for you doesn't instantly settle me."

Mike sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. This has quickly become a nervous tick of his that he had previously never noticed before. "I'm not gonna just stand in the corner and crazily repeat 'it's tasha it's tasha it's tasha' until I drive everyone, myself included, crazy. But I am going to be suspicious of everyone until this mess is sorted. Okay?" Instead of hearing a response from Tasha, it was a guy who talked next. Peyton. How long had he been in the room with them? And how hadn't Mike noticed his entrance?

"Hey, Peyton. Yeah sure, you can join us. I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to get done today so I'mma just follow Tasha for a bit and do them as they come up."

roguejewel roguejewel Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

Tasha raised an eyebrow as Mike continued, crossing her arms as she let him finish his sentence. " What would make you think this was more than one person? We've been on this ship long enough now to call each other by first name and this is the first time something like this has happened. Now, to suddenly say that it might not even be one person is...crazy. And no, it's not okay if you continue this attitude towards me while we figure what happened." She turned towards the back end of the room to gesture to the scanner.

"Not to mention, we have this thing. I mean, we are in space after all. Since nothing like this has happened before there shouldn't be a reason for someone to just snap and kill somebody. There are usually signs of aggression way before that." Tasha shook her head after a moment before taking a step back from the scanner. "But if that were true then that would make this whole situation---" she pauses to gesture towards Louis' body "---a million times scarier. And I'm not sure how to handle that information. After all, at the end of the day, we kind of know the limitations of the human mind; but we have absolutely no idea what an alien can be capable of."
Walnutt Walnutt Yamperzzz Yamperzzz

Kiki walked into the Medbay, making her way towards the scanner. She knew Tammy and Blue were behind her so she could feel a bit safe. She saw Tasha, Mike, and Peyton in the room but decided to quietly walk by. they were probably saying some final words or something like that, so she did not want to interrupt. She walked over to the scanner and began her scan.

Walnutt Walnutt Yamperzzz Yamperzzz Darklord95 Darklord95 Bloody_Death Bloody_Death

Blue walks up to medbay with Tammy and Kiki. “is.... is it alright if I wait out here?” He asks.

Blue gets scared when the lights go out. “Aaaaghh!” Then he realizes it was just the lights. He sighs relieved “the power went out, I’ll go fix it.” He offers heading toward cafeteria

"Blue, Wait!!!!" Kiki yells after him as she runs toward his voice. "Come back!!!"

-Kiki leaves medbay, running after Blue-

Last edited:
---Tammy Enters Medbay---

She sat down in one of the beds so she could wait for
Kiwi to scan before jumping at the screaming and the sudden darkness. Hearing that Blue was leaving she got up and chased after the two. "Don't go without us!" She called out as she ran.

----Tammy Exited Medbay---

"Are we really having a power outage right now? What even is this ship." Mike shook his head and walked out of medbay, not waiting to see if the others would follow.

-exits

---Tammy Enters while holding Kiki---

She places
her in one of the beds before tossing out the bloodied napkins in the trash and heading to the cabinets to get some proper bandages and ointment. Once found she tended to the injuries on her face and soon finished up before checking her pulse to make sure the other didn't die on her. "Hello? Kiki? Can you hear me or are you still sleeping?" She asked as she took a seat on the edge of her bed.

Inkles The Octo Inkles The Octo

—Curt enters behind them—
He stayed silent. He didn’t say anything, but his face said it all. His eyes looked dark, his face pale. He sat down on the ground in the corner, holding his knees. There, he would bury his face in his knees, shaking slightly.

Kiki Lays there, breathing heavily but is still alive. Vitals are normal but her heartbeat is rapid. Bleed on her face has started to slow down but it is still bleeding. Under her breath, she is able to be heard mumbling "Charlotte... Please...." she does also seem to toss and turn ever so slightly.

Tammy glanced over at Kiki when she started mumbling. She seemed to be fine, or at least stable, so she figured she didn't need to worry about her too much right now. Then Curt entered the room looking unstable in a completely different way compared to Kiki. Usually, she would tell him to calm down- but she knew that that was impossible. Not after what just happened. She hunted around the cabinets again and found some water bottles stored here. She grabbed two for the both of them and headed over to Curt, crouching down in front of him. "Hey...I already know you're probably not doing okay mentally...but physically are you okay? I brought some water to help you try and relax your nerves a bit." She said holding a bottle out to the other while already drinking from the one she got for herself.

Curt raised his head slightly, taking the water bottle shakily. He decided not to open it, as he wasn’t really that thirsty. He looked up at Tammy, a faded smile he would give to her before looking back down.
“I can’t believe it was him. He was so sweet, so gentle. I don’t understand how.. it had to be a misunderstanding, right?”
Curt was at a loss for words, really.

“Did he have to go out, that way?”
Curt was mostly sick with the way Blue had to go, he was still a person. He couldn’t imagine what it would be like for someone innocent to go the same way.

Tammy gave a nod to Curt's words. Not even being able to comprehend how it could've been him as well. She tried to think of a reason as to why he did that but couldn't think of one. Then she recalled seeing his face just before he got thrown out into space. It looked almost inhumane. As in he looked like a monster. She didn't think about it at first since she was worried about Kiki. But maybe something killed Blue a long time ago and was just using his body to try and trick all of them. "Actually..." She started slowly, "I don't know if you noticed it or if I was just losing my mind- but Blue didn't look human when Kiki was stabbing him. Physically I mean! Like- he looked like a demon or a monster His eyes were all white with no pupils and his mouth was impossibly large!" She rambled out rather loudly but held a serious look on her face. "What if Blue was already dead and something was impersonating him to trick and kill us all!?" She exclaimed before shaking her head and calming down a bit. "That was just a thought though. If you or Kiki didn't see it then maybe I was just imagining things." She sighed a bit and scratched at her head.

Kiki slowly sat up barely holding herself up. "Imps..." She said, pain in her voice. "They are an alien race.... able to look and sound like anyone..." She said as she painfully tried to stand up. "I read about them while in school. Thought they were either extinct or in another galaxy..." She fell back onto the bed after the pain got to her. "There is almost always two of them... maybe three..." She said upset. "There has to be at least one more in with us... We can't let them get to Mira..."

Curt simply listened to what they had to say. He didn’t know how to respond, just laying his head back down into his knees. He was pale, sickly looking. He was traumatised, really.
He didn’t have to go out that way... why did it have to be like that..?”
He mumbled, repeating the latter a few times before going quiet again.

Tammy glanced over at Kiki when she started speaking. Tammy was not one to really pay attention to school but she had heard some myths about those aliens before. She didn't think they existed though let alone be riding the same ship as them. She gave a worried sigh and moved to sit in one of the empty beds. Glancing between both Curt and Kiki she tried to think of what they could do. If there really was one more of these monsters onboard with them how were they going to figure it out? "Okay...so how are we going to figure out who the other one is? If there even is another one. We don't even know for sure if there is another one or not." She gave a groan and just kinda stared at her lap while she thought.

Curt peeked his eyes up from his knees, answering Tammy’s question about how to identify the outliers.
See who is or isn’t doing tasks.. if nobody’s doing them.. that means they want the ship to go down.. which means they want to kill us..
Curt said, trailing off as he did. He buries his face back into his knees. He needed some time.

Curt grimaced, his tone turned sour.
”Nothing against dead people, but now we all have double the work to do. We can’t just give up on tasks. We have to do more, now. It’ll be hard to keep track of everything if we’re in big groups.”
Curt paused.
”I know it’s a lot, but I’m gonna have to travel separately. I‘ll take some of the burden, but I think it’s important we get back to work. You can stay with Kiki, but that’s my personal plan.“
He stood up as he stated this. His expression still looks horrible. He’s a wreck, he’s falling apart. He’s usually tidy with his hair, but now it’s a mess on his head as he slumps out.
—Curt exits—

Tammy watched a bit worriedly as Curt left to finish his task. If they were still possible in danger then walking around alone still wasn't a good idea. But the other was already gone before she could protest. She was left in the room with Kiki. Which was fine with her. Someone had to stay and watch. So she stayed sitting in the bed and looked down at her tablet to try and map out the easiest way she could make her way around to finish tasks as quickly as possible when she could leave and do them.

-- PEYTON HAS ENTERED MEDBAY --

Coming from the cafeteria, Peyton returned to medbay with the intention of rejoining Mike and Tasha... But not before dealing with the samples he loaded into the machine before the lights went out. As stated previously, Peyton was oblivious to the events that played out afterward. Just know that he was too busy walking into walls and struggling with the card reader to take notice.

Peyton arrived shortly after Curt exited. The lime crewmate first noticed Tammy and, specifically, Kiki on one of the beds. Peyton's somewhat annoyed expression from the card swiping quickly became one of concern. He stopped in his tracks, the brain slug on his head staring with surprise.

"... Whoa...! What happened to you guys...?"

Bloody_Death Bloody_Death Inkles The Octo Inkles The Octo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back