• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ

• ENFJ

• Total voters
my answer to white's question!

even though I think I'm INTP, I do hope they tell me about what their suspicious were.

ACTUALLY LET ME ADD SOMETHING ON FIRST

@L0TUSLAND

NO! Burn those online tests! Stop it! Stop taking them! You're making me pull my hair out! No test is going to tell you what you fall under. Only yourself, or another person. That is only after you, or this other person, has read a lot into functions and all things related. If you take another test and say the results, I will cut off your hand.

WHY WOULD NICK BE THE ONLY ONE WITH THE KEY TO HER HOUSE?? WHEN CLEARLY, SHE WAS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH JOE....

SO, THAT MAKES ME THINK THAT THIS IS A MURDER OF JEALOUSY AND OVER-EMOTIONAL TEMPERAMENTAL PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO RESTRAINT

SO HERES HOW IT WENT:

NICK MEETS LADY. LADY AND NICK TALK, AND LADY ASKS NICK TO COFFEE.

NICK SAYS YES.

THEY HAVE THEIR FUN LITTLE COFFEE DATE, AND EVERYTHING GOES FINE. THEY PLAN MORE DATES.

EVENTUALLY, THEY DECIDE THEYRE IN LOVE.

NICK PROPOSES TO LADY A YEAR AFTER.

FAST-FORWARD TO PRESENT DAY. NICK AND THE LADY HAVE BEEN MARRIED HAPPILY FOR 5 YEARS. THEY LIVE TOGETHER OF COURSE, AND NICK AND THE LADY ARE THE ONLY ONES WITH KEYS TO THEIR HOUSES.

UNFORTUNATELY DURING THIS TIME THE LADY'S GOTTEN BORED WITH THE MARRIAGE, AND DECIDES SHE WANTS SOMETHING MORE EXCITING IN HER LIFE.

SHE FLIRTS SUBTLY WITH JOE JONAS, NICKS BROTHER AND FELLOW BANDMATE.

JOE CATCHES ON AND NICK DOESN'T.

AFTER A NIGHT OF PARTYING JOE IS PRETTY DRUNK, AND LADY AND JOE SNEAK OFF TOGETHER.

CHEATING ENSURES.

JOE DOESNT REALIZE THAT THIS IS KINDA MESSED UP, OR HE DOESNT CARE. EITHER WAY.

THEY CONTINUE SNEAKING AROUND FOR A FEW MONTHS.

EVENTUALLY, NICK, WHO HAS NO CONCEPT OF PERSONAL SPACE LOOKS THROUGH LADY'S PHONE. HE DISCOVERS, FROM SPYING ON HER TEXTS, WHATS BEEN GOING ON.

CUE MURDER FUELED MY DESPAIR, BETRAYAL, BITTERNESS, AND RAGE.

NICK TARGETS LADY BECAUSE HIS EMOTIONS GET IN THE WAY OF HIS THINKING.

AND THE REST IS HISTORY!

*nods enthusiastically*

Well, while I say that we're inconsistent, there are also obvious patterns in behavior...

At least the MBTI personality descriptions DO take into account various scenarios, which pleases me and is a lot more accurate than just saying "ur a happy individual!" because that isn't a REALLY good way to describe people.

In short, we're a whole mess of contradictions.

Creatures of habit and also straying off in completely different directions based off of the smallest things.

You could be more liable to snap because your fingers feel dirty and that irritates you more than anything else.

You could be in a situation where your best friend is down in the dumps about something, and right next to them is your worst enemy that is going through traumatic life things.

REGARDLESS, sometimes there are clear distinctions between people who could overall be called an introvert and those that could overall be called an extrovert, and just like how your own behavior changes depending on your environment, most people will also tweak the way they speak based on the way the other person comes across.

So I can see how it could be a shortcut to getting to know people a little better, because either way you'll have to take in how they themselves handle different situations to decide on how to deal with them...

More than anything, though, I just find personality tests to be fun.

They can be insightful, but they could also alter your perception of yourself and others.

In that same situation as I mentioned before with the four personality types, the whole class got to take it and while some were like "that's totally me," others were like "this is nothing like me??"

At first I was confused about why I got the perfectionist patter (I wish I could remember the name of the specific test I'm referring to), but upon closer inspection, I learned that it could be applied to me and has since been my favorite personality test I've ever taken.

But oh yes, please do tell me about yourself.

How I DO love talking about people...

*brandishes pen and paper*

@Ghost

oh my god

". Even if it can't describe a person, it let's you know how to communicate better with them, and their thought process. "

*snortles* my thought process? You hope to understand my thought process? *preens* good luck!

just kidding
:P

Haha, you two are nuts. I'm so absorbed chatting with you both when I need RPs to do >.>.

Ghost. Excellent. I am honestly gushing over your answers. Two reasons, your pieces came across so clear and beautifully. It was like the perfect specimen of an answer. I giggled out loud.

So let me get to the point. You and Pine have two completely diff flavors. Dipped in the same sauce, with the same sprinkles, but different. My god. Thank you for answering that. Really.

Ghost, you fall under INFP >.>

What set me off, was your post about Character theft.

And...also...I lied. Rofl. There was a purpose to that question, and leaving out details was half of it xD .

*dances*

*bows*

*smile-*

*scoffs*

No! I refuse to have the label of "feels" attached to me! *gags*

I realized there was tons of details left out and that theres really no way to conclude anything decisively from something so vague, but I !figured I'd go along with it!

I f you could call that going along with something.

Could you please explain what exactly it was about my character theft post that makes you think that? because honestly when i made that i just felt like complaining. and then because other people replied, i was forced to in order to defend my appearance of Smart and Incredible. the morals of character theft dont concern me, people that do that just piss me off. if that makes a difference or not

also since im so self centered ive read stuff basically only about INTPs, soooooooo. explain that too, please? :) and the differences between me and pie?

and well, welll.. of course there was a purpose to you post!

@Pine

And You are right again. They say typing should only be done for people 6-20/21 years-old. Afterwards, it gets hard to see how a person naturally is, because life happens. This is why in some tests it says, "Think back to when you were blah-blah-blah."

Unless someone remembers their upbringing, they're pretty un-typable. Unless they're unhealthy.

@White Masquerade

OH THAT REMINDS ME

I forgot to mention the whole mental disability thing.

I hadn't ever thought about it, but it makes sense.

The definition for mental disorder is something along the lines of behavior being unnatural, illogical and disturbing.

So when people come up with these personality types, they're within the confines of social convention, which people suffering from said disorders are usually dancing outside the lines of, it only makes sense that they can't be fit into one of those categories so easily. *nods*

AND KIN I'M TRYING TO DO ROLE PLAY REPLIES TOO

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU STOP MAKING IT THAT WAY O H MY GOD

To be honest though, that character theft thread was kind of provoked by a conversation I was having with Goats already.

I would have commented, but I would have been just agreeing with what Goats was saying, more or less, because I guess we had kind of come to the same conclusion...?

Ghost said:
and the differences between me and pie?
Goats, I think what Kin is trying to say is I'm the more beautiful twin.

*flips hairs*

maybe i should un-hide that small comment in my last post, because looking at the first description of infps these first few sentences are wholly off.

im going to wait for white's description before i say anything though

pie i will call you at 3 am and do nothing but scream

@Ghost

Explaining things is what I was tying to avoid *cries*. It's such a hassle ( -_- ") Let me use charts and try to answer all you've said.

Okay. Ghost, whatever description you're reading. Don't. The description of these types are a problem too. You saying this --->

No! I refuse to have the label of "feels" attached to me! *gags*
points you even more into INFP without you realizing it.
That label of feels you're talking about is real, but it's not the one you have. In MBTI, there are two feels.

• Introverted Feels
  • Extraverted Feels

You have Introverted Feels. I have Introverted feels. I can't stand people with strong Extraverted Feels. It gets on my nerves. In real life, I get along with 0% of them. Long story short, people with Introverted feels come off as more emotionally "closed." Which is why you may not feel particularly nice. Introverted feels is emotionally selfish.

About your character theft post, there were small things in it that escape me, but the fact that you even posted it at all, was a flag. The tone of it too, was another flag.

Haha. I wouldn't exactly use the word self-centered (but I'll use it), but that's exactly the reason you probably only read things on INTP. It goes back to what Pine said about tests changing your perceptions. In your mind, you were INTP, so you only read about what you were =P.

Now the diff between you and Pine. Look down please! Here are the type functions.

INTP: (Pinecone)

Introverted Thinking

Extraverted Intuition

Introverted Sensing

Extraverted Feeling

INFP: (Goats)

Introverted Feeling

Extraverted Intuition

Introverted Sensing

Extraverted Thinking

What I bolded, is why I say you two are similar. That came out very clear in both answers. In different shades though, because Pine has Introverted Thinking/Extraverted Feels, while Ghost has Introverted Feels/Extraverted Thinking.

So you two are very similar but, really different. Heck, you two even have the bolded in the same spots! Also, Ghost, because of that Introverted Feels you are more opposed to believing in the MBTI. Being defined period really. To convince you about it, I would need a lot of examples and evidence, but even then, I doubt you'd believe me completely. I would be better off trying to convince Pine.

pls, elaborate Teacher - "About your character theft post, there were small things in it that escape me, but the fact that you even posted it at all, was a flag. The tone of it too, was another flag."

well, i am rather self-centered. (coincidentally, me and pie were just talking about selfishness in general last night. i feel tempted to just invite you to the conversation) i dont really see it as a bad thing and if it was, i dont really care. So... I read only about the INTP, because I didn't care about anything else. It wasn't interesting. I agree that reading test results can change your perceptions, but I don't see what that has to do with being self-centered? You might've just worded it weirdly and I might be misunderstanding though.

also, if youd like to hear about the situation surrounding the character theft thread and my feels about it, i can talk about it.

I'm not rejecting your ideas/refusing to consider them completely, though.

And I "believe in" the MBTI. its not like astrology and there doesnt seem to be too much Forer. athough any personality test also isnt going to be 100% accurate...

also, if you dont want to explain the functions, could you link to somewhere that you think has an accurate description of them, and doesnt focus on "if you're INFP you're a moral person who sees good in everyone and are full of wonder" :P

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="White Masquerade]I can't stand people with strong Extraverted Feels. It gets on my nerves. In real life, I get along with 0% of them.

[/QUOTE]
Ohh, but Kin loves me!

ri̧͠g͟h̛̀t̶͏?͢

jkjk

But out of curiosity !

Is extraverted feels exactly as it sounds, then?

I'm curious about how this would apply alongside the introverted thinking aspect, I suppose. owo !

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]To convince you about it, I would need a lot of examples and evidence, but even then, I doubt you'd believe me completely. I would be better off trying to convince Pine.

[/QUOTE]
And would you look at that, Goats?

i'm easier to manipulate *sobbing dance*

also ahaha it might be better to just like copy and paste the stuff about self-motivation somewhere

because that was just fun theorizing around human nature and kin doesn't need to know about how horrible of a person i really am lol

yeah, which is why i wasnt going to do it and was searching for some sort of permissions coughs hehe

so pie, ill give you the task of choosing what bits to copy and paste! :) whatever i wrote, i wont mind having being shared. but you can edit out parts of your posts and stuff in mine that might imply things, etc.

we can make a third conversation to keep it organized?

@Ghost

And now you've caught me in the trap =(. Why am I still here? Lol Ghost I'll have to go into the Character Theft post another time. That is another topic to swim through. @-@.

The perception thing is this. I'll assume a lot here to get the point across.

• As an INFP, you are selfish and only care about things related to yourself.
  • The test tells you that you are INTP.
  • Even though you are a selfish INFP, you think you are an INTP.
  • Your INFP selfishness causes you to read only about yourself.
  • Since the test says you are INTP, your INFP selfishness causes you to only read about what you think you are: INTP.

And nah, you wouldn't outright reject it, more like acknowledge it, but not be too hot on using it. More like, "Oh. Cool. Fun. Kind of stupid how they think they can measure a though. Whatever."

A place that good descriptions of the functions. Linking you to someplace like that would do more harm than good. Give me a bit to find something that won't cause more confusion.

@Pine

Haha. I can't stand people with strong Extra-Feels. Those people are the ones with it in the first spot. Occasionally second. If it's exactly how it sounds...yes and no. It is more visible than mine and Ghost's but it's abut how you consider feels rather than if you're emotionally expressive or not.

Ghost this is for you:

http://www.transpersonalscience.org/types.aspx

It goes to the heart of things. It gives descriptions of people if they were only that function. But people are a layer of the functions, so only when you mix them together do you get how a type is.

@White Masquerade

I see!

It took me until your previous post to understand the list of introverted thinking/extraverted etc. etc. and its purpose, but I understand now! :'D

I don't know the precise extent that you're interested in discussing about personalities/behaviors/human nature, so I just wanted to double check if you really DID want to read about our discussion about people's motivations before I sent it to you. xD

y/n?

(and it's totally fine if not)

Lol. Even if you don't want to explain/elaborate, I had to ask.

If you really don't want to, I'm not going to make you tho.

And yeah ignore past me, it was just misunderstanding. I think I also didn't word what I said perfectly.

I think it's rather accurate compared to other psychology tests because the person who made it actually knew something about psychology and was p influential. Nothing can be 100% accurate though xD We're all human.

*waits patiently*

nvmd you posted while i was typing

not really much a question so much as a general interest in discussion

^ what goats said

Not really a questions as much as juggling ideas around.

I mean, if you aren't really interested in hearing about it, I don't want you to feel obligated to read it. xD

i know you're busy, after all ~

Ghost said:
not really much a question so much as a general interest in discussion
Soon! I know you two are procrastinators! Well, I am too! I am very interested. If you could send it in 2 days! That'd be wonderful.

[QUOTE="Makise Kurisu]If you're looking for accuracy, enneagram is not the way to go. MBTI is very accurate. There are a few definitions for each type because there are lots of different traits that can't all be covered in one short definition. If you find two definitions for one type that conflict, then one of the sources is wrong

[/QUOTE]
On the contrary, MBTI relies on observation of behavior, not medical or neurological causes that can be measured. As a result, as with all personality theories (Enneagram included), it's highly subjective. The reason I pointed out Enneagram is that it accounts for what motivates a person. Together with MBTI, which accounts for how one sees the world, it creates a semi-passable, basic definition of one's personality. That being said, tests have (supposedly) shown that Enneagram results tend to be more consistent across the board.

In the end, deciding on a definitive answer requires introspection and self-understanding rather than taking a test online. Thus why these theories are quite subjective and not as clear-cut as you seem to claim.

Personally, I think that's just fine, and I'm content with being an INTP-INTJ-ENTP-ISTP hybrid. xD

I'm honestly confused like wtf has this thread turned into.

@Randomosity

I think that's what I was trying to say in my response. You can't exactly rely on one test to define who you are as a person. idk maybe that's not what you were saying at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back