• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Maybe You're My Love (closed)

StarDeux

Magical Girl
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The gym was quiet save for the rhythmic sound of a volleyball bouncing against the ground. Once, twice, and then it was in the air. There was a faint woosh and a deafening thunder clap as a hand spiked it over the net. It went whistling, colliding against the wooden floor before rolling over to find its home among the rest of the balls. Shoes squeaked, and then the pattern repeated itself. Makoto didn't even hear the noise, the huff of breath she gave as she jumped time and time again. Instead, she was bopping along to an entirely different beat. The large headphones that pressed on her ears blocking out any sound save for the bubble-gum pop music that played on her phone, leaving her enclosed in a bubble as she practiced the same steps over and over again. She was Sisyphus and this was her bolder.

It was late enough in the afternoon that the rest of her team had gone home or vanished to go do other activities. A few of them had invited her to pop by the Host Club, insisting she needed some time to relax and get pampered, but Makoto had thanked them and ultimately brushed them off. Yet, it wasn't so late that she felt the pressing need to wrap up and go home. There were other people in the gym, she was sure, but they were probably lifting weights or running track - doing something far out of the distance of her personal realm of expertise.

She hit another ball.

Her hand was stinging, then, the palm having turned red some time ago. Maybe she should take a break. A glance at the clock on the wall told her that if she wrapped up now she might be able to catch her friends as they were leaving the club - she might even be able to talk them into getting bubble tea with her. The idea made her smile, and she decided it was a very good idea indeed.

She just needed to finish up her current set. The basket she was pulling from only had two balls left.

Focusing once more, Makoto bounced the ball and blocked the pain of her hand out as she served herself another spike. She had put more heat on that ball and it went ricocheting off where it had landed. Her arm ached. Picking up the last volleyball, Makoto repeated her pattern once more. This time, she'd give it all that she could muster.

The ball was in the air.

Makoto leped.

Her phone glitched and a deafening screech blasted an assault on her eardrums.

The ball went flying, missing wildly and soaring straight through the open door of the court - straight towards an unsuspecting victim.

Ears still ringing, Makoto was moving the moment she was on the ground again. Headphones clattered to the ground as they were ripped from her head, abandoned as she ran towards the poor girl - panicked. Had she hit her?

"Oh my god I'm so so so sorry."

TarantulaHawk TarantulaHawk

Hana had never been in such a fancy environment. Sure, she had more money than the average middle-class person, but even her home wasnโ€™t that fancy. It made her kind of embarrassed to know that if she asked anyone around her, they would probably brag, in glorious detail, about how big and expensive their homes were.

Well, everyone except for Haruhi. The brunette came from a lower class family and understood completely why Hana was sort of out of place. The two of them had been friends for a long time and it was nice to actually spend time together again. Haruhi had offered to show her around after hours, insisting that she could take an hour away from the last part of her shift at the Host Club to do so (Hana was still mentally laughing over the story of her breaking that vase and repaying her debt this was).

When they reached the gym, she looked around. It was huge. She could hear the rhythmic clanking of work out machines in the background, letting her know that there were some students there working out still, and she could hear a ball bouncing against the ground somewhere nearby.

โ€œDonโ€™t let any of the super rich people hear this, but at least the gym isnโ€™t too fancy.โ€

Haruhi chuckled a little. โ€œYeah, itโ€™s the one part of this place that isnโ€™t ridiculous.โ€

โ€œYou know, I thinkโ€”โ€œ

Hana was cut off suddenly โ€” an object had soared across the gym in a swift and powerful fashion and collided with her face. She was knocked flat onto her back with a yell of pain and surprise.

"Oh my god I'm so so so sorry."

Hana looked up to see a girl standing above her, looking worried. After a letting herself recover for a moment, she let Haruhi help her up and she managed to give the girl a smile as she rubbed her, now painfully sore, forehead.

โ€Ah, itโ€™s okay, just be careful where you aim that thing next time.โ€ Hana said with a bit of a frown.

Oh. Oh yeah Makoto had absolutely hit the stranger. Her heart sunk with that realization, guilt weighing it like an anchor. In the back of her head she was only vaguely thankful the rest of her team hadn't been there - God only knew they would have never let her live this one down. It was bad enough when other teammates got hit, but this was so much worse.

Makoto's hand hovered in the air close to Hana, not quite touching her, but ready to help if she suddenly got woozy.

"Geeze I really nailed you with that one, didn't I? Oh man I'm really sorry. You might want to sit down, the girls on the team have been concussed over less. Can I get you anything? Some water, or ice maybe?" She offered. Makoto was so busy looking over the blazing red spot on the girl's forehead she barely noticed Haruhi.

She blinked when she finally realized the host was there with them. Man he really was so pretty wasn't he? She allowed herself only a moment to admire his beauty before she was speaking again.

"I suppose I should be apologizing to you too, Fujioka, if I had realized she was a friend of yours I would have tried a little harder not to wound her so badly." Makoto smiled a little, the joke meant to lighten the air around them.

She wasn't particularly close to Haruhi. Their relationship could be described as surface-level at best. Makoto had shared a few words with the boy over the year so far, and he struck her as a genuinely nice person - host or no. What perplexed her, however, was that he wasn't currently at the club. She was curious to know what he was doing with the younger girl but Makoto figured now wasn't exactly the time to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back